Was Nausicaa a thrallherd?

Was Nausicaa a thrallherd?

max dex/int/wis/cha aristocratic hottie in a post-apocalyptic world
also kickass warrior/scout

Every person she meets seems willing to sacrifice their lives for her minutes after meeting her.

just a ranger more or less.

at least in the movie. i've never read the manga.

Except for the General and her subordinate...

Her subordinate was hilarious: "Teach these rabble some crowd control! Drop a bomb on them!"

I'd highly recommend the manga. The movie takes scenes from the manga and uses them to make it's own story. The manga is longer, and has more depth to its politics. Adds in ancient computers and AI. Also, slightly confusing at times. Morrowind's Ashlanders took inspiration from the tribes/clans in it, as well as the idea of areas that are hostile to life.

And the movie hardly gets anywhere. I recall they don't even leave the Valley in it, and that's pretty much just an intro in the manga.

Actually the story in the movie spends a bit of time in Peijet (spelling?) where the Ancient Warrior was discovered, as well as in the Toxic Jungle. (Lord Yapa spends some time checking out abandon towns that have been overtaken by the Miasma too.) But you are correct that the majority of the story in the movie takes place in the Valley of the Wind.

And she's telepathic, too...

Fuck, this makes entirely too much sense.

he voiced Xan in bg

This is how i thrallherd

Lord class

She's got way too much shit going on to be constrained to a class based system let alone a single class.
As the other user said the mango is vastly different from the movie. I'm like 80% sure most of the movie is covered in the earliest chapters of the mango. Without any of the context.

Short answer: yes.

Canonically she is in fact a thrallherd.

General had massive buffs, subordinate had no mind to control.

There are like 7 volumes and the movie ends essentially where volume 2 ends, also the manga goes in an almost completely different direction in volumes 6 and especially 7, id almost call it a plot twist

This is just being realistic. In real life qts with intelligence, useful skills, and earnest, friendly attitudes have Mind control powers, their influence is so strong

Why do manga like this have to end but stuff like One Piece goes on and on?

shit, I realized OP fans are going to be mad at me. I'm not disparaging OP. It just doesn't seem fair why some manga enjoy incredible success and others don't. OP is okay but I was engrossed in Nausicaa in a way that hardly any other manga does for me.

Because Miyazaki knows how to write a story, rather than an epic.

So, she's a DMPC?
Though Yupa is a very strong character as well, Asbel and his companions would probably be the PCs.

Kuratoga actually risks himself for Nausicaa couple of times, though one time he seems to resist it. "Wait a minute, I should be saving Kushana instead".

Mostly because publishers hold them hostage and tell them to keep making it, because things like one piece never stop making them money. Naausicaa was probably made before that model existed.

No.

There are very specific and real reasons she can do what she does, and she's not unique.

Yupa is the scariest motherfucker in that entire world, and I'm even including Kushana's bigger, scarier brothers that make her look like a piker in that.

Kurotawa is much more developped in the manga and he definitely has a mind of his own.

As I remember, only the first two volumes of the manga were made when the movie was released.

Because all good things end in time.

I'll take a good, compact and self-contained story over a franchise every day of the week.

Now that you mention it, yeah. Nausicaa was the first time I ever experienced the Void. That feeling when you realize the story is over and there will never be any more but you want it to go on.

God I hate thrallherd threads.

What's offensive about this thread?

Nothing, but it's only a matter of minutes before fags with fetishpics come and start shitposting, like it always happens.

>thread has been up for 8 hours
any minute now

You trying some reverse psychology shit here?

What's wrong with a little mind control in RPGs?

who the fuck makes comic panels go in clockwise order? this makes absolutely no sense.

It's not an order, you twit, it's a 'which do you like' number set.

>And she's telepathic, too...

That’s likely no telepathy, it’s implied to be geneticaly engineered biological wireless communination system.

It's still clockwise

Nah there is strait up magic after some point. Indistinguishable technology or otherwise. The astral projection used by the vat man is straight out folklore, complete with the don't move him or the soul will get lost stipulation. Though I think while that was mentioned he was on a plane, so I guess that could have been straight up in setting bullshitting.

Still nothing

no, miyazaki just aint play that shit

Dude makes what HE wants and thats that

so telepathy

Can someone spoil the plot of the manga?

I never cared enough to read it since I loathe the style of manga as a medium but I'm curious about the plot.

I read the whole thing 7 years ago, and I just don't remember

it wasn't memorable at all

nausicaa finds her male counterpart, who is basically a druid in the forest
asbel gets with a hot regular girl
yupa dies
there's a cactus troll
"who do you want me to kill, master?"
some big ancient city/laboratory
fat manlet psychopath emperor shows up, wishes nausicaa could be his waifu
something something high tech magic
i dont remember the ending
frankly I liked the movie better, though this is about the only time for me where that's the case, except maybe lotr