Back from uni for a few weeks

>back from uni for a few weeks
>gonna play DnD with family
>me and my dad (DM) are the only people who have played before
>mum seems vaguely interested, lil brother is psyched to try it (he's the one who asked my dad to play, and my dad invited me), lil sister mostly seems bored but is still doing it

This is either going to be loads of fun or go horribly, horribly wrong. Wish me luck, lads.

>old Veeky Forums: Run a simple fetch quest with a twist in the middle and make sure you have at least one moment where everyone gets a chance to shine

>new Veeky Forums: Roll to seduce your sister!

You've clearly got that reversed.

>Best Veeky Forums: do a simple fetch quest but the twist is it was inside your sister the whole time, and the only way to get it out is your dick.

What the actual fuck.

>2017
>Not using your penis claspers to remove objects from your sisters womb

The finest example that Veeky Forums has to offer.

you better give us an update soon, OP.
I gotta see how this shit goes down.

would you classify sidesmith as old or new Veeky Forums ?

nice

Brother and sister keep breaking character and trying to be "lolsorandum", it's getting mildly annoying but D(ad)M is trying to keep it on track.

We’re running Tomb of Annihalation, btw.

>Tomb of Annihilation
oh shit bro, Im playing that with AL.
what are everyone's characters?

>Tomb of Annihilation
>In a family game

Your dad doesn't fuck around.

>Vistra
My character. Sociopathic fighter, ex-slaver, and Duergar exile. Token LE teammate.
>Vola
Mum's character. Half-orc paladin and low-ranking noble.
>Bryn
Brother's character. High elf noble/sorcerer. Turning out to not be very fun to play with desu, his ADHD is showing massively and he's being a chode OOC
>Sai
Sister's character. Socially awkward elf ranger (she's obviously not taking this very seriously, but at least isn't being a sperg like my brother).

Definitely not, lol

alright, not a bad crew to roll with. at least your mum can heal everyone.

Please give updates, hope it goes well

OP here
>mfw my assburger brother is the worst that guy I’ve ever played with and gets the game put on hold because he started OOC arguments at the table

Bumping skelington for good luck. keep us updated

I feel sorry for your dad

So do I. He spent a while preparing and trying to make this fun for all of us, and then my brother starts sperging out because the game can't revolve entirely around him.

Thats a risk you have with first timers who care more about their experience than about the game. Myb ur dad shoulda forces him to invest some time into the rules so hed be more serious

He did. Bro just still wanted to make it all him.

In my experience, spergs aren't very good players no matter what. I was hoping it would be different because he was family and actually wanted to play, but nope.

Well that sucks ass.

Culture him. He's not going to have good habits at first, just like how you had to be taught how to use a fork and knife. You need to be there to help him, not to spite him.

rip OP

I got my family into D&D and we're currently running two campaigns atm.

was a rough start, but now everyone is getting the hang of it. And roleplaying well together.

Did help that my older brother that runs one of the campaigns browses Veeky Forums with me. Allows for us to both make inside jokes about magical realms, gay politics and liches, etc.

I can't wait til my son (6) gets mature enough to play in games. I think he'll be pretty good since he's hung around my weekly game night since I don't remember when. Right now he gets distracted and draws on the character sheets, so we still have a while (2 years maybe?), but he's good with board games (he really enjoys Takenoko, but is about as good at is as you could expect for his age), and enjoys gaming with other people in general.

Hope your brother stops being a sperg, OP. Maybe try playing some cooperative board games with him between sessions to help him learn to work with others in a constructive manner?

>Culture him
no what you should do is
>cure him
as in, hold him in fucking vinegar until he stops being a sperg, every time he spergs out its back to the vinegar tub

Alright, we're gonna reconvene in a bit (sister went out with friends, so dad's rolling her char as an NPC for a bit) and I gave my brother a polite but stern talking to. Hope it goes better this time, I'll keep you guys updated.

Before things went FUBAR last time, we portaled to Chult, found an inn to hide in until night (b/c Duergar sunlight sensitivity), and started interviewing potential guides. Mum's pally is doing the talking because she has high Cha, and I'm doing Insight checks to call BS on the frauds because I'm the wisest member.

Not doing this is why spergs sperg in the first place.

Give your dad props from the internet, duder. Really hope that your brother chills, so you and your dad can have a good time and hopefully your mum has fun too. (It was cool of your sister to give it a go.)