/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

We mourn the kits that were lost

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/bgy1rqd6

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

the world that was:

Can Black Ark Corsairs be female?

Yes. Dark elves (with exception of Witch Cult) are very equal-opportunity

The entire time I waited that something strange and funny would finally happen in this game. The Zar is a Khorne worshipper now. I'm slightly pleased.

What are all those spooky black spaces

Where can I buy Freeguild Outriders? I'm going crazy

They're available in Canada

What country?

Hmm, struggling In UK and EU

I'd ship some to you if you were willing to pay fees, but it might be cheaper to go ebay

UK, desperately need them for Rough Riders

If you are okay paying for shipping to UK, email me here
[email protected]

I have no idea what you mean. The mountains?

You're a star; I'm popping round a few local gaming shops between now and Christmas to see if anything turns up, otherwise I shall get in touch. Thank you.

I guess? The big gray mottled spaces and the province of pitch blackness in the south

I've got 1500 of night goblins, think of selling. Are they good right now? I might keep them in that case

Nets are baller, Night Goblins are the only infantry ones worth fielding in 8e imo
Though if you're worried about current trends you might be in the wrong thread

Cool thanks one more question. Is age of sigmar the fantasy 30k?

Not really. It's like the fantasy World of Warcraft to Warhammer fantasy's Warcraft 3

Yes. Women are generally expected to only take up arms at times of war, but the corsair fleets are an exception. Women still face increased difficulty rising to the rank of captain of their own ship. If anything, this makes them even more ruthless.

In /aosg/

That's what they are called now on the website, no point in asking for an old name for a dead game

Guess you should go ask the living game.

I remember either reading or hearing somewhere that the entirety of the Dark Elf race warriors (assassins and sorceresses count) and that basically all menial or else non war related tasks are performed by slaves. Is that right? Are there really no Dark Elf merchants, craftsmen etc? I imagine a Dark Elf bank manager could gain a great deal of pleasure from the misery of his customers with mortgage rates that are downright sadistic.

There definitely are some depicted in the Malus Darkblade series.

T-tzarina!?

Good friend, if you could just come with me...

Does anyone have any advice for 6e skaven lists?

>didn’t have gunpowder
>didn’t have animated constructs yet
>were still mortal humans
>raided lizardmen, BTFO greenskins and stole shit from pre-war of the beard dwarfs
>got all the way to Cathay and pushed their shit in

How the fuck did they do that? What made ancient Nehekara so damn powerful?

they wuz kingz

settra man
settra

Nehekaran humans were taller and stronger than regular humans if that return to the golden age spell is anything to go by. and they had their own version of chaos warriors, along with great cavalry, magic weapons and great tactics and strategies. Back before nehekara was a desert it was super fertile and could support massive populations, so their armies were vast enough to pull those wins off. Still Donny know how they successfully seized dwarfs though when high elves weren’t even able to pull it off

Midgets were crippled by War of Beard and Orc, Skaven wars.

Is there any illustrations of pre-bonez Kangs?

Tomb kings at their peak, right before Nagash turned their land to shit, would BTFO the empire scrubs.

Also, if the statues looked like living men back then, why are they all skeletons now?

Those aren't statues, they're local giants.

They don't look like inbred monstrosities, are you sure they're "local"? They almost look like Sky Titans that somehow went to Nehekara and decided to join the kangz.

Nehekara gods made their own giants to guard the lands, so it could be one of those. But this is Nagash era Kangz, they would have had animated constructs of their own by now. Some of them didn’t look like skeletons and instead looked like the gods or Kings in the flesh. The “everything is bones” is just from a limited modeling range

Forgot pic. But seeing how active the gods were to the kangz, it makes me wonders how great the empire could be if their gods cared and interacted with their people in a similar level

Sweet! Thanks :)

They were basically the Persian Empire or Egyptian-Mongol hybrids. Technically outclassed but they had floods and floods of manpower, very talented warriors, and they gobbled up a bunch of lesser peoples to strengthen themselves before tackling bigger foes.

So in terms of human civilizations, can we agree

Ancient Nehekara > Cathay > the empire > Ind > Bretonnia > Araby > nippon > the shitty tiny countries that should have been wiped out or absorbed by the empire

>Cathay above Empire

Lizardmen at their peak >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Elves at their absolute height >>>>Dwarfs at their height>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any of those scrub human factions

>larger population
>demigod ruler
>actual dragons
>whole armies of smart ogres
>animated constructs like the tomb kings, some that can swim through soil ground as if it were water
>cannons
>automaton soldiers
>stronger navy
Cathay would bootyblast the empire

An orc teared off the head of dragon emperor and shit down his neck, who was killed by Archaon but defeated by Sigmar.

>Ind>Bretonnia

I wouldn't be so mad about this if we had any real basis for what Ind is like beyond 'here be spices.' We don't even know if they're a united kingdom, a confederation, or what. All we can really talk about are Nehekhara, Bretonnia and the Empire, perhaps Araby as well, but no other human civilization is written near enough about.

An orc teared off the head of Cathay dragon emperor and shit down his neck, the same orc who was killed by Archaon. And Archaon was defeated by Sigmar.

Sigmar > Archaon > Grimgor > Shit Chink Wizard Lizard

Funny because literally none of that shit happened, not even in the expanded josh Reynolds fan fiction version.

Then who destroyed Cathay? Mermen of Mad Count?

As far as we know, Ind doesn't even have a standing military. What are you on about?

Even if we go on the fan fiction, Cathay withstood the chaos invasion and defeated the Skaven uprising before Grimgor actually arrived. Dragon Emperor refuses to fight Grimgor and escapes with whatever soldiers and citizens he can save. Cathay is a people, not a place

What a pussy he was, can't even challenge orc unlike real Emperor.

If he died that would have been the extinction of Cathay. He’s too old and too smart to waste his life in a duel because “muh honor”

>the shitty tiny countries that should have been wiped out or absorbed by the empire

oh you mean the coolest part of the old world?

What else is there aside from the Border States?

He didnt mention Tilea and Estalia so maybe them? Also, Kislev

>coolest part
There is literally nothing interesting there that couldn’t have just been covered by the empire. They don’t even make sense, being so small and lacking in anything special. Should have been wiped out by a sizable orc WAAAGH or the tomb kangz, or even the empire

Well when the Kangs were still livin' the giants aren't inbred massively back then.

Reposting the TW Kurgan army list I made months ago, still looking for any little scraps of lore I may have missed to incorporate.

>no Crom

Also this one, albeit only just.

UNBEROGENS!

I never understood what these tower were supposed to be.

They stole shit before the War of the Beard, during Dorf Golden age.

Space marines pods

Wizard towers that fire spells and breaths fire. Seriously i don't know why the empire cry about the rarity of steam tanks when they have this.

That's one happy kitty he has on his helm.

I wish they had (at least optional) fluff, rules and models for things like these and those flying Goblin ships, plus whatever equivalent the other factions have to these.

I miss my thunderbarge...

>Early contact with elves may be why tileans are so different from bretonnians, the elf-men
???

Witchfate Tors have been sold as a scenery. I think AOS is bringing them backs as well.

Anyone else excited for Oathmark?

Right now I'm working on implementing the runesmith in the game, do you think it would be cool to play as one ?

How would you implement it? You are supposed to play a lord, ruling over a dynasty.

Bretonnians just settled in the ruins and are bamboozled by wood elves and damsels, Tileans actually met and traded with High Elves.

They all descend from morgrim, so i'm adding a trait specific to their dynasty, then create an event giving male with the trait possibility to become journeyman runesmith, then it progress into runesmith, and finally runelord (although reaching that last stage should take a good 250 years)

And what does that add?

>implying Skaven aren't distilled humanity

How can anything feed itself in the dark lands?

Dogs of War is older than 6th ed Brets.

unpassable terrain

>yfwy bretonnia is basically an elf cargo cult

Not as much as I would like, it's mostly fluff as I have yet to figure how to implement runic artifacts and rune casting

Mushrooms, squigs. Orcoids are basically plants .

Most things can't, I imagine. I figured that the Chaos Dwarfs tend to farm stuff underground, probably various kinds of mushroom as suggests.

>Darklands is Mordor

No. The River Ruin is freezing cold.

Actually Mordor is actually *more* habitable than the dark lands, thanks to the sea of Nurn in the south, around which all the crops are grown.

The lower end at least is boiling, probably due to volcanism.
That's why it's called the Scalding Delta.

Has anyone here contemplated writing their own version of WHFB before for the hell of it? I know there's Kings of War and T9A. The former is clean and plays well but lacks a lot of the "messiness" of Fantasy IMO, while T9A is a "Nofunallowed" wannabe. I know Mathias Eliasson wrote his own unofficial 9th ed also.

What would you do different for the core rules?
What would you change in armies?
What else would you want to explore?

Go.

Hey guise remember endhammer?

I missed out on that discussion. Wasn't that mostly alternate fluff?

I imagine a certain amount of it is just steppe.
The Nehekharans had colonised the Plain of Bones before the Great Catastrophe and they called it the Plains of Plenty.

Got some lost knowledge from the old dead links prepping for upload, thanks to some very cautious Russians.

Thanks user, you're the best.

I really want Nekheharan models and Tomb Kings.