>Duncans Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=f55RlA9mVec

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata#40k-errata
warhammer-community.com/?s=Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Last thread
don't bother

First for the Drukhari!

For Sanguinius and the Emperor!

I played in a toys for tots charity tournament today and killed the swarmlord with a bomb squig. It was a good day

Third for vulnerability=rocks

Why are T'au gunlines so much worse than Guard gunlines? Is it just that they dont have the sheer weight of fire that IG do? You would think it would be balanced out by having 6 more inches and 2 more strength but it never seems to.

IG have better support.

No orders and no lascannons.

Poasting my Brotherhood Champion. Dunno how I'm gonna attach the stormbolter yet. I may just throw WYSIWYG to the wayside this time so I don't mess with the model TOO much.

Harder to break through, because they can't spam 4ppm bodies.

IG has a codex and Tau were overnerfed.

You have to fight whatever you last painted a model of. How bad does it go?

Sentinel with Lascannon. I'm dead.

>mastodon
haha time to die

>fighting terrain
I'd call it a draw.

I think Tau were nerfed the perfect amount. They don't need to be strong every edition. So they get to be bad this edition to make up for that.

Because guard mechs suck worse than battlesuits

Death Korps guardsman. I don't think I win that one.
In fact, unless we have a bunch of people painting grots, we're all fucked.

What about eldar?

Literally who?
Is this another npc faction no one cares about?

>chaos cultist
Probably still lose but not that hard.

>Blood Angels Space Marine with a boltgun
Might as well off myself now before they rip me to shreds using the Thirst

I dunno, fighting a grot is probably like trying to fight a particularly frantic, angry, and terrified toddler with a knife and a mouth full of razor sharp teeth.
The grot could conceivably win, all I'm saying.

Can't remember which I finished last from yesterday, but either legion primus medicae, a leviathan dread, or an imperial space marine. The real question is who take the longest to utterly destroy me?

>Tau were nerfed the perfect amount
Oh yes God forbid everyone gets on an equal footing and you start losing because you're shit and not because they're OP

I found the tau player

Rolled 17 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

Escher Juvie.

Are they man-haters or can I roll tp seduce?

Tell me some stories about your local friendly game store traps anons

They are fine they aren't OP this edition and it was more the combination of the 2 that made Eldar OP. They also fit the setting better than Tau so there's that.
Hey user GW is shit at balancing anyways. So they would probably end up broken. The game is probably going to be dead after this edition anyways.

Fuck no, I was the guy spamming the WarConvo against noobs. Having armies nerfed to the point of uselessness is just shit. I'm finally happy my AdMech can finally run variant lists, everyone should have multiple viable builds in their codex playing against the same shit no matter the opponent is boring as balls

morkanaut, I'm fugged

>9th edition switches to alternate activation (IE: I use a unit then you use a unit, repeat until all units have gone)
Thoughts?

>+ 1
Huh, meant to subtract...

they're hideous but alright painters I guess? both play nids

Re-posting my Ad Mech list. Thoughts and feedback?

...Is there any 40k model that a normal person could win against? Snotling maybe?

>my 3 boxes of scourges arrived at my store
>pick then up
>start building
>see this
>pic related
When the fuck did this happen? The built Scourge is one I just did recently that I had bought a long time ago. When did they switch to 32mm? Also wtf 32mm slotters?

can flesh tearers use blood angels stratagems?

He looks gross and he'a uncomfortableto be around. Fortunately I don't play there so he hasn't bothered me much.

It's some old dude who is obviously not a woman who dresses like a woman and hits on patrons. I havn't actually seen (((her))) in a while, must've got canned.

>stygies
>min troops
>dakkastelans
cookie cutter garbage
go home netlist scum

Cherub probably but you'd feel bad for winning.

he/she/they have been a good friend of min since i started the hobby
havent seen them around for a while though

Not many, though a few are possible. It's fun to think about though.

Is Culexus good? I'll have to pay -1 CP if I'm going to use it, so I'm not sure if it gonna be worth the points and CP

Yea I know that but they're getting better, correct me if I'm wrong but the only clearly shit codex is GK right now, and that's because they can't get enough boots on the ground, and there's no OP codex yet, just certain builds. Sure there's mid and higher tiers clearly but the difference isn't THAT great. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me that each codex has the ability to run fluffy fun lists that don't auto lose against the others. With the exception of waac lists but then you should be able to see That Guy coming and tell him to fuck off

The game would become a lot longer. Probably would become slightly more annoying to keep track of certain things. Elite armies would be more fun to play tho but hordes would just become tedious to play.

It's fun to trick the opponent into shooting at it.

What can I do to make this list stronger?

+ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [18 PL, 342pts] ++

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince of Nurgle [9 PL, 180pts]: Malefic talon, Miasma of Pestilence, The Suppurating Plate, Wings

Herald of Nurgle [4 PL, 70pts]: Fleshy Abundance

+ Troops +

Nurglings [3 PL, 54pts]: 3x Nurgling Swarms

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [49 PL, 867pts] ++

Legion: Alpha Legion

+ HQ +

Sorcerer with Jump Pack [7 PL, 122pts]: Combi-bolter, Delightful Agonies, Force sword, Mark of Slaanesh, Prescience

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [12 PL, 160pts]: 39x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun, Mark of Slaanesh
. Cultist Champion: Autogun

+ Heavy Support +

Obliterators [10 PL, 195pts]: Mark of Slaanesh, 3x Obliterator

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [29 PL, 461pts] ++

Legion: World Eaters

+ HQ +

Dark Apostle [5 PL, 78pts]: Combi-bolter, Mark of Khorne, Power maul

Exalted Champion [5 PL, 77pts]: Combi-bolter, Mark of Khorne, Power axe

+ Troops +

Khorne Berzerkers [9 PL, 136pts]
. Berzerker Champion: Chainaxe, Chainsword
. 7x Chainsword and Chainaxe

Khorne Berzerkers [5 PL, 85pts]
. 4x Chainsword and Chainaxe

Khorne Berzerkers [5 PL, 85pts]
. 4x Chainsword and Chainaxe

+ Fast Attack +

Hellforged Dreadclaw Drop Pod [10 PL, 130pts]

Hellforged Dreadclaw Drop Pod [10 PL, 130pts]

++ Total: [120 PL, 2000pts] ++

Honestly just trying to find something that works. Im tired of getting outclassed by people with better models.

We need a codex so so bad. Still, disappointed in Chapter Approved not giving points reductions for coven units or reaver jetbikes.

Absolutely. I say as I paint Hellions, who have no redeeming qualities on the table except speed.

Guys at my store are shilling me the culexus for competitive play, and ill agree it seems to shut down chaos smite spam pretty well

So you are one of those faggots who think 8th ed is good? It's still broken as shit and unfun to play.

The fuck is Wilma Flintstone doing with a pack of Dark Elder?

That got me good, user.

>>HHG

Yeah...other than looking good hellions suck.

>get to 2k points in GK
>slowly realizing I have the worst codex
>only getting worse
JUST

Welcome to my world, I'm sitting at around 2.5-3k. At this point I'm really just collecting them to paint up because the models are cool. This one's my latest, a Brotherhood Champion conversion.

i think they switched when they repacked the scourges for 8th.

why they would go from 25 to 32 on them i dont know

I'm pretty convinced that when GW made the GK dex they were still trying to figure out how their own game worked.

It's gonna be okay, orks will get their codex and take the title off you, probably dark eldar too

At least you've still got the coolest looking units in the game. I love the Nemesis Dreadknight

Have you tried using like 4 GMDKs with regular space marine allies for their stuff? Should do well.

>''Emperor, forgive me for what I'm about to Yabba-dabba-do''

This seems to be the only viable strat for now
Cucking out with allies still doesn't feel good, though

Have you considered taking Rust Stalkers in large numbers with this Forge World.

ruststalkers are shit
pick infiltrators

What's wrong with allies now? Almost every battle in the lore is fought by sides made of multiple sub-factions working together. It's not like you have to ally with Tau or Eldar or something. GK and SM go very well together, same with IG or Deathwatch.

>tfw orks always get fucked over because GW thinks they exist only as a whipping boy to get fucked by SPACE MARINES

>2 drop pods is overkill
>nurglings are basically only good as objective sitters and roadblocks so 3 squads is a bit much but could be impressive
>why wouldn't people just shoot the obiterators that you didn't hit with agonies? warptime would probably be more useful unless you made them into 1 max size squad
>can you even deepstrike that much stuff?

idk that is what I thought when saw it

>Not fielding 80 rust stalkers deep striking with power swords and chord claws dealing a million wounds in a turn of close combat.

Your argument is sound with no points I disagree with, except one
MUH DUDES
It just ticks me off a bit that to be competitive, theres no other real option than to ally

For starters, heralds of nurgle are not in the death guard codex so you cannot take one in that detachment. Drop dreadclaws, they cost way too much for what you will use them for. I would probably drop the whole death guard detachment, its 272 points for a decent daemon prince and not a whole lot else. Obliterators are decent at fighting infantry and not a whole lot else, get some anti-tank in there as well because right now you haven't got anything that good at it. Reduce or remove the cultists. 4 squads of 10 gives better coverage and potential objective holders than one big squad. The alpha legion strategem to restore and infiltrate the squad is neat, but they are cultists, even with the slaanesh shoot twice strategem at double tap range, they won't kill anything past some GEQs. Berzerkers are good against infantry, but pretty mediocre against everything else, even with the world eaters attack twice strategem. If you are already looking at FW stuff, the leviathan dread is amazing with grav-flux or butcher cannons and can use the helbrute shoot twice strategem and benefit from legion traits. Predators and plagueburst crawlers are also very good vehicles for messing up tanks, provided that you give them a lord as a cheerleader.

Grey Knights were never really supposed to be a stand alone army anyway. They make far more sense as the elite wing of the witch hunters, inquisition or sisters of battle than they do a stand alone army.

>For starters, heralds of nurgle are not in the death guard codex so you cannot take one in that detachment.
What the flying fuck are you smoking? You can take whatever the fuck you want in your detachments so long as the keywords are correct.

that power sword is looking good, my dude

Interesting thoughts, thanks user. I've completely forgotten about deepstrike limit so that list will be scrapped. It looked so good in my mind though:

>2 drop pods
WE zerkers go in those, along with WE HQs. Dreadclaws can attack and move after landing so they are pretty good IMO.
>nurglings
Both they and the 40man cultist squad will infiltrate near the enemy lines to tie things down and hose them with fire. Cultists will get Prescience/5+ FNP and shoot twice for a total of 160 shots. Whatever dies will be brought back next turn.

Thanks, friend. I hated myself every second of the 3 hours it took to do.

Good points there, thanks. Dreadclaws look really good to me after the point cut so I kind of want them, just unsure what they would be good for since I mainly play Alpha Legion.

Do I still have to shoot Smite at nearest enemy unit, even though said nearest unit is immune to Psychic?

Asking again for anybody who didn't see it and again happy holidays

yes

Gonna shake things up a bit - here's a list for Planetstrike.

For a quick reminder: Infantry and anything with FLY gets to deep strike at 6" instead of 9", so turn 1 melee is very very reliable - especially with re-rolls to charge.

Helbrecht and the Lieutenant drop in with the 20 man Crusader squad. The Assault Squads come in and get turn 1 charges. I use Heavy Duty Drop to deliver the Ironclad, so everything is dropping in and no one's footslogging. Infantry are more there to drop in and hold objectives the Templars have taken so I don't have to waste them holding anything. Inquisitors are mortal wound sources and run Terrify so my templars can get through nasty overwatch (my opponent runs lots of flamers and bane wolves, and sometimes I need to threaten them with infantry)

Planetstrike Attacker Detachment: Space Marines (Black Templars)

HQ: 242

High Marshal Helbrecht: 170
Lieutenant with Power Fist: 72

Fast Attack: 240

Assault Squad w/ Jump Packs: 80

Elites: 841

Terminator Squad with Assault Cannon: 212
Ironclad Dreadnought, Ironclad Assault Launchers, Heavy Flamer, Storm Bolter, Chainfist: 150
Apothecary: 55

Troops: 279

Crusader Squad, 10 Initiates, 10 Neophytes, Power Fist and Meltagun: 279

Flyer: 352

Stormraven Gunship with Hurricane Bolters, Twin Assault Cannon, Twin Multi Melta: 352

Battalion, Imperium: 322

Inquisitor with Nemesis Daemonhammer, Combi Plasma: 95
Inquisitor with Force Sword: 67
Infantry Squad: 40

Supreme Command Detachment, Inquisition: 213

Inquisitor, Inferno Pistol, Force Sword and Psyker: 79
Inquisitor, Force Sword and Psyker: 67
Inquisitor, Force Sword and Psyker: 67

This guy walks up and slaps your Guillimans ass, what do?

A few advices mostly not on the list since I never pmayed Chaos
>change formatting
no one uses Power Levels and if you use them no one is going to help you, no one needs to know if they are troops/elite/HQ (and if they need to like me they probably aren't fit to C&C), there's no point in listing that your Obliterator squad contains Obliterators or in listing your Berzerker Champion if he has the exact same kit as the guys he leads, etc. Basically, your list seems looooong and tedious to read already.
>post your general strategy
here I assume you drop Berzerker where they'll shred the most shit for instance, but which squads? Where are the HQs? Etc.
>a single blob of 40 Cultists
I didn't even know it was possible. Shouldn't you try and divide that squad in multiple, smaller squads, or do you have moral mitigation of some kind?
>AT
maybe I was lied to but I was told Obliterators weren't that great in that role anymore, what's your plan in case of 12 Leman Russes?

>Laughs in Culexus

> processing fuckton of packages, including you guys' GW boxes possibly
> DKoK
> We fucking don't have holiday. We work 6 days a week overtime everyday God I hate Christmas
> DoW
> No time since November for bloody Black Friday shit
>
> I'm considering it as 3rd army or so

Pass the turn after I'm done since Magnus is in my list.

spam dakkabots using elimination volley and wrath of mars

reposting
>black legion warp talons
>chaos marines or inquisition
>none
>not much of a story, just remembered hearing about it and decided to get into it
> I have never played a game
> no
>I like the idea of them being a temporary plot device for a marine civil war. That said, I really don't like them as a permanent faction. They don't really add anything on their own and just feel like a cash grab. They also represent a recent trend of moving away from customizable models and "your dudes" and moving towards overpriced monopose models and "gws dudes". Overall, I wish they weren't a thing.

Thanks for the points, user. List was dumb and I copypasted the output from battlescribe.

The thought of facing 12 Lemans is really unsettling no matter what I'm fielding though

To alleviate wing collision and "tall, wide and top-heavy as fuck" tumbling.

Anyone got that thing about the blood angels that was being posted recently from the odex?

Not my Guilliman.

Nothing, I don't use named characters.

you fucker now i have to buy kataphron destroyers