The Beast - an erotic rpg for one?

>The Beast is an unsettling erotic game for a single player. During the play you will imagine engaging in sex acts with the Beast—an
alien and inhuman creature—and then write a diary describing your erotic encounters, your fears and your anxieties.
> The game is meant to be played over the course of 21 days. Every day you will draw a card with an event or a question and write down your reaction or answer in the diary. The cards are meant to stimulate associations and invite you to visit unusual and perverse regions of your imagination.

So, I randomly stumbled on this polish "erotic single-player card based RPG". The basic concept is that you're having a secret sexual relation with this alien/unnatural creature (what it is it's completely at your discretion, from rabid animal to hyper-intelligent gaseous alien life-form) and you pic a selection of cards (19 over 28, I think), draw one each day and then take fifteen minutes to write down something based on the card prompt. Which goes like, for example

"How do you make the beast orgasm?"
or
"What does the beast provide you with, apart from sex?"

It has probably spawned an unsettling amount Magical Realm fanfic-tier shit but hey, can't say I'm not curious about it.
Has anyone else heard of it?
And, do you think it exists somewhere on the internet? Seems like one of those things one woulnd't throw money at, but would check out if given the opportunity.

Other urls found in this thread:

caitlynnbelle.com/?page_id=208
pastebin.com/wBijCFJC
twitter.com/AnonBabble

caitlynnbelle.com/?page_id=208

I've seen reports on it. I'd probably play it, just to see if I can turn off my inner censor or not.

this caters to my fetishes, continue

I almost want to see a thread in /quest/ playing it.

Well...If someone has a PDF or something I'm curious, but the link provided contains spoilers and no way to download it.

I'm always interested in taking on writing prompts regardless of nature and the fact this one is lewd only has me more curious.

I've seen scans of the rules on a vola room in the PDF share thread recently, but without a scan of the cards you can't play it.

Alright, everyone, it's time to creep yourself out. Here's the rules and the cards, uploaded on the space of sending:

file/kofyzi

I'm kinda interested in this, ngl.

Bump

Oh kurwa

Why does it have cards and shit?

This seems the kind of game that could just be a sort of weird text-based adventure, not needing its own materials.

.........we used to have writefags for this kind of stuff.

I am now sad.

>space of sending
Can someone tell me which one that is?

We should gather together and share our writing after, at least those who feel they did a good job and want to share.

Does this game works for males too or one should use a female persona if one was not gifted with the vaginas?

Sendspace dot com

The beast can be a he, she, it, they, whatever.
It's, basically, a writing prompt for smut

This too hilarious to be creepy. And not all that dissimilar from OPP's Beast.

Thanks based user. I'll be sure to make my experience available within 21 days. First play-through I intent to follow it exactly as proposed.

>"single-player rpg"

Thanks amigo

can anyone put this shit on pastebin or something? I'm a phonefag so I can't download it

>being this new

Solo RPGs have been around since the late 70s, noob.

snip li /SyYY

I'll try to play this seriously. I already made the day one. From now on, only one card per day.

>an erotic rpg for one
Isn't that just jerking off?

Yes, but with rules

I agree can someone post a pastebin

I'll do what I can

Reading through the rules and cards, this sounds like a legitimately interesting game. The concept is actually creepy as fuck when you factor in some of the cards, and I feel sort of unsettled at the moment. That's probably just nerves from the upcoming finals I should be studying for but still, fuck. The bit where the beast gives you some kind of disease and the beast is fucking pregnant and it actually lets you decide how to feel about it were especially unsettling.

Even though I've spoiled myself I sorta want to run this now. It's at exactly the right level of disturbing to be very interesting to me.

... For 21 days.

pastebin.com/wBijCFJC

Sorry if there's any mispellings or grammatical errors. I'm tipsy.

>Even though I've spoiled myself I sorta want to run this now. It's at exactly the right level of disturbing to be very interesting to me.

Yeah. Although it would be kinda hard to cut the cards out without reading them.

I'm definitely going to play this game.

Has anyone else filled out the beastionnaire?

Maybe we should fill this out together?

Funnily enough, if I imagine a woman playing this, I imagine a dark, intense erotic horror that pulls on the heartstrings and throws the player into emotional turmoil. If I imagine man, I think of a slice-of-life comedy in the same vein as Living with Monstergirl.

Been playing for the last couple of days, using myself and my home town as a basis rather than making up a character.

I've been writing for an hour per entry easily, and am currently a scabbed near-hobo with no friends. Last entry I let one of my old mates nearly die of exposure instead of outing myself, and I've been ignoring nearly every problem that fucking the Beast is causing. Not sure how I'm meant to last 21 days because this scenario has my fucked and I'm only on Day 10.

I'll fill it out with you.

>Funnily enough, if I imagine a woman playing this, I imagine a dark, intense erotic horror that pulls on the heartstrings and throws the player into emotional turmoil.
I'm imagining that for myself currently.

The Beastionnaire:

Its smell reminds of me of meat/wild flowers/faeces/oranges/a pond/dust/perfume/wet soul/rust/something else (what?)

It feels rough/silky/slimy/scaly/meaty/hairy/otherwise (how?) ___ to the touch.

I hide it: in the bathtub/in the attic/in the forest/under the bed/in the garage/somewhere else (where?)

I'm attracted and aroused by the Beast's ___.

I'm repulsed and disgusted by the Beast's ___.

I think of the Beast as she/this/he/they/it/ze/I don't know.

>The Beastionnaire:

I'll keep from imaging "The Beast" as just a name some guy gave his dick and play along.

>Its smell reminds of me of

wild flowers

>It feels ___ to the touch.

hairy

>I hide it:

in the forest

>I'm attracted and aroused by the Beast's ___.

Physique? Musk? Not sure.

>I'm repulsed and disgusted by the Beast's ___.

Violent temper? Drawing blanks again.

>I think of the Beast as an

It.

Intimidating physique and intoxicating musk. When it towers over me I feel small and helpless. It's odor is so strong when it enters my nostrils I can't think of anything else but the Beast. Sometimes when I'm outside, I think I smell it and become totally aroused.

Violent temper. It doesn't care whether I want to have sex or not. If I deny it or touch it the wrong way, it snarls and growls at me, but I know how to soothe the Beast. I can calm it down or get it to try new things if I touch it just the right way. Whenever it seems to distrust me, I do this to show that I mean it no harm.

I might have went too far. It's definitely fun to write for though.

>you will imagine engaging in sex acts with the Beast
Story of my life.

>Its smell reminds of me of

Oranges

>It feels ___ to the touch.

Slightly bumpy

>I hide it:

In the cupboard

Scent and taste

Seed

>I think of the Beast as an

It.

>I'm repulsed and disgusted by the Beast's Seed.
Hot

I really want to be surprised by the cards, but i'm struggling in how Im going to print and cut them without reading them.

Just don't look at them directly. You're bound to see some of them but just try to focus on the line/

Print 'em double sided and cut them from the back?
If you want to save ink, edit the back side and replace the images with a grid of lines on a white background, just to see where to cut.

Clever man, thanks

Is this how one summons a succubus?

Nah. Closer to the manifestation of a tulpa or something, but it's mainly more of a thought exercise.

I hope not.

One of the PDFs in the sendspace is double sided with all the cards on one side of the document and a grid/back on the other.

You've got me even more interested in playing. What's your beast like?

Late night bump.

Mine's basically just a dragon.

Mine's a succubi. I begin soft.

This is not an RPG, it's a really basic writing exercise that doesn't have any roleplay or game aspects to it...

>doesn't have any roleplay
You're literally pretending to be a character who's having a romance with a supernatural creature.

>or game aspects
It has rules.

Has anybody done their day 2 yet?

>Its smell reminds me of leather
>It feels scaly to the touch
>I hide in the garage
>I'm attracted to the Beast's tits
>I'm repulsed by the Beast's nails
>I think of the Beast as a she

Damn son, you're good at this. Write more about your Beast.

That's not role playing though, which involves some form of feedback. For a single person role playing experience you need to have something out of your control beyond "read this question and write about it if you want to or draw another if you don't." There has to be something to represent the beast or its reaction to your actions, so you can be put into the position of trying something and then reacting to the consequence. It's pretty much as close to role playing as pic related.

I got this one. Kinda' tough. Here's my bestie:
>Its smell reminds me of ozone
>It feels slimey to the touch
>I hide in the garage
>I'm attracted to the Beast's dark void, concealed between its tentacles, luring me into an responsobility free trance as it satisfies my carnal needs, catering to my primordial self.
>I'm repulsed by the Beast's effect on my individuality, constant erosion of my belives and truths.
>I think of the Beast as an it.

Actually, it's hidden in the bathtub. Forgot to change that one when I copy pasted.

I'd be afraid to hide it in my bathtub, any guest could just walk into the bathroom and who knows what would happen afterwards.

>some form of feedback

That's what the cards are, nerd. They restrict what happens and take control away from you.

Not that user but IMO that's moot because you're not restricted in imagining what the Beast is like. My Beast can easily be a hot succubus waifu which makes the whole thing not creepy at all, and my head automatically tries to imagine something pleasant rather than creepy unless I make an effort.

Nice concept but the execution is meh

Adding: it should have started with a questionnaire that doesn't give away the fact you're having sex with the Beast: this way you can build something that's genuinely scary to you. What does the monster look like? Why does it scare you? etc. etc.

And then the sex is introduced. Why do you have sex with something so creepy? Now that's how you make it challenging and creepy.

This desu

It's somewhat cthullian/water based. Imagine a tentacle with a gaping darkness between its numerous tentacles.

Occtopus , not tentacle. Im on a roll.

More like eight dicks. Maybe more as it grows.

There's literally no restriction whatsoever, they just hit on something you discuss in the diary entry. You control everything that happens except for knowing you are unable to stop yourself.

There's nothing here that actually restricts you to a role or challenges you to react much if at all. You control what the beast is and does, what your character is and does, and tell a linear narrative that can vary extremely little (there's 26 cards and you use 20 of them).

This is an interesting idea, forcing you to change if you pursued or if it found you and many other things. Like, taking Beauty and the Beast as an example and starting at just the relationship the first week is her putting up with his actions because she saved her father, she escapes and he saves her from wolves, then they get to know each other, then he lets her free because he feels guilt and accepts his cursed fate, and then she comes back because Gaston is trying to kill him.

I'm not saying the game needs to support that complex of a narrative, but if I am bathing in ooze every day because it makes me cum so hard I don't mind the madness it'd be nice to experience consequence beyond the most basic consequences of lust.

>If I am bathing in ooze every day because it makes me cum so hard I don't mind the madness it'd be nice to experience consequence beyond the most basic consequences of lust.
Have you watched the movie Let Me In? It's not sexual in any way, but it catches the love story with a monster perfectly IMO

I tried to roll randomly but then I changed her looks and smell to something else because it was boring.
I also rolled that I'm playing as a woman.

>I HAVE SEX WITH THE BEAST. IT’S A SECRET. Her smell reminds me of rain. She feels smooth and cold to the touch. I hide Her in the attic, where mom - bless her - can't go up anymore, though I'm more afraid She'll break her bonds and come down eventually. I’m attracted and aroused by Her beauty, like that of an inhuman marble statue, or one of those contemporary glass sculptures, thin, changing, pale and transluscent. I’m repulsed and disgusted by the Beast’s touch, though I can't help seeking it. It feels wrong, sick, I couldn't tell how. Like my skin is going to peel from my flesh. I think of the Beast as she, though I couldn't tell you why exactly. She's beautiful and lithe, and I suppose it feels right that She's... She. She can put on human faces, always mine, always mocking.

Thx

>Not that user but IMO that's moot because you're not restricted in imagining what the Beast is like. My Beast can easily be a hot succubus waifu

You can play it wrong, but you can't blame the game for not adding a rule that says "the word unsettling on the cover isn't a suggestion, make sure your beast makes you at least somewhat uncomfortable, stupid."

I mean, damn, it seems obvious to me that if you try to play any game in an unintended way that you know you won't like, then you're doing something wrong. But then I see people do that shit all the time on Veeky Forums.

Just finished writing up day 2. This is a lot of fun.

Maybe. It's all shitty writing done while I'm drunk. I'm sure your writing is better. What is your beast like?

Your Beast is super interesting. I would've never imagined the Beast as a supernaturally beautiful humanoid. That can be a different kind of horrifying all on it's own.

I like the concept, but it feels somewhat limited. I also don't want to feel like a dirty pervert by working on expanding it.

>I also don't want to feel like a dirty pervert by working on expanding it.
I think part of the point is to make you uncomfortable.

Why not just write your own story about monster sex? There's nothing this game adds to the idea but cards which act as both writing prompts and limitations to your idea of monster coitus.

Guidelines and gives you a more rigid schedule than none at all.

How's this an idea for a Beast?

>Intangible spirit, visible only to you.
>Looks like a large feline humanoid, claims to be a guardian spirit of your family.
>Phases through objects unless it makes a conscious choice to interact with them.
>Is very protective, in a heartwarming way, but sometimes intrusive by doing so.
>Wants the best for you but gets 'the best' and 'what I want' confused.

Needs to be more beastly. It really shouldn't resemble a healthy relationship.

What's wrong with a healthy relationship with something horrific? That's also not a very healthy relationship in that user's post.

I'm trying to write my entry and it's surprisingly hard. I don't really have a great conception of what the beast looks like in my head, or why I'd be fucking something horrifying.

Am I uncreative?

It's not very, but it could pass for one if your squint. And it's not a game about a healthy relationship, you'll see if you play through.

Possibly? As we grow up, the drudgery of life can grind the imagination away. Creativity is like a muscle, it needs to be exercised so it doesn't atrophy. All I can say is work at it, maybe look around for some media to cram in your brain that might help.

That's fucking Nekojishi, you absolute faglord

Was wondering how long it would take.

And how would you know about that exactly?

Does anyone know of any monster generators or some kind of interactive prompt that could be used to make a decent Beast? It feels as if the Beast used in this game/exercise should be something that taps into both horror and sexuality for the participant, but actually coming up with something scarousing on a personal level seems impossible.

Because I'm a faggot, you faggot. Also, Tiger is a jackass.

Well, you can do whatever you want with the game, but I think the idea intended by the author was more...Erotic Horror than monster girl. Like, something disturbing and alien with some allure that's not obvious.

I think the idea is to climb down into your subconscious and wave a flashlight over the dark corners of your brain that you don't visit very often. Generating a beast randomly is kind of missing the point, you're supposed to dredge one up from your own id.

>I think the idea is to climb down into your subconscious and wave a flashlight over the dark corners of your brain that you don't visit very often.

Yeah, which is why I decided to pass on the game. But I love the concept of the writing prompt. I just don't want to face certain things.

That's cool, I can totally see that. Maybe check out some of the other writing prompt games in here:

snip li /syYY

There's a very limited overlap of things that disgust or horrify me and things that will trigger any kind of sexual response from me. Narrowing it down to things that might arouse me and then running those things through something to make them more horrifying sounds like a good way to actually find something that fits the spirit of the exercise.

I guess I tried to follow that link wrong. I got nothing.

Yeah, but even then the character is seduced by the beast while fearing and loving the beast. The lack of any sort of mechanical feedback makes this not really feel like you are roleplaying a relationship at all.

Oops, I fucked it up. It should be /SyYY actually.

(I wish the trove maintainer would set up a snip li account and give the link a better name)

It's a Mega full of single player board games, RPGs, and gamebooks.

This is a really cool genre of stuff, actually. I'm going to have to try to find more "journal" games now.

Did someone post a pdf rip of the cards or is this just viral shilling?