What would you consider an edgy player character?

I have this friend who in 5E always plays a half demon chaotic evil warlock who only wears black, only works alone, and is a self insert Mary Sue. I tried explaining to them as a DM this would be very hard to take seriously, and their response was not the kindest. This is what I would consider EDGY. Do you guy's have a player similar to this in your groups, and what do you guys consider edgy.

What was their response if not the kindest?
As a GM, you're there to create a fun time, are you still having fun, user?

As for what I would consider edgy, it would be trying to have an amped character who forces the story, including that of other plays, to bend around them and then tries to dismiss the story as a stand-alone agent, despite having certain characteristics that most certainly stand out, or at the least doesn't fit in with the group.
And I had a player like that in my group. Past tense due to failure to make a character that positively -- and not even in a friendly way, but in any significant capacity -- interacted with the group and wasn't an attempted one-person wank fest.

Sounds pretty edgy to me. But edge also depends on how you roleplay your character. You can make a CE half demon warlock work if you play it interestingly enough. Maybe he actively hides his identity and secretly uses the party to further his own ambitions and eventually grows fond of them. But if he's just playing an antisocial, lone wolf murderer, then that's probably bad roleplaying.

anyone whos on the chaotic scale,talks using a deep voice, works along, and first instinct on meeting a rando npc is to intimidate, strangle, cut, stab, kill, slit, steal, rape, fondle, grope, etc.

>and what do you guys consider edgy.
When someone intentionally makes a character in the extremes.

Generally musing on about good and evil basically not existing or ever typing "Good" with the quotation marks around it followed by some fucking platitude is what marks edgelords to me. That or deriving sexual pleasure from killing someone.

And let's say Tieflings with blue hair.

Yes it is edgy. But not the hardest to deal with. If they make others have a hard time or yourself you can easily deal with it considering they are a warlock and you are working within 5e confines. Make it so their patron is spiteful and will punish them if they use their powers outside necessary means. (This is especially fun to force teamwork if they are a Fey pact)
Some people are just edgy I guess and if it doesnt make you cringe so hard you cant play just be creative and work around it. You dont need to be scornful but if necessary you can shake him up a bit.

Sounds like the guy we just got rid of. He did a lot of crazy shit and basically wouldn't let anyone else in the party have a good idea without either ruining it immediately or inserting himself into the scenario.

>receives a magic axe and so gives the paladin his old magic sword since he didn't have anything magic
>few sessions later it becomes apparent that the axe is cursed when a fight ends and he keeps swinging it at an ally
>the paladin grapples very hard to get the axe away from her, nearly dying in the process
>finally the axe is removed and the curse abated
>while the paladin is prone bleeding out, he has this big breakdown about how he's so sorry and regrets ever touching the axe
>it's not bad roleplaying for a minute, but it's immediately ruined by him getting up and taking the magic sword back from where it was dropped without even asking
>after this same fight, our new party member finds a horse from the people that attacked us and tries to calm it
>problem player immediately leaves the second attempt at the "i'm so filled with regret" conversation to go "help" calm the horse. Nearly ended up taking it for himself before the rest of the party interfered, but not before he managed to name the horse some mary sue elvish shit.

>the party managed to impress a commander of a local military outpost, an important figure in the story
>as we're leaving the tent, he stays behind to threaten and insult the commander, ruining all the progress we made

>after a fight with some goblins, tries to drag one of the ones we captured around with some rope as a lease, yelling about how he has a new pet. This is right in the middle of the two talkative PCs finally getting some info out of the goblins.
>after we calm him down, question, befriend, then free the goblin and start looting his comrades he gets upset and nearly attacks us because "Goblins are prideful and prideful and wouldn't like it"
>actually attempts to kill us in our sleep with the cursed axe

A bit of edginess isn't necessarily terrible, but the real problem is this:
>only works alone

How does your friend make his characters workwith the rest of the party?

>only works alone
Who does he think he is, Pierre Kirby?

The reason "edgy" characters tend to be bad isn't because they are wild and "unrealistic". For the most part, the most interesting characters tend to ALSO be very wild and very "unrealistic", but what separates a good character from a bad character is depth. Most "edgy" characters are very shallow because they substitute traits for personality. It's a classic case of "show, don't tell". A demon "tells" people he is bad news with his appearance, while a proper villain or anti-hero "shows" it with his actions.

Talk to your player and explain to him why it's important for his half-demon chaotic evil warlock to act a certain way in the game. You can discuss with him how a chaotic evil character who works alone is probably going to have a hard time interacting with the party and maybe even give him a peek behind the screen as to why you can't spend all your time and effort trying to keep him from going off the rails. If he understands how hard it is on you he may adapt his character slightly to play better with the party and the game. Encourage him to add nuance to the character rather than forcing him to change outright. Example: "You can play this half-demon warlock, but explain to me why he works with the party. How does he feel about working with the party? Is there any way you see him growing or changing as a character over the course of the adventure?"

Would a slave child soldier on the run from being hunted for his organs be edgy? Asking for a friend.

But user, what if you naturally have a deep voice?

Yeah, the intentions behind some of the stuff sounds familiar.
The problem player once torched an npc alive in order to "get rid of the body."

I wouldn't say so, especially if it fits the campaign feel. It depends on how you play them though, not what they are. Like said.

self-insertion, chaotic or lawful evil, lone wolf playstyle even if he is in a party, any caster, rogue, or ranger, drow, tiefling, and dragonborn

Its not the character, its the player.
>pimply faced teen
>fedora
>trenchcoat
>abnormally scrawny or fat male
>neckbeard
>owns a katana that he bought
>skinny jeans
>no gf in the last year and not working on improving self

Any of these is auto-DQ.

Played with an edgyish guy will call him W.
>tiefling
>rouge
>loot hoarder
?chaotic evil I think
The standard, I want to be evil introduction though. Not much of a backstory has a sister that he loves blah blah. You get the gist.

Anyway W is off to an alright start we all meet in tavern and he doesn't sit at the dark corner of edgevill and instead joins us all in the land of gib quest. Bartender is lil dwarf he gives lil dwarf quest marker of go meet mayor we gots gobo trouble.

okie dokie we leave tavern all is normal

>rouge(w) whispers to dm
>shit is about to go off
>rouge rolls
>nothing.jpg all eyes shifty

We meet mayor >THERES GOBLINS AND THEY TAKE STUFF MAKE NOT DO

okay go to murder goblins.
Rouge(W) passes note to dm as we leave town
>rolls
>nat 20.jpg
>Red alert mode activated
All is calm though. Too calm.

We reach goblins hide out dank swamp. Theres five of us W Rouge Me Monk T Ranger R wizard C cleric. This is okay as we get ready we make plan W goes to scout and comes back to tell us there be goblins doin goblin shit We make plan with info that there are 4 goblins around a small fire. So walk in slaughter leave is good plan.

>We walk up dirt path noting it is fairly wide for just a couple goblins, dm wat are you hinting.jpg
>Perception check fail all but W W says all is normal
>W splits from party to sneak in nottheplan.jpeg
>one last note and roll
20.jpg
>leaves to bushes
Me, T, R, and C go in to small clearing no goblins.jpeg Fires pop up around edges of clearing bows and swords glinting from area around W's face spotted in trees.
>trap.jpg
Four of us back to back. But these ain't goblins around us. its fucking orcs. its fucking 8 orcs.
We aren't pussies though T draws Bow R draws Wizbiz C draws holy symbol
... >Dm you reach for your favored weapons and find them missing. To all of us no spell focus or book no holy symbol no quarter staff no dagger no arrows T has bow that is it.
>W laughing from edge

one of our players LIVES for the edge in the worst way.
Every character he makes is some sort assassin or sociopath so he can sit there with a gleeful smirk and justify playing a grand theft auto style lunitic as "its what my character would doooo!"
This is the guy who suggested we break a prisoner's legs every night as we traveled so he couldn't run away then have the cleric heal him every morning but whines "it's not EEEVIL!" if you call him on it.

Though it's possible for a character to not be edgy with only one or two the following traits, having three or more of them is usually enough to declare the character edgy:
>Alignment is any evil or CN
>Character is a half-breed, tiefling, aasimar, vampire, or werecreature
>Weapon of choice is a knife, katana, handheld firearm, scythe, or a custom weapon (usually 1-handed)
>Parents are abusive or dead (bonus points if character watched them die)
>Rape of any kind is involved in the backstory
>Attire is concealing, predominately dark, covers the face partially/fully, and/or form fitting
>Name is not real name or is overly "unique"
>Character is or was an assassin
>Character is/looks around 12-24 years old
>Character has a "stylish" scar (one that does not detract from appearance much)
>Character wields fire, death, or "dark" magic
>Betrayal is a theme in the backstory

Damn, I got five of these.

>Not had a gf in the last year
H-Heh heh, what a l-loser ammarite friends!

Wait, so we're not supposed to take goofy fantasy names?

Think he meant edgy ones like
>blood, death, black, dark, the anything

So, going off of 's listed names one could come up with the non-edgy(?) names Blodeth Dack or Dethod Blark.

Ah, I get it. I would also add any name that has an apostrophe in it.

Sadly I'm that guy when it comes to edgy characters in pathfinder.

>Fetchling Rouge sniper with prestige in assassin

>Shadow black skin w/ glowing blue-green eyes

>Cut off left ring finger to use hidden blade as a parrying weapon

>Constantly wears black robes w/ hood up to conseal identity

>Schitzophrenic due to a long forgotten implanted experimental interdimensional entertainment crystal.

>Generally murder hobos depending on his mood, determined by a secret d100 roll.

>Literally just draws agro in battles by taunting the enemies like a bard, unless he kills them outright in the first round.

>Literally made a boss kill himself due to his taunting

>When not pissing off enemies or guards, he's pissing off quest givers, shopkeeps, or the party as a whole

>Goes by the alias "Shade"

I really hate when dark brooding characters can't keep their mouth shut, although it can be funny very occasionally.
Imagine how much of a pansy batman would look like if he haggled with shopkeepers over pocket change. At that point you're not a badass, you're a bored middle-aged woman who's desperate for attention.

Fuck why have I never thought to play a bored middle-aged woman.

He doesn't haggle with them, he just harasses them as he's supplied by a world wide trade association.

wat
user explain this.

Basically the world is run by a global trade association, which he happens to be basically an Agent 47 for. They supply him with gear for a generally lower price. Thus he just harasses shoppers for entertainment purposes. Sometimes selling them stolen goods from other shops whilst using disguise self as someone else, then sitting back to watch the shit show.

Which ones ?

>world
>trade
how is it that you haven't attempted to 9/11 it yet

Because I haven't gotten my hands on an airship. Yet.

didn't realize it until much later but my first character was kinda edgy
>parents dead
>sold into slavery as a child
>escaped to burn down his village that sold him
>worked for the villains in the setting for a long time
>betrayed the party
>summoned daemons to strengthen his dragon-themed army
>slaughtered thousands in order to appease the death god
>jumped on the main hero's sword as the final step of a vast ritual to become a black dragon/shadow dragon

good god I loved this bastard

Alchemist's fire can't melt adamantine beams

get off the chan, drew

Tell me if my character's edgy, friends.
>LE
>Warlock
>Devil pact
>Wants nothing more than to spread the good word of Asmodeus

but

>Happy-go-lucky
>Extremely friendly
>Eternally Optomistic
>Thinks he's doing good

Pic somewhat related.

how often does he kill NPCs?

>>Alignment is any evil or CN
>>Parents are abusive or dead
>>Rape of any kind is involved in the backstory
>>Character wields fire, death, or "dark" magic
Wow, what a surprise. My Drow Warlock is edgy.

Only when the party initiates combat. It's just that in combat he does it a fuckton, cause one of his pact features grants him temp hitpoints every time he kills something. Outside of that, not ever. He just wants everyone to be happy.

Depends on the character’s actions. Characteristics are edgy but mannerisms aren’t causing contrast. Do they kill npcs a lot?

In that case it’s funny af and not edgy really.

>My young Half-Elf rogue/chef/bard is edgy
Just a little half-elf who was made to work in kitchens.
>Weapon of choice is a knife
I am doing a dagger only run because her only weapon is her chef's knife.
>Parents are abusive
Her father is politically cornered into shunning her to make her work in the kitchens.
She is a young noncombatant style character.

She just wants to cheer on the group and have some adventure in her life

Whew. Was worried there for a while.

She looks cute.

WTF

This is like an evil 4 year old. Why do they bother apologizing so much if they don't even mean it? How old is this player?

get out

>NE
>old one tome pact warlock
>Gnome
>went into seclusion after blundering across the one in a million chance of creating an eldritch item while tinkering
>music box that plays atonal revelation granting nightmare fuel
>spends time in isolation studying the stars, comes to desire more power to better think like them and learn all sorts of shit
>crossbow, three knives, little axe and staff focus
>focus on debufs and flavors of mind control/compulsion
>parents are fine. Just distant due to the whole "I took some time to gibber at the stars" thing
pk: shreked

Well the apology was in-character, but the greed wasn't. Evidently having the big epic heartbreaking moment was fairly important, but the greed for items and loot was paramount.

It's all good now because we found an in-game reason for the character to not be in the party any more.
>Finally get to the outpost we've been headed to for days in game, weeks irl
>after greeting, resupplying, and resting, the first thing s/he does is "spar" with the dragonborn bard who is twice as derpy, but twice as nice to make up for it
>bard rolls like a monster and gets showboaty with it, riles up the crowd and it's sort of like wrestling
>elf mary sue is super pissed off but eventually capitulates, but as it's leaving the fighting circle takes a swing at an innocent bystander who was just cheering
>immediately surrounded by a dozen pissed off soldiers and a paladin that's been raring to go since the axe debacle
>realizes shit is serious and gives up
>party doesn't vouch at all, even encourages a harsher punishment when asked about it
>DM isn't that cruel, just exiles her back to her home continent
Gossip is that he immediately made the exact same character in another campaign. I feel bad for them.

I have a player who always plays a black knight. Strong and silent type, responds to all interactions with snarls, threats, or silence (in increasing order of likelihood) even to other PCs, will go out of his way to start fights with anyone who doesn't immediately cowtow to his wishes, and worships death gods only.

Every. Single. Character. He's. Made.

He plays for a death metal band in real life. So at least he plays what he knows. But it's so blatantly lone wolf edgelord that it almost always leads to teamfighting TPK derailing bullshit.

And since 5e broke the alignment restriction on paladins, he's only doubled down. I don't want to play with him anymore. So I won't.

>Attire is concealing, predominately dark, covers the face partially/fully, and/or form fitting
I realize I had more once I got to think about it.

You pity this person? Damn. That's worse than hate.

I didn't pity the two weeabos that scared off my whole party.

>5e broke the alignment restriction on paladins
explain this to me. I played like 4 hours of baulder's gate one time and thought blackguards where the absolute hottest shit. That still an option or is it "le evil pally"

>Alignment:LE
>Character: tiefling
>Weapon of choice is: Shortbow, claws, and a bardiche.
>Parents are: frontiersmen, a former bandit and a former concubine nomad.
>Rape: No.
>Attire is: Blue tunic, mithral mail and helmet covering her face. She uses hat of disguise.
>Name: Medieval one.
>Character is or was an assassin: Bounty Hunter, but everyone in the group just calls her assassin for simplicity.
>Character is/looks around 12-24 years old: Most adventurers should be around 15 years old. She looks 17.
>Character has a "stylish" scar: scales. Armor of the Pit feat.
>Character wields fire, death, or "dark" magic: no, but she consort with magic user who use this kind of magic.
>Betrayal is a theme in the backstory: Maybe...I have to think about it. Main theme would be identity crisis.

one of my players is making an edgelord tiefling arcane trickster in the next campaign, but she's doing it ironically, and i'm not DMing that campaign, so i don't care.

The age bit is unfair when half of the population should be around that age. Most players are also of that age too.

What makes an Edgy PC?
>being self-absorbed, to the point where the player doesn't realize they're self-absorbed
>need to dominate story with or without party/GM consent
>overly specific visual/background demands, typically stereotypical as fuck or just boring
>anything that makes more than half the other players cringe

As an example for the overly specific demand: I had a player who always, without fail, wanted their characters to be trans or have the rarest medical conditions that would technically classify them as non-gendered. They could not play a straight or gay character, it had to be some sort of syndrome or hermaphrodite thing. We were cool with him as a person, but come on man you can't be surprised we knew before you came out.

What I don't understand is why like half the transgendered players I had, play as like... "What is the gender" and the other half played it well.. not straight obviously... but they played as what they wanted to be.

What would you consider a stereotypical background? I get a lot of mercs who for some reason are Russian.

I played with a person who's character used a fake name, always went alone, had a dark and depressing backstory, was secretly of a powerful race, had a secret brand that he had to hide because he was formerly an assassin, he played a rogue, etc.

Literally caused the least problems of the group. He was close to self-aware but not quite.

That’s not even edgy really because they’re just playing the archetype. I fail to see how one could play a Warlock with GOO for a patron and not be a bit creepy. That’s not to say you can’t have fun with it though. I remember a guy on Web DM said he played a GOO Warlock Minotaur who’s patron was some sort of minotaur eldritch entity. He went around asking if he could do rituals on people’s cattle and said that it would improve their harvest when in fact it would just cause them to be reincarnated as minotaurs after they died.

What was that like? How did they play it well?

They did the least stupid shit in the group because their backstory couldn't allow them to stand out too much or the Assassin's guild will catch him.
So no fighting city guards, no screaming at merchants for not giving the paladin a discount, no fucking the town priestess because your character doesn't know what sex is.
So, I'd say it wasn't that he played it well (unless downplaying his edgyness counts) but the others were mentally deficient.

So the rest of your party was so edgy or "that guy", that this one quiet person was acceptable.

Wow.

The DM is a true faggot for letting him take items you would so obviously miss.

It also helped that the dude did 0 OOC drama and was actually trying to calm people down when it escalated for retarded reasons.

I have had moments where I wanted two players like that.

Weeaboos are terrible.

Why the fuck do you not have a whitelist of player options that exclufes tieflings (and dragonborn and monstrous races)?

>owns a katana that he bought
Reddit transplant bitch detected

(You)

I also have a player who's in a death metal band, yet is always the first to groan when another player or the GM goes into edgy territory and will almost never play a character that's not lawful/neutral good. Then again, he often plays monster races as well, claiming something like "I will either play as a human or a monster race. There's no point in playing as an Elf, doubly so for half-elves, since they're pretty much humans anyway."

Not him but you're fine. That's actually pretty awesome.

Oh look, a furry thinks I'm baiting

I don't mind edgy. Sometimes its the only way for a player to get invested in the game. What I'd have the most trouble with your player is that he's a loner in a team-based game. I can make demons work with angels. I can make chaotic evil work with lawful good. I can make warlocks work with paladins. I can make black trench coats work with white uniforms. I can make Mary Sues work with Average Joes. I can't make a loner work, unless he's only a loner superficially.

Technically, you only need to reduce a creature to 0 hit points, assuming this is 5E. But no one needs to know that.

>>Alignment is any evil or CN
CN, check
>>Character is a half-breed, tiefling, aasimar, vampire, or werecreature
human but he thinks he's half Gnoll
>>Weapon of choice is a knife, katana, handheld firearm, scythe, or a custom weapon (usually 1-handed)
Weapon is a 1h wheat sickle
>>Parents are abusive or dead (bonus points if character watched them die)
His parents were killed by bandits in a raid on their farm, the only thing he has left of them is the sickle. After that, he was found bleeding from the head in the middle of the woods by gnolls who raised him from the age of 7 to the age of 18, till some half-elves attempted to 'free him from gnollish slavery' and attacked his adoptive tribe
>>Rape of any kind is involved in the backstory
At the age of 15 he was working as a stablehand in the city when a horse tried to fuck him
>>Attire is concealing, predominately dark, covers the face partially/fully, and/or form fitting
He wears brown leather pants and a facemask because he's allergic to the horses he works with
>>Name is not real name or is overly "unique"
It's a name that was scratched into the sickle, Semaj Foytreporp
>>Character is or was an assassin
Nope
>>Character is/looks around 12-24 years old
He's 23
>>Character has a "stylish" scar (one that does not detract from appearance much)
It's not stylish, but he has a scar on his head rendering a patch of hair missing, probably from a club
>>Character wields fire, death, or "dark" magic
He isn't a caster
>>Betrayal is a theme in the backstory
The village was walled, someone had to let them in.

I promise he's not edgy though.

>At the age of 15 he was working as a stablehand in the city when a horse tried to fuck him

This shit is hilarious. It's as far from edgy as I can think of.

It happens more than you might realize and it's not a laughing matter when an animal that weighs 1200 pounds decides that it wants to fuck you with its foot-long cock.

He's also dyslexic and can't speak common very well, so he is mostly silent, with a grim expression. Because he has 'resting bitch face'.

more like "ruptured by horse face" amirite?

Seriously? I haven't been around horses much, but thanks for the warning.

I think you're (sub)consciously deconstructing the edgy guy trope and I love it.

Edgy needs the character to stand out. So long as the setting is dark enough you can excuse edge. Your average dark heresy PC is going to be edgy if put in a DnD or Pathfinder game, while that same character would be practically noble bright in paranoia.
But really I'd put most of it on anti-party behavior. As edgy characters only really get anoying if they hinder or cause conflict for the party.

Horses male or female can get very attached to their handlers.
It fucken hurts when a full grown mare decides to ram you into a wall with her ass.

He sometimes comes off as rude or blunt, but that's just due to his lack of linguistic skills and living with gnolls for most of his life. Some of his hobbies include writing poetry in gnollish (because it has a very simple alphabet and his dyslexia doesn't interfere with that...much), wood carving (he loves making toys for children) and tending to the party's horses (despite almost being raped by a stallion he still loves them a lot and only blames himself for not being more careful, he learnt his lesson). He's really swift, but due to his mannerisms he comes off as a bit slow, and with some things he is. Being CN he doesn't really have a direction, but that's because due to the loss of his biological parents and the scattering of his tribe he's trying to find purpose in life. That's why he's traveling with the party he's in, he knows he needs to learn the ways of the world, and he feels this is a great opportunity to do so.

>What would you consider a stereotypical background?
Belts-on-belts-on-belts, child of a monster, child of a god, anime hair, anime eye color, child of royalty, orphan, amnesia, etc, etc.

Really, if you can imagine a cringy greentext about something they want, rule of thumb says you say no. Exceptions are for when they want to subvert said cringy idea, it's a goofy short game where it can be played for laughs, or you really trust the player's roleplay chops to handle it well.

>fondle, grope
What if its a comic relief womanizer character? I don't really think those types are usually very edgy.

The great problem with edgy players is not edgy characters but their incapacity to be group players in a gaming group.

I've got a friend who loves to play a religious ex-military loner who kills those he deems unjust with a pistol. Everytime.

I'm fairly certain that constant optimism immediately disqualifies you from edginess. IMO the core of edgy is a "THERE IS DARKNESS IN MY SOUL AND EVERYONE IS EITHER EVIL, TAINTED OR NAIVE... HUMANS ARE BAD" type mindset.

QFT. The primary problem with an edgelord playing an antisocial homicidal maniac that steals everything not nailed down while screaming about fire and death and their horrible parents is the antisocial part.

If you can't play *with* the rest of the group, get out. I've seen too many groups ruined because one jackass ruins the fun for everyone else because they can't cooperate and play as a team for .

How do I deal with someone who wants to set everything on fire?

Underwater adventure

I am currently running a drow warlock rebelling against Lolth who is really antagonistic to everyone so i could be consider the edgiest player in the campaign, however the group really enjoys the character as he frustrates them in a good way and he also brings the laughs every time he his pride becomes damaged.

there's exceptions to all. To make an edgy character is usually a combination of a couple of those things

>There's no point in playing as an Elf, doubly so for half-elves, since they're pretty much humans anyway."
Well. He's not wrong.

Nothing. All players are accepted as long as they don't demand that they start out with outrageously powerful equipment.

My character committed suicide after a long shitty life after they saw the company they were working for do dickheaded things that was destroying the environment and no one listened to them. They felt they were utter useless as a person.

They were then reborn (the goddess of rebirth in our setting tries her best to give people with shitty lives happy reborn lives since trauma does carry over from that kinda stuff and she can't necessarily erase memories all the time) and don't remember what happened except that what happened was bad. Given the way rebirth works in the setting it's likely they're going to remember what happened in the past. Sooner or later they're going to confront the company. In the meantime they're trying to invent fantasy internet and fantasy cameras.

Is this edgy? The DM is pretty much okay with all this.

Unfortunately, I'm also guilty of this recently. Here's 2 of my chars:
>artificer
>complete madman
>betrayed his fellow slaves and sent them to death so that he could be more than a slave himself
>constantly switches sides and betrays almost every NPC
>every time he talks to a new person he uses a new name
Only saving graces would be that he constantly tries to pretend he's a detective (calls other characters assistants, gives them raises and ranks) but has 0 clue what's going on, always takes the side of other PCs and his mechanical servant is a big corgi.
Other char was basically pic related.
Their deaths were kinda awesome though.

Let me go through my Characters.
Done that once, if nihilism counts as CN.
Done that just once to, a half elve.
>Weapon of choice is a knife, katana, handheld firearm, scythe, or a custom weapon (usually 1-handed)
Never, not even if I count some OC Stuff in. Also you forgot dual wielding, if you ask me. I still kinda like katanas, despite all the meme, though.
Okay, now it gets a bit more. Would be three of them. 1 Bonus Point for watching them die, if you can count watching the nuclear explosion.
Bondage and /ss/ for one character, but no rape. Also it was just a tiny sidenote, nothing important.
One Time, but he was generally insane (and edgy). Turned into a more good hearted comedic relief character with some good heart as the Plot continued.
Not really overtly special, but I have kinda a weakness for german sounding names, sometimes.
Done that just one time and hell went I for full edge there with his backstory. Dead Parents, searches his lost brother, all the good shit.
All of them, no one is older than 25. I would try to play a older character, but I am a bit afraid that I would overdo it.
>Character has a "stylish" scar (one that does not detract from appearance much)
Once, basicly a X in the Middle of his Face.
Never, despite I really want to play a necromancer one day.
Not betrayal but some other edgy stuff. From the classic "MUH REVENGE" to "Childhood fighting Gangers" And part of one, if you count angry lynchmobs as gang.

because you totally only check and hold your weapons just as you're about to use them

If this was D&D, Devil-Tigers would have a "no good alignments" rule.
An Eastern vampire who came back from Hell, even.
Even if that trip to Hell was induced by a Japan trip that didn't go as she planned, leaving her stranded, broke and unpopular.
She's a twenty-something Tumblrina - running around with a visible weapon would be uncanny.
She carries a Beretta Model 76 in her purse, but otherwise she's not armed.
Not abusive - in fact, rather kind. Naomi has the pervasive conviction that she always deserves affection for free, however, and considers them blunt and uncaring.
For once, no.
Look at the picture.
Naomi Ramsey, then and now.
She'd love to be, sure. She's not. Never has been, and doesn't have even half the common sense needed.
She does look exactly 24, yes, and is 26.
If she had scars, it would mean she'd had a hard life. She hasn't.
Of her own choice. The fire magic isn't much more than demon-lights and the smell of sulfur, but she can turn metal objects into anti-ghost weapons, turn into a ten-foot winged asura and kill three men in five seconds.
If it counts that she betrayed the trust of everyone she knew, then yes.