Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Would your character ever get a Tailful Polymorph? What would they get Tailful Polymorphed into?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/YLikTing

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1hj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck you.

How good is Starfinder?

Someone who lives in a happy world where bad things only happen to bad people

meh

It's a dumpster fire. A game where cars can't make turns at more than 10 mph and you get worse at running a spaceship as you gain levels, I am in awe of how bad the rules are.

Well, it's general dies every other day, so take that as you will.

My group decided combat reflexes was trash ever since we realized that you can't take multiple AoO on someone for moving through multiple threatened squares as part of the same individual move action.

Which would you say is more poorly designed, Starfinder or the Shifter?

I have no idea what a tailful polumorph is.

Oh good lord

There's potential for a one-shot campaign to include this Ara~Ara~ priestess of Shub-Niggurath, HELP

>cars can't make turns at more than 10 mph
I don't care much about this. I ignore more vehicles rules.
>you get worse at running a spaceship as you gain levels
Explanation.
Also something about classes, weapons (The rules and the growing damage with levels is odd), races, the setting?

It's a minority game. That doesn't surprise me.

Is it a minority game or a shit game?

Anons HELP how do you deal with someone diving headfirst into your magical realm completely unintentionally

Just fap later and don't run games pent up. Literally just take a fucking cold shower.

Play the game like you normally do, and when it's over, either take a cold shower or jerk off furiously.

Well the ship rules have gotten better at least. The FAQ just straight said the numbers are wrong, and they're generally lower now. Also, you get skill-bonus class features now.

Tell me.

Just because you ignore something doesn't mean it's not shit. I mean, people ignored your ugly face, but it's still ugly.

Did you guys know Shifter's Edge got nerfed last month?

Stop projecting please.

please show us. I need a good laugh

Where are the REAL games? I'm tired of these anime premises, these shit lewd APs, these pvp games. Give me a CLASSIC adventure.

paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1hj

Okay, what do you mean by that?

What was it before?

No shit that sounds """"comfy"""" or like it's a shitty seasonal anime. Nothing that is just a paizo AP with the word "lewd" attached to it. And no game that has a built in traitor or incentivizes pvp.

So what if I just said Rise of the Runelords.

full level to damage

Here's where you can find the best games, every time: In person with a consistent group that meets in a house

Plain APs are milquetoast, but they're better than what we got now. But put the lewd shit in there, and fucking kill yourself.

>remove lewd
Okay, that eliminates a good third of Rise of the Runelords then.

Whoever is in charge of this stuff at Paizo needs to be given the ol sock-and-soap treatment

>mfw a character I hadn't planned at all gets to level 15, and will likely cap out at 20
>mfw he's stuck getting trash ribbon abilities since there's nothing else to take, while people without meme builds all ponder over which three gamechanging options to take
>mfw all the characters I was looking forward to playing at this level and had plans for, all had their games die immediately after they hit 7th level
>mfw still having fun in spite of this, just feeling fatigue from a long-running campaign

When life gives you lemons, I guess you gotta deal with it, even if lemonade isn't your thing.

>imply everybody didn't see it coming a mile away

Shifter had to be nerfed, so I'd say it's more overtuned than Starfinder.

I mean it's not like it doesn't have precedent.

Swashes get full level to damage, even if it is precision.

Swashes are also the SHITTIEST fighting style

feels bad, trips-user

And that still doesn't make it any less retarded

>Shifter
>Deserving a nerf
Nigga what?

>I'm supposed to be the utility guy
>"hey should I take [thing that's utility]?"
>"oh no I have that, and I can share it with you!"
>"oh cool I'll take it then"

>coworker is female
Anons HELP how do you deal with someone diving headfirst into your magical realm completely unintentionally

rape, of course

>Explanation.
Your spaceship's tier (level) automagically increases at the same rate as the party's. Higher tiers mean higher DCs for skill checks, and they increase at a significantly faster rate than skill check bonuses.
>classes
Still very poorly balanced, and there being less classes means there's fewer real options.
>weapons
Every weapon has a level now. Every merchant in the galaxy can tell your level by looking at you and will refuse to sell you weapons of a higher level than you are.
>races
A bunch of generic scifi cliches, and they're all ugly as fuck.
>the setting
The future of Golarion, except Golarion's not in it anymore. Still shit though.

FEELS EXTREMELY BAD

>tfw no game

>Higher tiers mean higher DCs for skill checks, and they increase at a significantly faster rate than skill check bonuses.
Wait, they Truenamed spaceships?

Yes, that's exactly what they did. The absolute state of Paizo in 2017.

>Every merchant in the galaxy can tell your level by looking at you and will refuse to sell you weapons of a higher level than you are.
What I suspected. This is awesome.
>and they're all ugly as fuck.
Their androids are somewhat cool, but the background info is self contradictory.
Thanks.
Kek

>gimme gimme!

It got FULL LEVEL to damage! That's fucking crazy strong. It's one of Paizo's best classes to date, but it needed a nerf. It was just too powerful. If it still isn't obvious, I'm taking the piss about the nerf.

I enjoy some of the bullshit alien races, but pretty much this.

Hol up, did they seriously nerf Shifter?

Why shouldn't I sit here and whine for games? It's more likely that it causes a game to happen than sitting quietly.

This.

Stop being a lazy fuckwad and run a game yourself. Be the change you want to see in the world.

That's not how item level works whatsoever.

I'm thinking of getting some Deep Cuts minis to use as heroes in Age of Sigmar. Would there be a scale problem or would they fit in the 28mm scale of GW? I fear they may be too big

Didn't you know Paizo had promised a hotfix for the class was incoming? See

Because there are options besides those 2 that are more likely to get you actual games instead of more boozles.

I remember a little while back a new book was leaked here, and one of the magic items in it was a Greater Aegis of Recovery. Does anybody know what it does/have the screencap of it handy?

Do a gun chemist's alchemical ordnance count as alchemical cartridges?

>The future of Golarion, except Golarion's not in it anymore. Still shit though.
This is legitimately the most fucking baffling things about this. And the excuse they gave doesn't make any sense (invalidating player work in an AP) because they made shit like Casandalee becoming a deity canon.

Not that guy, but that's a fundamentally different experience from just playing in a game. Guy needs to not whine, but running something takes a lot more planning than just being a player.

Funny story? I was going to run an AP but I decided against it.

Like what? Sit here, suck the dicks of celebs like Vult, Disk, Broodie, and Rory? No thanks.

Running the game is still playing it a sense, but I understand what you mean.

But honestly, running something and finding a group that likes each other means more games in the future for you, no app bullshit, no thread drama, no bait.

I'd say one of the most difficult things that seems to be overlooked here in regards to running a game is actually getting people to show up consistently. Scheduling, make up days, no drama with in the group. We seem to ignore a lot of the stress that could come out of those in favor of saying how easy/hard it is to run the encounters and narrate.

To be fair, pre-nerf Shifter's Edge makes the Shifter do almost as much as a Swashbuckler when attacking.

Sure is bait. Nobody could be dumb enough to think /pfg/ is the only, let alone a good place to find games.

Yeah scheduling is hard, but playing with people that actually respect the time you set aside is part of finding a good group of players.

>tfw no players who respect the time
>tfw the players who did were good enough people to get busy with successful lives over the years
>tfw no player who respect the time
Dust to dust, friends.

Yeah but they didn't get CHARMED LIFE

I personally love when the shitters run off the good players with their advanced stupidity.

too bad all of those bonuses are insight, same as the feats and items bonuses. Very little stacks and your ship (even with the FAQ changes) outpaces you by 10-13th level depending on if you min/maxed yer stats or not

My community picked up a 3pp armor called the Brigandine. It has the stats of +6 AC, +4 Max Dex, -4 ACP, 20% ASF however one thing remains a point of question though. Should it be counted as a leather/cloth armor or metal armor? The person who found it insists it should be the former but given what a Brigandine is supposed to be, most of the weight and protection is from the metal plates so I thought its supposed to be a metal armor. Thoughts?

Also, the brigandine is a pretty common armor during the renaissance era but it does not actually have a counterpart in DnD/PF, I wonder what would it actually be

What do we do? What can we do?

Brigandine is usually compared to studded leather.

I'm moving to a new town where I don't know anyone. I've never played a tabletop RPG before. Would looking for Pathfinder groups in the area be a good idea?

Drink, and enjoy the warmth of your burning house. You'll be outside in the cold soon enough.

No.

For the purposes of mechanical classifications it would be metal. Bridandine armor is about 60-70% leather, but the main weight and protection comes from the metal plates. And of course, since there's metal period on it Druids can't use it.

>tfw see
>tfw
Welp.

I propose full on desert wasteland, inhospitable to human life, to explain why the party has to stay at the brothel, which is of course at risk to the BBEG eventually

I leave it to the shang-hai'd DM to decide if it was the same guy.

Perhaps a certain clock based warforged trying to reset reality?

>certain clock based warforged trying to reset reality
Did he really do anything wrong?

Is that a plus or a negative?
Honestly it feels like /pfg/ should love the Swashbuckler way more, considering it actually plays similarly to a PoWerhouse

It doesn't do that at all though.

Opportune Parry and Riposte, full attacks

what's not to love?

Recommended stats for Swashbuckler

0 point buy:

7 7 7 7 7 18

5 point buy:

7 7 7 7 7 18

10 point buy:

7 7 7 7 7 18

20 point buy:

yep, you guessed it

7 7 7 7 7 18

Guess what? It doesn't matter what the rest of your stats are. You put max points into charisma as a swashbuckler and you only need one ability, charmed life. You pop that ability once every round and just ignore everything. Goblins? No problem. Charmed Life. Swashbuckling duels with a foolish cavalier who thinks he can keep up with your superior deeps? No problem. Charmed life. Wizard blasting your party with a fireball? You'll get to keep all of their equipment when they reroll because you're the only one still around thanks to charmed life. Chaotic Evil goddess of paladins kidnapping and torturing you (and probably more if you know what I mean)? Just another typical day for a swashbuckler with charmed life.

There's pretty much nothing charmed life can't solve, it's basically the best ability Paizo has ever printed. Or should I say, Paizo is the best company that charmed life has let itself be printed by?

>Full Attacks are PoW
If you warp the system as intended. Most people don't like PoW because of the full attack+boost option.
>Opportune Parry and Riposte
This is more like a SoM shit than a strong counter in PoW.

Alright. I've wanted to play a TTRPG for years, but I've never been able to join a group. Where I currently live, most groups that publicly advertise only want people in their 40's and up, and only people who have lots of prior experience with AD&D. I tried starting things with my friends over here, but we never were able to start it; things kept coming up, and eventually everyone else just stopped caring about it or changed their mind.

it hurts to look at

it's a meme you dip

So I just hit 10th level as a Wizard. What are some of the best Battlefield Control/ AoE spells available? We're about to deal with an assload of troops and I need as much help as I can get.

> clock based warforged

Who is this?

I never suggest Pathfinder as a first time system. It isn't about meeting IRL. It's the system of choice. I find it creates bad habits in players and GMs, and a rigidity of thought that I find annoying. I'd suggest FATE or something rules-lite to get the feel of making decisions and basic role-playing, then moving into something crunchier. I think that makes for players who are more willing to try different systems, and don't feel lost with less structured play.

The meme version: Don't play Pathfinder. Get out while you still can.

>tfw the best thing PoW does is give martials important decisions to make with swift actions, and effectively gives them a free move action.
I don't care how autists break it. This is better than any alternatives out now.

Seconding this. Pathfinder wasn't my first system and I am glad for that. I use it, but I don't feel beholden to it.

I knew some people who were trying out rpgs. They started out on Pathfinder and got burnt out.

What should I look for then? Aside from PF and 5e D&D, there aren't really any RPGs popular enough for people to be publicly advertising, right?

I mean, if you can't find anything else, sure. The genre is just so much bigger than d20, and people tend to get stuck playing DnPF as their first and last system because it's the biggest name. Don't mind me, though. Go for it, if it interests you. There's nothing wrong with IRL groups.

Might be worth a try, Pathfinder is an overly complex system and hard for beginners to learn but it's one of the more popular games.