>Duncans Playlist
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata#40k-errata
warhammer-community.com/?s=Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Last thread
It's a shitheap.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ijpw5JzQUDo
youtu.be/WjjRa6myM1k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm a little annoyed chaos marines only have 2 generic relics, it makes trying to do an unaligned oc warband harder than it needs to be.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ijpw5JzQUDo

Bolt weapons' sounds in this gives me a fucking boner!

Try 1 relic, 1 trait, 2 stratagems and 0 substations.

>Tfw IW traits/relics/strategems are all shit.

59:12

Shit to be bitter about, that what you wanted right?

>run whatever legion you like/fits best to your OC warband
>use that legions tactics, stratagem, warlord trait and relic, could even convert your own OC characters as counts as versions of named ones
>make up a cool explanation, have a sweet paint scheme and be an all round nice dude to hang and play with
>politely tell hard-on fluff fags and autists to fuck off, you play how you like
Its not that hard, tho.

Yeah but that WL trait.

no one cares. ti's time for the world eaters and black legion to stomp face.

GW is trying to phase out Undivided for some reason. Each god only gets 1 relic each discounting the legion relics, except Khorne, Khorne gets two because he's the poster child for some reason.

Snow kept the 40k players away from the store today. Feels bad, man.

But are they 20mm cannon rounds?

What is the best way for getting Lemartes into buff range of a Death Company squad when it charges?

If you've a Death Company unit will get a guaranteed first turn charge. If you go second, the deepstrike 3d6 charge strat will be the best bet for ensuring a charge.

The problem is that these strats only affect one DC unit, so Lemartes might get left behind.

Would it be best to deepstrike and leave a trail of guys back towards buff range once the charge has been made?

Would it be too lazy to take the heads of off some terminators and put on ork heads and just call them meganobz?

Depends on the quality of the paintjob.

What store?

still unpainted right now

Throw some ork shit on them and say their looted.

Yes, that's lazy as fuck but nobody's gonna stop you. Ork players are the underachieving little brothers of 40k.

Yes, put in some effort at least.

What would bet better for a small BA force in an Imperial Soup list, an Imperial Space Marine, or a Company Ancient with the BA relic.
My BA force is a 5-man Inferno Pistols/Meltagun Tac Squad, an Inferno Pistol Sang Priest, an Imperial Space Marine, a Rhino and a Sicaran Battle Tank.
I don't have too much in my list that'll hit any MCs hard other than the Imperial Space Marine, but I feel that a Company Ancient would go a long way to making the squad perform better over the course of the game.

>Average Necron player

Then make 'em more orky.
Glue on spikes with enemies heads as trophies.
Modify some of the bolters or power/chainfists with extra bits to look more orky.
Make the Terminator armor look "looted".
Individualise the models. The important factor with orks is that there isnt one boy that looks like the other.

>Imagine if every faction had a great unit's main weapon get -1ap better. It might just become the best weapon in their codex.
Did I miss something? Why are basilisks meme now?

"Hear that, son? The birth of a meme..."

Basilisks have no LoS issues. They are very reliable.

They are dirt cheap. 108 points for anywhere on the map lascannon profile attacks.

>manlet that feels the need to overcompensate by means of the "muh underdog" meme
>passive aggressive attitude towards even his own friends during a game
>hates taking losses, no matter how small, very bad at hiding how salty he is about said losses
>has the eyes of a muderous psychopath

This...this is all too familiar to the Guard players at my LGS...

I'm planning on using dark angels rules for mydudes even though fluffwise they're not a successor chapter or related to them in any way.

Based as fuck. He's living in your head rent free!

That's cool, I plan on taking a relic other than the Shart of the Archangel on my Flesh Tearers.

The true face(s) of 40k, meanwhile the Warhammer Community website is putting Idris elba lookalikes and supermodels front and center

If they tell you that you can use the Index for a unit you have that is not in the Codex (Company Veterans with Jump Packs, Company Chapion with Jump Pack, Novitiate with Jump Pack, and Librarian with Combi-plasma), then how do you determine the cost of an item like a jump pack if the cost of the base unit has changed? They tell you to use the Index Datasheet, but use the Codex point costs. It doesn't appear right now that anything has changed, but I just got home and started crunching for tomorrow and thought I'd ask the peanut gallery what it thought just in case it comes up.

Also, independent of the above, what would the Power Level of 5 Company Veterans with Jump Packs be? 9 or 10? Must increases to Power Level clock in at +1/five models, but the Company Veterans start at 2 models and are +1 for Jump Packs. If you pump them to 5 do you pay the +1 once (for all five guys) or twice (for the first 2 and again for the other 3)?

So if that pick was accurate they'd all be white males, 3 of them would be morbidly obese, one would have a MLP shirt on, one of them would be skinny with glasses and two of them would have neckbeards?

The jumpack is in the unit cost, doesn't have wargear points, so if a model didn't get a codex datasheet you use the index datasheet and any relevant points costs from the codex.
Using Chaos as an example since that's what I play, Daemonic Mount Characters didn't get codex datasheets, so I say I want a Sorcerer on a steed, that's 115 points, then all his wargear is available in codex so I use those points costs since you always use the most recent points.

I'm running IG; is the Executioner a decent variant on the Russ?

Pretty much...

Am I the only one here who loves the hell out of this thing?

So what would happen if a base Sorcerer dropped from 110 to 90? Would the sorcerer on a mount drop by 10 as well?

Yes.

Probably that thing looks retarded.

yes

Just an example. I have no idea how much Sorcerers cost now or in the Index.

I'm a DE player and even I fucking love Deathstrikes.

hahaha is this vid on youtube or behind the paywall?

My cock can only get so hard. Please.

youtu.be/WjjRa6myM1k
Here you go. Stare into the abyss

>Implying those look like supermodels
Theybare all based on actual people, who play 40k, user. I've seen pictures of them.

Anti-cover trait keeps getting better though. Shroudpsalm, plague roomba, terrain.

Why are Eldar always fucking good? I wish for an edition they could be shit.

Huh. I've never watched a video where I can feel the autism leaking out of my screen before.

Does a unit that moves 0" count as moving? Can you choose to advance, adding d6" to your M, but then not use any of that movement, to gain both a 4+ invuln and grim resolve rerolls for ravenwing? I'm guessing that the answer is no, because you have to "select a unit to move" before you roll for advance, and therefore even if you move it 0" you'll still have "selected it for movement."

Unfortunately no, GW isn't balancing models that don't get updated so they're phasing out the daemon mounts, which pisses me off since I converted three characters into mount characters.

Why not wish for other armies to keep up with them, you salty piece of shit.

To the Deathwatch bro from last thread, sorry I missed you but I'd say shield+bolter. Its aesthetically pleasing because they are both iconic and they are now cheap enough to tank for the heavy/special weapons dudes

Where I play it would look like this
>morbidly obese guys
>3 chads
>4 US marines
>skeleton
>Eugina Cooney look alike who plays EC

That doesn't combat the smug shitbag nature of the fucking player base though. Took 2nd place at my FLGS tournament, again, due to our local eldar player. So fucking obnoxious.

Everyone I know say the Eldar are shit and never field them.

anyone got last hunt or warmaster pdf or epub?

what armies do the jarheads play

Not that guy but whoever you play with is slaw.

Space Marines of course

Custo codex in Feb with termies & some love... will be so nice to crush them with mortal wounds

Dark Angles
Dark Eldar
Imperial Guard and SS colored primaris marines
Adeptus Mechanicus

>guide tells me to spray model grey
Plastic is already grey though... cheap ass fuckers just want money.

Well they ain't getting any of mine.

stats?

Mortal wounds were a mistake

stormraven ?

I have a question about the lore. If the story takes place in the 41st millenium why did they basically skip 28,000 years and have everything happen from 30,000 onwards? Feels a bit silly to compress everything into 10,000 years when they had 38,000 to work with.

>Mortal wounds were a mistake
My face after playing against Mortarion for gh3 first time

so?

he seems nice enough, just not that comfortable on camera.

You guys left out the tranny

Always remember Lemartes is Death Company so he is affected by his aura. I don't have him yet, but I was thinking I might deep strike the Death Company and use the Forlorn Fury on Lemartes so he is closer than the 9 inches the Death Company will be, but close enough to buff the unit.

Range 200". Roll 3d6 hits. Any hit is a mortal wound. Any unit within 6" of the target takes a mortal wound on a 4+

Look into Chris Chan

My store doesn't have a designated trap

afaik it was a random amount of years in the future and they ended up choosing 40k. stuff still happens between now and 30k but that's the setting

I ally guard and the only thing that applies to me is liking guard as underdogs

just put out a box held up with a stick, tie a rope to the stick.

There. Designated trap.

you poor bastard

Yeah, not very marketable

None of those qualities apply to him.

for me its
>a marine who plays SoB
>a army dude who plays all chaos
>chill af former hobo who plays GK
> 3 dark angel players (mostly black dudes)
>me a milennial who dyes his hair who plays chaos quard eldar and Necrons
> a dad of like 6 girls who plays 2 flavors of marines and renegade guard
>two painters one of which did Pic
>kinda neckbeards who play orks all the time

Wait so... Who blows everyone?

We have Death Metal Beard Guy, Asperger's Guy, Grizzled Old Neckbeard, Rules Autism Guy, Modeling Guy, Stoner Guy, and our shop is run by Strong Independent Woman.

Dunno why, but there's no reason why they couldn't explore the dark age of technology, the unification wars or the old night if they wanted to. it's not like 10k years is particularly restrictive though is it?

Mine does and it is great. She bakes cookies, dresses in skin tight leggings, smells great, rubs up on us, has blown at least like 3 people including me, and is a lot of fun to play against. You're missing out.

Try playing SoB, no support, no codex, no options, etc etc

Fucking marine fags and their super special snowflakes

Get. Gud.

user...Why did you make me feel worse about it than I already did

We get a lot of people who rotate in and out of the store or show up just for big events which have 60+ people in them, but on average there is 8 white guys for every non-white guy, 1 gal for every 50 guys, 50% over weight, 20% morbidly overweight, 20% buff, 10% skeletons.

What's wrong with this?

For me, if we had like 8 slots, it would be

>1 of the 3 Asians
>1 of the 2 Mexicans
>1 of the 2 Chads
>1 of the 3 short chubby/fat girls
>The tall fat tranny
>1 of the 2 super tall fat buff guys
>1 of the 5 really skinny guys with glasses
>1 of the 5 really fat guys with glasses

We have multiples of everything in the area except trannies and black people.

dam she THICC

huh in my store Death Metal Beard Guy, Grizzled Old Neckbeard, Modeling Guy, Stoner Guy, and Strong Independent Woman are all the same person, c'ept she doesn't have a beard