Mutants and Masterminds

Mutants and Masterminds.

What are some essential elements to include in a Battlesuit designed around outer space exploration and combat? It'll be piloted by a super scientist. I'm dumb so don't assume I'll know what to include.

Inmunity to the void, heat, cosmic rays maybe? cold.

That's pretty much the Life Support Immunity (10 points) to a T. Some might not include eat and sleeping immunity. (-2 cost). I assume you'll want some Zero Gravity adaptation and some form of enhanced mobility like Flight.

Power Profiles and Gadet Guides helps a FUCKTON with stuff like this but is far from necessary. I'm sure there are some example builds in the Handbook.

Which Power Profiles or Gadget Guides do you think would be useful?

Also, in one of the Powers for the Battlesuit archetype, there is a Move Object 10, Accurate 4 effect. In that instance, what could the Accurate possibly apply to? I could see if it were Damaging then it would be necessary, but it isn't damaging.

Life Support, Flight, Space Travel to get from planet to planet and Senses if you really want to go in for Exploration as the suits purpose

That's the bare minimum needed for a Suit expected to survive and operate on its own in space, everything else is just basic battlesuit stuff and a few ranks in Senses if you really want to go in for Exploration as the suits purpose

I'd also highly recommend checking out the Cosmic Handbook as it has a load of tips for games based in space

Two other questions and I'm good. What about physical enhancements? Would stuff like Enhanced Ranged Combat or Enhanced Close Combat be good? Enhanced Strength? Maybe even Leaping?

Second question, where can I find a copy of the Cosmic Handbook for free?

Thanks for your assistance.

I put some equipment together, it's 2nd ed but you can make it work for you.

>I find a copy of the Cosmic Handbook for free?
Check the PDF share thread it should be in the archive with the other M&M stuff
>What about physical enhancements?
Depends on what you want the suit to do

Here is the GM Kit that has a bunch of Quickstart options for character creation, look at the Battlesuit section and just pick the stuff you want that fits your idea for the character

Don't forget your personal skills. A lot of people build combat monsters that can't do anything else.

Honestly, if you're planning on buying more than 2 power profiles or gadget guides, I would recommend just buying the whole books. A lot of the profiles can translate into the other (basically there's plenty of powers you can add to a suit of armor just by adding a removable flaw to them, like the Corrosive power in one of the profiles easily able to be altered into an acid gun.)

Move Object, unless it is Perception Range (not to be confused with Area Perception) functions like a Ranged Strength without the Damage bonus. I believe it describes it by default usually having a "tracking beam" effect.

Right, I understand that's how Move Object functions, but why on Earth would it need Accurate, if it were not also Damaging as well?

You have no idea how many people forget this. You can't be a space sherriff if you can't solve crimes or be personable with civilians.

I made sure to put some points in Presence as well as a few interaction skills, plus my Investigation is through the roof, so none of that is any concern.

It still requires an attack roll to hit a target.
So lets say you have ranged move object 10.
You would make a ranged attack roll using whatever the total attack bonus is versus the target's dodge defense.
If you win you would hit them and then are able to make opposed moved object checks versus their strength to do stuff like grapple or move them.

Space sheriff and other cosmic stuff is woefully underutilized

Oh, you're talking about using move object against people, like picking up a bad guy into the air. That I could understand needing an attack check for. What would you use as your attack bonus with move object, anyway? Dexterity because its ranged?

Yeah it works just like any other ranged attack so it's based off of dex.

You actually do need to make an attack check to hit objects.
But since objects are automatically defenseless you make it as a routine check or roll normally and auto crit.

>Space sheriff is woefully underutilized
It really is

p 10

No Guts no glory
No pain no gain

I forget the exact names but i know all of these powers can be made in MnM real easy

Universal translator, some kind of repair/healing capacity, long distance communication, sensors/enhanced senses, protection from radiation/ extreme cold and heat ( defense against cosmic rays is critical)
and probably communicate with computers to interface with alien ships and tech.

So... new topic to keep the M&M thread going?

How about:
Have you ever converted heroes from another media to play as your own characters/to add to your setting?
Did you play as the actual character or did you make some changes to make the character your own?
Which characters you did?

Pics related.
I've done most of the cast of Fractured But Whole heroes for my setting. Some are closer to their game selves (Stan, Wendy, Jimmy and Kenny are basically just adult versions of themselves with some changes in their powers) some have similar powers to the game character but fairly different personalities (Timmy, Clyde) some have similar personalities but different powers (Butters, Token, Tweek, Craig) and a few are so different that they're more inspirations than conversions (Scott and Kyle). And of course everybodies backstory is different.