WIP - Work in Progress

Gaudete, gaudete! Imperator est natus, Ex Sanctus virgine: Gaudete!

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Figure painter magazine issues 1-36
mega.nz/#F!0AIGDAxL!xOT6MK3oiGpBB1pQaNy5lg

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>DIY Spraybooth
starshipmodeler.com/tech/pa_booth.htm

>DIY Wet Palette
youtube.com/watch?v=96mjmqWTPfM

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

realityinscale.com/epages/61537336.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61537336/Products/DET03
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yo Santanon I replied to you in regards to the missing name issue (Ohio)
pleasee respond when you see it so I can stop worrying

Oklahoma City user, your gift has been delivered via fedex.

How does instant autumn in a pot sound?
realityinscale.com/epages/61537336.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61537336/Products/DET03

Is the hype for wet palettes justified or is it just a meme?

They're pretty good. Easy enough to set one up that I'd recommend at least trying it, although they do take a little getting used to.

Justified. Keeps your paint wet for a longer time, so you don't have to rush your painting, and can also help with thinning. Bakingpaper and papertowels are the only thing you need (And something to put them into, of course). Since the bakingpaper lets some water flow through, you can just swirl your paint around a bit and it will be thinned. Just don't overdo it, same goes for the water you put onto the papertowel. Keep it just damp, maybe slightly more wet.

Is this too little for ss?
20 clanrats
1 skaven boss dude
I metal tzeentch birdman sorcerer thing
1 metal corpse terrain thing
At least 200+ bits from space marines to skeletons to orks
An art card
Some Canadian candy and a loonie

>watch all these SS boxes loaded with goodies
>feel inadequate with the little you could give
>scared of getting way more than what you gave

howdy yall,

heres my finished project.

i think that is great. i would be very happy with that.

what is a loonie?

I'd say that's more then enough.

This was supposed to become a sorcerer in termi armour but I kinda missed some mold lines and other shit on the flames so I quickly finished him and demoted him to aspiring sorcerer for a second squad scarab occults.

wet palette is a godsend if you like blending or quickly switching between colours while working on a model

user, that is more than plenty.

That's well over $10-15, so if anything the opposite (but I wouldn't worry about that too much)

Think it's actually up I guess product wasn't posted. Sorry about that.

zazzle

/wip_mug_for_holidays-168941824338202449

Canadian $1 coin, affectionately known as a Loonie, the Toonie is the $2 coin if I recall correctly.

Remember the guidelines: 10-15$ worth of stuff. If people want to put more into packages thats up to them.

sounds cozy as fuck! I sort of wish I had some for my knights..

secon photo

Very lo res images...what are you taking these pics with?

Checking mails right now!

Thanks KS user this is all definitely going to be going into my next Pathfinder campaign I greatly appreciate it Merry Xmas!

do i spot a fucking beholder in there?

I don't really care about the dollar value of what I get as long as it's something fun. I just want to make another user happy for Christmas and I would be shocked if I got back anywhere close to what I spent (over $100 this year). I'm finally in a position in life where I have a fair amount of disposable income so I don't mind doing something nice for somebody who may have helped me with my minis or shared their nice minis with us. I remember when I had to go months in between buying something to paint so if I can give somebody who has trouble affording this hobby a few nice things they would never have otherwise that makes it worthwhile.

Yo, can you resend the email? not quite sure if I got it or not.

noooooooice

Oh hey you're the guy with the autistic line highlights. Love your stuff dude.

As long as its 10-15$ minimum and with a little heart that's fine.

I only saw one gift last year that made me mad, angry at the sender and sorry for the receiver.

You're welcome! Merry Christmas and share the final results with all of us. Also post how you like that wheat basing material. I had never seen that brand before and it looked like pretty high quality stuff.

Yes you do. My store just stocked up a bunch of D&D figures when I was doing my Santa shopping so that was a nice surprise. I bought a Beholder for myself too.

and it was?

Finally finished my Sepulchral Guard. Now all I have left to paint is Garreks Reavers.

When do Skaven and Fyreslayers come out for Shadespire?

my pops old digital camera.

My beautiful santa hat painting got fucking covered by customs stickers
Feels bad man

Anyways I sent your box japanon, should be in by Christmas, said 3 weeks air mail!

Oh here's something funny about Canadian mail
Without tracking was 20 bucks shipping
With was 72
Fuck this country

That's a great find, user! I've wanted to find some realistic ground litter for awhile and that's just the sort of thing I was looking for.

2 snap fit marines (from 20+ years ago) and a single Hormagaunt

MinnesotAnon I'm shipping your package off tomorrow! I've never sent a package before so I'm hoping very much it makes it to you in one piece!

So basically the content of the Macragge box?

Thoughts?
Is the rust to much?

yes, but literally 3 fucking models, with a value of about $0.57

>be me, poorfag
>take a box that's bigger than the average bay area apartment
>wonder why shipping to the other side of the globe is expensive

you beautiful madman, why didnt you just take a smaller box?

Are you the madman with 2lbs of jellybeans

Reality in Scale has that stuff for a variety of environments, it's pretty great stuff, though not the cheapest.

I'll send a better pic when I get back to the house
I have ideas brewing one including hairs on a model I will share that I started last night :P but I'll looks great quality and it's a German product so that says something.

M K from Burger
I'll be shipping your present this monday. Hopefully it'll arrive during the week, as it won't have to travel that far.

Yeah, i had to remove them.
Im gonna give them to family as gifts I guess
I have never shipped a box before in my life, i had no idea it was so expensive.
Still, im glad I spent 20 on shipping instead of 70. I dont want to spend more on shipping than the contents inside

how much was delivery cost for the beholder on its own?
magicmadhouse doesn't add delivery prices to items

sent

DIY wet palettes can keep paint wet for days (but will mold)
I prefer the p3 one though, keeps it wet for weeks

Be hold the beholder! I love this guy

And my nurgle helldrake. I have no idea what I'm gonna do for wings thou and ideas?

>56834848

please respond.

I know SS is a hot topic now but I need your help /wip!

I listened to one advice found here and put steel balls into my paint pots to act as actuators while shaking and after a week or so I found pic related marks on majority of the bottles.
I made a test on small batch of paint as taking out the balls without spilling most of the paint seem impossible.
Result after 3 or so weeks on the bottom of the pic .The ball has grown around with a clay-like goo.
It has a rusty color, and the balls are not stainless steel but it can't be just that. I had a 20 year old ford fiesta so I know how much rust can grow in a month.

What the hell guys? Any ideas? Did I just fucked up my entire set of paints? (I did put the balls into every pot...) Kill me.

I received it so idk lol

This is why I was afraid of doing it myself. I guess glass balls/beads solve this kind of problem.

I'm using Silica/Borate glass chromatography beads (ancient tech these days), they're small, but quite heavy, so they work relatively well as agitators.

>Thin you paints
>you

You had one job

Did you use regular steel balls or stainless ones? That might be the problem here.

that's rust user, yes it forms that fast. get them out of your paint pots before you ruin them all! just use glass beads

Steel and water are the original weathering formula after all.

I said they are not stainless.

What do you think guys, should I try to take them out with pincers or is it lost cause now as stain will stya on the bottles anyway?

I think u hit that sweet point

the rust is too much - its a nice effect but you've gone overboard

You got scammed, if you purchased them from a location you can leave a review make sure and do so and note they are not stainless. Warn others away from the shitty product/manufacture.

Godammit

D.M.C. from Tampa, your package is in the hands of UPS, they estimate delivery on Weds. the 13th. Sorry about the tape job, I was a little over-zealous.

Is to much on the gun, most of it hit the sweet spot.

Feel Better?

Thanks I dont feel like i messed up my entire life anymore

Fuck Dude, that's definitely not stainless steel you got there, so definitely rust. Try to salvage as much paint as you can and use that opportunity to transfer your paint to dropper bottles.
And also leave a shitty review if you can, especially if those were advertised as paint agitators.

>I did put the balls into every pot.
But why?
Why didnt you put them in a few test bottles.

If you are trying somethnig new never do it in batch ! I am using glass beads and my paints are the same after years.

Nah you found this on ebay.

t. guy who also saw this on ebay and promptly vomited.

I AM THAT SELLER YOU YUROPOO FAGEET

Make it like a greater blight drone and get big ass propellers. Keeps it all in theme.

So upon further inspection of my Santa's gift, I think Veeky Forums may have become sentient and I am afraid.

So he sent me a Blood Angels Tactical Squad, (the 2006 models) as well as a bunch of bits for genestealer cults.

>And a bag of rock salt (possibly just white rocks)

That face sucks dude. Land raider is worth 0, not 250. Take off the face and it might be worth 50

Vermont user your gift is very much appreciated
(not pictured magnets)
I've never assembled, let alone magnetized, a venerable dread before. So I guess I got my new years project decided

>So he sent me a Blood Angels Tactical Squad, (the 2006 models)
>Then I notice there are no torsos, or legs in the box.

Hmmm... I've been stealing bitz from my Blood Angels Tactical Squad, upgrade sprues, and Death Company to put on my Primaris Marines, so maybe that was he was thinking ... but I don't see any Primaris Marines in that picture.

practiced airbrushing on some lizard dudes (friend of mine did not mind getting them painted)

>TFW you haven't gotten anything from your SS yet and nobody has posting anything.
>TFW you also worry about everything.
>Worry intensifies

Love the cosmic nebula one in the foreground.

also dakkajet (for another friend of mine)

Salt Weathered (I hope...), or are you making a reef model...

Hmmm l that's what I was thinking but I'm drawing a blank on what I should use to make the propellers do you have any ideas?

Same here user. I’ve got my gifts all lined up for secret santa but haven’t heard anything yet.

yup, salt, but it gave me an idea for jungle/underwater diorama

glad you like it user!

Also, I made something for myself (also with salt)

I didn't send you a match? Send me an email and I'll recheck

Is this the same user that referred to our great state.
>Home of the BlizzQuakeNado<
as an ashtray?

Wait I sent my info to [email protected]

Did I fuck up?

Isn't that for wave 2? Those haven't gone out yet I think

also any tips on how to use all these bits, or remove pieces from glued Primaris Marines?

Yeah, that's not the email used this time
Wave 2 uses the same email as wave 1, the one on the picture above

Is it the same Santa?

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Don't worry you can still participate in wave 2 brother! Just send me an email today, I'll do the matching tomorrow

Is wave 2 only for people who didn't get in wave1 or can we go again? I love sending presents.