/cyoag/ - CYOA General - Ceci n'est pas une cyoa

Previous: Resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

"Ceci n'est pas une cyoa" Edition

Thread Question; What is the most overdone and tired cliche of cyoas?
Immortality, little girl, omnipotence, etc.
Furthermore, how do you respond to such cliches?
Acceptance, annoyance, critique on how to better handle said cliche? Shitposting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2UPUhn9hpTU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is not a cyoa you say?
Alrighty then.

I want to lick Tok's feet.

>choose fruity drink
>acquire omnipotence

>Furthermore, how do you respond to such cliches?
play them straight- i.e without the conveniences that make them boring

immortality: you dont die, nothing more or less- you will never die, but nothing else- so no immunity to pain or age or disease or ability to leave before the heat death of the universe

be the little girl: its own downside

waifu: no magical attraction, you have to put in efrort

>or age or disease
But then you'd die from old age or disease.

no, you dont die- thats the power, whatever it is you will survive

So you make bad CYOAs.

Eat my ass

Yeah, that's the stupid awful version of immortality; you don't die, including from age or disease, but you're not immune to those things, so you eventually become an ancient maddened swollen ball of cancer that consumes the universe.

so eventually you're just a pile of living dust?

no, youre a living tumor floating alone through space

"You" would just eventually die once your tissue gets degraded too much to think.

>Long Journey
>can only stay three days
So that's why.

Instead of what you want, to be a NEET forever.

>CYOA has a stupidly expensive complete immortality option
>You just wanted the ''not get old'' part
>There is not one

>CYOA has a extreme regeneration option
>It doesn't protect from old age for arbitrary reasons

>There is a be the little girl option
>You will age out of it anyways

Pile of shit.

>>There is a be the little girl option
>>You will age out of it anyways
that makes it the perfect option desu

What is the point of be the little girl option if you want to just be the girl though

often that option isn't available but little girl shitttery is

But then you wouldn't be immortal.

Are you telling me that the option to switch gender is less common that the be the little girl option?

Can somebody make this a CYOA? One in which you get to choose which genres of CYOA and Authors are permanently banished. As well you get to decree what new works shall be crafted, and enslave Authors to work on them for you. To balance we can have the options either generate or remove Sages, if these Sages accumulate and exceed a certain threshold there is an Exodus and randomly chosen Authors flee to Discord and Reddit, if the value grows still and surpasses an even higher threshold then the Uprising takes place and you are overthrown. How about we call it "user who would be King"?

>if someone's in a coma they are dead

Might as well be if you never WAKE UP

>CYOA doesn't give perfect immortality for you and a perfect girlfriend for free
>user will scream for the rest of the thread and any time it gets posted

We're moving towards considering death to be the point of brain death/death of consciousness instead of basing it on heart beat.

>Anons like things
>Other user will always get triggered and shitpost greentext about it so they can feel superior

That is the worst one.

How does one even define consciousness.

Will we ever actually make AI that is conscious in the far future
And if we did how would we even know

>>How does one even define consciousness.
Medically they mean responsiveness to stimuli.

$10 billion is a lot of money. Like, mess with the world money. But the curse it comes with is far too grim -- I am no Alberich to forever renounce love in the name of riches. So I guess I take the top-tier Waifu.

Do people in comas get boners?

It varies.

Consciousness isn't needed for life.

Our brains would function anyway

Is that a yes?

That's a "it varies." In this case we're talking about vegetative comas, where they generally don't.

So some people in comas are conscious?

A fate worse than death.

In the sense that they are not brain dead and their bodies are responsive to stimuli, yes. We're getting better at detecting this which is why our medical definition of death is changing.

Must be boring as fuck.

They’re experiencing cyoas. Go, join them

No way, fag. I am also experiencing CYOAs.

The left path leads to Raccoon City.

>hinamizawa
what?

Brachiate through the trees.

>not just going forward
Fuck signs.

Tame the dinosaur and ride it into off into the sunset. Picking up a QT3.14 waifu on the way and also spontaneously developing immortality.

I choose to get on the floor

>Silent Hill is bad
>Racoon City is worse
>Hinamizawa is unknown (to me) but apparently I just came from there

Without time to research thanks to the dino crossing, I turn right. I think I can face my inner demons better than I can face endless ranks of the walking dead.

Like Silent Hill, except it's your fears and not your guilt that haunts you. You're also "safe" until you try to leave, which makes all those fears then try to murder the shit out of you.

I'll take guilt over fears. Fuck you nightmare from when I was 7 years old.

>some scarny girls with makeshift weapons
and this compares to giant zombie monsters and piramidhead how?

>Fuck you nightmare from when I was 7 years old.
Oh? What was it?

Doesn't Silent Hill only appear for people who have a fuckton of trauma already? The average Joe being offered a choice to go there probably only has to deal with waiters who he accidentally replied "You too" to

You'd be surprised at what a little crazy girl with a cleaver can do.

I don't know about that user, but one "nightmare" as a kid has always stuck with me.
I was like 5 or 6 and the dream was a very foggy McDonalds outdoor play area thing. All of a sudden these shadow people came running up to me on all fours and grabbed my balls, crushing them into paste.
My vision went red and the pain was immense. Then cue about 5 hours of me running away from said shadow people trying not to repeat the experience. I failed miserably at ever new location.

What the fuck is this from

>grabbed my balls, crushing them into paste.
I see, I see.

Your dreams tonight.
youtube.com/watch?v=2UPUhn9hpTU

Yes, actually. Apparently, something like 1 in 5 people who are in a "persistent vegetative state", with no ability to move any part of their body, have been demonstrated to be conscious of their surroundings; when hooked up to a brain scanner and told to imagine different scenarios for "yes" and "no" (walking through your house vs playing tennis, IIRC), they are able to respond appropriately to spoken questions.

So they're basically just trapped in a body that doesn't work, and it takes really expensive equipment to let them communicate in the simplest way.

*pssh* Nothing personal little girl.

Ill pick Silent Hill, always wanted to fuck those nurses.

Given what you posted I can't compare.

They'd kill you before you got the chance tho

Sigmund, I think Tok night need your services a little more than the other patient of yours.

They must be completely insane.

*might

What psychosexuality lies behind such rampant faggotry?

Oh, they'd kill my dick, alright. If you know what I mean.

can someone repost that post apoc OC

>.45
She could outrun the bullet.

>So they're basically just trapped in a body that doesn't work, and it takes really expensive equipment to let them communicate in the simplest way.
The light at the end of the tunnel is that now that we know this, we are one step closer to getting these people robotic bodies to return to the land of the living.

We're still atleast 50 years away from actually being able to transfer a brain like that, though.

Remote Control/MMI sooner, though.

>guys with guns against horror monsters
They were idiots.

Guns work, they just forgot to load silver ammunition.

Well...

MORE

You can't handle it, little boy.

Hey user it's free

Just because you think therefore you are doesn't mean you have any method or awareness to articulate that to anyone.

Oh boy.

I'm 90% sure that my entire reality is a self-induced hallucination to maintain my sanity and everyone is just a voice in my head.
Hello voices, how are you today?

scratch that, I want my ass eaten

I'm fine user how about you.

Fuck off

Well, at least it's Friday and I only have one more week of classes before my winter break.
I look forward to sleeping and shitposting for a solid 2 months.

You know, that depiction of Pyramid Head could actually work fairly well for the psychological aspects of the series.

Ok cut the crap and off yourself already

That is really fucking rude go kill yourself

But the point of Pyramidhead was for him to represent all the masculinity? Which is why the nurses were hot sluts, because he hadn't blown his load since his wife died? Pyramidhead having tits doesn't make sense.

Pyramidhead is lesbian, down with the patriarchy!

Are you talking to yourself or something?

You forgot to water the plants. Again.

>mfw reality is a hallucination
>mfw the people you hallucinate insist you're the hallucination
>mfw no face because forgot to hallucinate one