Admit it. The Stormcast are badass

Admit it. The Stormcast are badass.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_-MzNpMD1K8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No. Their facemasks are fucking awful.

I dunno, looks pretty Roman to me.

Many things are "badass", but it doesn't mean they're good

I don't care for their look and they seem incapable of having personality, so there's really just nothing there for me to like

Good joke. Lamecasted Landmarines are right there with MLP when it comes to manliness and badassery.

This is the one thing I always hated about them. Everything else was fine. Good, even. And then you get those retarded bald masks.

Getting some powerlevel inflation shoved up the ass doesn't make a badass.

They were far cooler when they appeared to be golems piloted by souls made of lightning instead of just people n armour.

Even then, rubric marines are cooler

Fun fact, they actually saved Games Workshops ass and have lead to GW creating great games again.

People hate the golden boyz though because they pulled the plug on a game not even the fans bought.

They good be. But like vanilla ice cream, which is pretty fucking good, if you shove it down my throat while removing all other flavors of ice cream, it will taste like shit and will be puke city in the end.

Don't forget the BDSM leather belt which holds the mask behind their heads.

Stormcucks aren't badass.

Fun bullshit you mean. You know why no one was buying fantasy? Because they made nothing worth buying for new players.
Yeah, CEO got replaced because the company got saved, yeah real fucking serious there chap.

This.

So badass

no, they come of as a forced attempt to look badass

chaos warriors are badass, steamtanks are badass, the old archaon model was badass- AoS is someone who doesent understand what made them badass trying really hard to make the new stuff more badass, and instead just looking like overdesigned tosh which makes darksiders look subtle

I agree they are both bad and complete ass.

I still can't believe they fucked up so bad.

ITT people take OPs bait

>Stormkikes

>Sigmar has a bitch fit and abandons the mortal realms, he then kidnaps hundreds of thousands of military leaders, adventurers and warriors
>This effectively cripples any chance humanity had of surviving the onslaught of chaos, Sigmar knows this and fully expects all of humanity that he didn't save to die or to fall to chaos
>Sigmar returns a few hundred years later to reclaim the realms and repopulate them with souls from Azyr. He intends to do this with an army of brainwashed immortal fascists forged in his own image from the souls of those he kidnapped
>The majority of humanity has indeed fallen to chaos but primarily out of necessity. Sigmar acts as if anyone who worships chaos is irredeemably evil and as if this whole scenario isn't his fault
>As it turns out there are still small pockets of humanity left who haven't fallen to chaos
>Sigmar decides out of the goodness of his heart to "save" them even though he's the reason their lives are so shit and he could have saved them by not choosing to leave behind their ancestors all those years ago

Sigmar can go fuck himself desu.

>Nagash come on, this is serious WE need to work TOGETHER to stop Chaos
>*rubs hands*
>Yes Gorkamorka and Grungni, WE need to stop Chaos, lets all band together!
>*gets others to fight his battle for him*
>N-No Nagash... pls keep helping me, I am your friend!
>N-No pls we have to stop chaos! Oy vey remember the Old World! Remember the WHFB holocaust!
>Nagash no pls stop!

Sigmar is a fagget

TRUTH

Oy vey, Stormkeks sell better as any WFB line not named Warriors of Chaos.

Made of your money

dubs of truth

>that statue
Lmfao what a retarded idea

First, need citation and secondly
>Army in every starter set and army with updated models and promotions are selling compared to armies with models older than the playerbase at this point and no support?
>YOU DON'T FUCKING SAY

>S-stormcast are t-totally original g-guys...r-right?

Sellin' Stormkeks like KFC

Obligatory post

Also;

>people are ever surprised that there is still hate for stormcaste eternals and AoS.
>people are ever surprised that there is still hate for the star wars prequels and Jar Jar.
>still hate for the resurrection of Sherlock Holmes after his death at Reichenbach falls.
>still hate for the English after the war of independence
>still hate for the French for exsisting
>what did the Romans ever do for us
>building pyramids using slave labour and not god magic
>ug ugga *thumps with club*

Isn't KFC declining pretty rapidly now?

>le bad thing
>le good thing

epic post

One is extinct, the other flourishes. Should've used that shield, pantyboys!

>Hi guys! Isn't it great being on the side of the good guys!

SCE sale took over.

The masks are an important piece of Psychological warfare designed by Sigmar.

It canonically freaks out Chaos Warriors.

fucking why? its just another helmet- how would that freak out people who see demons on the reguar

Demons aren't that tacky looking.

>Chaos Warriors
>being scared by tacky
THEY ARE THE TACKY

Really activates your almonds on how awful sce must be eh?

For people that revel in other's misery, it's pretty disturbing to fight an army of people wearing frowning patronising faces.

I think the masks are directly inspired by Roman cavalry masks. It's flashy, but there is historical evidence that suggests these weren't just for show, but were actually used on the battlefield.
I can imagine it would be a pretty harrowing experience for some screaming hairy barbarian to see a bunch of these calm, implacable silvered faces bearing down on him like uncaring angels preparing to swat some insect that's almost beneath their notice.

I think the proper term is Groundmarines
youtube.com/watch?v=_-MzNpMD1K8

>no flowing feathers
>no puffy vests and hats
>no furry mantles
>no flambergesque rays and blades
>no grotesquely angry faces of the sun/moon with long pointed noses
>the only faces are on the masks
>there can be only faces on the masks
>fucking horizontal pauldrons
>why is that chestpiece even segmented in two?
>someone please tell the guys the crossbo-pistols' magazines are getting in the way of the cord
>no grimderp fanatical devotional blings
>no personal heraldries

It's like someone took everything wrong with space marines and everything wrong with modern high fantasy and tried to pretend the result is the new face of warhammer.

Different knight's helms and facemasks would do a lot to help them, maybe animals or more abstract designs

That's what I thought they were, now I keep seeing shitty art of them with modern haircuts, when did it change? If they can change that they can fucking well bring back the old world.

too funny man, too funny.

>when they appeared to be golems piloted by souls made of lightning
which was never

among the first artworks we got there were the one with normal human eyes visible behind the mask.

It's such a fugly statue, all those miniature painters and not one to tell them how to make a thing actually look like metal

Why the FUCK weren't dark elves put in with destruction? They're literally the most evil race that ever lived and anyone who played them WANTS A FUCKING EVIL ARMY. Why not just make them what they were, elves that have given in to darkness and hate due to how fucked up the world is? Like that model, there aren't any stormcast models that have just beheaded another stormcast for a laugh.

bored of posting in /WHFBG/ are we?

We have these pathetic threads every few days. They do nothing productive, just random bitter neckbeards attacking a setting they helped usher in.

Spoken like a true /total war/ player.

Maybe if the current wow expansion had not overdone the word "storm" and ruined similar names by proxy

>Why the FUCK weren't dark elves put in with destruction?

the fluff is that dark elves, while being sadistic assholes, still have their own laws that they follow, in a civilized society. Also they spend a lot of their time fighting chaos hordes that keep wandering down from the northern wastes.

in D&D terms they would be lawful evil, so they fit better into the order alliance than the chaos alliance, or destruction alliance.

but forge your own narrative?

Yes but while the roman masks look good because they're a helmet that also has a mask to cover the face, stormcasts look like the opposite. A mask that is also kinda a helmet.

Destruction is all about tearing down civilisation, usually in the name of Gorkamorka.

Dark Aelves are sadistic assholes but they still like the concept of a civilization they can exploit.

I actually like their lore. That whole dark souls/hollow/reforging thing is pretty cool. But i absolutely can not stand their look.

I still can't believe they ditched there space marine for THIS

>The Stormcast are badass.
Yea, they're pretty fun.

If Stormcast looked like this would they be cool?

And saved.

>would stormcast be cooler of they were modelled after a fantasy setting that took inspiration, among many other places, from the game they killed?

Really activates my almonds

maybe if you 12 and it is drawn by a retard

I might like them if the fluff wasn't so bland and if they weren't so fat. In the end they are just discount Space Marines.

I dunno. Add a silly lightning halo and paint it blue, and this is pretty much there.

Kill yourself you fucking neckbeard obsessed with Jews that ruins every AoS thread

>Admit it. The Stormcast are bad

Sure I admit

damn I guess soy kills your originality as well.

Why couldnt they be big muscular and magical landscknechts? Like an army of rennaisance He-Men?

exactly 12 and retarded, plenty of ways to have it not look like trash, they chose none of those

need power armor for da kiddies

I agree, they represent the Hasidic element that was missing in the Warhammer world. For GREATER ISRAEL!

The Skaven seems more heroic in that picture.

>exactly 12 and retarded

Judging by how you type and the level of intelligence displayed in your posts, I assume you're an expert on that?

You know how everyone is convinced /Pol/ is lurking on this board? Pretty sure it's just this one guy.

>talking shit about Gelt's face

Don't we already have those?

>Take out Slaanesh
>Insert Timmymarines
GW ruins Xmas every year.

I know what you mean. We will fight the NAZI's back! FOR GREATER ISRAEL!

is this when I'm supposed to say no you then we have epic bants?
They look like stupid teen wank bullshit, they are over designed and shit proportioned. They went for over the top type 40k but worse style. Now fuck off.

God bless conversions

All you did was give that poor knight shitty armor.

The masks are also intended to hide a Stormcasts emotions, unlike Space Marines Stormcasts are highly emotional.

In one of the books some ghosts masquerad as a Stormcasts dead wife and child and he starts to cry under the mask.

They are redundant, we have Space Marines already.

Fuck you. Fuuck youu. FUCK YOU!

>/pol/
>not Zionists like Trump

Man don't be so insecure lots of people like WoW.

I got your stormcast RIGHT HERE

except chaos warriors also wear face-covering helmets, and also have emotionless masks, and are fond of infighting

Funny, to me it's the opposite
I dig the masks (atleast in concept) but I think the rest is way too bulky and over the top

If the they had been proper "Daemons of Order" rather than Sigmars Einherjar then the roman esque facemasks would have been perfect to show their inhumanity. But combined with the bulky armor they just are another flavor of Spoice Marines

Looks like somebody made a sumo wrestler a suit of armour. Which is no bad thing.

There's a difference between covering your face in a generic helmet and covering you face with a patronising mask.

But faceplates are generic