Draft night tonight, who’s looking forward to it?

Draft night tonight, who’s looking forward to it?

As for me, I need some help thinkin of some backhanded compliments for this guy. Any help?

Don't be a dick.

only relevant thread for this
(twitch url )/videos/207812462?t=01h02m15s
judge punted right?

"Your neckbeard is looking better than usual tonight."

Your exceptional X is only exceeded by your prodigious Y.

I don't know if this has been answered, but was Spike, Tournament Grinder actually based on someone? The others were, weren't they?

Super excited to draft unsleeved tonight!

I drafted this beautiful piece of shit and had a blast. Went 1-2.

One game I win by casting animate library then on the next third I cranked goblin slingshot and swung with a 28/26 trample.

Another game I managed to unleash a Half-Kitten Half-Kitten, a Serpentine Kitten, and a Half-Squirrel Half-Man.

I also Five Finger Disciounted someone’s Triple Strike Goblin then gave it Trample.

Overall, 5/7. Would draft again.

How did everyone else do tonight? I want to hear your stories.

I drafted a pretty cohesive SNEAK deck and never saw my best cards in my hand. Actually, as a whole, my group didn't have anything too zany. The most un-thing to happen was probably just the card-throwing one (can't even remember what it was called). Other than that, it was largely just contraptions and creature augments.

I kinda missed the draft. This made me cry a little, and I went back home and opened some cards. Fun stuff like Urza, Animate library, or the DIY Seraph in particular, which made me wonder so many things...

Like. If the Seraph gets a contraption text, that doesn't do much as it can't crank right? Also, if it gets the Sword of D&D text, can you equip the Seraph? And if so does it trigger when the equipped creature attacks? If you give it an artefact host's text, can you augment the seraph? If you give it two different artefact hosts, can you augment it twice? Also let's say a card's text mentions its name... For instance, let's say you get Steel Squirrel it says "Whenever you roll a 5 or more on a die, Steel Squirrel gets +X/+X, where X is the result. 6: Roll a die". You definitely get the ability to roll a die, but, do you get the power bonus, since the text of that artefact mentions Steel Squirrel, rather than DIY Seraph?

Oh, and unrelated, but I'm so glad the most underwhelming-looking cards like novel elemental, amateur auteur and very cryptic command had actually alternate version that weren't revealed at first. Makes the whole set a bit better, and more on the other Un-sets level.

Made a Green / White deck, focused on rolling die to beef dudes up and win by having rolling so many die. Played against my father and lost due to getting manaflooded right at the end, was a good game. Other two folks I played against both droped out, so I got to watch people play. X and Calcutron is a scary combination. I gave some dude a copy of Spike I got because he seemed genuinely bummed he didn't get her - something something Christmas spirit.

Caved and got a box, immensely sad I didn't pull Urza. Still got some fun pulls, especially since the pops and I are gonna' have a blast tomorrow. Lucky enough to get to play with my best friend. Feels good, man.

You wouldn't be able to equip Seraph, but she'd gain the ability for a disambiguated Sword of D&D to equip. Love that card all the same.

Also shit was so frustrating my dude. Draft was scheduled to start at 5:00PM, but they decided to start 15 minutes early. We had to wait 40 minutes in hopes enough stragglers would show up too run a second draft. I would have been so blowed.

I definitely wrecked with augments and got wrecked by contraptions. My first match was a loss where the guy had like 9+ contraptions by the end of both games.

Also, I saw an Ol’ Buzzbark get played for X=6 and all the dice bounced off the playmates into the floor. I probably won’t pick him if I see him (I passed him tonight because it wasn’t in my colors).

Oh that's perfect.

>Hey dude, you're kind of a stick in the mud, but you're not as bad as the guy who based his morality around "don't be a dick." Good job, friend.

YOU ALREADY DID WHAT HE SUGGESTED YOU DON'T DO, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?

It got fucking snowed out because somebody in my town apparently pissed off the local weather wizard.

That’s better if you don’t compliment

You hate dicks don't you? I bet you must secretly want to fuck them then.

I prefer them spotted, govnah.

Not surprised. Where do you live?

OP here

Been having a decent time, even if I’m 1-1 rn. Spy Eye has proven its value (Stole an Armchair, then killed a creature with it when I set my entire hand on the battlefield and left it there for a while.), though its design is weird. Must have taken a larger influence of the updog that has already affected this plane.

Contraptions are a little overpowered though, though to be fair it’s an unset.

Contraptions can be absolutely OP if you get the right ones in the right situations. That’s why artifact removal is important. I actually first picked a First Pick when drafting.

Anyway, post Contraption decks here. Goblin Slingshot is a winner.

Got back from mine, drafted an order of the widget/SNEAK contraption focused deck. Sincerely the most fun I have ever had playing magic.

I dont know if anyone else has seen it yet, but urza's -1 can be "destroy target permanent" and its probably the best shit ive even seen.

the secret tech for him is soft foam one inch dice. cant bounce far like plastic on rubber mats.

West Georgia. Fucking sucks, but at least they'll be having one next week.

Bad weather here so the shop closed early. They only ran one Sealed event. Will have to wait until next week to get to draft.

Cramped Bunker is fucking awful.

This marvelous pile got me to 2-1. I first picked modular monstrosity, first time I played it I just needed a beater to finish the game so I gave it renown 6, second time I was way behind so i had to give it anihhilator 6, indestructible and banding as a throwaway, then the third time I gave it provoke and last strike, which turns out was a bad idea.

Hangman was crazy strong, starship and rhythm were my two words. My contrapions were hella good too. capital offense was solid removal, but i found myself on the wrong end of a knight of the kitchen sink with pro odd collector numbers and it was basically the only thing it couldnt kill.

Oh yeah. You guys shut down at the barest amount of snow.

No drafts at any of the LGSes around here. A lot of the Magic community here is responding poorly to Unstable, because it's not Standard or Modern playable, it's about having fun, and you don't need to spend hundreds of dollars to enjoy it.

Went 1-2 through technicality, my last opponent had to leave (I reported the game and gave him my rare from the prizepack since I felt I would've lost round 2 if we'd had time).

Too many good mechanics that my drafting was all over the place. only really got my contraptions going in the first game, but then got my face stomped in by a multi-headed kangaroo.

Best pulls of the night where "As Luck Would Have It", "Hangman" and "Split Screen".

Split screen is so good. My play of the night way using more or less to increase the number of decks split into to 6 (I played two more or lesses)

>Be the only one drafting red
>Out of 24 boosters I get over 50% of the good red cards, that means deck is fucking insane
>All of the good red riggers, red removal, red big guys are mine
>Still make an aggressive midrange curve
>Assemble a Rakdos deck, all my black cards are discard stuff like Half Dirty rat (Half Ogre-Half Dirty Rat is fucking brutal turn 3), the B discard spell, and aggro stuff like menance shit.
>Fucking destroy everyone, 2-0 every match, all over in like 7 turns
>Win 1st place of the draft, end up getting all of the full art land with the unstable packs that were the prize
Feels fucking supreme man. Half-Pangolin mvp.
9/10 experience, could have been better with a foil land in the prize packs

Half-Orc Half Rat I meant. Nothing better than the Liliana experience in a fucking draft

It sucks. Compared to the old un sets this was a dull affair. The designers couldn't even make a "Lol RANDUMB" set fun for a few hours.

I went 2-1 with a white green deck that was really dice oriented. I'm really happy with it though, since I went without knowing that it was unstable, and I didn't know the contraption or the augment mechanics going in.
Got shit like Do-It-Yourself-Seraph, As Luck Would Have It, and Knight of the Kitchen Sink. I also got Spike but I didn't bring any banned cards.

So how does drafting with contraptions work? Do you just add more lands to your deck?

That's hilarious, good job man.

You draft them as normal cards, but they go into an extra deck.

2-1 with mono red. the secret tech with It That Gets Left Hanging is to blow you nose into your hand or at least pretend to, and pick your hygienic target wisely. i licked my hand and someone did go for it, so i had to step up my game to (pretend)snot, and accidentally got some on my hand. the other time i just said i didnt wash my hands despite doing so.

mono red is a drug and i need more. target Minotaur is good shit.

I witnessed a game with some pretty fucked up RNG for both sides:
Player 1 casts Summon the Pack, gets a Iconic Masters booster and gets an Abyssal Persecutor
Player 2 manages to cast Urza and ults it after a couple of turns, he gets to make as much 2/2 tokens as his life total, to bad he's at -3

FUCKING HELL

>I actually First Picked a First Pick when drafting.
My nigga, i made the same with my first pack since i had shitty contraptions and a shitty rare

What the fuck is WOTC doing? Unstable booster prices are the same as legally playable boosters?
What the hell... are they stupid or what?

What's wrong with it? You get a full art lands that alone can easily cover the price of the booster and a foil full art token plus some janky fun cards. Also you can hit a good jackpot and get the money you spent on one box back with a single alternate version foil of most rares or foil full art land.

in 1 or 2 months no one is going to care about Unstable so you get no value in what you're buying. Also, paying the same price for cards that you won't be able to play in any legal format. So the price of playing magic "just for fun" should be lowered. the last UN set used to cost half of the price of a normal booster.

>You get a full art lands that alone can easily cover the price of the booster
holy fuck the delusion

Had a blast last night looking, but at least islands seemed to like me enough.and my Google powers are shit, can anyone find the source image for this token back, would like to make custom sleeves out of it for fnm

I get the fun I had out of drafting the set. And of course it costs similar amounts, its not like dev time and printing costs don't exist just because its playable in sanctioned. also holding out hope for a small local un-constructed scene.

I kinda like the idea of Un-commander being it's own new format. Maybe an Uncube could be doable.

Either wait for the prices to drop over time or get a job, hippy.

That’s better then not getting your preorder boxes to draft with friends who traveled because half the state is on fire. Womp womp

Drafted this sucker and build a BRW die roll deck and won 4-0.

Managed to put together a jund contraptions & dice deck, and it worked amazingly well when the manabase cooperated. Went 3-0. Work a double into steamflogger of the month usually ended up with me having all my contraptions out on the field and that's pretty backbreaking most of the time. Hangman was an absolute all-star, most games I landed him in, he got to 6/6 or larger before he died.

No, I'm pretty sure unhinged was $4 a pop too

>in 1 or 2 months no one is going to care about Unstable

Which is why Rivals of Ixalan releases in exactly one month.

>unstable draft weekend
>none of my friends want to play

What's the point of playing? I don't even know anyone at this store.

Went 3-0 with a R/G Dice-rolling deck. I named it "I am very skilled" though in retrospect, naming it "Hearthstone" would have been better.

While I had big dudes like infinity elemental and, at some point, a 17/17 multi-headed kangaroo, these didn't have that much impact (never cast the elemental before victory, even less got him along with dogsnail engine. As for the multi-headed kangaroo, he sat on a perfectly normal chair) MVP was actually the other guy's creatures, because of Hammer Helper.

As it turns out, Act of Treason with a dice roll pump (helped by Krark's other thumb) is pretty good on the Earl of Squirrels.

I would be the first to welcome many of the Un-Cards to EDH, starting with making Baron Von Count who should have been a vampire instead of human, way to miss an easy joke there Wizards a Commander.

Huge turnout for the FNM Unstable Draft at my small town LGS. We stayed after for a casual draft.

We all had a great time. Going back tonight for more.

Is there similar black border card as Split Screen?

I played this as often as possible.

Be a dick OP