Character concepts you want to play someday

Tell me about that character that you haven't got the opportunity to play but desperately want to:
>Game
>Concept
>Why you haven't play it yet
And remember, dreams do come true

Techno wizard.

>WoD: Vampire
>amputee kindred that gets by through social charms and proper use of retainers
>every time I brought the idea up I got either straight up accused of minmaxing or turned down with some lame excuse

>A star wars game where The Force is more Original Trilogy and less Prequels
>A sapient free-willed B2 battledroid who seeks (earnestly, but fully aware that it is futile) to understand The Force and develop skills as an unarmed martial artist. He's kind, gentle, wise, but forever ignorant about the human condition.
>I'm currently running that game.

>mfw I'm currently playing exactly that
I lost the arm in-game though.

Shouldn't your body parts slowly grow back if you lost them as a Vampire?

There was a lot of factors, mostly getting hit by a guy with true faith and getting a permanent wound.
At the end of the day it was just easier to cut it off.

>Any fantasy game
>Scrawny Teenage Wood Elf Brawler who wears shitty Iron armor along with OP gauntlets. Punches things, drinks beer, and doesn't afraid of anything
>Monks are always shitty. Theres a perk for wearing no armor but no perk for wearing exclusively shitty armor.

What are these comics called or rather who makes them?

You could try 4e for that, but then again:
>4e
That'd be florkofcows.

Two that I think I got from Veeky Forums

>A butcher/designer surgeon. She takes the body parts from the monsters the party kills and transplants them onto needy people in the countryside for a nominal fee, creating a trail of freak yeoman farmers with six arms, wherever she goes. She's probably also got a bunch of extra parts grafted onto her.

> A woodcutter. He comes across an old, forgotten temple dedicated to a dying god, and, out of pity, agrees to become their only champion, spreading the faith and keeping the god alive. I was thinking I'd make it a god of the hearth, so his mission is to help the homeless, refugees, exiles, and wanderers.

>Mage, Genius, any other possible system.
>Super Scientist who uses a subtle magic/psionic effect to build impossible inventions straight out of Pulp stories, like ray-guns, jetpacks, square-robots with glowing red eyes, and food in pill form.
>I have played her once, in an SCP setting but it didn't last very long.

>Didn't last very long
I feel your pain, I'm longing for a long campaign to play my warlock for a long time

>Humanoid Fighter (Defense fighting style)
>Tall, handsome, and witty with striking blue eyes and a flowing mane of sleek blonde hair
>So bold and cocky, he never uses weapons or shields to protect himself and allies. Only resorts to fist fighting
>Loved by all that is good, feared by all that is evil
>The perfect being and the perfect hero

Who is actually just a doppelganger that picked up a monk style of fighting (hence the unarmed combat) during his years of trying to find a way to be accepted into society

It's hard to test new concepts when you're always the GM. I spend my spare time rolling dice and making new adventurers ready to go. I just need to find an actual game

I recently have been wanting to play as a lamia sorceress.

A character who could use their various charms to befriend and protect the people they care about, and cheat, lie to, steal from, seduce and poison those they do not.

A character who can control the various elements and the people around them with a word, a song, and a dance, and a little extra magic for good measure.

A character who can provide support to their allies from both the spotlight as a performer with many fans and followers, and from the shadows as a spellslinging assassin with 40 confirmed kills.

Of course, I'd be Chaotic Good.
Being anything but Good never sat right with me.

Any game, any kind

>any fantasy game, probably pathfinder
>Kobold bard/playwright. Comes from a warren where instead of building traps they construct elaborate set pieces for Broadway-style shows. Having written several hits already and suffering from severe writers block, he's off to find his a muse for his next big show.
>it feels a bit too goofy for the games my group usually runs.

I'd probably want to do this in 5e or 3.5e, but I haven't yet found a GM that plays 5e and also accepts anything more than the traditional six or eight races.

Goofy>edgy always.

Middle-aged woodcutter widower stumbles on a shrine in the forest, becomes the only paladin of a dying goddess, sets out for adventure with her tiny self manifesting periodically to give advice and/or berate him on how best to spread her fame.

I'm with the deep jew killer here. Things I'd like to play

>Male dwarven bard: drums and chanting. Looking for his father's corpse because his clan has some odd ideas about heritage and so he needs daddy's fingerbones and/or hide. Big into manly masculine male bonding

>Repeat offender. CE demon-worshipping male dwarven cannibal monk. Serves a minor demon of gluttony and uses iron teeth to consume the "worthy" while casually knee breaking anything taller then himself. Wants to gain enough flesh-fuelled strength to fight, kill and devour the drow who set him on this path

>FemGnome warlock. Star pact. Driven to learn things that haven't been seen and known a hundred times before, has a weakness for the finer things in life and a poor relationship with gnomeish misconceptions (annoyed by them while abusing them for profit and ease)

Three concepts I've been kicking around while I run my own game:

>L5R Scorpion clan socialite type, cheery guy who enjoys setting things up so that other people have to openly dishonor themselves to get back at him for his actions.

>Shadowrun human street samurai, cyborg with a motorbike, a mean divekick, and a strong sense of justice. Quietly mutters "Henshin" every time he puts on his armor.

>Exalted Sidereal of Battles, a cowboy cop out of sheer laziness, not willing to put up with all the inane bullshit her bosses ask for when she can just punch a couple people and call it a job well done.

I wanna play a Merfolk Monk in a land-based game.

Flurry of Blows as tailslaps, movement speed increase as walking in a handstand.

>She's probably also got a bunch of extra parts grafted onto her.
What did he mean by this?

I got two, both for either Pathfinder or 5e:

> A B-Ball wizard with a scrying stone that functions like a basketball, but also stores spells that are released when it hits someone/something unless it is passed normally.

> Pic related made british as hell; he charges first when able, rallies his teammates to fight hard (if the listen) and will always accept a challenge. Then give him every weapon and enchantment needed to first make him crit hard and then crit reliably.

>Game:
Any high fantasy game that allows physical types to use magic somewhat effectively

>Concept:
A well-meaning, female-human swordsman, with limited ability to use lightning-based magic. Does what she can, but has her fair share of character flaws.
Basically, is kind and loving (platonic) to her friends and townspeople, but relentlessly brutal to enemies. If an enemy would need to be subdued, she would have to be kept away from them, because no restraint. Also, super competitive to the point of becoming irrational when losing; even in the friendliest of contests.
While not very intelligent, she would have the good humor to crack a corny joke or pun to lighten the mood or to make a stranger laugh.
Decidedly no interest in romantic or sexual relationships, despite her good looks, either; claiming to be married to her occupation.

>Y u no play?
First and foremost, no games in my area and no time to play.
Males playing females tend to be red flags for most people (for good reason).
I don't feel I could portray aspects of her character accurately; some flaws and qualities alike.

>Half orc swashbuckler party face who is extremely handsome.
>Vampiric Aztec inspired Barbarian
>Washed up Half Elf Magus with Mommy issues because his mum gave him away to her Butler to preserve her career and image as arch mage.
>Super Sentai/Kamen Rider inspired paladin with a thirst for JUSTICE.

>Half orc swashbuckler party face who is extremely handsome.
some fetish
>vampiric aztec barbarian
jojo autism
>mommy issues
projection
>paladin who loves justice
autism

I'm going to assume extra limbs...

...they're dicks aren't they?

Four years ago, when I sucked at RPing because my high school group was composed entirely of assholes myself included, I submitted a ripoff of Ky Kiske for a BESM game.
I have decided to revisit and redesign the character to make him actually playable and want to play him to prove that I've improved.

>JoJo
Wrong. It's inspired by the sacrifice rituals and cannibalistic practices of real life Nahuatl warriors and priests.

You are weeb shit, don't lie to me

If it was JoJo the character would look handsome, he's supposed to look ugly and savage. He's a manlet that resembles Danny Trejo plucked clean of all hair and inspired by 30 Days of Nights' take on vampirism. I'm tired of you JoJofags thinking every fucking thing is a reference.

>Machiavellian scientist/scholar of evil/dark knowledge in a science fantasy setting, going from planet to planet, hoarding ancient artefacts and exploring the deepest depths of tombs

>A doomsayer Malkavian who works as a detective and is pretty fucking good at it, preferably in a near-Gehenna campaign and end up being on the spot about it

>Power hungry and megalomaniac Imperial Guard officer/psyker, corrupted by Tzeentchian demons and leading an insurgency

Hard to play anything as a forever DM.

I don't like how much the word comfy gets thrown around these days, but, it's pretty apt.

An improvisational fighter who believes that when a warrior dies, they leave some of their strength in their weapon, so it always swapping out whatever he's got for whatever the biggest, baddest dude was holding, even if it means throwing away a magic weapon to try to use the troll's club. Superstitious to a tee, and doesn't understand subtly. I haven't played it because I'm a forever dm.

Harvest Moon paladin?

Pre-teen witch in training.

Thing is - she wouldn't fit with the rest of the party, so I'm stuck with adult, post-training version and most of the fun is gone. The only way I can use the character I want to play is via PBF and those instead takes ages to get by.

>any game
>strength wizard, I CAST FIST
>no one likes me

A country bumpkin with uncharacteristic technological proficiency.

>dwarven bard
Look up Simon Swerwer on youtube, he's done a bunch of songs as BGM for Dwarf Fortress. Danger Room in particular is great

You know, most country bumpkins tend to be somewhat proficient in tech proficiency, Shit most of the guys I know back home set up their own drainage systems, fix all their own farm equipment, even make their own tools sometimes. Not super out of the realm of possibility, you should definitely give it a go
>t. Bamafag

>non serious game
>baker with a cake golem as a familiar
>buff it up with better frosting for armor, candy corn as studs, etc

Although apparently not in redundant grammar

>Simon Swerwer
im listening user, and this is exactly what a dwarf bard should be

Breadmaster and Butter were the best. Especially since he was right in regards to industrial-grade breead and its subpar quality.

>game
Pathfinder

>Concept
Too many

>Why you haven't play it yet
Too many

Though granted one of the very best Concept's I wanted to play as is the most stereotypical Dwarven Brawler whom fights with his fists and shield and draws lots of inspiration from pic.

Exalted
Integrity Supernal Solar Sam Vimes
Nobody fucking plays Exalted

>Maid RPG
>Gardener with a thing for cultivating dangerous plants and an unhealthy relationship with a hedge trimmer
>Nobody fucking plays Maid RPG

PTU
Person that wants to build a farm where the plants are grown on Pokemon.
No-one I know locally plays PTU, and having my schedule and trying to find games online that are actually running when I have days off is suffering.

I'm currently playing a harpy character in 3.5e, but one of the things I want to do with my character is make it so she knows a specific feat that allows her to graft spell runes onto her arms to enhance her wings and thus her magic.
Think about it: You have a spell like Ray of Frost, adapted into a rune and grafted onto the wings of a character who can then flap their wings and form a small blizzard, dealing cold damage.
Or literally becoming a phoenix by grafting a fire spell onto yourself.
My character will become a god. The only reason I haven't done this yet is because skill points and learning feats are a bitch.

She's Fran Madaraki

A former priest of a sun god driven mad by delving into hidden blasphemous archived secrets he SHOULD NOT HAVE FOUND and is now an unwilling warlock of a terrifying force from BEYOND!

A dwarf who was a world famous star of the opera but who in a tragic accident had his facial hair singed off permanently and who now lives a horrible half-life on the outskirts of society with a clumsy iron replica of a beard to cover his monstrous deformity. For he is the dwarf WHO HAS NO BEAAAARD! He secretly shaves.

I'm already playing in a few games and they are lasting too long. Also, these characters don't really have a reason to work with the party.

>DnD
>wizard college drop out who uses magic to scam people
>forever DM

Religious based campaign
A flagellant and religious zealot
I don't play games often, and religious ones almost never show up.

>shadowrun
>loli rigger from shady AA corp project what escapes termination and is fucking pissed so wants to get back at the system/save other kids from similar situations
>forever GM

dumb pedoposter

I should state that the system would be Dnd5 or VtM.

u wot

>I'm tired of you JoJofags
>implying there isn't an obvious conspiracy to make people hate jojo by unnecessarily bringing it up in random situations

A Kobald Supremicist spear and shield Fighter. He believes that the worship of dragons and following narcissistic sorcerers has led his people to ruin. Wants to overthrow both and carve out a piece of the world for his people.

A character who is a pyromaniac. Not in the luls, i burn you wizzard idea.

Just a guy who relieves anxiety by burning stuff

A guy who uses the weapons of those he defeats, as a way to honour them or to gain their power. Discard and use different weapons every combat

Just play 5e where monks are pretty good, and talk with your DM about changing armor/unarmored fluff.

>V:TM
>Gangrel turned Lhiannan that tries to dominant a single, irrelevant natural park and is forced to work with local Anarch community
>forever GM

Wait a minute.... are you... a weeaboo?

>Fantasy or Sci-fi game
>Character who is sharing a body with an AI or a spirit or some kind of incorporeal being, and they swap control of the body to switch off skill sets between the two. They generally get along but may have contrasting goals that cause tensions.
>I can't think of a rules system that would allow it (basically playing two characters at a time). It seems really snowflake-ey. Might be hard to RP if I'm doing it in a live game. Would probably want one of the characters involved to be a cute girl.

>game
Basically any game based around superpowers.

>Concept
A guy with the ability to bodyjack people who is addicted to (combat related) self improvement and can use all his learned skills as the person he is controlling.
He was created by the military to be the ultimate hivemind squad leader but managed to escape the lab. Now he is hunting down the people responsible for creating him and looking for a cure for his self improvement addiction that has been conditioned into him.

>Why you haven't played it yet
I'm one of those fags who've never played an RPG in their lives and don't even know how to find a game because I'm too socially awkward to meet new people and got scared off Role20 because of the horror stories about it.

have this

Grell is a man

That sounds like a fun idea, why haven't you done it?

>>Super Sentai/Kamen Rider inspired paladin with a thirst for JUSTICE.
I like you already. dual-class pally/monk with unarmed proficiency?

>D&D
>Undead philosopher-knight of Kelemvor looking for an answer as to why he rose as an undead, and whether his god is testing him.
>I made the concept and a character sheet, but I also made another character at the same time, and I ended up picking the latter.

>Militant dwarven priestess-warrior of Umberlee. Converted to the Queen Bitch's cult after a near-drowning experience in the sea, in sadomasochistic awe of the ocean's power.
>Never had a group to play her, but that might change soon since a friend might be launching a dwarf-only game.

Alex Jones inspired cleric but instead of ((globalists)) it's ((elves)) or even ((fey)). His day job is a holy water salesman

>Paladin who hates Undead so much that upon his death he became a Revenant, thus becoming the first Undead Undead Hunter
>Bard who is basically Cicero and gets into debates as his form of combat
>A mailman
>Joe Pitchfork the disgruntled farmer
>A paranoid Shieldbearer who uses a towershield to guard his allies and is always looking for more ways to protect himself
>Undead who was part of a Military Company that gave up their afterlife to a Necromancer so they could forever defend the city during a siege.
>Illusionist Wizard Psychotherapist
>Grave Digger Rogue
>A human who thinks he's an Aasimar and wants to prove his Deva to the world; is actually just insane and has a Tulpa.
>A really old retired Dragoon Fighter getting back into the business to show her kids she still has what it takes
>Wizard/Cleric Archaeologist
>The bug girl from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
>The medic from TF2 but he's a necromancer / Old Gods Warlock
>Ned Kelly

I have no friends

>from shady AA Corp

heh, i get it

Rule 63

Yeah more or less.

Nice.

came to me a few days ago

>character starts off as a dickhead 'neutral cunt' kinda rouge, but after first session with the party, starts slowly learning the error of his ways, and around the end of the game, has become what can only be described as a melee robin hood

my OG group died and am now sentenced to forever GMing

Pathfinder
A halfling witch with a goat familiar he rides everywhere. Sometime he shrinks down to tiny size for shits and giggles and AC bonuses and probably non-combat utility.
>Why haven't I done it?
Mechanically it's feat hungry with really high risk. Even if the DM promised me they would never intentionally put my familiar in danger, there are enough AOEs that my walking spell book would get killed. Depending on if we start at level one or two, my buddy would not be able to reasonably support a halfling and gear while still being in a light load. At level three magic items fix that issue.

Changeling
The character was kidnapped by a fae trying to understand stories and narrative in general and comic books in particular. He's been forced to live out the plots of notSpiderman. And then he was rebooted, and what iffed, and then rebooted again.

As he returns to the real world, his memories are layered on top of themselves (for example he remembers graduating high school in reality and then 4 more times in the fae realms). He still has a sense of Justice and lives like those vigilantes in Portland.
>Why haven't you played it
I never found a changeling group when I was looking. Now I'm not really looking.

>shadowrun
>A street samurai with the background that he used to be a member of the renraku red samurai. The basics of my idea for a storyline for this character is that some dudes in japan decided to kidnap him and put an experimental ai into his skull and then dump him somewhere else to hide the AI from Renraku. He is hunted down by Renraku and the faction that put the AI into his skull. The AI is just represented by the positive quality of Erased, and the negative quality of Tough And Targeted. He would also have the restricted gear trait to represent how even though the people who took him took his gear, they still left him with one piece of red sam gear, the paranoia trait because the AI in his head knows it is being targeted and subtly influences his behavior to make him paranoid, and the uncouth trait. The AI is more of a macguffin than a second character, and none of the other characters can hear the AI unless they specifically have tech know how and go poking into his brain, however if i were to play this character I might roleplay him as sometimes blanking out due to having an mental argument and sometimes talking out loud to himself.
>I have not played this character because I have no one to play with, I do not know too much about the shadowrun rule set, and I doubt most gms would let their players play as an ex red samurai. I heard they're pretty elite.

I think you should skip step one and make his awful behavior backstory and plot hooks but he's already been Robin Hooding for a while when he meets the party.

Tell me more about Joe Pitchfork.

Just negotiate with the dm for it

First one is genuinely horrifying and I wouldn’t let her into my town

Second one is cool

Looking for some help on this character concept. I can't tell if it's boring or generic or edgy? Posted in a thread a while ago.

>Grumpy washed up old Dwarf
>Adventuring is a business venture, since he needs to supply his alcoholism
>Legit alcoholic, not like dwarf in a tavern singing songs, like dwarf grabs two bottles from a tavern and gets trashed alone in his room
>I'll actually try to play him as the goal-oriented leader, just wants to get things done so he can get paid, always demands the best from the others
>Party members are just business associates, I don't see why people try to have fun with this whole adventuring thing
>Decent Wisdom, likes to be aware of things around him so he can always have power in his situations
>Essentially just went into adventuring because he's ready to die, but he wants an honorable death in battle

Recommendations? Too edgy? Too generic?

sounds kinda like Mal from firefly if I am going to be honest, but that might just be because I was binging firefly last night. Anyways aside from the Alcoholism which is not to my personal taste, I think this character can be interesting, especially with some good teammates that are willing to do stuff like waiver fees for jobs and such.

Joe Pitchfork is a disgruntled farmer of 43 who fights with a sawnoff piece of door was a shield and a pitchfork as a trident. 12 years ago his wife and daughter just disappeared, or were never there, and he spent those years training with PEASANT weapons. He's got a gold tooth, is tall, and is lanky and wears a wide-brimmed hat.
Also is batshit crazy.

Eyy, was gonna call her Battery too.

? ? ?

Yeah the alcoholism was gonna be pretty understated and distant. I don't like playing characters that are day drinking and constantly drunk. He wouldn't be drunk while adventuring because he's too professional. Once he's off the clock so to speak, that's when he'd get plastered alone. I just wanted to know if this character seems too disruptive to the game.

Unknown Armies character obsessed with replacing his body parts with machinery and prothesis. I checked a lot of medical books and studies, you can theorical replace about 90% of your body with machine, we just can't make them function together.
But with magic you can

I mean i can see a potential (keep in mind i am not a role player) issue with the drinking if dwarves react to booze the same way as humans do (getting too hangover to adventure the next day sorta issues), but overall I see a lot of potential with your character. Like say you get a job that involves doing something for a bad person and your team wants to back out, I can see how that would be a good role play opportunity.

DESU the best version of this kind of thing is the hex-scarred witch doctor, though it requires Orc. So much utility, especially if you're playing the version before they ruined it with errata

Got a few.

First was for a Pathfinder naval-based campaign, they were a dhampir pirate. Constantly hid that fact though.
They were a Black Powder Inquisitor, and the Inquisition was "Freedom" - black powder because giving people guns can make any peasant stand up to a lord, in theory. They literally worshipped guns and freedom.
They had a little bit of alchemy for bullet-crafting purposes, which allowed her to make a brew to breathe fire, and had a shit-ton of intimidation. Plan was to hopefully become Captain of the ship, slowly turn it more and more necromantic or the such, and intimidate people into giving over their loot before even firing a shot, Blackbeard style.

The other was a noblewoman who always wanted to go out and do adventurer things, so they did, but they only have stories to go on so they're just kind of bad at it. They were a face/skills monkey based character, but they also had dual swords and a bunch of acrobatics and were generally prone to charge headlong into trouble despite not being so great in combat; and would gradually learn being a combat adventurer isn't the only kind and actually start being useful, maybe appreciate her old life.

Why have I never played them? Because my group like talking about their games and characters rather than making them, I made these characters believing I'd play them; but no, I'm the only one who actually gets her shit together and GM's. :/

that's a shame. I hope you do get a chance to play these awesome sounding characters

>party of marines from the original traitor legions
>jack of all trades fighter that fights as unfair as possible for a nobel reason
>old soldier who is a fatherly figure to the party and handles a lot of cooking
>master of disguise face type that causes chaos, but never kills
>mage who will do everything in his power to avoid conflict except against one type of enemy where he pulls out all stops
> petty theif that also uses interrogation and knock out gases but never kills

Isn't there a Pathfinder class where Witches learn hexes? I thought it was something like that.

I have a similar concept only has the elevator pitch.

Antoine has been a farmer in the backwoods of Podunkville forever. His kids are grown and his kids' kids are nearly grown. His wife passed away and he either develops sorcery while grieving makes a dark compact to become a sorcerer. He justs wants to speak with her one more time

Depending on the story she was just old or something sinister happened.

There is, there's a bunch of Witch archetypes, one of which includes killing people with your hair.

That has reminded me of another idea I had:
A Witch arachnomancer. She had the ability to make webs, wanted the ability to make them permanent, and had the desire to eventually ascend to Driderhood.
The kicker was that she was based entirely around spells that paralyze people, acidify things, or seduce them - a wonderful combo was a spell that made people want to kiss you, and the ability to vomit spiders, so she'd siren people into kissing her then fill their insides with spiders mid-kiss. I saw that and built the character around it because that sounded like fun.

I just want to play a stoic but compassionate fire knight

My old religion teacher from high school as a Inquisitor in some wh40k game.

Guy was the real life equivalent of paradise worlder from 40k universe. Jovial old balding dude with pot belly who smiles all the time and speaks softly.

>Hohoho, well met heretic, it's time to die.
>blam

Don't have a group for 40k rpgs.