Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

SIGISMUND! EDITION.

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for a skitarii HQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=V-YMzn23Jpc [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554
>Codex Blood Angels PDF Expires 16-Dec
sendit.cloud/bqk6c7c548ue

Other urls found in this thread:

frontlinegaming.org/2017/12/10/dark-angels-codex-review-part-1-stratagems-warlord-traits-relics-and-psychic-powers/
games-workshop.com/en-CA/store/storefinder.jsp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for Siggy's Boys

For Dark Eldar

Your army doesn't have mass conversions?
Your army is terrible

Your army has mass conversions?
Your army doesn't perform well on the tabletop

Siggy the best marine, so best even the Emperor thought he was the best!.

Tell me more about playing orks

Does kitbashing for theme count?

He's seen some shit, when things start to go wrong he knows it's time to leave

FPBP, The Emperor is truly with us today

Been looking at models and armies. I really like how Bullgryn look. I want to do Guard with them as a base. How many Bullgryn would be a good base? And what else should I use?

kitbashing is converting

I play IG converted to Squats.

Checkmate.

First for The Emperor's golden boy hit squad. Gold is better than Black!

can you guys tell me if this list is good?
im doing a pure dreadnought list, and while im not looking for winning any tournaments im just hoping i made something thatll at least give me a few wins

+ HQ +

Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought [11 PL, 199pts]: Assault cannon
. Melee weapon: Dreadnought combat weapon, Heavy flamer

+ Heavy Support +

Relic Leviathan Dreadnought [16 PL, 356pts]: 2x Heavy flamer
. Cyclonic melta lance
. Leviathan melee weapon: Leviathan siege claw, Meltagun

Relic Leviathan Dreadnought [16 PL, 309pts]: 2x Heavy flamer, 2x Storm cannon array

+ Elites +

Contemptor Dreadnought [8 PL, 165pts]: Combi-bolter, Dreadnought combat weapon, Kheres pattern assault cannon

Dreadnought [7 PL, 142pts]: Heavy plasma cannon
. Dreadnought combat weapon w/Storm Bolter: Storm bolter

Dreadnought [7 PL, 136pts]: Twin autocannon, Twin autocannon

Dreadnought [7 PL, 154pts]: Multi-melta
. Dreadnought combat weapon w/Heavy Flamer: Heavy flamer

Ironclad Dreadnought [8 PL, 171pts]: Dreadnought chainfist, Heavy flamer, Hunter-killer missile, Ironclad Assault Launchers
. Dreadnought combat weapon w/Heavy Flamer: Heavy flamer

Relic Deredeo Dreadnought [14 PL, 202pts]: Anvillus autocannon battery, Twin heavy bolter

Venerable Dreadnought [8 PL, 165pts]: Twin autocannon
. Dreadnought combat weapon w/Storm Bolter: Storm bolter

++ Total: [102 PL, 1999pts] ++

shouldn't exist in 40k
30k only reee

*Blocks your path*

>Not using your entire budget
This is a military, not a business.
You use the money your given and you never leave it on the table

Looks fun as all hell, Leviathan's are death incarnate on the tabletop. I watched in horror as one tore threw 60 hormagaunts.

DA Codex review by Reece for anyone who hasn't seen it yet
Opinions aside, it at the minimum shows Strats/relics/etc

frontlinegaming.org/2017/12/10/dark-angels-codex-review-part-1-stratagems-warlord-traits-relics-and-psychic-powers/

Two squads of Golden boys gives almost 600 points of army!
HQ soon too.

I play a super cheeseball Ynnari/CWE list that I theme as corsairs so almost all my models have head or armor swaps to reinforce the theme as well as converted 'named' characters.

Does anyone else feel like the concept of "your dudes" is being phased out by gw?

Inquisitors have lost most of their upgrades, chaos lost marks and are losing mounts, a lot of the new kits have almost no upgrades (primarines being the biggest offenders), new factions having ONLY named characters for hqs (Custodes, Ynnari), generic chapter masters reduced to a strategem instead of a proper "heroic" character, generic characters in general are being pushed more towards a "support" role instead of being heroes in their own right, relics are limited to one per character, etc.

That's just off the top of my head. I feel like watching your customized characters go to work is one of the coolest parts of the hobby and I hate to see it diminished. I don't want Warhammer ending up like Warmachine.

Most Playtested Edition Ever

Yo yo yo, can anyone be a dear and hook me up with a high res version of this Kharn art? I'ts my all time favourite of the lot and yet i went up and down google but couldn't find it in high res...

Can I use the veritas viatae on the extra relic?

wat

Excuse me but of someone could help me with this I greatly appreciated it, I am looking for a quote in some Grey Knight material that I can’t quite remember. It was about the use of demon weapons and the powers of the warp and the refutation of a contradiction between the grey knight’s creed and their methods. Do that sound familiar to anyone?

Sig and the OG Long Fang are my fav marines by far from the shitpile that was BL HH

I haven't played in the longest time and the new edition + these threads have made me want to get back into it.
I pass by the mall where the GW is located at.
>it closed down
Well that fucking sucks. I don't know where in Montreal im meant to buy my shit and most importantly play games.

Also, in my attempts to find this piece, i've collected most artworks featuring Kharn in a decent to high quality, so if you want a specific one, just say the word

>can't target that chaplain dreadnought, librarian dreadnought, ashmantle, Bjorn, or Murderfang because Sly Marbo is hiding behind a wall
I'm gonna do it, and it's gonna be hilarious

Why does that valkyrie have so many guns? Is it legal? I think I'm in love.

Currently running mine as
Guilliman
2 squads of 5
and Callidus assassin (I have a full team but she sees the most use)
Objective games are difficult with that low of a model count.

use the GW site to check for your local store, oh and check for facebook groups in your city

Post stuff you're working on.
It's a model hobby, why aren't you modelling?

GW website literally has a store locator
games-workshop.com/en-CA/store/storefinder.jsp

Montreal has like 16 shops that stock GW for you to check out, nothing to struggle with

Never take regular dreadnoughts, never ever. They’re utter dogshit by almost every metric, and venerables are only slightly more expensive and are really solid. Also, may be worthwhile investing in a relic Contemptor, they’re insanely good- with chainfist they can reliably pop any T7/3+ Tank alone, plus have a lot of good gun options.

Also, it may be wise to pick a specific chapter, namely BA or SW, for special dreadnoughts. Salamanders are good too for the CT and gear (T8 chaplain dread yes please).

Two leviathans isn’t wise since, despite the Tank and terror, they can fairly easily get left away to waddle aimlessly for a turn or two, which is really bad for over a third of your army cost. If I had to amend, here’s what I’d do;

SM Detachment- salamanders
>chaplain read (warlord- mantle)
>relic Contemptor
>venerable dread
>deredeo or Mortis
>leviathan

SW Detachment
>bjorn
>venerable dread (great axe/shield)
>venerable dread (great axe/shield)
>relic Contemptor

Add that all up and see what comes out, you may have change to spare. Really salamanders is (imo) the best since the rerolls really do shine, but wolves are great too and bjorn is a god. Good luck and I hope to see your army

havn't painted any 40k for about a month but I will finish this squad at some point

Traded some models for harlequins. Got some Dark Eldar, do they play okay together?
I'm thinking cheap kabalites to score, true born for blaster spam and clowns to just tangle everything up. Basically S8 spam and fast cc units.

Still Rough Riders. Can't remember if I'd already posted this.

Laughed harder than I thought
It's a joke about the 1 unspent point

>OG Long Fang
Who?

would guns ruin this thing's pose, or make it look more badass?

Do you guys think Sevatar is still alive?

*ignores*

If you are really, really dedicated to this idea, some priests and psykers to get your buff on, and valkyries to get some turn 1 charges off.

>waddles across the field and gets into combat turn 4

hey tg, i got a cheap krios venator but i dont play HH. what can it proxy as in 8th ed? ideally something close to how it works in 30k, i dont really know my mechanicum. afaik it still doesnt have rules for 40k.

That’s one of “regain spent command points on a 5+” ones right?

Is the bearer on the battlefield when you use the extra relic strategem?

Going to paint these dudes up, I will hate heavy bolter after this...

>DA upgrade sprue doesn't contain a hooded Aggressor head

Shame.

>"lost" during the siege

GUESS AGAIN HERETIC! HE'S FUCKING DEAD!

>6.79 MB, 5312x2988

You need to go back.

Go get Bray'Arth as well, fucking unkillable bastard he is and looks good too.

that's a lot of dakka

Ulvurul Heroroth, the last Terran in the Furfest and the reason why old wolves are called Long Fangs
>So badass that they dared not yiff until he was dead in the ground

Phone is all I got, sorry

Reminder: Sevatar beat Sigismund

Take a wild guess which chapter they are for.

way to eternally disappoint your dad sigismund

Imperial Fists?

Jesus Christ, the damn Deathwatch marines are so fucking cluttered I cant find a decent place to put my damn chainswords. I'm about to just put a pile of them on one dude and call it quits

You mean he got disqualified and lost a duel because he wasn't skilled enough to actually beat Sigismund who also knew he couldn't fight dirty so didn't fight to kill.

>Cheated via cheap shot
Found the powergamer

Yep, yellow thou art a heartless paint.

I play Thousand Sons.

It's both.

MkIV kit swords mount on the backpack while MkIII kit chainswords attach to the butt plate of the marine.

Fighting with honor is a weakness.

Because my local store is closing so there's no point

In 40k?

No.

Post heresy?

Most likely.

And yet Sevatar got "lost" during the siege of terra and Sigismund went on his own and came out alive. Sevatar is fucking dead.

It wasn't even a fight. Don't accept the spar if you're going to say that. NLfags are so fucking stupid.

Iron Hands chapter tactics are the way to go.
Chaplain dreadnoughts are best with 2 close combat weapons, the assault cannon is a waste on that guy.
melee leviathans just aren't the way to go, they put out less punch than ironclads and are twice as expensive.
Right now your army lacks anti-heavy-armor firepower, since it'll take a while to get you across the field you might want to consider getting some twin lascannons.

The problem is that the Deathwatch marines use their own specific backpack and their butt plates already have a huge knife taking up a ton of space

Dirty fighting is literally for the weak. Even if the strong do it, there's no proof of strength since you debase yourself from the start by trying to be as advantaged as you can. Because you're weak.

Someone who backstabs someone or uses the strongest weapon they can can never claim to be as strong as someone who doesnt even need to use effort to obliterate someone with a toothpick.

Simple logic, if only edgelords had the brains to use it.

>Cheated via cheap shot

Not the dastardly headbutt! Truly a depraved move. How could little Sigy hope to counter the most nefarious move in the book!

the trips show the truth of his words

Just starting out, is this a good list for 750 points? As sort of a shopping guide.

The best part is that Sigismund wanted to continue the spar but Sevatar forfeited it and walked away after he disqualified himself.

>Proof of strength

Pretty sure when the dust settles it only matters who's alive and who's dead. If you end up six feet under it doesn't matter how "strong" you are, you're still dead.

Your dad will never love you, Siggy.

Can't you remove the knife and cover its place on the belt with some pouches? The MkIII chainsword just needs the left corner of the butt plate to attach to.

I know the MkVIII backpacks are different, but I'm sure you can still glue the MkIV knife on the vents. You might even be able to do it with the smaller knife on, if you orientate the torso a bit. From what I can tell, there's enough of a gap there.

>He doesn't even go here
enjoy your (You) Batfag

Reminder: Abaddon Kills Sigismund

Muay thai fighters arent allowed to use headbutts and they still rape everyone.

>"I have never sparred or trained in a combat sport my entire life," the post.

>Reminder: Abaddon Kills a 1000 year old grandpa

Such feat!

And nobody except pathetic faggot NLkids will like you, Sevvie "Oh BL your cock is so delicious" Sevatarion.

>Pretty sure when the dust settles it only matters who's alive and who's dead

Pretty sure, huh? Because the context currently being discussed is SPECIFICALLY that both participants be alive when the dust settles. An orbital bombardment would easily kill Sevatar before he can do jack shit and there would be nothing he could do to stop it. So I guess Sevatar is weak as shit so you can stop sucking his flaccid flayed cock, huh?

So are the Blood Angels OP? Their chapter tactic gives a bonus to charging and Feel no Pain, when a chapter like the Iron Hands only has FNP.

No, but they're strong.

I heard rumors that the next primarch to be released is the Lion and there is going to be a fallen faction/codex supplement going along with it, can anyone validate?

>fallen faction/codex supplement
Sauce ?

>Lion, Guilliman, and reborn Sangy as the 3 loyalist primarchs
>"oh fuck here we go again"

I thought since the events of Old Earth and The Beast Arises, the final loyalist primarch is Vulkan?

>I don't understand basic anatomy, physics, or have any knowledge of combat/sparring
>I have never been in a fight, trained at a gym, watched any combat sport or drank/worked at a bar
>Have never heard the term "Glasgow Kiss" or related coloquiallisms for a headbutt
>I lack self-discipline to understand in a SPARRING match such tactics were ruled out beforehand
>I lack self-respect to identify that using such tactics clearly shows who truly had more skill
>Hey let me post my opinion real quick
(You)

Needs more Khan and Vulkan

Best HQ to hang out with Sanguinary Guard? Is it's the obvious option: The Sanguinor? Or am I better off with a chaplain or captain?

You quoted the wrong user Pickle Rick.

In a turn based game such as this, how do I take advantage of Dark Eldar's notorious speed to help me win?

Like for instance, Scourges have a 14 inch move - how do I make that count for something? Use it to leap backwards out of the enemy's range while still shooting them?

>Decent reply
>Shitty stale meme image

2/10