>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>Previous Threads:

Did the last thread get nuked because of the guy who got weed in the mail?

how new are you

When you do a conversion or add extra things to your models, do faggots say that it’s targetable by those extra doo dads? So long as it’s the core body that I aim from wouldn’t that be fair? It’s my biggest fear is to not get carried away with the modeling so that I’m not screwing my self.

That was clearly basing material.

Snuck this in as the last post in the last thread so I'm gonna repost it here

I'm going to start working on my first major conversion soon, anyone have a recommendation on plasticard? I've never purchased before so I don't know if there are big quality differences or not, first thing I get from Google is a GF9 pack.

>conversion
hopefully not
>extra things attached
certainly not

Don't do that. Plastruct or Evergreen (there isn't a big difference between the two). Hit up a model railroad or generalist hobby shop, they'll have one of the two in stock.

Anyone got any idea what this is made of? Google is only finding fucking pinterest. Dark Elf Witches?

probaby plastic or resin. Possibly metal or epoxy putty

looks to be a converted demonette

evergreen plastics is also good, they pack ther plastic per thickness so you can buy specific shit you want, they're from the us iirc. you can get it at your local modelling store for relativly cheap

gf9 sells varity pacs get one ofe sheets, tubes/beas and rods each and you can build yourself anything

looks like a powersword hilt with a chainsword, dunno about the rest though

Jeremy in Olympia,WA your package has been sent. should arrive on Tuesday of this week.

hope it gets to you fast!

If user doesn't want that 'basing flock' he could always cut a candle in half, put it in and melt the candle closed, and mail it to me.

I promise I will use some for /wip/ (and to sleep. Yaaay mental illness and sleep medication giving me sleep paralysis)

So, would it be confusing if I, instead of using transfers, denoted the company/squad/unit type on my marine's right pauldron? I could quarter it and do something like heraldry in a shield or something. Or would it look overdesigned since my Greenwing marines are quartered.

friendship with goblin green has ended

>quartered unit markings on quartered marines
Make sure you paint the base in quarters and glue quarters to the underside of the base

Thanks for the tips, guess it's time to go find the hobby superstore I've been hearing about in town.

And just so I know what I'm looking for, the general term is Styrene, correct?

I've had some people try and pull that, its annoying because you want to play the game, but they are just un-budging in there belief.

>glue quarters to the underside of the base
Well, I handled my first pewter model recently and I like the weight a lot more so I have to weigh the plastic ones down with SOMETHING.

Valhallans are best guardsmen, good choice

Correct. Assuming you don't already have some, you'll want to pick up some model cement too. I like Tamiya extra thin, but nothing wrong with Testors or Revell.

I would love to play a GvG game.

Finished these guys today. I might end up tidying up the gears on the left one's robe, but they're decent for tabletop right now.

Alright, for starters which game will you be playing? 7th ed 40k and previous editions said only the actual model, not extra things like flags and what not, tournaments also tended to enforce a conversion rule that the conversion needs to have a similar profile to the original so it can be seen the same as the original as far as LOS is concerned. 8th ed 40k has seriously fucked up that rule by removing it and having all parts of the model now count. Either way I still convert a ton and aim for having the model be similar enough in profile.

New thread so reposting, Singapore user your package has been sent and I have a tracking number for you if you would like. Should arrive in 6-10 business days.

On a different note anyone else get sassed at the post office for not being familiar with how to mail things because you never use the mail and are somehow fucking up by not doing so and preferring electronic methods of communication?

>MFW I ordered a set of death guard rhino doors on the 16th and they still aren't here

That weapon the plasma guy has looks like [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I thought I would be, but fortunately my post office had an automatic kiosk and drop off so the only person I had to interact with was my brother who tagged along. He did bully me, though.

>actually playing with people who insist they can shoot your dude because they can see a sliver of his back banner

>round 2 is already starting, and I haven't heard nor seen anything from my round 1 partner
>Don't want to be an asshole and accuse someone of grinching in case things are taking a while
At least the user I sent stuff to enjoyed his gift

Ah, thanks for the heads up, I didn't even stop to consider my plastic glue wouldn't work on literally everything. That would have been a very annoying lesson to learn.

I wouldn't worry about it user, my guy lives across town, so I'm waiting to ship it out till next week

God fucking damn Skitarii have such cool models.

Through forgeworld or no? If forgeworld you should have a tracking number in the email confirmation, check the tracker to see what's up and then contact forgeworld and they will work on fixing the problem, last guy I know that this happened to ended up getting new models express shipped from FW and then the originals showed up another week or 2 later so he ended up with doubles of everything he ordered. If not FW, check if there's and tracking number and make peace with the seller not giving a fuck since it's not technically the seller's problem

I miss dark TG. Why did they take it away?

That knight is kickass, what pieces make up his arms? I can't place them.

Oh, if you've already got plastic glue you're all set. Not everyone knows it's the best to use on the stuff, though.

Does anyone know how gorilla glue goes for resin and plastic? I got some for SS but I dunno if it'll work

what you mean the tomorrow style?

For the most part plasticard is plasticard. Gf9 is a reputed brand. Evergreen plastics is another.
Try also searching for styrenesheet. Its another name for the same stuff.
If you have local model railway store they're often a great source of various plasticard sheets and bits, textured or plain.

Lord of Skulls

Yea, I'm just retarded. I posted that then recalled they have that option to change the style.

That would be the last stuff I would use. It's for porous surfaces, and the foam that builds up makes for a weak bond.

Ah, gotcha gotcha.

Yeah, turns out there was a nice store just near where I was out shopping today. Looks like I need to make the trip downtown again soon.

It's okay my baby boy. Do good my friend

>gotcha gotcha

Are you the other North Carolina user?

should I just get him some of the model cement then? I need it to be full, he's getting some Death Guard n Scouts plus a few other goodies tim tams n some other stuff

Thats a dark elf witch with green stuff sculpted hair and outfit.

Superglue or epoxy for resin, model cement for normal plastics.

I'm indy user that recently moved from SoCal. I don't know what that says about my colloquialisms.

I've used GG super glue and it works fine on plastics, the liquid might become thick after a couple of months or at least the last batch I used did. The big kicker with sending glue is if it's packed in an odd way, the container could burst or leak

I didn't spring for the express shipping which was more expensive than the order itself, so no tracking number.

is using an old toothbrush with soapy water gonna do the trick for cleaning the resin? I might put my old one that I use in there
I mean it's still unopened and in it's packaging, so it should be fine

Hell yes soapy water will clean resin.

My family is from both Indiana and NC.

Both states are the only ones I've ever heard people say 'gotchagotcha' in response to stuff. But they're also eerily similar in a lot of other things too. (Cheap tobacco, conservative without being Georgia-levels of it, same kind of rednecks, both the hardy good folk and the dumb dip-chewing, mud-trucks-that-never-mud, rap country faggots)

Odd stuff.

Call their customer support then. Just checked my emails from FW from the last time I ordered something and it only had an order number and the email only confirmed the date it was shipped out so my bad on the tracking number advice. I completely agree with how expensive express is and never use it as a shipping option

Anybody know a good way to get this carapace?
I wanted to use this color for the GSC army I'm starting

Wraithlord

Strakin green over castellian green I would say.

and spiritseer buddy

White looks like pallid witch flesh, chittin looks like kabalite green, then hit the whole model with a green wash

I'd probably do it stegadon scale as a base and gradually add ulthuan grey

Is there an easy-to-use Space Marine or Imperial Guard painter ?

Huh, very interesting stuff. I honestly couldn't tell you where I picked it up.

>TFW the key item to your secret santa was out of stock so you're having to wait til the 15th in hope they restock it like they say they will.

What do if your entire box is themed around an item and you can't get it?

Made of whore and cuckolds thinking masculine women are sexy.

It's clearly a custom sculpt[/spoiler

Do you mean someone you want to pay to paint your models or someone to teach you how to paint? If you want to learn how to paint better, just follow the links in the OP to the megauploader with pdfs on painting and follow the youtube link for a good painting tutorial channel. Guessing you are a non-native English speaker.

All that amazing OOP terrain, why GW why

It's not supposed to be opened on Christmas day you dolt. It's supposed to be opened before then so we can all enjoy the christmas giving.

Most of us won't be here christmas day if everyone saves it for then. And you're risking shitty post making it post-christmas

Noob question from a guy who never painted before.

Suppose I paint Layer 1->Layer 2->Layer 3 consecutively, completely covering the layer below. How much the layers underneath are 'visible' after painting the 3rd layer down? I mean, how much the layers underneath affect the overall tone?

>TFW your meme is still being used
>TFW no one remembers how gay it was

Well he lives like 15 miles away on the same island as me, and Monday of this week isn't gonna take that long plus I painted a Chaos Land Raider box to ship it in and I need to make sure he can't tell

You would be amazed at how long the post can still take to get to him. As creepy as it might be, I would probably just drop the package off on his door step rather than deal with postal services

Hey how fast are you guys at painting? Between school and work I get 3 figures painted a week and it's killing me. I want to play so bad, but I'm not gonna show up to my FLGS with a half grey army

I'm considering that, but I'm about as covert as a pride parade through the middle of saudi arabia

It's funny, I find smoking weed and then painting helps me paint better, and the models look nicer.

Anyone painting any Blood Bound? In dire need of inspiration.

Thinking of painting them something like picrelated, but I'm not ready to commit just yet. A box of Blood Bound shit is in the post and probably won't be here till Tuesday, but I do have a Slaughter Priest that I wanna get started on.

>Not showing up to his door dressed as santa or johnny
come on user

>santa
You might have just given me an idea user
but coats get hot in hawaii

Im lucky to build the motivation to paint more then 1 model a month, but I'm a shift worker who likes to lift, so my free time is pretty limited.

swear to god if you're at rochefort I'm having your ass come down for coffee

Try again friend. Hickam, but I'm still down to hang out.

I have a squad of Eldar I've been working on for 6 months. I hope to finish them within another 6 months, but I'm not sure.

You still paint faster than I do when I'm not snorting adderal or chong'd out of my mind..
Was collecting for 2+ years before my first game, because I didn't wanted to be That OTHER Unpainted Tau Guy. No big suits helps with it, but my 70 Fire Warriors still have 20 unpainted, most of my drones don't have their domes painted with Sept symbol, and my Crisis Suits took ages because they annoy me. Got most of my conversions painted though, except the stuff I'm still green stuffing. (Knarloc, Piranha with underslung OOP railguns to proxy as Broadside)

I dread converting up my Kroot Scavenger team, because I'm pretty sure Necromunda wouldn't have rules for them and Kill Team seems to be nonexistent

takes me about 3 weeks to a month to get a single mini painted. I wish i could paint faster

>covert
>johnny

Obligatory.

Usually each layer has a little less coverage each time, with the final layer only being on the high points while the darker layers still show in the recesses. Giving you a gradual transition from shade to highlight.

Maybe when I'm off doubles
I would love to see a tiger striped johnny

>doubles

Gross.

what chapter is that?

>TFW been painting space marines in that sort of camo lately

All I need is a Johnny. Don't let us down Santa-chan

Took me about two weeks to paint five Orks, about six-seven hours of total painting time.

Hey, youre not me!

[SQUAD BROKEN's internally]

>what chapter is that?

Space Wolves. It's one of the many fantastic Russ Nicholson illustrations that accompanied the First Edition Space Marine army list in White Dwarf 105.

I will never not find chuckle whenever I see those heads

>Complain while at work
>It was in the mail when I got home
Feels good man is that badge genuine or a copy because if it's genuine this is literally the best

finals are killing me but usually i get done a five man squad done in 2 weeks, but like i can also have those weeks where i go ham and just paint up a solid 20-30

Hey, Ewa Beach (Oahu) user, are you like an animal rights activist or anything? Would you be upset if I sent you furs? I don't want to send you a expensive fur if you won't really care for it. (Sounds weird but im Asatru and its yule, have to complete the image)