LFGS Horror Stories

>inb4 claiming this thread is full of things that didn't happen and totally missing the point of these threads

I'll start.

>Local sperg, leather trenchcoat.
>Always telling people they're doing things wrong.
>Always telling people what they would have done instead.
>Always telling people what they should be changing.
>When people are waiting outside for store to open, he will barge ahead of them.
>Not before the door opens, but as soon as the door opens he'll loudly grunt "EXCUSE ME" and push people aside.
>Staff are sick of dealing with him.
>Playing a game and he comes over, tells me my Crimson Fists are painted wrong.
>Tell him once again it's my army, I can paint it however I want.
>Refuses to leave, spends the next 20 minutes trying to give us advice.
>Most of his advice is "you wouldn't be having this problem if you had taken this army instead".
>Go to store next door for a drink.
>Come back and see my CM is missing from the table.
>Tell a staff member.
>Tell him I suspect spergboi.
>We both look over at the painting table and his tubby ass is hunched over as if he's hiding something.
>Staff member tells him to turn around.
>Pretends not to hear us.
>Staff member walks over and physically pulls him back.
>My CM now has half a shitty blue paintjob.
>Sperg gets banned from store.
>Manager gets a call, comes in on his day off and helps me repaint it, very graciously.

Any other horror stories?

>go into store
>ask for tentacle pink
>staff member pushes his glasses back up his nose
>runs his fingers through foot long greasy black hair
>SNRRRRK
>we don't sell tentacle pink anymore
>oh sorry, what's it called now?
>we don't sell any paint that's the same colour tentacle pink was, ACTUALLY
>oh, okay... that's kind of annoying, I've been using that for my army for years.
>WELL GW HAS BEEN DEVELOPING THESE NEW PAINTS FOR YEARS, ACTUALLY, AND ACTUALLY THEY'RE WAY BETTER NOW ACTUALLY
>that basically continued until I left

and people wonder why GW is dying

Once I saw this dude in the gamestore that his crimson fists were painted all wrong. He didn't take it well.

okay you got me

Hasn't tentacle pink not been a color in like... 8 years?

I mean, I have no doubt that the GW shithead acted like this. But I'm wondering when this happened.

>all metal army
>new staff member
>joined in the midst of the finecast debacle
>he's been working for two days
>some kid picks up my metal dreadnought
>drops it
>it breaks apart, as metal models do
>new staff member comes over and yells at the kid
>tell him it's fine, it happens, and metal models are easy to put back together
>he looks at me wierdly
>metal models?
>yeah metal models, my whole army's metal, its easy to repair
>UH, WE DONT SELL ANY METAL MODELS
>well, no, obviously not anymore, but-
>PACK UP YOUR SHIT. YOU'RE BANNED. I'M CALLING THE MANAGER.
I obviously didn't get banned, but that guy gave the most half-hearted apology ever. He obviously didn't want to do it. That's pretty much when I stopped going in. Got a message from the manager on facebook, but I never answered it.

That was around 2007, guy's name was Chris Ritchie, Aberdeen store.

Great store but that guy was a prick.

You can just get Coat D' Arms. They are literally just the old GW paints.

>bring in Squats
>buy new rulebook
>Squats aren't in it
>wtf

Still hurts to this day.

You need to learn to utilize the age old method of looking someone in the eyes and telling them to "fuck off".

ive had the table flipped on me twice by the same guy, once in a friendly match and once at a tournament. judge refused when i said i didnt want to play him.

how he didnt get banned the first time i have no idea.

i won the tournament though, free wins will do that. took days to fix shit though.

you got squatted

>Guy uses papercraft army.
>Not quality papercraft that looks like the actual model, just blocky mine-craft looking trash.
>Every model in his army is paper.
>Enters a a league where you get extra points every week as long as 25% of your army is painted.
>Marks himself down as having a painted army.
>Throws a fit when the organizers tell him printed cardstock is not a "painted" army.
>Plays anyway. Still tried to get the points.
>Gets called on cheating.
>Throws a random real model he had in his stash of paper garbage.
>Eliminated.

>playing against orks
>guy comes over
>walks right up to me
>hyperventilating
>DO YOU LIKE DAWN OF WAR
>uhhhhhh
>ARE THOSE ORKS
>uhhhhhhh
>WAAAAAAAAGH
>bangs on table
>table collapses
>realizes hes fucked up
>has an autistic meltdown
>wails and cries on the floor
>mum comes to pick him up
>everyone just stands there awkwardly for like half an hour
>a few people continued their games, a few people were helping us pick our shit up
>mum puts arm around him and guides him out
>excuse me he broke a lot of our things are you planning to pay us for them?
>HOLD ON IM TAKING HIM OUTSIDE TO THE CAR
>yeah right pay us or i call the police
>she walks out, we follow her, and she fucking drives off
>all on cctv camera
>take her to court
>get way more than army was worth
>shes no longer his guardian

it all worked out better than expected

>walk into flgs.
>slip on my fingerless gloves.
>start shoplifting a bunch of shit.
>dice, minis, a can of mello-yellow, etc.
>get caught by store employee.
>ask me "what the fuck are you doing?"
>i politely tell him not to cuss at me and that I'm just getting into character.
>(PF campaign is in 45 minutes.)
>lv. 9 Drow Rogue (Dual-Wielder).
>kicks me out of the store anyways and threatens to call cops.

fucking fascist. no wonder the gaming scene is dying.

Fuck I hate the GW staff. First off I'm painting both Night Lords and Salamanders, using both FW and 3rd party stuff (namely skinned tabbards, dragon scale cloaks, some bare heads with long hair for Night Lords) but mainly GW kits and I'm actually pretty proud of what I'm doing. I've planned my armies out and know exactly what I'm buying. I've even brought in my minis to show friends who are always curious (and also honest, if what I was doing was shit they'd tell me, but so far they like it). Well the fucking autist GW store manager now cant leave me alone on how "real painters and hobbyists use only exclusive GW parts" and keeps bringing up other shitily painter armies to tell me I'm Hobbying wrong and should buy more. His argument is retarded as I would be spending the same amount of fucking money anyway as I use GW plastics as the base for my kitbashing/conversion. Also amongst he and his staffs sins.

>Tries to push Shadow War:Armageddon on me. I say I prefer Necromunda and will wait for a re-release or buy the old game online when it comes up rather then play that game. Get told Necromunda is shit, that the new game is WAY MOAR important as it concerns "Actual 40K factions" and not "badly designed 90's street gangs who don't impact the 40K story as we need to move the story forward" and that any idea of Necromunda "needs to die" as its a relic of the past. Three weeks later New Necromunda announced.

>Trying to ban conversation in store that does not involve GW and its products, with talk of defunct GW games, like warhammer fantasy, being banned.

>He and his staff are idiots when it comes to in game fluff and Lore, where it has become a running joke instore due to the amount of time they get it wrong. They have been known to institute two week bans when you prove them wrong in store.

It's these reasons a lot of us have started our own gaming club so we dont have to deal with the retarded redshirt Hitler wannabes.

2/3

>Same guy then tries to use FW rules for an army he actually supposedly had some plastic models for.
>Doesn't have any of the FW stuff. Everything is a "conversion" from cheaper WWII/Anime model kits.
>Conversions are just 40k torsos as pilots of unrelated models. (Grotz/Orks on tanks and planes)
>No attempt to convert or modify the models, otherwise we would have probably let it slide, because it shows you're trying.
>Tries to join another event with this FW inspired monstrosity, while completely lacking the models, books, datasheets, or passable proxies/conversions.
>Gets told no.
>Whines.
>Eliminated.

75% of the stories in these threads are either
"autist broke shit"
or "staff member was a dick"

not saying that's a bad thing, just pointing out that these happen often enough that GW should be doing something about these issues

3/3

>Guy disappears for a long while.
>Suddenly shows up.
>I'm already annoyed by hearing his voice, but maybe he's trying now.
>Nope. All paper army.
>At a tournament.
>No books or printed army lists. Just his phone.
>Is allowed in.
>Immediate issues with his playing and feel bad for his opponents.
>Gets called out in between rounds making new lists based on what he's seeing.
>Someone mentions he can't tailor and needs to provide his lists.
>"Just a minute, I gotta build up my list for the next bracket".
>Plays it off that it's okay he's breaking the rules.
>Loses horribly.
>Staff irritated, but has never dealt with him before so he still carries on.
>Kills me that he's still allowed to play weekly with his paper shit and convenient excuses to never buy books or models.

Bonus 4/3

>Have to leave some weeks before I can play more than one game.
>Another regular is always thirsty for games.
>But he chases people away.
>Smells like he walked through a mile of shit every day he shows up.
>No one calls him on it because he seems to be a little 'off' and is super friendly.
>Feel bad for always trying to bail vs. playing him.
>But I can't take the smells anymore.

Was he the fat guy with short hair, glasses and huge sideburns? If so then he really was a cunt.

>fat guy is famous for complaining about GW in store loudly when staff are around
>really obnoxious
>he's been asked politely to give it a rest a few times
>when staff ask him, "OH I SEE YOU DON'T WANT ANYONE TO HEAR THE TRUTH EH"
>when others ask him, "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND I'M TRYING TO MAKE THIS A BETTER PLACE"
>one day he's playing a game
>knocks over his wraithknight
>snaps in two
>interior is very obviously not a GW model
>tell a staff member
>staff member asks to see his model
>UH NO WHY
>because I don't think it's a GW model
>OH WOW WHAT THE FUCK DUDE
>HOW DARE YOU
>staff member waits until he gets going then picks up the wraithknight by the head
>bottom half falls off
>everyone laughs
>guy goes fucking full autist
>FUCK YOU GUYS YOU'RE LETTING THEM RIP YOU OFF
>FUCK EVERYONE ALL OF YOU
>storms out of store after packing his shit up
>comes back later that week and apologises
>gets told to get fucked, hes banned
>immediately throws a shitfit and knocks a kid over
>kid drops his battlesuits he's been working on for the painting club
>kid starts crying
>staff member physically shoves him out the fucking door
>guy bangs on door and refuses to leave, screaming at people in the street as they pass by
>he calls the police
>police show up, listen to him
>come inside, talk to us
>everyone unanimously calls him a massivew cunt and says its his fault
>go back outside and arrest him
>a few peeps sit down and help the kid paint his model, hang out with him, try to cheer him up, he's pretty young like 5 or so and he was pretty upset by it

Not FLGS related, but weird (and true).

>Answer ad for people who want to play 40k.
>Before I got in good at a local store.
>Drive to a bad part of town.
>Get told we can't play at the house (apartment) we were supposed too, we need to relocate.
>Let people load up in my car, because I'd rather control my own fate.
>End up in a storage shed on an apartment complex.
>Cramped, cold, getting dark.
>Half the players seem agitated and are using their armies wrong, breaking basic rules.
>One play claims he is 'disabled' and that sodium could kill him.
>Is sucking down random KFC someone brought and Oatmeal Cream Pies like no tomorrow.
>One claims to be some sort of elite military veteran or something.
>Another seems like he's taking Khorne a bit too seriously
>And another makes newbie mistakes the entire game, but never learns from it and does them the next turn.
>Game ends and I get out of dodge.
>T...Thanks guys.
>Never return.

Really old guy? Nah that's not Chris Ritchie, but yeah he was also kind of a cunt too.

But Chris Ritchie once yelled at a kid for building his models wrong. That's the kind of level of cunt I'm talking about here.

Fuck you man, the dude may be from your description a complete fuckwad but you're a snitch. There is nothing worse than a fucking rat.

>walk into GW
>manager is yelling at a kid for spilling a water pot on the table
>kid is crying
>walk out of GW

doesnt GW do fucking staff training?

i hope this is a joke

After checking friends of friends on facebook, this guy

For obvious reasons, we can't say that for sure.

Fuck off rat.

>calling the police when crimes are committed and trying to get your money back when people damage your shit is bad

oh god /pol/ would have a field day right now

Boy am I glad most of the people I've encountered at my store have some semblance of social skills.

I am by all accounts a normie but at least everyone was friendly as fuck when I went to go check out the scene and when I played my first game a few weeks later

do GW stores actually ban you if you dont have legit GW models?
i dont have a local GW store at all so im completely inexperienced

i think they tend to be pretty forgiving about it depending on how much you usually spend in store

if they'd never met you before and you showed up with chinese recast shit they'd tell you to fuck off i'm pretty sure

is it even worth going to one of these stores?
they just seem fucking awful

im glad my local gaming spot is so fucking great
>gastro pub so beer and amazing food
>great community, everyone i play with is a regular there and i can call all of them my friend
>bar owners are two great people, one of them is a commissioned painter and he sets aside mondays to teach people how to paint so i go there to hang out with a lot of people and get some work done with my armies
>he takes 20 percent off of everything GW related so ive never payed full price

The whole situation was set off by you telling a staff member he wasn't using a GW model but a forgery. The guy is obviously a cunt from you description but going by your description you are a rat. /pol/ can do or say whatever they want but it doesn't change the fact you're a snitch.

jesus dude shut the fuck up

it is if the place is good, it's not if the place is bad

Friend.... What country are you from?
In my country the police help solve problems and disputes
I'm an ethnic minority too

holy shit this guy is for real
this is a real actual human being folks

>FUCKIN SNITCH
i hope you know that we are laughing at your retardation

HAHAHAHAHHA

>go to flgs
>i don't have a lgs
>there's nobody to play against
the end

Laugh all you want I dont care, my issue wasn't calling the police it was you dogging out someone. If the idiot was stupid enough to get caught, fine, but you snitched. And the plethora of responses pretty much proves to me you know you snitched. I don't care for the approval of anons online, so the old "people are laughing at you" is really just a retard argument which convinces me you're a boy, and given the snitching a coddled one at that.

I wasn't complaining about the police involvement, I was complaining about the user telling the staff member about forged mini.

>one day he's playing a game
>knocks over his wraithknight
>snaps in two
>interior is very obviously not a GW model
>tell a staff member

If the guy got caught of his own stupidity fine, but the user tattled like a weak child and I cant respect rats. Police are fine to arbiter disputes, running off behind someones back to tattle to "teacher, store owner, police" without ballsing up and calling the dude out to begin with is a bitch move. Calling the cops after the sperg out is not.

Whoa user, you sure showed them. Guess who's actually fucked up? Hint: It's not the guy who can't help his mental condition, but the adult man playing with painted army men and demanding he be reimbursed when the overpaid-for plastic gets destroyed. Good job seperating that child and his mother.

He did her a favor. Taking care of a retard for the rest of your life sounds like a living hell.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

the timestamps are the best thing about these posts

>never been punched

it's a soft life, eh?

>i dont care
>thats why im replying and samefagging so hard

This is literally playground logic. Child logic.

fucking christ user
screencap this shit

What a little faggot.

>mentally disabled guy fucks up
>breaks dozens if not hundreds of dollars in people's stuff
>goes ballistic
>his carer comes in
>doesn't take responsibility or talk to the manager, just drives off
yeah nah fuck off cunt, it was justified, poor kid but I have no sympathy for the mother

t. former carer

>demanding he be reimbursed

it doesn't matter what the situation is you fucking sperg, if someone breaks your shit, you're entitled to reimbursement

references
the fucking law

You've been holding onto this for a decade?

It's a story friend, this is a story thread. Because you remember it doesn't mean you haven't let go. That's how memory works.

This is retarded gold.

>WAAAAAAAAH
>WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP TELLING ON ME IRL
>PEOPLE WHO TELL ON ME FOR SPERGING OUT ARE ASSHOLES

>references - the fucking law
It depends. In vast majority of cases, you would be right. Accidental damage caused by literal retard may be one of the exceptions from that (similar to eg. damage from getting hit by lightning).

Don't respond, we've got a /pol/tard in here samefagging and getting upset over people pointing out that splitting up a tard from his mother over plastic toys and getting upset at being called a name online. Someone obviously was breast fed to long and taking it out on Anons on Veeky Forums

Carers usually have a Duty of Care (sic) under most legal systems. I don't know any legal systems which treat mentally handicapped actions as "acts of god", etc, but you could be right.

I think it's more the tattle tailing to the store worker about his recast

>samefag

Not quite. I just think running to the red shirt because of a recast is a bitch move. But this guy does sound like a massive faggot

And here is a screen shot as proof

Inb4, the obvious.
>You can edit those samefag.

If only there was some legitimate reason for telling staff about that.
>famous for complaining and being onoxious

Lol. My town all buys China recasts except me and a few others when ordering FW. The majority of people make fun of us for paying high prices.

Lol. I’ve had people snitch on me for owning real forgeworld.

My city is truly a hive of scum.

Aw shucks you caught me guis.
Oh wait no your just a faggot. Your edit probably wasted more of your time they me even replying and taking the picture

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

What store?

Was this at the Games Workshop in Minnesota?

Nope, but its not surprising to hear this autism is everywhere .

This feels like a lie - GW stores don't have staff anymore.

It's an Aussie store

If they keep carrying on like this they wont

More specifically it's a Sydney store, not saying much else.

Maybe the Aussie stores still have staff, the UK stores and US stores are all one man shops.

really? in my experience at GW Edinburgh and Nottingham the shops were a bit small but not one man deals, more a manager and one or two other guys

These fucking posts are what makes these threads amazing. please never change Veeky Forums

Holy fuck i am crying with laughter

Are you sure?

goddamit now I have to go back and watch that amazing show

Someone doesn't know how to support local stores.

Not that dude but expecting what local stores expect us to pay in both sheckles and tolerance of instore unwashed autists you cant argue against someone going 3rd party with the Chinese. It may be illegal but involves less expense and exposure to short bus people on my behalf.

MN represent with snow and swedenism

Yea dude you are kind of a cunt.

>WAAAAAAAAAAH

>go into GWstore
>saw this
>turned around

I asked for a Total War Warhammer White Dwarf code, and a fucker tried to sell me Age of Sigmar models, saying it was from the same game. Pretty awful experience.

thank god this is Veeky Forums not /b/ as this one pic would be accompanied by a WWYD?

I can't tell which is sadder. Those chubrolls or the fact that you let other people enjoying a hobby ruin your own enjoyment of it.