Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/changeling-the-lost-2nd-edition
theonyxpath.com/one-of-a-kind-deviant-the-renegades/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/no-spring-skips-its-turn-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Have you ever had romance in your games?
>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/all-souls-day-preview-geist-the-sin-eaters/
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/variations-on-a-theme

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/of-family-friends-and-hunting-original-story-set-in-the-new-world-of-darkness.42867/
podcast.darker-days.org/e/83-hedge-funding/
sendspace.com/file/9ek9lp>Half
sendspace.com/file/cq0x2w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just me again, that thread went by quick! Still up for questions, so feel free to ask.
forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/of-family-friends-and-hunting-original-story-set-in-the-new-world-of-darkness.42867/

What the fuck kind of image is that. World of Dungeons & Dragons?

Where is that OP picture from?

It's from Fables. Struck me as very Changeling.

Far as I can tell, fables. The same book series that The Wolf Among Us was based on, IIRC.

Yes. Yes I would like daveb to nerf mages and perhaps even go so far as to make his forum signature into something about how the nerfs to mages are the wages of magefaggotry.

Why the hell didn't you people tell me about gilded cage earlier? This is pretty much perfect, not just for vamp games but as a primer on weird political dealings in general, which is good because I'm kinda shit at it

Before dumb arguments devour this thread.

Hunter players, do you have any good tricks or plans you've pulled? Real clever shit, pulling one over on the monster. I love those kinds of stories, the needing to think on your feet is what makes Hunter fun.

I can provide my own stories of trickery if anyone cares.

New episode is out where interview the Ctl2e developer podcast.darker-days.org/e/83-hedge-funding/

Hey, random question for both vampires and promethians. Given the weird nature of their bodies, do either of them digest/dissolve things in their stomach? Could one in theory cut their chest open and store something in there?

yeah, they probably could store something in their chest, as long as it didn't obstruct the heart (in the vampires case).

Though it would almost definitely cause a humanity breaking point.

No idea about Prometheans

I've been trying to run a Sorcerer game with some friends, but it went cold and died. In an attempt to re start that, I've been trying to read books with similar magic systems to give me ideas on what to do.

Does anyone have suggestions on good group adventures to do in this system? and books to base it off of?

Vampire can try that but his body will try to throw it out during daysleep

Anyone has this new half-dammned book? I heard writers forgot they are not writing masquarade expansion(on the brightside they forgot to put Beast in crossover section)

I like mixing sorcerers/psychics with a hunters hunted game

>extremely prideful demon (infernal) is setting himself up in town
>driving people to ruin through extortion and supernatural legal shenanigans
>lure into a fight in his own boardroom with petty vandalism
>guy is a physical powerhouse
>face him alone, use Mark of the Beast to become almost a werewolf for a few rounds
>he still wins will ease, beating my character to pulp, but it forces him to Flame On and become a man-sized Balrog basically
>good thing this guy spared no expensive with his fancy-ass HQ, as the sprinklers turn on immediately
>our priest has already consecrated the water supply
>demon burns under a rush of holy water

lmao holy shit those fucking Geist "why you came bcak" things are overlapping like crazy

literally all of them are "something in the world keeps you anchored" and yet that's also somehow Hunger's thing

Have you ever used anything God-Machine related in your stories other than when playing demon? How did it go?

Demon was recouring npc in my vtr game. It ended with local lance sanctum getting their ass kicked and demon getting dragged back into god machine

Is that surprising? OPP loves their touchstones.

Kindly requesting it. user said yesterday it was leaked. Kudos!

Yeah, I thought this would happen.

Any links for Half Damned yet?

>God is a high Celestine associated with the Weaver.
>Elohim are Incarna of God.
>God uses but did not create the Abyss, where Fallen are imprisoned and Lasombra channel from.

Can this work, Veeky Forums?

according to demon the fallen:
god is a girl, and she is a bitch.

maybe keep it ambiguous if the lasombra abyss is the same as the demon one, or just have them be related?

im not sure if it would work as the same place.
as it is, the obtenebration place is not a formless thing. strange shit lives there, and you can actually travel there and explore apparently (although this may not be the wisest of choices).

>Legacy of Lies

sendspace.com/file/9ek9lp>Half Damned

sendspace.com/file/cq0x2w

Anyone have the final version of A Thousand Years of Night with the included errata?

Half-Damned was meh.

>Half-Damned was meh.

I agree, but at least it dealt with the topics presented and had some semblance of balance between fluff and crunch. It was far better than the unreadable fluff shitstorm of Secrets of the Covenants or the incomplete, misleading and errata-ridden piece of crap of A Thousand Years of Night.

Rose used to be quite good as a developer, but either she or the new co-developer are now crap.

Vampires were afraid of mages in masquerade
Does this still hole true in requiem?

Yes. No. I think? If they know about them, yes. If not, their loss/funeral.

Vampires don't fear humans.

Until it's too late.

Were the mechanics bad? I too was really disappointed in Secrets of the Covenant, i decided to just use the 1e Covenant books and using only the new crunch.

Thousand Years of night was really a disappointment, the only things that were worth something were the writeups for Julii, Pijavica and Akhud

In CofD, there are no inherent conflicts among the various splats. However, vampires are well aware that other supernaturals are not the sheeple they usually feed upon and bully. Mages, werewolves, etc., are always best avoided (unless you want something different for your chronicle).

Nevertheless, based on canon setting and mechanics, a vampire foolish enough to try to involve mages in their vampire shenanigans, no less attach the Wise, will almost certainly have a short and painful requiem.

No they weren't. Every clan opinion on them was either
>pshhhh, they're a myth
or
>eh, whatever

>Were the mechanics bad?

Half-Damned was not too bad. It was simply "meh," particularly when we know that WW is capable of more inspiring work as seen in many 1e supplements.

However, judge for yourself. The link to the book is in an earlier post.

It's canon that they do

What book was that from?

It sounds very 1e.

It is 1e, yes. Though it doesn't exactly dissuade what we already know of in 2e, now does it?

>Gaia after a Wyrm induced period
Thanks for the advice user. Other disciplines that interact with realms outside Earth are pretty much covered apart from that.

Nice. Creative use of his bane too.

>Pack of Werewolves have been wreaking havoc, we skirmished with them before, killing one, but setting their alpha on a warpath
>Two of us take the fastest fucking dirtbike we can find, and get into a good sniper's position.
>Squeeze off two silver bullets into the first good target we get
>Fucking book it
>Back to an abandoned ski lodge we'd scouted out before
>Get inside and slam the doors only a few minutes ahead of the pack, which definitely has our scent
>When the now 4 strong pack tears open the door like tissue paper they find us standing there smugly with an industrial fan, and a sack of something
>That something being silver shavings (god bless having a cellmate with lots of dots in resources and contacts)
>Use our readied actions to turn the fan on, and throw the shavings in front of it
>Has the effect of super tear gas on the woofs
>We scatter and begin unloading into them like it's Armageddon
>Sorta home-alone-d the lodge as well, the now in pain and blinded werewolves attempt to run a gauntlet of traps in order to get us
>Only one of them manages to get into striking distance, and he was so banged up he missed his swing, and got a shotgun blast to the chest for his troubles

We felt pretty good about that one, even if it took about a week of in-game prep to pull off.

Is it possible to have a Hunter cell with characters from multiple compacts/conspiracies?

It's possible, the hardest part is explaining why they're all together, but it's certainly possible.

What's the worst dark era?

I'd be interested in hearing, assuming the one that was just listed wasn't already you. I'm not sure if this counts, but my group has some very nice moments of incredibly delicate diplomacy and bargaining and so on
>Cell recently ended up finally killing a strix (I like using antagonists of the antagonists as it adds more to work with)
>Local prince catches on, decides they know to much and need to go
>One figures out someone is following them, ends up in a sort of confrontation
>Come up with an idea
>Point out that, since the only way to kill a strix for good is by using their bane's on them and most of those (fire, sunlight) are also deadly to vampires, the vampires are likely to keep fighting the strix for literal centuaries, or else risk losing many of their own
>The hunters on the other hand have abundant expierence with burning things to death
>They could wipe out multiple in just a few years, something it would take the vampires ages to do
>And if they screw up then they just die anyway, which is no skin off the vampires teeth
Other notable examples include mediating between two werewolf groups to try and stop an all out war from breaking out

Strix are really hard to kill, particularly since they often possess vampires and dead bodies and in their natural form at nothing but near impervious shadow-stuff. Sunlight and fire usually just slow them down unless the attacker can very, very precisely control the banes (without killing the hunters).

The only reliable means means to deal with Strix in my chronicle are mages with Death and Forces to control shadows or fire and sunlight, respectively.

Assuming they're not total dickwads, would a Moros/Obrimos be a total bro to have on a vampire's side?

Interesting proposition, I just hope your hunters keep their guard up for the inevitable backstab or seduction attempt coming their way from the vampires.

And yeah, I got plenty of stories to share, I've played in two pretty long running Hunter campaigns Although one of those was set on MtG's Innistrad, so I probably won't start with those to avoid confusion as well as a few one shots. I'd like to think we've pulled off a few moments of cunning.

Mages befriending other supernaturals is an impossiblity.

First, being a total dickwad is part of the mage template. There's no avoiding it. Mages are not "bros" with the walking dead.

However, if vampires are experiencing a dire strix infestation, bargaining with the local Wise is certainly an option. The costs may be high, and *nobody* likes a nosy and obsessed wizard poking around,, but the cost-benefit certainly favors a deal.

LIAR

Mages don't just become douches upon awakening

What he was getting at is that the 'normal' way of killing them, like just shooting them a bunch or whatever, doesn't kill them at all. They get ejected from the host but can easily just scurry off and find another, the strix itself is unharmed. The only way to kill them for good is by ejecting them straight into one of their bane's and then having them take full health damage from that. So for instance locking one in an incenerator or something. Which is obviously harder for vampires to do because of their weakness to most of the things strix are weak to. The hunters proposition was to let them handle it since they actually have a shot of doing so, and a couple of other concerns like powerful strix just flat out taking over a vampire sent to kill them.
Oh they were. Hell the guy who made the offer didn't plan on following through at first, it was just to buy them some time to get themselves extra breathing room and then figure out their next step from there

The obsessive personality necessary to awaken means most mages were douches before awakening. However, after gaining their supernatural Obsessions and god-like power, douchiness is virtually assured.

>Mages don't just become douches upon awakening

Aren't you the sweet summer child, user.

If you tell yourself that often enough, maybe one day you'll actually believe it. In the interim, mages will continue to be the douch-lords they've been for thousands of years.

How many dots in Death to make/enslave an army of strix minions?

Hmm I dunno if I would be so gung ho as a hunter about going against strix. Considering average strix can do what average vampire can and than some.

This is sidetrack for me but to be honest I do not really like strix as antagonists. They are chore to deal with and they do not bring much to the story imho

It requires more Death (or Mind) to enslave Strix than to simply control their shadow-stuff bodies.

>hey do not bring much to the story imho

Strix are spooky evil shadow owls. How can you possibly not like spooky owls, no less ones that screw around with vampires for shits and giggles?

Trying to out-deceit the vampires, bold strategy cotton.

Although dealing with all but the mightiest elders should be pretty easy once your cell has killing Strix down to a science.

Imho for vampire personal enemy works better. Someone who you talk to, grow to hate and oppose all over the course of campaign.

Strix are just lolchaoticevil monsters. They are woof antagonists and you need to kill them before they lay eggs. That is it really

Well for one they really weren't, it was sort of a plan to get the vampires off their backs by lying through their teeth about it in the hopes of buying time to figure something out. And for two like most everything else, strix are modeled by riping random dread powers and other mechanical bits from the splat books I find interesting and throwing them into a big mush. Still deadly but I'm not sure off the top of my head how they'd stack up against a normal one, been a while since this bit happened.

This. They're not even as creepy as the actual woof antagonists, like the Azlu. They're just sorta... there.

In fact, none of the Requiem antagonists are really any good.

So after little bit of consideration I noticed that Changelings can go Phantom Thieves of Heart in 2e. Biggest hurdle is going to be the fact that "change of heart" 100% counts as Clarity attack to thieves but seems worth it.

There are many kinds of Dickwaddery. Some of them allow for a functional relationship between Mages and Vampires. An overbearing parent figure might decide they know what's best for the Vampire's moral development. An doubly evil Mage might make use of Vampire's Paradox-free powers and vice-versa, and they join together to be Dickwads to Kine.

They're Deadites. How is that not fun?

DEAD BY DAWN! DEAD BY DAWN!

>personal enemy works better. Someone who you talk to, grow to hate and oppose all over the course of campaign.

>Mages

Well, judging by the examples from Mage 2Ed, they have to be kind of nuts to Awaken in the first place.

Sorry, I meant this poster:

>Have you ever had romance in your games?

My hunter got ghoul'd by a Daeva. I think that counts?

Thankfully 2e fixed stupid shit like this.

>Strix are just lolchaoticevil monsters. They are woof antagonists and you need to kill them before they lay eggs. That is it really
They're the demon from Fallen. They possess humans, ghouls, vampires and corpses.

That's "romance" like rape is just "surprise sex."

>Vampfans...

I never said it was willing or consensual on my hunter's part. I later managed to kill said Daeva, and my hunter died in the process.

But it is about the closest I have gotten to any sort of romance in a WoD game. Mostly because the ST knows I don't really like them happening to any of my characters, unless they're just cliffnotes of character's background.

Vampires are rape factories. Their disregard for free will and consent would shock the conscience of a master Mastigos.

Brood and VII after reading their "covenant" books were fine. Strix as they were worked fine in the context of Wicked Dead book(thou there was better stuff in that book)

I do have two vamp-mage friendly relations in my games. Tho they interact mostly when they bump into each other since neither really has time to hang out

Why are you using my posts to bring up your weird obsession with non-related splat?

>conscience of a master Mastigos.
A what?

>Ronin Garou
>Falls in love with a Glade Child
>Tree the Glade Child is bound to is chopped down in a lumber operation
>Breaks the Veil and massacres lumberjacks
>Other party members hunt him down.
>Ronin becomes BSD and NPC

>conscience of a master Mastigos.

Doesn't exist.

To be fair, you have to feel sorry for the Daeva when they become obsessed over you.

It's not their fault, really. Just show them the necessary comfort before bailing. Or die, lovingly.

Why do I need to feel sorry for a corpse that borderline raped me?

Do they become obsessed after only one feeding?

>implying rape needs to be involved

It's their Clan curse. They need you by their side. It's hearbreaking. Worse still that they'll eventually kill you, but not by their intent. They lead fruitless unlives.

Daeva tend to be promiscuous. If they feed from you more than once they become overtly reliant on you, and only you. Until you die or turn.

They get the one free feeding per individual, then after that it's suddenly Mirai Nikki up in here.

>On their second and further drinks from the same source,
roll Humanity. Failure causes the Persistent Dependent Condition
toward the mortal (see p.302). The Condition only goes away with the
mortal’s death. For this reason, Daeva tend toward either remarkable
promiscuity, or they cultivate massive harems and herds.

promethean's are very good at storing things inside themselves. Don't do it without being set up for it however, promies can eat almost anything organic and that doesn't bode well for your secret files.

Yo /wodg/, I'm playing in an Opheus chronicle, and I feel useless in combat as a Wisp. Any ideas on things I can do?

no bulli daeva

Speaking of Daeva and their clan weakness, I have a question.

Let's say the Daeva does develop this weird blood bond to whichever human they were feeding on and the human is fully accepting of it as well, for whatever reason. They then take off together to some shack in the God-fuck of nowhere, alone with each other.

How long could said Daeva survive feeding on just one human? How often do they need to feed? How quickly can said human replenish the blood in their body?

The human will die. Blood donations require you to wait 6-8 weeks before another donation.

>implying rape is never not involved when an undead parasite steals your lifeblood

Feeding deals 1l per point taken. Vampire spends 1v per night to get up. Humnas regain 1l per day I think(someone correct me).
Young vampire can support himself of animals tho so if you want to start farm in kansas you sorta kinda can work something out

Red cells need about four to six weeks for complete replacement.

Rape wouldn't be on their mind. They prefer the Kiss over actual sex.

I think he is meming about how Kiss=rape

>implying that the Kiss isn't rape

>beats me by five seconds
Damn.

So does this mean a Life mage would make the perfect boyfriend/girlfriend for a Daeva

Bonus points if they have Death/Forces ?

Life mage can probably make super cow that produces human blood and regenerates like a werewolf so yeah