/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Updated Links Edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/bgy1rqd6

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Last time, on /wfg/: All links are now updated. Please let me know if you have any links to content you want added to the pastebin(s).

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/lastsword/elven-lords
scontent.fmad3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/24883317_1437505812984847_9059397386920178530_o.jpg?oh=a2d581066c7d855a75cad0e77e1500f4&oe=5A972DC8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Nagash was Weak

>TMS gone
Take all my upvotes!

They're still there, I just put them into the pastebin

Pastebin is still out of date, Mantic doesn't have undead listed
It should probably also include all the manufacturers that actually do plastic

Undead are now listed for Mantic. As for plastic, I'm not sure which ones do plastic. Do you know which ones do?

Off the top of my head:
Mantic
Fireforge
Perry
Warlord Games
Frostgrave
The Northstar Fantasy line

Thanks dude, I appreciate it.

Were the Ancestors Gods real, physical Dwarves who ascended like Sigmar? Or were they just mythical beings? Or Old Ones in disguise?
Also, why does no-one talk about Endhammer any more?

Just my headcanon, but I think they were real, physical dwarfs in the vein of Sigmar. Grungni was probably just a very wise Dwarf that understood the nature of the polar gates and knew that they couldn't last forever. Dwarfs are pretty good at noticing flaws in engineering and crafts, after all.

Endhammer was shit nobody could agree on.

The cosmology and gods of Warhammer is 100% dependant on edition. End Times and 8e didn’t reveal jack shit about the Dwarf gods other than Nagash vore Valaya, Grimnir was real, and Gromnrindal was Snorri.

They were all physical, real dwarfs. Dwarfs are ancestor worshipers.

No one talks about endhammer because it became an elf circlejerk.

The Ancestor Gods were divine mortals. They recieved the gifts of the Old Ones directly, and each went their own way when the Gates collapsed to try and save the Dwarfs. We don’t know where Grungni went, but Grimnir invaded the Warp and set up a Dwarf Hold in it. Valaya tried to do what Lileath did and set up a new world for Dwarfs, but Lileath sabatoged Valaya to make her own world happen instead.

The Elf gods by contrast were partially the survivors of the destruction of the previous world cycle, and simply took command of the mortal Elves when the Old Ones left. The rest can be inferred to possibly also be ascended mortals who recieved gifts from the Old Ones, but its not clear since the writers gave no shits about explaining everything.

>Valaya tried to do what Lileath did and set up a new world for Dwarfs, but Lileath sabatoged Valaya to make her own world happen instead.

that elf bitch

It was more like nobody knew what to do with the Elves. Elf players wanted a return to status quo with Naggaroth and Ulthuan not destroyed and no factions merged, like New 52 Green Lantern. Non-Elf players wanted to keep Malekith the Eternity King and Elves united, then branch out from there.

The argument couldn’t be resolved. People realized that instead of trying to make an alternate reality ET it was better to disregard it.

Lileath fucked everyone, including herself. Created the three Elf races by turning Asuryan and Khaine against each other then destroyed all three in ET by killing Isha and getting the Everchild kidnapped, fucked humanity by making the Brets her pets, fucked her father Orion by tying his reincarnation to the Brets, sabotaged the Dwarfs to empower Nagash by killing Valaya, sabatoged the final alliance by not hiding from Brets because she wanted to watch the world end, and finally it was all for nothing by her accidentally revealing to Be’lakor about her new world.

It can be argued she made Chaos stronger even by forcing Chaos’s hand with Nagash’s early resurrection, which caused them to reach out to the Skaven for help. Had Horned Rat not seen a chance to join the greater Chaos he wouldn’t have united the Skaven in a Vermintide, so the Lizardmen wouldn’t have fallen so they could have empowered the other races from afar like usual.

The entirety of the Warhammer lore is Lileath being as much of an autistic fuckup as the God Emperor in 40k.

The fuck was she trying to gain through all of this?

>being as much of an autistic fuckup as the God Emperor in 40k.
oh God. That's a bit to much to take.
Luckily big part of it is not canon as only canon worth knowing ends at pic attached

christ why the fuck would they write it all that stupid

>discussing End times lore

Threadly reminder that ET is the worst thing GW ever made.

I did like the idea of Norscans settling in the Empire as a part of spiritual journey to see which Gods were the ones who gave true manhood.

>New 52 Green Lantern
Huh?
Didn't Geoff Johns just keep writing his big Lantern Wars epic as if nothing had changed after the refoot? I remember it being one of the (many, many [many] many) awkward parts of that clusterfuck, that Jordan's timeline didn't change as everyone else's shrank by a few years.

She had a prophesy that Chaos would destroy the world as soon as she got to it after having just survived Chaos destroying her home world.

So she decided that this world would end when she decided it would, which was as soon as she could send someone to another world the same way she herself had been to this one.

The problem with this is Lileath is aware that its all taking place in an infinite multiverse, making her actions all stupid and pointless.

At least when Marvel did the same idea, it was the smartest men of the Marvel universe destroying other universes to save their own. Lileath sabatoged her new homeworld from the start because she knew it would eventually end. The goddess of prophesy was unable to comprehend the concept of a self-fulfilling prophesy. Not only that, but the fact she was able to change destiny and end the world sooner means it was never assured anyway, her prophesy was only a possible future rather than the foretold future.

Then you throw in Be’lakor can time travel and make fate happen, and the result is that nothing means anything, and things only happen because stupid characters do stupid things for stupid reasons.

Lileath’s plan was to save a few beings in an infinite cycle, one of whom will immediately begin to sabatoge it creating an endless cycle of stupidity because the concept of not forcing the apocalypse to happen resulting in it not happening is too hard to grasp.

>Valnir the Reaper
Mah fellow snownigga!

Yeah, the New 52 changed literally everyone and gave them all new backstories while resetting the timeline back to superheroes being new and the JL meeting each other for the first time, but Green Lantern kept going forwards like nothing happened despite events like Darkest Night requiring the JL to have existed for a decade. Hal just got a new costume and forgot everything.

Since he had a comical reaction to Batman by now apparently not even knowing who Bruce Wayne is, people joke that Flashpoint only reset the timeline on Earth and made Hal even more brain damaged than before.

Then in Rebirth they tried to explain it, then in Convergence explain some more until Convergence retconned itself and went back to square one, now Watchmen is the origin of the entire rest of DC starting at Action Comics #1 and Doctor Manhatten only made everyone retarded as a joke and the timeline never actually reset since its all been him fucking with the memories of the entire universe to understand humans better. Also, Sandman and the Endless will soon be involved, taking an Easter egg reference to Watchmen and DC during the arc where Lucifer quits hell and making it canon to explain a continuity fuckup from about 15 years ago.

Which is all a good metaphor for Endhammer.

Sounds like someone wrote a sloppy end so their fan fiction could be pushed

I don't understand this new thread.

>annoying, hard to read red cursive text

Why did they think this was a good idea again? Even with a physical book I feel that'd be tough to read.

Is the Enemy Within campaign in the pastebin? I can't seem to find it there.

Would love to try him out on the tabletop. His rules seems fun.
Have anyone actually used him?

MADE TO ORDER WHEN

Best plastic kit GW ever made.

Gone like tears in the rain.

Found a good Kickstarter for WFB.

48 High Elf, maybe Dark Elf with some greenstuff spikes, Spearmen or Archers for $40 USD, and look much better than Mantic.

kickstarter.com/projects/lastsword/elven-lords

Shit, nevermind.

I read it wrong, $40 for 12. Fuck that.

>still cheaper than GW

So despite all of chaos wankery in retard times it was order fags that decided to end world, so it will end on their own terms?

Chaos a failure as ever?

scontent.fmad3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/24883317_1437505812984847_9059397386920178530_o.jpg?oh=a2d581066c7d855a75cad0e77e1500f4&oe=5A972DC8

They made an interview with the CEO of cubicle7, it's mostly WFRP related.

If you could redesign one faction, which would you choose and how would you change it?

I would redesign the Dark Elves so that the Sundering was entirely religious in nature. The Cadai were the most prominent before the Daemon invasion, but Malekith and his faction believe that the Cytharai are their only hope of defeating Chaos (Mathlann is replaced with their own Stormfels). They are a succeeding colonies, not exiles from Nagarythe, those both factions were represented on either end.

They still fight the High Elves and have their cruel culture, but conquering Uthuan is a tertiary objective, behind expanding their borders, fighting Chaos and stealing the Sword of Khaine. By expanding and subjugating others they can use them as fodder against the forces of chaos, sacrifices to Khaine to empower the DElves or just labouring so the citizens can concentrate on martial pursuits. HElves are just misguided at best and heretic traitors at worst.

Their current aim is to conquer Lustria, while settling in the Cathay and Ind.

I thought about making the druchii less focusses on Ulthuan someway and more expansionist on Lustria while influencing Nippon, Ind and Cathay, but I like your ideas much more than whatever I had in mind.

>dark elfs
>expansionist on Lustria
That's it, I'm sinking your continent.
Warmblood fucking shits.
Fucking 4chanX ate my image

It was all predestined by the Old Ones. Accept it.

Keep everything with the druchii as they are now, only kill off Malekith and have them be all-in on expanding in Naggaroth, and make their 'thing' the deadly politics of the various great houses. Maybe open the thing up with a big dust-up between the Cult of Pleasure and Cult of Khaine.

for gondor!

sorry user I read the orange recap and my heart just couldn't read any more.

The main thing I don't like about that is that it becomes difficult to explain why the Druchii aren't a world power, with thousands of years to expand and conquer. Some fleshing out of back and forth, perhaps Cathay actually repelling Druchii invaders and invasions from the Chaos Wastes forcing returns to defend the heartland, being necessary.

But I would like to smooth out some of the more glaring problems with Bretonnia, add some little fluffy details straight out of romances or medieval history, institute some old lore ideas like the Daimoiselles du Grail and the very old idea of Brigands (more like Ronin, but a nice excuse for 'mercenaries). I also have some vague ideas for a Bretonnian colony in Lustria and the Southlands (both small, like Sudenburg).

>Asuryan
The Druchii believe that he is the father of Khaine and Kurnous with Morai-Heg. He died during the Chaos invasion, according to the Dark Elves. As Khaine was born first, they claim he is the new ruler of the gods. High Elves claim this is bullshit, while Wood Elves agree but believe Kurnous was made heir instead of Khaine.

>Khaine
Father god and king of the Cytharai. God of War, Rulership and Blood. Given more noble traits, blood is also that of family, loyalty and rights of lineage. His murders only being against the deserving (i.e. anyone who's not a Dark Elf). Those sacrificed to Khaine are enslaved by him in the afterlife.
>Ereth Khial
Mother god and wife of Khaine, Goddess of Death, Souls (even those of other races sacrificed to Khaine) and Status. She puts souls into the proper social place after death. Dark Elves get to spend eternity being waited on by those they killed.
>Anath Raema
Sister of Asuryan, Goddess of Hunting, Beasts and Slavery. Patron of slave raids and those that ride Cold Ones. Taught everything to Kurnous, but still backed Khaine. Her followers corrupt the World Roots to their own ends.
>Stormfels
Brother of Asuryan. God of the Ocean, Piracy and Sea Monsters.
>Morai-Heg
Mother of Khaine and Anath and wife of Asuryan. Goddess of Mothers, Prophecy and Dreams. Patron of the Hags and supposedly knows the fate of all things.
>Nethu
Son of Khaine and Ereth, God of Gates and Chains. Instead of a keeper of the gate of the underworld, he is the guard to make sure no enslaved soul escapes.
>Hekarti
Daughter of Khaine. Goddess of Magic and Ambition. Patron of Sorceresses and politicians. Has a long standing feud with Athari and constantly attempts to surpass Morai-Heg.
>Athari
Daughter of Khaine, twin of Hekarti. Goddess of Pleasure, Pain and Youth. Patron of hedonists, torturers and gladiators. Ignores Hekarti's feud and supposedly invented bathing in blood for youth.

>Ladrielle
Daughter of Anath and Stormfels. Goddess of Mists and Lies. Patron of Black Arks and diplomats. Invoked for illusions and the mists that hide Black Arks. Supposedly has her own grove at a World Root nexus.
>Ellinill
Son of Anath and Stormfels. God of Destruction and Rage. Patron of revolts and berserkers. While his sister gained all the cunning, Ellinill gained all the savagery, making him like a wild animal.
>Estreuth
Son of Athari and Vaul. God of Famine and Despair. Inheriting his father's hopelessness and mother's idleness, he believes the battle against Chaos is pointless.
>Addaioth
Son of Athari and Vaul. God of Fire and Madness. Inheriting his father's anguish and his mother's hedonism, he seeks to burn the whole world of order.
>Drakira
Daughter of Hekarti and Vaul. Goddess of Revenge and Punishment. Patron of the law and the betrayed. Represents the civil part of Druchii society, her law-keepers are considered outside of politics or family ties.
>Eldrazor
Son of Hekarti and Vaul. God of Honour and Duels. Patron of common soldiers and judicial champions. Head of Khaine's armies, while his sister defines the punishments, his champions see them out

Special Mentions:
>Hukon
Unknown patronage. God of Strife and Betrayal. Came to prominence after the Sundering, betrayed the other Cytharai to the Cadai by influencing Kurnous to claim the throne of the gods.
>Vaul
Brother of Morai-Heg, blind and crippled. God of Smiths and Forges. Fought Khaine and was his first slave, forced to create weapons for Khaine and his army.

Would belief in the Old Ones be considered heresy by the churches of Sigmar or Ulric?

>getting literally everything wrong
Dude she fucked in many ways and you managed to not get a single one accurate. She had nothing to do with Valaya, it was Nef that did that. She had nothing to do with Orion’s reincarnation being tied to the brets because that wasn’t even the case. And Nagash, if allowed to come back at full strength, would have challenged the chaos gods alone and would have gotten BTFO, making the whole thing pointless. The Skaven would have risen up anyways, and it was they who reached out to chaos, not the other way around. They only did it because they were badly mauled from their wars against everyone else and had no way to challenge Archaons forces and consolidate their gains with what they had left.

Well, no Old Worlder would likely know of, let alone want to worship, an Old One. But for those rare scholars or travelers that do, they can probably argue that they're just other names for traditional Old World gods. There's a bit in the RPG books somewhere where the elves are all 'the gods both are and are not old ones silly human' and it's confusing.

Anyone have old school paper high elf banners that I can print out? Thanks

I honestly don't know who to believe in this case. Why would he lie?

Yeah, I’d have Malekith be the first king of the Dark Elves, whose progeny form the Great Houses. None of them could position themselves to be the Witch King/Queen for certain when Malekith finally kicked the bucket (maybe killed by Grombrindal?) and they had no Eternal Flame to decide for them, so instead they try and politic their way into a stronger position. That’s why the Widowmaker is important, as it’d give legitimacy to whoever wielded it.

I think internal political struggles, the cold war with the High Elves and constantly fighting Chaos in the north, Lizards in the south and whoever else they want to enslave would be more than enough reason why they aren’t a super-power (though they’d definitely have actual enclaves and outposts in the Old World).

Not sure where Morathi would fit in. I wouldn’t mind her fading into obscurity as head of the Cult of Pleasure. Most modern Druchii think she is dead, but the head of the Cult is never seen in person. It couldn’t possible still be her...

How would you have them get the Sword of Khaine though? In the lore as it is, as far as I understand it, it's a big plot point that the High Elves continually keep Malekith from getting the Sword of Khaine, which is on an island in the center of their territory.

The Dark Elves still wouldn’t have it and the fact the High Elves have it is why there is no clear claim to the throne.

They don't have it. It's their Holy Grail.

Agreed. Also, have the druchii (slightly) more open to trade. Like, you'll find them at Sartosa or Araby's flesh markets, and their reavers can be paid off (in slaves or treasure).

I don’t know why he’d lie, he probably hasn’t even read end times and just got a bunch of second hand ideas about what really happened. But the only thing worse than lying is calling someone out to correct them and being wrong yourself, so I have less reason to lie. His post was 80% unfounded bullshit, I especially don’t know where the bit about Valaya came from

He just could be an anti-elffag that will make shit up regardless

I like the majority of these. Making the Dark Elves less concentrated on Ulthuan and allowing them to be their own individual entity is something I'd love to see. Ulthuan can still be an objective for them and the Asur can still be considered their most hated foes and rivals, but I too would like for them to branch out and interact with more of the world more often, as well as look inward at Naggaroth and themselves.

I like Malekith and would keep him as the cruel, ruthless tyrant of the Druchii, but I'd tear his gaze off of Ulthuan and reduce his obsession to merely a desire. One among many. The Dark Elves still raid and invade Ulthuan but they should have some goals in mind, or some target to kill/capture/destroy/whatever. The idea of them stealing the Sword of Khaine is a nice example.

I've always liked Naggaroth as the land of the Dark Elves. It's cold, merciless and inhospitable like the Elves that make it their home. Any Dark Elf alive knows no other home but the chill land of Naggaroth, so many of them are only so hateful of the Asur as a tradition. Even Malekith has lived far, far longer in Naggaroth than he ever did in Ulthuan. Give the Dark Elves a sense of respect for their adoptive home.

I like the pantheon. Khaine should be chief among the gods but others should have their own places of worship and should be somewhat prevalent in their society. I dislike the Cult of Pleasure but I'd keep it around as a small and secretive society that wages a silent war with the Cult of Khaine.

Sartosans are Tileans and wouldn't allow Dark Elves in Sartosa, Tileans hate Dark Elves with passion.

Gold is gold, and Sartosans are only *technically* Tilean.

I agree that Sartosans probably wouldn't want Dark Elves around. They'd be more likely to show up in Mousilion, or some shady ports in other parts of the Old World where slave dealings can more easily go unnoticed. Saratosa is big, heavily guarded, and heavily watched.

>Settra
>singlehandedly revolutionized his nations culture
>sacrificed his children to the gods to save Nehekara
>conquered all of Nehekara and vast areas of land beyond that
>raided lustria and he dwarfs and was feared halfway around the world, back before the war of the beard when both elves and Dwarfs were dominant
>y’all dark and handsome, probably had a massive BBC and a vast Harem
>rules for centuries before dying of old age
>scared the mortuary cult shitless so they continued to find a way to bring him back thousands of years after he perished
>when he finally came back, beat the shit out of all the lesser tomb kings who challenged him and destroyed their shit
>reunified Nehekara
>chased away that faggot Nagash not once, but twice
>marched right into the chaos wastes and Rekt the chaos mortals harder than anyone before or since
>continued to Rule Nehekara for thousands of years, fighting off every challenge to his throne and external threat up until Nagash usurped the literal god of death
>DOES NOT SERVE or bow to anyone
>sigmar
>United a bunch of shitty barbarian tribes in the beastmen infested woods
>conquered a tiny ass portion of land and called it the empire
>needed the dwarfs help to beat the orcs
>only fought off a chaos invasion because the gods got bored
>small whiteboi cock, needs to carry around massive hammer to compensate
>had no wife, kneels to a queen and gets pegged by her to secure an alliance, was probably gay
>left after only 50 years of ruling
>empire immediately becomes corrupt, then falls apart centuries later
>spends most of its time as warring states
>fails to have much influence outside of its borders despite being called most powerful nation of man

Reminder that Settra>>>>>>>>>Sigmar and it’s not even close

>The Elf gods by contrast were partially the survivors of the destruction of the previous world cycle

Get this 8th ed shit outta here. Age of Sigmar is two blocks down.

what if sigmar didn’t just fuck off and leave, but instead ruled his empire as god king like Settra and the Dragon Emperor of Cathay do?

We aren't actually sure about Cathay and its ruler. At one point there was apparently a Monkey King.

Basically all the lore on Cathay is so mis-matched across several editions, I wouldn't trust most assertions about it beyond 'we don't know shit.'

Oh fuck. Are these threads going to be filled with Settra fanboys until CA feeds them their racepack?!

I WANT VAMPIRE COAST!

Tomb Kings fucking WHEN?! I want to fuck shit up with armies of statues and Settra the based

It's next month you mongoloid

>Warhammer Fantasy video gameRPG in the works
>WHFRP-inspired game touted as Skyrim-killer

So CA promised the rooster is going to be mostly full this time. Their going to cut at least one awesome unit. I bet it's going to be these dudes.

No way, they're flashy - perfect for the kind of spectacle CA likes to have with at least one big cool unit.

It's going to be something definitively less popular and cool to look at.

So who do think will be the other LL for TK? Arkhan, or Khalida? Arkhan could fulfill the caster lord to Settra's melee

Lads... you let the previous thread die...

Nah, it’s gonna be the heirotitans which have never had art or models, and probably the sepulchral stalkers

I made the new thread because apparently the WFRP links were dead, and I had already redone all of the pastebins anyway.

Okay, so we know that the TK are coming. Do you think they'll still make use of the stand-in factions, either as enemies for the Tomb Kings to crush, or as a wandering army or emergent faction to deal with under the right conditions?

Khalida would be more fluffy since Arkhan is barely a tomb king, but it’s probably gonna be Arkhan sorcerer to Settras melee

What is the coolest starting career and why is it Road Warden?

I could see Khalida as FLC (I hope)

CA confirmed there's going to be four LL at launch this time. There's room for Settra, Khadlia and Arkham.

Why get rid of the sick looking stalkers when they can get rid of carrion? It's the obvious option.

Wonder who the last would be.
Probably Apophas, as he can take the monster specialty and looks cooler than Ramhotep.

I dig it.

How the fuck would they animate him though?

They aren’t going to get rid of the tomb kings only flyers, and those are literally just reskins of Terradons or giant bats

I hope it’s Ramhotep the based, I want to take an army of all statues and fuck up those faggot imperials who dared soil the sands with their lowborn filth

So what happens if a Tomb King and a Dwarf lord get into a feud over something?

>You took my gold reeeeeeee
>You're dead, so its mine reeeeeee
>REEEEEEEEEE
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tomb Kings are seriously tied with Dwarf's for the biggest retards in the setting.

Roadwardens are the best. They're the Texas Rangers of Warhammer.
You've got built-in motivations - why are you solving mysteries and hunting down outlaws and mutants all by yourself? Because it's your job.
And unlike a Watchman, you aren't tied to a single place. There's no chain of command holding you down, you're judge, jury and executioner. And there's no backup - it's just you, your horse, the open road and the deep, dark forest.

That’s actually exactly what happens

Missed the thread shill;?

It's a legitimate lore question

>grim world
>female inquisitors
lel yea ok

>Inquisitor
At least get the bait right.

I like that, since it really does make the world seem mysterious.

If they don't change the vessels of chaos to Nagash or something like that, I'm going to be upsetti.

Who else Solkan here?

CARNAC I SWEAR TO FUCKING SIGMAR

Fucking exceptional