/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oNLVWDkx2NY
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56186189/#56209257
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Something simple to bamp with.

Are we going to do a "best cyoa of 2017" this year? If so I nominate Waifu Hatred and Loli Abduction for first place in "Comedy/Most fun to read".

Dan, pls.

What the fuck am I even reading? This sounds stupid as shit.

It's a bad fan DLC for Branching Heart. OP probably posted it hoping to piss someone off or something.

Any cyoa with even a tinge of romance in it is 99% likely to be garbage. Veeky Forums has fucked up attitudes to love, and the weeb elements do not help. I am so fucking tired of people who
A) Deeply desire a 2d qt to bang
B) Hate women for being insufficiently moe
C) Hate women and sound like serial killers
D) Can't find a way to engage with their highly specific sexual objectives except by deluging the world in perverted magic
E) Have tiresome variants on the above for boys, feminine boys, husbandos, dickgirls, etc etc

One day CYOA will return to the blessed light of pic related.

This thread was never like that so you're continuing to dream for something that has never existed.

The medium existed before the thread, user. One day, we will relearn the lessons of the forgotten times, and the endless appetiser menus detailing the sexual proclivities of smug under-age pistol shrimp girls will pass out of our popular consciousness like the Malayan Emergency or the war of 1812.

These CYOAs aren't descended from CYOA books. Go make a thread for those if that's all you want.

Not him, but honestly I prefer those to most of what these threads have produced.

>Go make a thread for those if that's all you want.

Maybe I will, that's not he point.

Point is, why do you people make garbage 9 times out of 10? Format is irrelevant, it's the content that I'm talking about.

>300+ page books that cost money are superior to randomly thrown together images made by autists with too much spare time
Here's your hat, Sherlock.

Make something if everything displeases you.

>Actual adventures, in which you choose your path are superior to shitty design-a-wife memes

That's wafiu cyoas for you.

Reading comprehension, can you into it?

I don't care about your question, there are things you can do to solve your problems. Make something or make a thread for the CYOA books you prefer.

How about a worst one?

What's the absolute most shameless waifu/fetish pandering CYOA you've ever gazed upon? The kind that gives you aneurysm and immediately brings to mind the image of a fat neckbeard hitting the keyboard away in the darkness, drooling over the magical realm he's creating?

Your question is disingenuous because those CYOAs are not the 'worst'. One page shitpost CYOAs are, as are your posts.

anything by tok

>Your question is disingenuous because those CYOAs are not the 'worst'.

Yes, and? Who cares? I was asking about the worst waifu/fetish CYOA. I'm sure there's a "worst adventure CYOA", feel free to name that too if you want. I just wanted to see if I degenerated far enough to find even the worst waifu CYOA's enjoyable.

how can we make them go away, friends?

You've been trying this schtick for months now and been incredibly obvious about it. Don't you have anything better to do? A new shitposting strategy? You're stagnant and boring.

You can't, if the could make friends they'd never have come here to whine.

>What's the absolute most shameless waifu/fetish pandering CYOA you've ever gazed upon? The kind that gives you aneurysm and immediately brings to mind the image of a fat neckbeard hitting the keyboard away in the darkness, drooling over the magical realm he's creating?
Towergirls

youtube.com/watch?v=oNLVWDkx2NY

he's not the only one who thinks you people are super obnoxious and have basically completely ruined this hobby, it's just that most of us have given up years ago and ignore you

Kinda hard to ruin it since it's been there from the start, but hey, I'm sure you weren't around then so your confusion is understandable.

lurk more

>You've been trying this schtick for months now and been incredibly obvious about it. Don't you have anything better to do? A new shitposting strategy? You're stagnant and boring.

That's pretty cool considering this is like the second or third time I ever post in these threads. Dunno who you have me confused for but I hope he's here and having a giggle at your cluelessness.

>why do you people make garbage?
If you're the only person who wants something else, only you can provide it.
They feed on people hating them.

Been lurking CYOAs for 5 years. Pretty much one of the most common of the choose one era were 'pick this hot girl' along with the 'pick magic item'. Plenty had both, waifu options were often included in multiple choice CYOAs too. Always been a thing. Sorry that when you came here some new OC didn't have any, but that wasn't the typical situation.

if you've been here for that long then you're lying, and if you haven't been here for that long then you're lying about that

either way, you're not getting anywhere with your shit

Why is it always this one guy who can't use his shift key making ridiculous assertions, claiming everyone else is wrong, then flying off to insults? Is this like your entire thing here, user? Don't you have anything better to do?

Instead of going in circles and never revealing your stance why not say exactly what it is you want, how you're going to get it and why this is better than the status quo.

you're even more oblivious than I thought, well done

Honestly, the other guy had a point. Reply to please.

no thanks, I know there is no winning with you people, you'll keep doing whatever the fuck you want no matter what

What is it YOU want?

for you to fuck off

>hey, what's going on in this thre-

Space time. Post builds and reasoning.

>Post builds and reasoning.

I can't, wanted to make a miner build once and there were no good options.

The usual, what did you expect?

Space or surface? Surface wise thats kind of what Khorium IV is about. For space could take business investment and load up with an armored carrier.

Friendly reminder to ignore shitposters.

Don't remember, probably surface. Thistle was like the only companion good for mining, so I felt like the talents of my other companions would go to waste. Made me realize I should just make an adventure build like most people, but at that point I had no interest in starting everything from scratch.

Italics better deliver PPP+ for Christmas.

It may be garbage to you but some people may enjoy that "garbage".

Anyone else looking forward to comfy christmas cyoas?

Where's our Christmas collab?!

There was no "serious" discussion about christmas collab in this thread and it's too late to start one now. Maybe The Others have something prepared, you can ask them on d*****d.

Diicked?

Di*c***d
Almost there user

Dikcockd?

Blackcock Fountain?

Where's the second picture of this one. Yes I'm aware its a dead WIP

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56186189/#56209257

>No matter how many times its posted our pleas will never be answered
It hurts

Thank you my man

Forreal though

It's pretty clear that kit doesn't want to finish it anymore. Finish it yourself?

>Any cyoa with even a tinge of romance in it is 99% likely to be garbage.
I guess we need much more of them to get a sufficient number of non-garbage ones, then.

>One day CYOA will return to the blessed light of pic related.
The CYOAs in these threads tend to be character and/or scenario builders. They focus on building the scenario, the adventure books focus on the events that follow.

This is what it was like in the beginning;

tinyurl /y7tojzrb

See for yourself

Are you making one?

But I can't win internet fights that way!

>tfw making serious progress

:3

>tfw not making progress
:(

We're forgetting something important, but rightfully so. I think we would all be able to agree on the worst CYOA of 2017 if someone were to dredge it back up again.

For those that actually do want to remember, it's "Glory Unto the Sweet", by Shadow

Oh fuck you, don't remind me of this shit.

You could've just not peeked at the spoiler, user

Good on ya mate. I should be close to finish tonight or tomorrow.
Are you making an honest attempt? Then good on ya.

>Point is, why do you people make garbage 9 times out of 10? Format is irrelevant, it's the content that I'm talking about.
I don't know why people always act like this is some revelatory discovery or something. Most things are shit. That's true of every medium, every genre, every period of history, and every artist. Most of everything Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Donatello, and the fourth ninja turtle made was shit. You literally cannot make good things without making ten times as much shit.

The only difference is how much of the shit you see. And if you're here, in the CYOAg thread, you're in the sausage factory. You're in the place where new ideas are birthed, ground up, and reconstituted into a hopefully edible shape and consistency. It's going to be messy and awful but the act of creation always is.

If you just want the high quality finished product go hang out in funnyjunk or something.

>Waifu hatred
Why would you hate the most pure form of love that exist?

So I dont normally hit this thread, I usually do the jumpchain thing. Could you guys give me some tips on making imaged cyoas? You really shine in that department, your artwork and conposition is amazing!

Open the pastebin up there in the OP. In there, you will find SDA's photoshop tutorials. These are a good start.

Edgelords hate waifus because they don't want to feel good things or something or they are jealous of the waifus and want to become one themselves to no avail i don't fucking know i am talking out my ass

Thanks user!

Does any user have pdfs for those books?

Waifuism itself is pure but many of its followers are deeply corrupted people that only lessen their waifus with their love. It's a very selfish and toxic relationship.

user I appreciate you liking it but no amount of posting it will make me want to work on it again. I wasn't enjoying it, it felt like unpaid work.
It's a comedy cyoa. Relax Freund.
Try to use consistent artwork, drop shadow is your friend, being able to read the text > anything else, basics aren't bad.

>wasn't enjoying it, it felt like unpaid work.
Fuck i didn't know that sorry...

It's alright friend. No worries

If you want anime pics go to gelbooru or danbooru (links in the pastebin).

If you want western images google is the only "reliable" source (I usually type in what I want to find + artstation/deviantart/concept art), though you can find gems on r/imaginarynetwork

If you don't know how to make cyoas then:
If you're retarded, but want something prettier than paint cyoas: try things like cyoa-maker
If you're willing to spend a few hours on learning how to use things more advanced than paint.net, use GIMP or Photoshop (there is a free version of photoshop, it's just older). There is really no reason to continue using paint if you plan to make more than 2 cyoas in your life. These two have editable textboxes which makes our hobby much easier.