Are there any situations where paladins and Blackguards/Antipaladins would work together?

Are there any situations where paladins and Blackguards/Antipaladins would work together?

>He's trying to destroy the world! That's where I keep all my stuff!

Alliance of necessity

Paladin: "Oh shit, an army of orcs is coming to raze the city! I must save them!"
Blackguard: "Fuck! I keep all my shit in that city! I'd better help."
Antipaladin: "I don't give a rat's ass about you hosers but I'm totally down for wanton bloodshed. I'll circle back to killing you lot once I've run the orcs off."

>hosers

It's worked in a game I was in earlier this year.

>Paladin: I'm raising an army to drive back the invaders.
>Blackguard: Don't care.
>Paladin: But it's a righteous cause!
>BG: Don't care.
>P: The Empire is in danger, surely you can see that no good will come if it falls.
>BG: Not my problem.
>P: I'll pay you.
>BG: ...how much?
>P: 500 gold a week plus all the loot you can cary. As an added bonus I won't order my brother clerics and paladins to take your head now so there's no chance you will stab us in the back later.
>BG: Well, when you put it like that, I accept.

That's retarded and a waste of a Blackguard. They don't operate purely for greed, they push the agenda of their dark gods. That's a Neutral Fighter at best.

A real Blackguard would have gone along with it only to decapitate the head of the invading army and take it over by force via might makes right, or conveniently betray the paladin and company during their big showdown with the invading force via some sweet sweet Smite Good.

Your Blackguard is devoid of ambition and must have dumped Int/Wis simultaneously.

I mean even Luke Skywalker put aside his differences with Darth Krayt to fight Abeloth. (Legends continuity of course but I still like the story)

Anything involving Far Realm shit.
Alliances are common if the Blackguard is LE.
Paladin may be a Grey Knight, and can thus, ignore alignment restrictions
Blackguard may only be CE because of a curse because he got pisswhipped by an elemental Lich.
If there's some war-based shit/interal church polictics going on, it can happen also.

Also- if you Paladin and Blackguards aren't PrC'd from ex-fighters, like OD&D you're doing it wrong.
Antipaladins are just shit anyhow.

Working against those damn neutrals and their "Muh grey" morality.

>they push the agenda of their dark gods.
Or they are a godless heathen who has abandoned their faith. Basically depends on the setting.

This

>Be Blackguard
>Do big evil
>Heroes come to stop me
>Just like in my dads old stories
>Prepare for the epic battle I've always dreamed of
>They ignore my attempts at banter before the duel and simply attack
>Very well then, SMITE GOOD
>It doesn't work
>mfw these are a bunch of uncaring mercenaries in it for the money

Makes a villain feel unappreciated y'know.
So now me and Dick Dogooder over here banded together to restore moral objectivity throughout the lands.

10/10, would play
The perfect subversion/deconstruction: classic archetypal heroes and villains banding together to restore the land to a glory that has been drowned out in the name of relativistic morality and "muh too much IQ for picking sides"

I feel ya.

against a chaotic foe, assuming that they play by the standard rules of paladin LG and blackguard LE

"The fey are fucking with the weather"
"I've hired you both simply because my great rival is unpredictable and can only be stopped by the best, not some ragtag mercenaries"

To stop the threat of the Neutral Empire

>How do you make Dark ally with Light
Make something that makes both sides shit themselves. Abeloth is terrifying. She also more or less let herself be beaten so she could come back at a time when Luke and others on his level wasn't alive.

Not without one of them falling.

I prefer if you use PoCguard, thank you.

What if they fell in love?

Played a blackguard of cartoon villainy once; stealing nails from the tavern's support beams, swiping food from children, poking a hole in the big toe of every sock, ect. The party paladin considered him such an single-minded idiot, that he could be pushed in the direction of doing good, without him even realizing it.

The paladin relied on his arrogance and tenacity to get shit done, while he relied on the paladin to hold him back from making stupid decisions that would, "only ruin his plans of true subjugation later". By the end of the campaign, their shaky alliance turned into a steadfast brotherhood.