MtG Card Quality

They didn't fix the warping. Heads need to start rolling.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/151004939/#151014109
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's already a thread about this, check the catalog

>Playing MtG

That thread got called out on being a /pol/ raid, so they had to start a new one and hope no one called them out this time.

Does Mark pay you to spread these lies?

This is dumb and so are you.

>muh /pol/ boogeyman

Jesus fucking Christ, not every thread criticizing WotC is fucking /pol/. OP has a legitimate complaint about the terrible quality of cards fresh out of the pack. Instead of defending shitty business practices, why don't you go back into the shithole you crawled put of?

This is fucking terrible. This is a fucking card game. What happens if you stop caring about the cards?

Chinamen become more legitimate than the real printings.
Alternatively, unwarped, slightly older "frontier" cards are considered "fake" and are assumed to be Chinese proxies.

that shit looks absurdly cheap. Like some card I'd get in a happy meal.

They've made the cards thin. This is an unstable card on the left that I pulled fresh from pack. On the right is a swamp from commander 2015.

I did the same top to bottom bend test and the fresh from pack failed it.

Hmmmmmmm

>rundown on infomemes to spread
/pol/ delenda est

Why can't WotC worry about both? Shouldn't they be jobs handled by different people? I don't see how addressing one would prevent them from addressing the other.

>it's another "everything that criticizes WOTC is an evil pol raid guy" episode

>implying it isn't real

Pic related, it's a /pol/fag failing at false flagging in the other thread

Still, is being a bit paranoid

That thread didn't start out as a /pol/ thread, and freaking out about /pol/ constantly makes us look silly

They could, but I am not confidence in their competence enough to predict them actually doing it. I know that card manufacturers and PR are different things that have specialized people, but they still have liquid capital to distribute to those. They'll likely fuck up anyways because consumer complaints (and complaints from non-consumers) is much more noticeable than long term decreases in profit, and they might ignore the latter because it's too dry for them to care.
That's not even getting into how they may end up fucking up their PR and shitting all over their community rather than being nuanced and fair about their voiced concerns.
I'm not saying WotC is guaranteed to fuck up, just that I'm pessimistic about them fixing things.

Given /pol/ literally had a thread on 'grognard social engineering', with making threads with exactly this premise being one of their discussed methods, you can see why people would be suspicious.

>there are people both bored and filled with enough hate that they would actually do something like this.
Alright, you convinced me. I'm just filtering every MTG thread until this whole thing blows over in a couple of months.

I hate /pol/ but these kind of people should be killed

I hate the fact that they have power in society now.

Because this shit didn't crank into high gear until /pol/'s favorite MTG e-celeb got slammed. There were complaint threads every now and then, sure, but now there's at minimum 3 going at a time and they're all being constantly bumped and using similar language.

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/151004939/#151014109

Link to the actual post, since I still had it lying around. It's hilariously pathetic.

But it was you who made that post...

If you don't have Veeky Forums X installed yet, you should totally get it

It filters threads and posts so well that it basically erases them from existence

That post sums up /pol/ so fucking well

Wow, I really fucked up with my grammar. brb inhaling zyklon b.

I don't blame you.
Still, is there a way we can excise /pol/lution from Veeky Forums while also being able to discuss the quality of MTG and the stuff around it?
I admit this may be absolutely foolish, but what if we got mods on /pol/ to move their threads here and mark it as "from /pol/" so we can prevent them from scheming? I admit it's very counter-intuitive, but maybe it's better to grapple the problem rather than throw it at /pol/ where they will try to "redpill" people. The idea is to force people to listen to alternative views rather than be driven into the borg of /pol/.

Just ignore em

Hide their threads, report if applicable, but don't fucking reply. They want attention, and if you deny them that they'll run out of steam and leave

I get the feeling it's pressure from Hasbro to cut production costs to boost profits since despite revenue increases, their profits are dropping.

It's kind of irritating when the oldest running card game has the worst quality cards. Like, Force of Will may be run by a company that makes WotC look like a pillar of wise decisions, but the cards are great. Heavy cardstock, high-quality printing, and a great foiling system. Hell, most of the asian card games have great physical cards these days.

stop making these threads, I'm not always around to post this.

muh /pol/gymons

See Enough other people have similar crops to respond.

Nice one

Just because you say it's just a bogeyman doesn't mean that it actually is

This topic just gets traction because shitposting gravitates to internet drama. Also Veeky Forums is by far the most gullible board to troll for (you)s. I doubt any /pol/lacks really care about Magic at all. That thread even started on Veeky Forums but a mod moved it to /pol/ because muh ideological bogeymen.

>evidence of /pol/ spamming Veeky Forums
>respond with simple thought-terminating cliche, a common thing /pol/ does when presented with views that challenge theirs

>muh /pol/ boogiemun

Literally spamming.

>nearly 100% of your money is from printing ink on cardboard
>use shittier cardboard
How fucking expensive is it to use the cardboard you have been using for decades?