/swg/ - Sombrero Edition

Last Thread: >>No hay nada

Post about FFG, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, X-wing, Armada, Legion, and anything else SW Related

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ SW RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other FFG SW Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the SW RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older SW Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>Someone reported the Mega, it's gone now, RIP.

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

¡Discutan cosas de La Guerra de las Galaxias aquí, amigos!

>Droid heard you were taking him to the cantina
>Expected a trip to Space Mexico, ends up in Mos Eisley

Let's try to keep this one clean, amigos

That also means Rebelfags and Impfags need to try and get along. That means not shitting up this thread with arguments about the ethics of either the Empire or Rebellion

It is okay, however, to shit on the NuRepublic and the Primier Ordre, just try to keep it civil and not devolve into "muh ST" or "Muh EU"

The fact that the creators of the newest Star Wars movies are openly anti-White is never going to stop causing issues when the majority of Star Wars fans and the old guard of nerds is white males between 16-30.

>I'm sorry sir, it's time for you to leave

How would one go about making Test Pilot Blackout a good RAClo buddy?

Ok, let's get some actual discussion going.
Which SW character do you think would make a great GM and which iteration of Star Wars RPG would they run?

Imma go with Talon Karde, running Edge of the Empire

...and we're off to a good start.

I'd be up for a political/social campaign GM'd by Sheev.

C-3PO, for shits and giggles
He basically does it in RotJ.

Otherwise unironically Hera Syndulla or Princess Leia, running Edge/AoR

It'd probably be convoluted conspiracies mixed in with heavy V:tM-style hierarchy and backstabbing

Actually now that I think about it C-3PO would be a great DM. He's no nonsense and can vocalize all the effects and happenings in the campaign for full immersion

>Party's YT-1300 comes in for a landing, hear the sound effect of the engines

>Shootout with bad guys? Hear blasterfire effects, as well as the effects of hits/misses

I'd love to play in a Force and Destiny game run by Qui-Gon Jin. He seems like he would be a bro GM

>Old Ben Kenobi needs something to do in the desert
>Tries to teach Tuskens some basic D6
>They take the murderhobo antics too far and create a new group when Ben keeps trying to create a cohesive plot to their “I stab it with stick” mentality
>Become LARPers

No but Obi Wan would be my choice of DM. Something about an almost literal wizard describing your actions in that cool old man storyteller voice that would make any campaign golden.

Hate to say it, but you're right. Really wish they could be progressive without also hating white people.

Kylo Ren's edgy murder campaigns full of fedora tipping and teenage angst would be fun for all the memes. He'd run an unironic 'the Empire was right' campaign using modded AoR rules and Vader would be his self insert DMPC

That’s an adorable mental image.

F+D run by Dooku. He'd probably still be cool with you sticking to the light side paragon path since his biggest grief was with the order, not the philosophy. Also, it's Christopher Fucking Lee.

You joke, but I had a DM exactly like this. I can tell a story, if you guys want.

Please keep it to yourself.

Thread's pretty dead, you may as well.

Idea for FFG RPG campaign

If you're trying to merge the FO with old EU, why not include Kylo Ren but have him be Jaden Korr instead of Ben Solo, after the events of the dark side ending of JKA

But why?

Because Jaden Korr made one huge mistake in the DS ending: They put themselves on a collision course with Kyle Katarn.

>NuRepublic: lol the only way to have peace is to have no military were so smart
>PrimierOrdre: lol the only way to bring back the empire is to blow everything up and make them hate us were so smart

There always has to be that one post trying to stir up another Impfag v Rebfag argument.

>>Expected a trip to Space Mexico, ends up in Mos Eisley
What's the difference?

One of them is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. The other is Mos Eisley.

Wes Janson, WEG d6.

Poe Dameron. He's fucking cool, got a sense of humor, and just seems like he would be fun to hang around. Plus, you could just get lost in those eyes.

Oh, and Age of Rebellion. Specifically a fighter squadron game. I like GMs who have some sort of applicable experience. Gives the game more depth.

are there any Destiny players in here?

The fact that you interpret the presence of ethnic and cultural minorities as an attack on white people is also to blame.

The mere presence of diversity does not need to be threatening.

Honestly, any of the Wraiths would be fun. I'd like to imagine Gavin would be pretty nervous but he'd get into it, and eventually become Rogue squadron DM.

And when the people who work on the movie explictly say "the empire is white supremacist and opposed by a diverse woman-led coality"? There's a difference between diversity and anti-white.

Runt would probably be a fantastic GM given all his different personalities.

>interpret the presence of ethnic and cultural minorities as an attack on white people
the biggest one that flat-out said 'fuck wipipo' is toilet-paper hued though

And if you're the kind of player that enjoys drinks he'd probably hook you up as nu-canon has all but overtly stated he's a crippling alcoholic

Palpatine.

He's literally Gary Gygax. You know he's going to throw insanely deadly shit at you, every turn holds a twist, and you will most likely not survive between his challenges and his fucking with the party, but you know he's doing it to see who has guts, and if you got guts and you survive, you have his respect. Just never trust any NPCs.

But then you're interpreting the values of a fictional organization to be an attack on your personal values. The Empire being white supremacist shouldn't threaten you.

That's not to mention that regardless of creator intent, the on-screen and on-page portrayal does not show that. As stated last thread, we have several more prominent ethnic minorities in the Empire in new canon than we did in old canon. Old canon, the only prominent non-white Imperial leader was Thrawn, who's an alien (and noted for being an exception to their anti-alien bias.) The two women in prominent leadership were Isard and Daala, again both noted for being exceptions to the Empire's anti-women bias. In NuCanon we have Rae Sloane, a black woman who leads the Empire and there's little to no mention of internal discrimination against her. Same with Iden Versio or Phasma (the latter being FO notwithstanding) and there's actually black and female stormtroopers.

We ignore a lot of what Lucas used to say about his own franchise, why can't we ignore that same shit said by the new guard?

>the old guard of nerds is white males between 16-30.
Try between 30-60

I liked the empire because I saw them as a bunch of dudes trying to make the best of things against a terrorist organization. The new owners of the franchise then tell me my opinion is wrong because of the color of my skin. Hell yes I'm mad. I'm aware that there is a black woman leader, and even a lesbian leader in the books, but those aren't pushed on me like the anti-white angle is. I mean, the rebellion in the OT was diverse, but it wasn't FORCED. Lando was suave, and nobody gave him shit for being black. Phasma is just a "U like Boba? Too bad! Buy Phasma!"

>why can't we ignore that same shit said by the new guard?

Because the new guard is a megacorporation who can silence you and destroy you if you do not agree with their ideals / business model. Lucas never did that.

>complaining about political shoehorning in the series that has Nute Gunray and Halle Burtoni
That said at least Lucas's political grandstanding was about individual people and organizations, not nebulous "god fuck white people" screeds posted on his tumblr

>saw them as a bunch of dudes trying to make the best of things against a terrorist organization
They blew up an entire planet

>the new owners of the franchise then tell me my opinion is wrong
Pretty sure George Lucas told you your opinion is wrong, what with everything that occurs in his films.

I have a solution for you.

Step 1. Don't go on twitter.
Problem solved!

But seriously, no one's forcing anything on you. Nothing in the films, or on the pages, is telling you any of that shit. You've gotten riled up and defensive over literally nothing. And Disney is not going around throwing people in the fucking Gulags, man.

Like, I could understand some resentment if the characters themselves were actually giving speeches about social activism but they're not. It's all, entirely, coming from behind-the-scenes, out-of-universe sources. Are you so delicate that some people in Hollywood having different opinions from you is scary?

>it's all, entirely
I mean going extra hard on the 'muh nazis' shit with the FO isn't something I'd call behind the scenes but you do you.

I never understand how people can claim the rebellion is a terrorist organization even though they don't use terror tactics and proceed to ignore the Tarkin Doctine and Death Star.

fucking (((mouse))) telling me the illegal galaxy-spanning organization, run by space wizards that literally feed off human suffering and both torture people for literally no good reason, that employs genocide, slavery, and a complete disregard for civilian or own casualties, is bad!

But the First Order specifically is not the Empire, so now you have even less ground to stand on. The portrayal of the FO doesn't "change" the portrayal of the Empire because they're two separate organizations, one a radicalized, extremist version of the other.

To be fair Saw was with the rebellion proper for a pretty good time until they finally said 'yo dawg stop this shit'
I imagine there's others in similar scenarios, either outright abandoned or doing things in less hardline though still questionable ways

I wasn't talking about it re: the empire, just that the wearing of social issues on their sleeve isn't something that's entirely confined to bts wank.

They also ignore that open, armed rebellion was literally Bail and Mon's absolute last resort after all diplomatic solutions were made impossible.

Okay, that's fair, and I do agree that I've (so far) been disappointed with the nuance and tact in the ST era writing. I just don't feel like it's an attack on my sensibilities.

The FO being deliberately based on the Nazi die hards who fled to Argentina after the war, with a little bit of isolationist/maniacal micro-state like North Korea who's shouting and yelling at the big boys while no one takes them seriously until OH SHIT THEY ACTUALLY HAVE GUNS aren't intrinsically bad themes. They just don't pull it off well. But we've also gotten to a point in modern politics where having the good guys fight Nazis and mad dictators is... bad, somehow?

>But we've also gotten to a point in modern politics where having the good guys fight Nazis and mad dictators is... bad, somehow?
It is when the standard talking point of a lot of the left is "punch nazis also I define nazis by anybody more right-inclined than I am"

>I liked the empire because I saw them as a bunch of dudes trying to make the best of things against a terrorist organization.

but that's wrong you fucking retard.jpg

Explicitly so

Since 1977

Oh you are right. I love how insane Saul is. I find it hilarious. But people generally arnt talking about Sauls group of 20 people. They are the Rebellion that is large enough to field entire fleets that are an actual threat to the imperial navy

But if someone calls me a Nazi and I know it's a ridiculous statement, I can ignore it because it's a ridiculous statement. I don't have to get offended when someone writes a story where the Nazis are the bad guys because I have to now identify as the Nazis because someone called me one once.

The First Order isn't being led by Dhronald Thump and his platform to Make the Galaxy Great Again and to build a space-wall to keep the Rodians out. The First Order is a radical military junta based on Nazi Germany, North Korea, and of course the old Empire.

I mean, Nute Gunray. Newt/Reagan. Let's not kid ourselves.

>I can ignore it because it's a ridiculous statement
The issue isn't whether or not it's offensive to you. Your own personal feeling on the issue is actually worth less than nothing.

>Saul
Lawyers In Space when

>I can ignore it because it's a ridiculous statement
I'm genuinely glad you can but the issue isn't your personal opinion, it's the continuing social push of what's quoted above.

The issue is people being unable to ignore the presence of Nazi stand-ins in their Star Wars, because people called them Nazis in real life.

You feel threatened that the Nazi analogue is portrayed as the bad guys, NOT because the narrative of the story portrays them as a representation of modern social issues (because it doesn't) but because liberals, outside the film, outside the narrative, have called people Nazis. Do you not see how that's ridiculous? Again like I said, it's not like the new canon is portraying the Empire or the First Order as thinly veiled stand-ins for the Republican party or the American right. The new canon is just portraying the Empire and the First Order as the bad guys who use some (admittedly heavy) Nazi themes. It's like getting offended because you're watching Saving Private Ryan.

And this is in contrast to the prequels where Lucas actually *did* make some notable examples of portraying the bad guys as stand-ins for the Bush administration & friends.

Nawara Ven did it way back in the '90s.

I think a good portion of it is that several types have gone from merely calling non-Nazis Nazis, to actually doing them violence. And that many of those violent assholes seem intent on quoting fiction in their justifications.

Michael Giacchino beat you to it.

Not really.

Whether you agree or disagree with the morality of one side or the other it's objective fact that the Galactic Empire is the voted-in galactic government, and the Alliance to Restore the Republic is a rebelling faction dedicated to causing unrest and discontent with the current government to bring about the old one.

Regardless of which side you personally agree with the Empire is a government and the Rebellion is an insurgency. That's not up for debate.

if the most common leaks are true, Disney deserves to burn for their bullshit

>disney retcons a foreboding authoritarian organization into one of nothing but psychos who want to literally harvest suffering

It's almost like Disney's writers are talentless hacks who retconned the Empire into being evil incarnate because they're a bunch of frauds.

You mean the one where rey goes evil and kills luke and joins with emoboy?

They did it because their business model is objective good/evil to an age 6-12 audience. Gotta rake in them soccer mom bux.

No, the one where Ren kills Snoke, Luke astral projects to Crait to save Rey/dies after, and Ren destroys the Resistance

I know you guys are in the middle of some kind of crisis, but I'd like some feedback for a campaign I'm planning.

The PCs are going to be a cell of resistance fighters on a heavily urbanized world a few years before the Battle of Yavin. There'll be lots of focus on hit-and-run attacks on Imperial forces, small-scale sabotage, and rallying allies to the cause, climaxing in a massive uprising against the authoritarian Imperial governor.

Tone-wise, I'm going for a darker take on the first season of Rebels, with influences from the Protomen and various Cyberpunk works (Blade Runner, etc). I definitely want things to feel gritty, but to the extent that it's still recognizably Star Wars.

To be honest, it sounds like a by-the-numbers Rebel-sided AOR campaign. The Rebels hook doesn't catch my interest, but that might be because I REALLY don't like the New Canon, even if the show isn't as terrible as some people claim.

Otherwise, yeah, sounds like your typical rebel campaign.

What he posted isn't wrong though. He is claiming that the movie clearly says and shows that the Rebellion is a good organization while the Empire is evil organization.

The fact that the Empire is the legitametly government is true, but that doesn't make the the Rebellion a terrorist organization nor the Empire a force for good and that's what the movies show

While the Empire is technically a legitimate government, the means it got there were entirely illegitimate and based upon high treason and conspiracy against the Republic and its citizens.

The Rebels comparison was meant as more of an equivalent to scale than narrative/tone. Initial focus on a small area before spreading out, focus on growing the resistance by acquiring equipment and manpower, etc. Suppose I should have clarified on that point.

Its okay to be Imperial

Can someone help me figure out some math for an X-wing game?

I'm flying

2x Crack+HLC Rhos
VI Standard Vader

I'm wondering if I get into a r3 engage with Lowhrick (Draw Their Fire), Standard missile+TLT+Bomblet Miranda, and Biggs, who I should go for first.

I know conventional wisdom would be to go for Miranda, as if I can drop her, the game is over (Biggs and Lowhrick can't beat vader, and those gunboats can outmaneuver both)

The issue is that 9 health, Lowhrick's evade, and Draw Their Fire mean she will probably survive

Even then, say Vader pulls a HHC attack on his first shot, which is only a 56% chance (37% chance of 2 damage results. If miranda blanks, that's only 1 damage after Lowhrick and DTF.

This specific scenario is a 35% chance.

Then I would need to get the 77.24% chance both times of 4 with HLC and not get any crits. (crack shot negates her 1 dice)- That's only a 20% chance of this exchange occuring, and that's assuming HLC means no crits.

More likely, my expected damage outputs are

1.148 from Vader
3.54x2 from each Gunboat (I can get crits, although unlikely)

(Bonus 1.44 missing DTF shields onto Lowhrick)

Negative 1 damage from Lowhrick (unless he fucks up badly and spends it on a Gunboat when miranda didn't get a natural evade).

That's a typical result of 7 damage, which means that Miranda is still unfortunately alive and will probably have 4 health by the time the gunboats can shoot her again (biggs next round, etc) Hell, if vader did damage, she could TLT and Regen instead of missile-firing. On the other hand, if she is a retard and pumps the missile, I could very likely kill her that round.

The next option is going after Lowhrick, but I'm unsure if killing him is a good idea- Miranda could be a serious problem for Vader in a 1v1, and I'm not sure I could win that. On the other hand, if I can drop Lowhrick, my gunboats can 2-round her fairly easily.

cont.-

Because
>the Dark Side ending of JKA contradicts little to nothing of the Legends EU
>Jaden slaughters his entire class of Jedi (and many rando Jedi) going through Korriban
>Jaden has hijacked at least one Star Destroyer and could build a new army, especially with the Scepter in his control

Regardless of using him as. Legends-safe Kylo Ren that sounds like fuel for a RPG campaign

Going after Biggs first seems like a trap- He can't really do that much to me, and due to R4-D6, my Gunboats are kinda "meh" at killing him. Do I go fuck him up if he has R2-D6 and Selflessness though?(Mathematically, he dies super-fucking hard, taking more than 7 damage on average in 1 round)

I'm thinking that I should take my initial TL's on Miranda, and if an opportunity presents itself to kill something else, go shoot stuff with the Linked rerolls?

Or do I TL Biggs/low with my Long Range Scanners and pretend to not understand how Fat Miranda works and hope they fall for it (and I shoot Miranda anyways) ?

Hell, assuming that I do do a typical exchange, and I end up with a low-health gunboat, a fresh Gunboat, and Vader vs a missing-a-shield Low, a full health Biggs and a 2 health Miranda that already spent the missile at R3-2 of each other, what the fuck do I do the next round? 3 bank SLAM and then leave, trying to turn around (since Miranda can't regen unless she can shoot) and then take cannon shots while trailing at r3?

1-forwarding seems like a bad idea since they can and will pop biggs at the first opportunity.

Am I thinking about this wrong? Do I swtich to VI Quickdraw for a better matchup against 100-point-Miranda, but a worse matchup against Kylo?

Amy advice would be nice, the last thread flooded out any possibility of x-wing tactics discussion

Based

DARK TIDINGS

>Nothing in the films, or on the pages, is telling you any of that shit.
yes I'm sure the casting of the new trilogy and RO is just pure coincidence

SEASON'S GREETINGS

agree with other user, It’s basic but you could make something pretty unique off. Pull out some wild cyberpunk stuff like you mentioned. Subversive Imperial Implants and Androids, neon skyscraper speeder fights, mutlitple rebellious cells including more anarchist style

Fuck the NuCanon, bring in an Imperial allied Bimmasari Monk

Yeah, but there are at least logical reasons why one would support the Empire.

Not in new canon anymore, but still. I think that was the point. They WERE the villains, but it wasn't implausible to sympathize or even side with them back before they basically became 40k Chaos and now feast on misery and pain.

The only ones who "feast on misery and pain" are Palpatine and the Force users in his cabal. They are the absolute minority.

Yeah what said. The rest of the Empire just drinks one of the various cool-aids, be it the Tarkin doctrine, or just the utterly cut-throat and competitive organizational structure. Or they don't and get subsequently superceded by assholes who do and are stuck cleaning their messes.

that speaks to your own insecurities more than it does the content of the narrative.

the presence of diversity shouldn't threaten you.

>nothing but psychos who want to literally harvest suffering
since 1977 they had a big metal ball called the DEATH STAR that MAKES PLANETS EXPLODE VIOLENTLY AND NOTHING ELSE

Still, that's now stated as its only purpose for existing, explicitly, and even Palpatne wasn't as evil in Legends as he is now. At least back then he at least sorta-kinda thought he was actually doing good things, instead of just eating peoples' tears because muh suffering machine. It's laughably bad writing.

Nothing of that was from Disney.
You can argue the 'galaxy-wide suffering' shit but the Dark side in general has been expressly stated to feed off of what is generally considered 'negative' emotions for far longer than the buyout.

>big metal tubes of radioactive material designed to EXPLODE AND INCINERATE A MASSIVE AREA THEN RENDER IT TEMPORARILY UNINHABITABLE DUE TO RADIOACTIVE FALLOUT AND NOTHING ELSE

Really makes you think

>thought he was actually doing good things
*Citation Needed

I'm assuming you meant B'omarr Monk, which would be pretty wild. Maybe this planet is being used as a testing ground for some sort of new Imperial project to subtly keep citizens in line? Like, maybe the local governor is pursuing an alternative to the Tarkin Doctrine that focuses on surveillance and social pressure rather than overt displays of force to intimate people.

>temporarily uninhabitable
>vs. literally turning an entire planet into dust

I still have never seen an example of Palpatine actually being portrayed as having good intentions.

Other characters think he has good intentions, but Palpatine himself is never portrayed as actually being concerned for anyone but himself.

>the galaxy will finally know peace