So Russ is finally confirmed as a mouth breathing retard of the highest order as was often expected...

So Russ is finally confirmed as a mouth breathing retard of the highest order as was often expected. Will Russ-fags finally admit that their Primarch was the brainlet of the bunch?

>There are so many errors there I don't even know where to start
based valdor

Holy shit Russ, what the fuck were you thinking?

What is this from?

Not just a brainlet but a manlet too. The other Primarchs are 10 feet tall yet he's shorter than Valdor.

>What is this from?
Magisterium a new short story from Black Library. It has Dorn in it too where he comes across as completely competent commander when talking to Valdor about the defense of Terra. Guess that explains why Dorn was on the walls whilst Russ was busy limping away after running off to lose what remained of his legion to Horus and Abaddon.

>tfw Russ is an actual fucking braindead retard
Wow. Not like I had a lot of doubts, but still.

*drunk posy start*I remember when I started 40k, Russ was a mythical figure whose deeds where the stuff of legends a mournful grudge with the thousand suns, an ancient rivalry with the dark angels, it was the the stuff of legends! now its just black library shiting all over the place. fuck man why did they have do that * drunk post end*

Dog fuckers BTFO

>Russ is a dipshit, Dorn is good at his job and Valdor is /ourguy/
i need to read this

>'There are so many errors there,' he said eventually, 'I do not even know where to start.'
So obviously, Valdor knows that the Primarchs were intended to be instruments. Is Russ' assumption that the custodes aren't 'blood' or 'family' to the Emperor also an error in Valdor's mind? What did he mean by this?

>"Each one of the Ten Thousand represents genetic lore acquired over many lifetimes. Each one of you is unique, a work of art never to be repeated. I am miserly with your lives, where I would spend so many others without a thought."
This is from 1d4chan, so I don't really know the source. Also, Guiliman was bummed after chatting with the Emps, E sees the primarchs as tools or something,.

Source is The Master of Mankind, been reading through it the past few days.

Its a shame the Custodes don't have at least a few primarch level fighters, though they are close.

Just want Valdor to be like T6 man.

Wait a minute, Russ was shorter than Valdor?

LMAO IT ALL MAKES SENSE FUCKING MANLETS STILL COPING IN THE YEAR 40K

>Also, Guiliman was bummed after chatting with the Emps, E sees the primarchs as tools or something,.
That's after 10'000 years of failure though, and a good 75% of it primarch-related, so Big E wasn't in the best of moves

You know what really sucks about the Horus Heresy stuff? The fact its written by fanboy writers, each intent on propping up their favourite and doing it at the expense of other characters. Its a creative void of 'nuh-uh, my guy is strongest/smartest/biggest' and has reduced the setting to a bad rendition of WWE.

No, what sucks about the Horus Heresy is reducing mythic figures of yore to a set of human motivations and words on a page.

Example: The Emperor goes from unknowable symbol of humanity's failed ambition and rightful place in the cosmos to just another failed ruler of men in a long chain of rulers of men.

Example: The Primarchs go from demigods and fallen angels to giant children squabbling amongst themselves for the love of an absent father who cares for them not.

The absolute expression of this will be the inevitable clash between The Emperor and Horus in orbit over Terra that caps off the series. We'll all read on in horror as the legend distorts itself from a clash between once loving Father and Son to ambivalent man and his wayward creation that has escaped his control.

>The Primarchs go from demigods and fallen angels to giant children squabbling amongst themselves for the love of an absent father who cares for them not.

Soo, just like any pantheon that has a hierarchy?
The only thing that makes legends seem legendary is the mythic language. Related in the personal level, the air and is stripped away. I guarantee you that with enough time to let current concepts seem antiquated, you could easily spin a legend out of The Quest of Greg to the Store/The Saga of Mandy's Ingrown Toenail/Dave's Vengeance Upon Kate and Steve.

>Russ
>Thinking
He doesn't really think, like a wild animal he only acts

>why did they have do that
Money of course.

Horseshit. What makes myths mythical is that they are fragments of a time long gone. That you only have tales and hearsay about them. That you only have the results of their supposed deeds. Robutt was interesting because we knew so much, yet so little about him. We had fragments, we knew where he was or wasn't during crucial moments, we knew that his actions and teachings helped shape the Imperium as it ended up. And from those, we speculated. About his intentions, his thoughts and what might have happened during the holes of the story.
Straight up showing him, and poorly, that's what demystifies him.

Perharps he's just ignoring what the furry king said and was actualy concerned about the military tactics/the Emperor's orders

I fucking hate what they did to him. Nerdruss that got settled with the brainlet chad legion was so much more interesting.

what is this nerdruss you are talking about?
When was it canon?

>The absolute expression of this will be the inevitable clash between The Emperor and Horus in orbit over Terra that caps off the series. We'll all read on in horror as the legend distorts itself from a clash between once loving Father and Son to ambivalent man and his wayward creation that has escaped his control.
Why do people keep misinterpreting Master of Mankind

Prospero Burns

Because Veeky Forums is full of fantasy reading retards. Expecting even basic literary analysis from them is just a waste of time.

Besides why support you opinions with facts when you can just argue anonymously with memes?

It's the shitty writers they employ. They can't give a character their moment without making another look like a doofus, even if it's a supherhuman demi-god. Imagine if Frank Herbert or someone like that were writing these books instead.

>"I-I can't even.. just.. PRIMARCHS!"

Why is Valdor portrayed like some faggot? Must be the author channeling themselves.

proofs?

Calm down ADB.

>He could remember things that were only legends to those who lived today. But mostly what he remembered was Russ, his Primarch: the roaring, roistering giant he had followed across a hundred worlds in those ancient days. By all that was sacred, had there ever been another such man? He doubted it. Russ had been a giant, and there were no more giants left. It seemed impossible that such a one as Russ could die. He had burned with life and power and pride.

They've fucking RUINED it.It's over.

So, we agree?

>The Virgin Valdor
>The Chad Russ