As awasome as D&D 5e is, how much of it is compromised by SJWism...

As awasome as D&D 5e is, how much of it is compromised by SJWism? Other then a few picture choices in the hand book and mention of transgenderism and sexuality which people were already doing, I don’t think its been soyed.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11352776
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I got excited to see a fresh 5e thread and it turned out to be this bullshit
Neck yourself

Fuck off

Then why did you reply then?

>how much of it is compromised by SJWism?

Tieflings and Dragonfurries as core races wasn't enough of a clue for you?

That’s not SJW. I’ve played as both of those and Dragonborn is my favorite.

If you have to ask, it's too soyed for you. Better stick to Myfarog.

murder yourself

I dont think theres going to be anything necessarily SJW-like but I dont expect to see stuff like gender-specific character options and the Book of Vile Darkness will be boring AF in order to not offend anyone

>Other then a few picture choices in the hand book and mention of transgenderism and sexuality which people were already doing, I don’t think its been soyed.

you answered it yourself. Anyone else who thinks otherwise is buttmad for no reason

To tell you to neck yourself, obviously.

You know what the great thing about RPGS that dumbasses (like you) forget so often? You don't like a thing, you don't have to put it in your game. Politics has no effect on the rules.

Everything wrong with Veeky Forums in one post
Saged and reported

This is exactly why this threads make no sense.
If you don't like something don't use it. on the other hand if you lack an option is a drag to have to waste time doing a homebrew version of it.

Adding stuff is never bad for RPGs

The amount of salt in this thread makes me happy.
OP, pirate everything. Don't give money to Hasbro (((Hassenfeld Brothers))).

...okay, I'm going to finally ask, since this thread is shit anyway.

What is the significance of all those parentheses? Does it relate to putting something inside half a million quotations? Do you realize how stupid it looks? If yes, then are you doing it ironically? Does that really seem like a good idea? If not, then having learned that it looks stupid, are you going to go back to your high school and demand your teachers instruct you better in English writing? If you're not going to so demand, why not?

This is obviously bait, but I do legitimately feel their trying. My girlfriend showed me some shit off tumblr about how they're releasing modules complete with gay lover quest givers and trans elves and other various bullshit. Yeah of course if you don't like something just don't include it but that doesn't mean you can't complain about their attempts to put this shit in when 99% of the time it doesn't fit the setting of the module or just straight up doesn't make sense. Then there's the race that is based on the plight of trans people or some shit, which I found to be mind boggling retarded.

>Does it relate to putting something inside half a million quotations?

Yes.

Not that guy, but if you're actually going to use your ignorance on something as a springboard to be a passive aggressive faggot on an anonymous imageboard maybe you should just fucking leave? The triple parentheses is meant to be a way for people who hate jews to show to others that whatever their talking about is jewish or associated to jews.

I actually prefer edgy /pol/fags to people who type up posts like a disgruntled female middle manager so if you could stop that it'd be great

>when 99% of the time it doesn't fit the setting

The setting in question with the gay lover quest givers is Chult, which is in the Forgotten Realms.

Wizards of the Coast has never canonically stated how anyone in the Realms generally feels about homosexuality or bisexuality, to my knowledge, excepting in a few of the recent 5e adventure modules where maybe a total of five gay people have shown up and they're not treated as being special in any way.

Ed Greenwood, the creator of the Realms and still one of the most prolific writers for it, has said that by default everyone in the Realms is bisexual unless stated otherwise. Oh, and that "it's not incest as long as no one gets pregnant". And some other magical realm stuff.

Long story short, two gay lovers giving you a quest is pretty tame by Realms standards. Especially since the fact that they're gay isn't even something that comes up unless the players specifically ask them or something.

Race based off trans people, what race is that even?

Changelings and kobolds can both technically change genders I guess, but I can't think of anything else.

Do you mean to write "soiled" OP, because you should leave soybeans out of this. You don't think that use real meat for hamburgers do you?

The best way to describe it would be "mass market". It is designed to appeal to as wide demographics possible without harming sales.

Yes it's now "LGBT" but only in the way Will Smith can be considered "Street".

>maybe you should just fucking leave?

Maybe you should. To my knowledge neither of us have a "right" to be here, but I don't particularly want to leave.

Also, thanks for explaining the triple parentheses thing. Like I said, it's a shit thread anyway, so I might as well get something useful out of it.

To be honest, if transgenderism exists anywhere, fantasy is probably the best place for it.

Changelings aren't even based off of trans people anyway, they're just a way to have shapeshifters available as a standard race. And they date back to like 2004 as well.

The essjaydoublewery doesn't really mean much to me as my regular group uses the Handbook for rules and character creation, all of our campaigns are homebrewed.

Heh, nicely worded, user. I chuckled a little.

I honestly never noticed it. If it exists, it hasn't detracted from the mechanics as far as I can tell, which is what matters to me. I'm only salty about the playtest material that was cut, which probably has nothing to SJWism.

Huh. I learned something new today, though I am not sure if I am better as a human being because of it. Any other secret handshakes we should know?

Fuck off

>tfw you realize Forgottrn Realms are actually Magical Realms

I wonder what it's like to have your damaged brain where shit like this actually matters.

This is a hobby where literally every facet of it is up to you and you can pick and choose the people you want to play with who's views align with your own, and you still go into these insane histrionics about this shit.

You have to go back.

Wouldja look at this BAIT luigi?

In a large meetup group in orlando some person got permabanned because the admins were pissed off that a person didn't jump at the chance to save a gay NPC, I shit you not.

The problem is if a rulebook encourages something, some players get aggressive or unreasonable if you say you won't be using it in your game.

It creates bad feeling, whereas if this sort of content was "opt-in" the situation won't arise.

As a parent I want mature content to be "off the table" by default - not promoted in the book.

I made the gay Paladins in CoS straight (they were blood brothers from the battlefields). Got ride of the gay vampire and will be making the Chult NPCs a husband and wife.

Deal with it.

>As awasome as D&D 5e is
We have nothing to discuss here.

Thank you for showing how pointless OP's complaint is.

The question is: why should you give your money to a company that deigns itself to police social media? Or are you blissfully unaware of the latest MTG scandal?

No, it's the worst place for it because classic fantasy is based in medieval europe's myths and legends. Cyberpunk is the right place for diversity.

A black woman being depicted as a cartoonish witch doctor with a deformed face and a bone necklace? Is that your standard for SJWry now? According to that, Myfarog is SJW for daring to mention notMuslims.

The old 50s books about adventures in 'Deepest, Darkest Africa' and it's ooga booga tribals were secretly SJW propaganda!

Based on medieval fantasy doesn't mean a 1:1 reproduction.
Plus, things like djinn, efreeti and Couatl are in the game since 1976, so your hate of distinctive culture inclusion is very selective.
>Is supposed to be based on Medieval Europe, but native american winged serpents are ok

>hate
Bit of a strong word for preferences.

>Plus, things like djinn, efreeti and Couatl are in the game since 1976,
So? This only means that previous of editions of D&D were likewise not my coffee.

>Is supposed to be based on Medieval Europe, but native american winged serpents are ok
What makes you think that I think they're okay. I love them in Shadowrun but in classic fantasy?

That said, it might be fine if you included a limited number of exotic elements in your !not-europe continent. But a gonzo hodge-podge like D&D? Not my thing, it's tacky as hell.

They should add a spell or magical item or potion to change gender and be done with it

Well, it boils down to, "that's like, your opinion, man" but D&D was always a kitchen sink of mythologies and cultures, mostly because is nice to have things to use from not only European mythology but medieval Asia and America as well.
Not is simply more out there for people to see and use if they so want to.

>As awasome as D&D 5e is

That's debatable...

>how much of it is compromised by SJWism

It's a shit system, so...

>Other then a few picture choices in the hand book and mention of transgenderism and sexuality which people were already doing, I don’t think its been soyed.

That's the exact definition of being soyed. Pointless pandering to a base and population that doesn't give your product the time of day or even realize it exists. Fucking pathetic.

Sexy girls are pandering and I like those, so fuck off.

I don't understand how this is an issue.

DnD is based for the most part in a setting where anyone can be anything they want if they can afford the services of a wizard.
Want to go from being a ginger dwarf bloke, to a black elven woman, find a mage with baleful polymorth and you're there.

But even before you get into the setting the character creation allows you to be whatever.

Now I am right leaning, I despise SJW nonsense so how do I solve this problem?

1 Don't play DnD
2 If I'm going to play DnD, play in a homebrew setting, based around the groups interest.
Until rules about homophobia/racism/feminism make it into the handbooks its a none issue.

>Six hours later, and this thread is still up
What's the fucking line between acceptable and unacceptable? Janitors have purged threads for much less.

Why are the people that fall under SJW's always hyper inflammatory, overly aggressive assholes? You dick heads realize that your the reason Trump got elected, right?

>has said that by default everyone in the Realms is bisexual unless stated otherwise.

So he's fucking retarded, then?

Or more likely they are not SJW boogeymen, just anons tired of retards shitting their pants when something is not all white guys

Sexy girls are actually desirable. Degenerate homosexual faux postmodern angst and retards that can't tell what gender they were born as, aren't.

>What's the fucking line between acceptable and unacceptable? Janitors have purged threads for much less.
Mods and the janitors were being massive faggots a couple months back and got the shit knocked out of them for it. Now they're a damn sight more cautions about what they get rid of.

No, just people tired of seeing a population statistics, who's existence without the aid of indoctrination is questionable to say the least getting shoe horned into every piece of media imaginable, is getting goddamn old. Their ardent "defenders" were old from day fucking one.

Why not remind players that they can play as handicapped or trans characters? If you dont want to play as them then dont.

Why suggest your players play anything that isn't native to the setting or world?

This is racist as hell

But it can be? I mean there is nobody forcing you to have them in your game. it's like having halflings or drow in a setting.

As apposed to... Real life?

>To tell you to neck yourself, obviously.

Traditionally we just call OP a faggot but I'll be honest, you're not wrong. OP should neck himself.

Posting /pol/-related stuff outside of their concentration board, should be a bannable offence.

I can't speak for the SJWs, but I am pretty sick of the constant "tee-hee, how 'bout dem SJW cuck numale soyboys in RPGs, day of the rope soon, am I right fellow Veeky Forums poster?" threads on this board.

theres a few gay characters in tomb of annihilation. one event has you try to save a mans husband from a raptor pit.
also i found there are a lot of women in positions of power and the men that are, are inept and foolish.

even the man with the winter ring is cucked by his gf who he waits hundreds of years to return because she would rather be in her dimensional city getting blacked than her supposed loved one.

>Huh. I learned something new today, though I am not sure if I am better as a human being because of it. Any other secret handshakes we should know?

It's not a secret handshake as such.

Somebody wrote a plugin to a browser that would put (((parens))) around Jewish names so you'd recognize when some tweet or article or opinion was by a Jew.

So now they mean the thing they around is Jewish, or Jewish trickery, or...

Which is a (((good idea))) and you should definitely do it everywhere to signal to your allies without revealing yourself.

Soyboy?

Except halflings and drow are part and parcel to the D&D setting. There's nothing political or abstract about telling people about them as a character options. Disabilities, sexual preferences, and gentile deformation aren't character options, or even coherent for the setting. Medieval socialites cared about child birth more than virtually anything else homo sexuality and transgendered doesn't make that happen. Also, they controlled who their children married, which cuts off most bisexuality or homosexual inclinations. If you aren't even given the chance to be gay how the hell are there any gay characters? Finally, how the hell do disabled people go adventuring? They would have a hard time working regular jobs, let alone becoming super human adventures.

Now firstly let me remind you including any of it is optional and feeling forced to including it just because its in the books makes you a shit DM.
Now there are loads of examples of homosexuality during the medieval period and even examples of transgendered people. for example read "Desire a history of european sexuality" to educate yourself

Chad=Meat Eater.

Soyboy=Virgin

why does eating soy make you a Virgin? it's got lots of protein and low fat, great for building muscle mass.

>they controlled who their children married, which cuts off most bisexuality or homosexual inclinations. If you aren't even given the chance to be gay how the hell are there any gay characters?
Is cute that you think those guys actually followed rightful lives with sex only inside marriage and not a bunch of sick fucks who hide it pretty poorly

>examples of homosexuality during the medieval perio

Examples are not a standard. Insulated, rare individuals like artists, scholars, and fraternal knightly orders made up less than a fraction of the population. So we are looking at population that was smaller than ours, of a subset of incredibly smaller sub cultures that could maybe sport one or two members of these incredibly rare communities. Encountering one homosexual man in your entire campaign should be beyond rare. The odds of you actually finding out about his sexuality would be even rarer. Regardless, it's clearly political insertion catering to a non existent customer basis because of shit eating PC corporate culture. The entire shit show needs to die in a fucking fire, and that's an opinion I've heard more than few members of the so called "under represented" communities voice as well.

Sources?

It's cute you think modern American culture in any way shape or form represents one that involved men donning themselves in steal and practicing proctology with sharpened blades in the name of their gods. Homosexuality was reviled in every culture of the day, and only loosely tolerated in Greek society. And by reviled, I mean it involved them being horribly excommunicated and, or murdered if people discovered what they were.

Soy has estrogen in it. Estrogen emasculates you and is very unhealthy for men to eat. Hence soy boys are emasculated wimps.

But it wasn't, the concept of homosexuality didnt really exist in the same regard. people sometime fucked people of the same sex and it was frowned upon yet accepted.

Fuck off calvin.

Which parts? The bulk of that is common knowledge and the later parts are to personal to disclose.

But isn't it pretty manly to fuck dudes. i mean im not gay but it's pretty sweet to fuck your bros

>modern American culture
No, it was a very different kind of cesspool
>involved men donning themselves in steal and practicing proctology with sharpened blades in the name of their gods
Yes totally because of their god nothing to do with wealth or territory
>Homosexuality was reviled in every culture of the day, and only loosely tolerated in Greek society.
Yeah, the idea of someone being, as be understanding right now, an homosexual would be kinda unheard of, they practiced all kind of gay as fuck practices in totally no homo way tho.

This

read a book. there are plenty that discuss the subject of sexuality and gender within a historical context

Dude, you need to look up canon law and theocratic governments. It wasn't "accepted." What they do to homosexuals in the middle east use to be common practice everywhere. They would kill your ass for sodomy. Hell, in our country fifty years ago you would do hard jail time for being a homosexual. The modern "it's ok" deal is a very recent and artificial development.

>Yes totally because of their god nothing to do with wealth or territory

It had a lot do with their wealth and territory... And their philosophical reason for living, hence their god.

>Yeah, the idea of someone being, as be understanding right now, an homosexual would be kinda unheard of, they practiced all kind of gay as fuck practices in totally no homo way tho.

Yes, some branches of the Clergy did, but they never amounted to more than like five percent of the population, and most of them weren't gay. The gay shit they did do was kept under lock and key. So my point that player characters would never run into openly gay lovers still stands, it ain't fucking happening.

Sure, it's a matter of taste. But eclecticism generally requires great skill if it is meant to turn out other than corny. TSR, and in particular WOTC, haven't convinced me that they possess this skill.

How did they contend with the fact that the majority of Jewish names are just German?

>to a base and population that doesn't give your product the time of day or even realize it exists.
R E T A R D
E
T
A
R
D

>DnD is based for the most part in a setting where anyone can be anything they want if they can afford the services of a wizard.
Cringe.

I hope they start purging posters that call for purges. Would this, ironically. apply to me now?

Can we put this bullshit meme to bed? Phytoestrogens (Isoflavones) are not estrogen, they do not activate the same receptors in the body.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11352776

You know what also isn't standard? Any character interesting to either play or interact with in an RPG.

Just don't try to make sense of it.
t. German

>shoehorned
Yes, the massively over-represented white guys were never shoe-horned into anything, ever. It's all totally natural and representative of reality as it should be, not of a marketing team targeting their primary demographic.

You're kind of stupid, huh?

So in other words you have not looked this up yourself at all and you are stupid.

Damn, I'm gonna add some Kikkoman to today's lunch now, user, just to spite you. It's like I can feel my bosom already growing, topkek.

This is a setting where incest is a common form of family bonding and town wide orgies happen on holidays, the setting is a man's magical realm becoming mainstream.

>retards shitting their pants when something is not all white guys
Mythical Medieval Europe is pretty much all white guys. There's some room for female adventurers and the occasional POC, think Azim in the Robin Hood movie, but that's about it.

If you want to run D&D-style gonzo fantasy, that's your prerogative but it doesn't hold lasting fascination for me.

Widespread gay marriage certainly isn't a part of europe's mythical traditions. It has no place in classic fantasy, only in D&D-style gonzo settings.