Alignment chart thread

Agree? Disagree?

And post some OC, guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huey_Long
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Captain America is lawful, Aflek in that movie was lawful, Hisenberg was lawful, and Rick is not evil.

Rick's DnD evil, he does all the shit DnD sees as evil

What is Affleck's movie? And the Crowe one, if that is the one with di Caprio, he is clearly Lawful Neutral - he doesn't give a shit if in the end his country is OK.

I would disagree. Evil is pretty much always defined as not caring about other people, and Rick obviously does care about people. He is selfish, but is doesn't lack compassion, he is just emotionally stunted. That's not a good alignment, but it wouldn't be evil, either. I think he is pretty clearly Chaotic Neutral.

that's some shamefully normie shit you got going on there OP

The Accountant. It's alright

Rick cares about a tiny, TINY fraction of humanity and is willing to kill, maim, eat, emotionally scar etc. every other sentient for his pleasure or convenience. Caring about Morty, Summer and to some extent Beth doesn't make him neutral, it makes his evil slightly unpure, which really, every evil character would be in one way or the other.

I forgot "enslave". Add "enslave" on the list he does for his convenience

Yeah, saw the Accountant on a streaming site a couple months ago out of curiosity. Affleck pulled out a pretty good performance.

>Rick obviously does care about people
Very specific people. Even evil can have loved ones, dude.

Not the OC, but I really like this one.

Anyone else has some where all squares are the same guy, real or fictional?

anton chigurh is neutral evil. yeah, he talks about how he "has" to do things with the coin and what people always say, but that's like saying an avalanche is lawful because it "has" to fall on the hikers. anton is a force of nature that doesn't behave according to any human motivations or morals.

judge holden is LE though i guess BM isn't very normie.

>Thinking Disney's Maui could be anything but lawful good.
>Maybe neutral good at an absolute stretch.
The only things he ever did wrong was steal his adoptive mother'sTe Fiti's heart, so humanity would never want for food again, and lock up Moana so he could escape his prison, which his tattoos were giving him shit about. Had she not escaped on her own, he probably would have come back inside of a day to let her out. Just like he does at the end of the movie.

rate my chart /mu/ crossposters

The Crowe one is The Nice Guys (2016). Pr good detrctive movie, directed by shane black

This one is scarily accurate.

Nice.

don't know LG or LN, I know TN and CN but haven't seen the movies, cap is LG, starlord is probably accurate, Sugar is definitely CE; he's pure psychopath; I don't care about his coin shit, breaking bad is probably accurate, rick is accurate

It’s funny because each one gets less and less complicated.

>Rick is not evil.
Rick is definitely chaotic evil.

I like how you even picked the right colors

>Alignment and so much of D&D planar lore comes from Elric and Michael Moorecock.
>Seriously the description for Chaos/Law lords are basically analogous for D&D Gods
>Chaos and Law were the only parts that really mattered. They were ancient and powerful consciousnesses that picked champions and people who served their ideals
>Had little relevancy to human ideas of good and evil

>Suddenly "good" and "evil" are now actual forces in D&D
>Law and Chaos have become 'you're disciplined' and 'you're undisciplined' like those are SUPER IMPORTANT CHARACTER TRAITS???
>Because good and evil of planar forces are so much more popular law and chaos have almost completely disappeared as worthwhile forces in the grand scheme of things

Seriously where did it go so wrong Veeky Forums?

2e. between declining fortunes and the satanic panic, the moorcock pulp lineage was too adult for TSR to risk making books for anymore, so they went with the Good vs Evil quest fantasy that could grab a bigger audience and avoid the parental freakouts.

Old moorcock-lineage D&D is pretty adult when done right. The term murderhobo gets thrown around a lot but old-school adventurers really are fucking scumbags by any normal person's moral compass. That's part of what makes it fun.

The battery people aren’t enslaved. They work for each other. They pay each other. They buy houses. They get married and make children that replace them when they get too old to make power.

That's just le rick and morty reference xddd

I'm pretty sure "vivisect" should go on that list as well.

I just started playing DnD and I told the DM that I didn't know what alignment my character was, and that I'll just feel it out as I go. Does that make me a massive faggot?

it makes you Chaotic Neutral

>They work for each other. They pay each other. They buy houses.
Capitalism is slavery.

Lawful Neutral truly is the best alignment.

who is that?

>t. bitchboy cuck

Oh my fucking god, just kill yourself.

Someone post the f list one

goddamnit user, that's a good image.

That's good. Lawful is putting the blame on someone specific, neutral is putting the blame on the thing that's happening, and chaotic is putting the blame on some group of people non specifically.

>Alignment and so much of D&D planar lore comes from Elric and Michael Moorecock.
>Seriously the description for Chaos/Law lords are basically analogous for D&D Gods
>Chaos and Law were the only parts that really mattered. They were ancient and powerful consciousnesses that picked champions and people who served their ideals
>Had little relevancy to human ideas of good and evil

Your favorite 80s fantasy books are all fucking gay. Literally, they're all analogies for anal sex between men. Law and chaos is a gay concept.

Seriously, just go get a trap GF already.

Capitalism isn't slavery.
Consumerism is slavery.
One aims to keep the money rotating between the producer and the consumer as they see fit. The other aims to brainwash the fuck out of you so that you never save a dime.

>Your favorite 80s fantasy books are all fucking gay. Literally, they're all analogies for anal sex between men. Law and chaos is a gay concept.
And sex-negative feminazis complain that we sexualize tits...

>Seriously, just go get a trap GF already.
lots of us are trying user. Lots of us are trying.

>Playing with alignement
Kys asap

>alignement
lol

You only hate it because it's popular you fucking hipster

Don't even start

The Kingfish

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huey_Long

actually I find it obnoxious and childish

herp de durp

>playing with alingmemt
Frickin idiots...

Is that Huey Long? I read All the King's Men a while back and really enjoyed it, been meaning to learn more about the man behind it all.

>Rick is not evil.
>Rick's DnD evil
>he is pretty clearly Chaotic Neutral.
>doesn't make him neutral, it makes his evil slightly unpure
>rick is accurate
>Rick is definitely chaotic evil.
Ignoring the fact that alignments suck and that people don't fit on alignment charts as neatly as acts do, Rick isn't any alignment because morality cannot survive contact with infinite realities.
That said, I can see either the case for Chaotic Evil or Chaotic Neutral having merit.
It's just a matter of how much black paint in your white paint does it take before it goes from grey to dark grey.

>Even evil can have loved ones, dude.
Holy shit this.

Feel free to put Eddard Stark in the Lawful Stupid spot, too.

"Go get"? Bitch, please: I've had one for two years!

is this sopoused to be poetry?

>morality cannot survive contact with infinite realities
That's exactly what a chaotic evil character tells themselves to get through the day.

Here is an alignment chart from History Channel's Vikings tv show. I haven't seen the seasons with Ragnar's kids with the Queen (Chaotic Good).

I know. I'm sorry. I'm not going to stop. See you guys tomorrow with another one.

Are you kidding? He tries to trap Moana in the island as soon as he meets her and it isn't until the climax of the movie that he starts acting unselfishly

Gotta' say, I love alignment charts like this. When you have a character that can fill out all aspects of the chart, that really shows their depth. Obviously it's easier with, y'know, actual complex human beings.

This is definitely overly bias and skewed horribly. I disagree with most of this

Anton is either neutral or chaotic evil. He really treads the line between both for the most part. I suppose the difficulty in placing him into either category is that, as an entity, he abides by his own system of codes, ethics, and virtues. On the other hand, he leaves many of his actions to chance, and that makes him ambiguous.

Heisenberg is lawful evil; he went from school teacher/car washer to industrializing meth and going on to become the sole proprietor of said industry. Initially, he did not know what he was doing, but learned from his mistakes. Some of what he'd do later on was born out of necessity, or the belief that it was necessary, but through most of his story he had known exactly what he wanted to do. Just because he was impulsive and egotistical does not mean that he did not understand the need for hierarchy and order.

I agree that he could easily be lawful, neutral, or chaotic evil. I feel like he generally had a code of conduct that he tried to abide by, but so often his pride and arrogance got the better of him, sliding him towards chaotic.

Oh? Explain.
>Anglo Princess is a stickler for tradition and punishing wrongdoers
>Anglo King wants what is best for his kingdom and family but is not above helping others and promoting women's issues
>Viking Queen cares for her family but is not as big on tradition
>Ex-Priest is an onlooker to the conflicts but does believe in doing good where he can
>Seer is completely neutral with some mean, but not evil tendencies
>Ex-Viking changes sides often, turns against tradition but does not act out of hatred
>Viking King believes in tradition, leaves his wife for another woman, kills indiscriminately and takes what he wants but does care for his line and his mark on history
>Viking son is traditional but has mixed loyalties to father vs. mother, is morally flexible like his parents
>Fake Viking Queen goes against tradition, kills without mercy and betrays those she claims to love

Rick and morty is so smart. Its a smart show. And funny. Haha ricky funny. Its smart when rick and morty do science. Science is smart. I love rick and morty. It is smaelrt and desined for smart people. Rick and morty is smart and is not afraid. Theu push envelopes. Rick is smart and he believes in science. Slmorty is funny. Haha funny morty. He is like me. Rick is amart and i love themshow. They arr nihilistic atheists. They are smart. Rise ip against the man. Haha so fun to eallwatch this sjow. Its great. I love rick and morty. I am smart. You need to be smart to like rick and morty.

Do you ever question why it is that you feel compelled to broadcast how easily triggered you are?

>not knowing The Seventh Seal
REEEE KIDS THESE DAYS DON'T KNOW REAL CINEMA

But really, LN is a personification of death from the movie that really popularized the trope of playing a game against death to save a soul, in this case chess. Honestly, calling it LN is pretty accurate.

I don't even hate R&M, the reply was just too obvious for the "slavery with extra steps" quip

>Babby's first nihilism
Go crawl in a hole then you spineless weak willed piece of gutter trash.

I should be studying, not doing this shit. What's your take?

>That's exactly what a chaotic evil character tells themselves to get through the day.
Yeah, but they are generally confined to one, finite reality with probable relevance and consequence.

>Go crawl in a hole then you spineless weak willed piece of gutter trash.
Settle down there sport.
Do you have an interdimensional portal gun capable of rendering all moral questions moot?
No?
Neither do I.
So we have to pull up our big-girl panties and deal with the moral choices of our existence in this one reality.
Because those choices matter.

Rick doesn't because his don't.

DnD morality has nothing to do with multiple realities. It's literally what the god of that alignment likes or not. As Rick do things that the gods of Evil like and the gods of Good dislike Rick is evil.

>Chigurh
>Lawful evil

What

>what is not killing the gas station clerk
>what is fucking obliterating Carla Jean

Letting the clerk go for a reason as fucking arbitrary as flipping that coin doesn't make him lawful

Chigurh kills people indiscriminately, without greater plans or purposes. He's as lawful evil as it gets.

Err, make that chaotic, not lawful

While I would argue that the coin, however arbitrary, is a rule he never breaks, he does randomly murder people for seemingly no reason at all. You’re right

You seems to believe that morality depends somehow on the number of people that exists.

It doesn't. There is literally no difference in a killer that justifies his killing with the fact that there are still 7 billion more people around on the planet and one that does it with the fact that there are infinite more people in infinite realities.

What Rick is doing is just claiming that his actions have no consequences while the reality is that consequences exist all the same, but he can escape them by changing reality.

>These two things from different sources have nothing to do with each other so I assert that one has dominance over the other for reasons.
But seriously, if you're saying that if Rick went to a D&D reality, he would detect as evil, I would have to ask which setting in which edition, but yeah that might happen.

I would argue that even if he did the coin flip with everyone he met and only killed the ones who failed to call correctly, he still wouldn't be lawful evil

>You seems to believe that morality depends somehow on the number of people that exists.
What? No?
Where are you getting that?

>What Rick is doing is just claiming that his actions have no consequences
No, he is claiming that the consequences don't matter, because they don't.

I would argue that Bill Cutting is lawful. He has a code and his own sense of honor. Just because he is a criminal, and not even the biggest in the Five Points, doesn't mean he is chaotic. He may also be evil, but he is evil for the purpose of good.

I either dont know the rest of have no issues. The quotes for Owen, John and Sherlock need work.

It's not the number of people.
It's the SAME EXACT people.
That guy you killed?
He's fine.
That rule you broke?
Here it's not a rule.
That absolute truism that fundamentally supports your entire belief system and morality?
Doesn't exist. Instead they have monkey brains flavored ice cream.
Infinite realities borks your moral code.

Good thing it's just a fun little cartoon.

This is an alignment thread. By definition it uses dnd morality because other kinds of morality don't use alignment.

Also enslaving an entire universe of people for power (in this case the power to run your car) is Evil in every setting and in every edition.

JAQ SABBARO

They are not you idiot. There is a difference between two things being identical and being the same thing. The fact that one is fighting for her life in a reality of Cronenberg people and the other is going on cool adventures should clue you enough.

The image is bias towards the Anglos. Forgiving the Anglos but condemning the Vikings for similar acts of evil. Plus, saying anyone in the series is "Good", besides the Priest, is a dubious claim.

>Anglo Princess is driven by her lust for flesh and power. Fucks every strong man she comes by, including a group of guards. Poisons her own brother so shes undisputed Queen. Maybe Neutral Evil
>Anglo King may have some underlying good. But he allows and directs many questionable acts against allies and enemies alike, though shows remorse occasionally. His main attribute is his pragmatism, I'd argue True Neutral
>Viking Queen cares for her children and herself. Distests her husband and frequently undermines him. Just a straight up frigid bitch. I don't know where I'd put her, but definitely not CG
>Ex-Priest is one of the few characters who actively tries to do good. He has internal struggle between Christian tradition and Pagan tradition. Neutral Good
>I agree with Seer being True Neutral
>Ex-Viking changes sides often and turns against tradition. However, he is also blinded by jealousy for his brother and willing to kill his friends for fame and power. Chaotic Evil
>Viking King believes in tradition, but quickly abandons his gods and tradition when it gets in the way of his pursuit for fame. Neutral Evil
>Viking son, I'm inclined to agree
>Fake Viking Queen cares for family and tradition and only acts otherwise when severely wronged or betrayed by someone. Though does show interest in amounting some form of power. Lawful Evil

Doesn't matter to whom? You don't need infinite reality to claim that if I rape and murder you the fact won't have any consequences on the world at large. It's also an asshole point of view as I bet that being raped and killed matter a lot to you or any eventual loved one you have.

Isn’t Batman considered lawful for following an arbitrary rule he set for himself?
Living life by the coin flip would be just as lawful

>Also enslaving an entire universe of people for power (in this case the power to run your car) is Evil in every setting and in every edition.
What does every setting and every edition say about the morality of CREATING universes?

Creating billions of lifeforms for the soul purpose of enslaving them is not good. It’s akin to making a baby then raping it right when it pops out