Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Radical genestealer edition

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for a skitarii HQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=V-YMzn23Jpc

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554
>Codex Blood Angels PDF Expires 16-Dec
sendit.cloud/bqk6c7c548ue

First for Da Boyz

and second

And Third. Who can possibly compete?

>attacking four times before anyone else
I2 no longer!

Alright boyz, party is over.

The survey expired 4 days ago.

Get it out of the OP pls.

Also, finished my first Genestealer Cults model. I messed up the banner when I sprayed it so its not great, but I think I did well in the paint scheme. My highlighting could get better...

>Plasteel stock
>Has no stock

Back

Banner needs more shading.
Torso armour needs some edge highlighting, it looks sorta dull.
Looks good otherwise.

Well clearly it's folded behind the gun.

xth for ebin reference.

I just started playing that game again yesterday, fug

Why are devastators in melee?

>Cannot be learned

It's from Regicide, the 40k chess game. I think Devastators are the Rooks.

Worst Codex so far?

>2nd ed the loyalist ones were all dead c'ept Russ and Johnson.

You got sources for these? My 2e fluff-fu is a but rusty.

Grey Knights, no question.

Poor second company marine. You shall be missed

Where is this from? And can I play as Orks?

slaangors when
any slaanesh unit that isn't a dominatrix when
I want murderraping things that aren't feminine as well

Grey Knights.
I'll still kick you're fucking butt anyway

warmaster when

fires of cyraxes when

Fa/tg/uys and Ca/tg/irls!
I come to you in search of wisdom and advice!
How much fun would you have against this list and how viable do you think it would be?

SPACE WOLVES CHAPTER:

VANGUARD DETACHMENT [+1 CP] (906 pts):
- HQ:
BJORN THE FELL-HANDED (210 pts) + Helfrost Cannon (25 pts) + Trueclaw (0 pts) + Heavy Flamer (17 pts)
- ELITES:
MURDERFANG (200 pts) + Storm Bolter (2 pts) + Heavy Flamer (17 pts)
Venerable Dreadnought (90 pts) + Fenrisian Great Axe (40 pts) + Blizzard Shield (15 pts) = (145 pts)
Venerable Dreadnought (90 pts) + Fenrisian Great Axe (40 pts) + Blizzard Shield (15 pts) = (145 pts)

BLOOD ANGELS CHAPTER:

VANGUARD DETACHMENT [+1 CP] (928 pts):
- HQ:
Librarian Dreadnought (130 pts) + Furioso Force Halberd (0 pts) + Furioso Fist (40 pts) + Meltagun (17 pts)
Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought (120 pts) + 2x Dreadnought Combat Weapon (2x40=80 pts) + 2x Heavy Flamer (2x17=34 pts)
- ELITES:
Death Company Dreadnought (90 pts) + Blood Talons (65 pts) + Storm Bolter (2 pts) + Meltagun (17 pts) + Magna-grapple (5 pts) = (179 pts)
Furioso Dreadnought (69 pts) + Furioso Fist (40 pts) + Frag Cannon (38 pts) + Heavy Flamer (17 pts) = (164 pts)
Furioso Dreadnought (69 pts) + Furioso Fist (40 pts) + Frag Cannon (38 pts) + Heavy Flamer (17 pts) = (164 pts)

>black rim
>second company

Bird dominatrix horde

How do I use Dark Eldar Reavers? They are fast and can spit out a fuckton of splinter shots and some blaster fire but do I want to charge them into combat or do I just want to keep them on the flanks and dumping shots into the enemy?

Yep. Russ was waiting for the WOLFTIME and Jonson was still sleeping off the roofie Luther gave him.

Post cool HQs!

Anyone got the hammer of the emperor omnibus pdf?

Depends on the opponent
Ramming them into Tau infantry seems to work well for me

The response was stupid and gets a stupid response.

I said emotional old dudes were a problem, somehow he immediately jumps to the conclusion I think blacks are the problem and not emotional people.

That's fucking retarded.

When AdMech get transports and when GW releases plastic Sisters.

>hot mango pickle

Patak's Hot Mango Pickle is also one of my favorite HQs

>How much fun would you have against this list and how viable do you think it would be?

None

Let me read it though.

Nah probably would hate it if I had no tank busting shit. But your turns would be fast so that might not be so bad.

Don't shit up a new thread you guys

>10 Dreadnoughts
>field GKs: 2 GM Knights, two Naughts and a fuckton of Paladins
>field Nids: As many Genestealers and Hormagaunts I can fit, as well as a couple Hive Tyrants and Old One Eye leading a shitton of Carnifexes

You.
Me.
12'o'clock noon.
By the playground behind the school.

From Codex Imperialis
>Of the original twenty Primarchs only nine survived the Horus Heresy. The remainder were either killed in the fighting (like Horus) or fled with their Chapters into the Eye of Terror. The survivors helped the Emperor to rebuild the Imperium. A genetic hank war I'ormed from their gene-material so that ncw Space Marine Chapters could be rounded in the future. Although long lived, he Prinlarchs were not immortal and the last of their kind finally died after fourteen hundred years. Many extraordinary legends arc [old of the deeds of' the Primarchs. many of which are preserved by thc lore of the Marine Chapters. Today the Primarchs are worshipped alongside the Emperor as saints in the pantheon of the Chapter cults. Their tombs have become places of pilgrimage. and their bones and personal possessions revered relics

However!
Codex Angels of Death and Codex Spacewolves then go on to say
>Buried even deeper within the Rock, is the final, greatest secret of the Chapter. Only one person in the entire universe knows the truth - the Emperor himself. For hidden inside a secluded, unreachable chamber at the heart of what was once the planet Caliban, Lion El' Jonson lies sleeping, waiting with the Watchers in the Dark for that time when he will be needed once again to defend the Imperium against its enemies.

>Listen closely Brothers, for my life's breath is all but spent. There shall come a time far from now when our Chapter itself is dying, even as I am now dying, and our foes shall gather to destroy us. Then my children, I shall listen for your call in whatever realm of death holds me, and come I shall, no matter what the laws of life and death forbid. At the end I will be there. For the final battle. For the Wolftime." (last words of Leman Russ)

For when I purchase Primaris shit should I invest in an Apothecary if they'll be mingling in one detachment with my Deathwatch boys.

Fine.

thankyou

I just- I just can't stop smiling whenever I look at it, it just sounds so bad and good at the same time, so dreadful yet so fun!
You're on, you little shit!

I mean where in 2e does it talk about everyone else being confirmed dead?

From what I remember from old fluff is that Guilliman was in stasis and some people claim he's healing, even though it shouldn't be possible due to the stasis. Dorn was missing with only his arm found. Russ and Khan disappeared. I think Vulkan did as well. Ferrus and Sanguinius were confirmed dead.

>tfw no headless Ferrus warp ghost leading the legion of the damned as an actaul army

>genetic hank war

I think you mean the disembodied head of Ferrus Manus

why not both?

Because the orks charged them.

Is it actually hot or just moderately spicy?
I hate when they do that.

Blood DK is so much fun.

Thinking about using this as a general scheme for my death guards, any tips to get that schlik look to the tentacles?

That and what color should I use for flesh? Neutrals seem out of the question if clothes are neutral.

Are mutants heresy if they're cute enough to fuq?

>Head on a Relic Leviathan
>Headless body has a Legion of the Damned LoW tier

Colonel “Go ahead and shoot me with a Battle Cannon” Petrov

Just make sure to clean up when you're done. Fire and a bucket full of hot lead get the job done.

Does anyone else miss when 40k was a static setting?

>These are now actually good and fairly priced
This makes me so happy.

I wouldn't exactly call the plot a roiling, breakneck caper

No

What do you prefer user, Fists or Talons?

No, it was hardly static when kept adding events that were happening up until the end of .41M.

that'll learn me to copy past, I'll clean this up a bit

>Of the original twenty Primarchs only nine survived the Horus Heresy. The remainder were either killed in the fighting (like Horus) or fled with their Chapters into the Eye of Terror. The survivors helped the Emperor to rebuild the Imperium. A genetic bank was formed from their gene-material so that new Space Marine Chapters could be founded in the future. Although long lived, the Primarchs were not immortal and the last of their kind finally died after fourteen hundred years. Many extraordinary legends are told of the deeds of the Primarchs many of which are preserved by the lore of the Marine Chapters. Today the Primarchs are worshipped alongside the Emperor as saints in the pantheon of the Chapter cults. Their tombs have become places of pilgrimage and their bones and personal possessions revered relics

No. The setting moving again has brought a lot more good than bad.

I can't paint well enough for cool HQs, just normal HQs.
I know that feel. My count as Straken is known for taking missiles to the face after failing charges.

>Give him a bodyguard so he doesn't get shot so much in the face
>Bodyguard makes the charge but Straken doesn't
>Straken gets blown up

Happened about 3 times before I realized, charge with Straken first and if he fails, don't charge the bodyguard in.

For The Dead Walk Again do the Pox walkers need to be in range of the unit or the model that's slain?

Talons. Rerolling everything makes up for my shit luck. Also, witht he chapter tactic, S10 will still allow you to wound everything on 2+ during the first turn of combat.

Add 2 heavy flamethrowers to this, to make the heretics extra crispy.

Fucking yes. The world was so well designed for the gameplay, with explicit excuses for Your Guys and Your Battles, and every change makes it smaller.

Yes, is a fair point but it was nicer to have my dudes making a tiny difference in a small corner of the setting than my dudes watching the narrative.

it's sat in there for a long enough time that I don't remember

Aaah, good choice! Does the Chapter tactic still work if I use this list?

post dreadnoughts

I will say that I do like the changes, but I really hate characters.

I have to go digging to remember exactly where, but I'm sure I'm right about those two. Dorn got his hands chopped off, presumed dead. Khan went... somewhere. Vulkan I'm hazy on. Corax got killed doing something fucking retarded, that I'm pretty sure on. But the point of the legends were to inspire humanity to keep jumping into the meat grinder, not to magically show up and save humanity because 40k is about humanity enduring endless warfare because it's either fight or die and not having superheroes save the day because humans are 'good'.

He makes a cameo in MoM.

It's static now

Nah I like that they're moving it on, I just want them to be careful with it. While not related to plot I do feel like narrative and open play would have been a good opportunity to get special characters out of normal games

that stuff all comes later I think

Yes, if one of your detachment is 100% made out of units with the same keyword, you get to use the chapter tactics for them.

Here you go user! If you could give me some input on: that would be awesome!
Yis yis, my plans come ever closer to completion~

>One
? How would that even work?

I know that's what it was. I have no clue what the retcons have made them now.

Hello, i like Space Wolves

How does that work?

It's roughly the current state of affairs but all were dead save Johnson and Russ and the Heretics up till 4th ed I think

How does *that* work?

Was supposed to read how does what work in reference to

>hammer of the emperor omnibus
all the individual stories are in my trove at snip.li
/RPGNovels along with pretty much everything else published for 40k in novel audio or comic book form (still adding stuff)

Khan is having a hell of a time with Dark Eldar racing

Thinking of a plan for melee. The idea is a company champion, a squad of tacticals or assault marines, and an apothecary to work as a kind of speed bump. Champion to dish out damage, squadies as ablative wounds, and the medic to help sustain the group. Obviously it won't hold up to a dedicated blender, but to help tie up a lesser threat or a shooty mob, would be viable?

How does only one habe the keyword, thought they all need to share. Do they not need to use the keyword like chaos for both but if they all have the faction they get it? But so you get multiple faction bonuses if tou have a different faction too in a separate detach?
Do both get the faction bonus?

So many questions.

>that stuff all comes later I think

3e Index Astartes releases had pretty much all of that, and some of it has been reprinted over the years, even recently.

>the point of the legends were to inspire humanity

Since 3e the primarch fluff, apart from Horus, Ferrus and Sangy, has pretty much been "missing/stasis/waiting, presumed dead by the Imperium." So them suddenly coming back isn't some drastic rewriting of history. And daemon primarchs were always there doing their thing.

I've actually played this list before, and its pretty fucking fun to play as. Not sure they guy across me was having much fun while my stuff had 3+ invulns though.

Thank you for remaining calm in the face of obnoxious trolling. Godspeed soldier.

I said chaos but i meant imperial or whatever