/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous Thread "I forgot the fucking captcha trying to make this the first time" Edition

Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Thread Question: What do you prioritize in terms of power and abilities? Offense, defense, utility, physical, magical, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F90Cw4l-8NY
pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
strawpoll.me/14597434
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Versatility. I never go all in on any one thing, however I have a tendency to prioritize mobility.

depends on what i need really but i tend to go magic or utility

anyone have more cyoas like hotei/goddes of the hearth

>Traveller
>Necromancer
>Chill Zone
>discussion

For one moment, the thread was perfect.

Yes but I won't hand them out for free

>What do you prioritize in terms of power and abilities? Offense, defense, utility, physical, magical, etc.
Magic 100%

youtube.com/watch?v=F90Cw4l-8NY
Oh where do we begin? The waifus or the shit(posting)?

Umm, where's the futa brown loli waifu harem CYOAs? This thread is shit.

All it's missing is some wild hogs.
Right this way sir; pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Agility or awareness perks, usually. I like to stay out of the way and wait for an opportunity

what do you want for em mate

>power
I like speed, agility and charisma.
>abilities
Anything that's auto-pilot.

Do things like Gaymen Piisii, The Rest, FUCKING NERDS, and Veeky Forums As Heck keep updated over time? NormieStation is the only thing that explicitly does.

Also, would rulebooks be under FUCKING NERDS or Veeky Forums As Heck?

And does Room Essentials have an internet connection under "hookups necessary for a regular home," or do you need Inter-bot 9001 for one?

Magic

It covers everything

Mental perks like enhanced mental capacity or wisdom. If comics have taught me anything it's that being really smart can beat any other super power.

I want OC

And it's now super even between Darkest of Nights and Dungeons and Deviants! Tomorrow the voting ends and the CYOA making begins!

strawpoll.me/14597434

unfortunately im an untalented lazy low iq rural suburban retard mate

That would be me not you. Get to work.

pg 2 where?

here you go

Nearly done with writing the new sections of pic related. The update ought to be complete before the end of Autumn

>end of autumn
Nigga it’s almost Kwanzaa

I've got ten days, I can do it

thanks user
oshit get hype
frosty autumn updats

>Race
Human

>Country
Teb-Hai, Jungle/Forest Area

>Lair
Isolated Castle

>Worship
No gods, no masters

>Faction
Fleshweavers, maybe, I'm just fuckin around over here

>Spells
All from Promraen Caro
Tier 4- Gentle Repose, Cure Injury, Reinforcement, Create Abomination, Inflict Paralysis
Tier 3- Enhanced Senses, Natural Weapon, Cure Disease, Warp Flesh, Alter Appearance
Tier 2- Rejuvenate, Create Life, Craft Plague, Mass Growth, Alter Age (traded for Companion), Create Skinwalker (-15)
Tier 1- Potion of Khizaz

>Companions
None

>Minions
Slyther (-9)
Skinwalker (-8)
Created Life (-7)
Groundskeeper (-2)
Slaves x4 (-4)

>Perks
Surgeon (free)
Bloodcrafter (traded for Companion)
Silver Tongue (-10)
Gold Tongue
Apothecary

>Enemies
Wild Elf Tribe (+3)
Pyschotic Count (+4)
Abholean Witch (+15)

>Drawbacks
Single-Minded (+3)

These voters are plebeians. Overlord is clearly the best choice.

These voters have shit taste. Tok is clearly an autistic faggot.

Rolled 9, 1, 3, 1, 8, 5 = 27 (6d10)

Van Helsing CYOA: (+13)
>Ombralia
Affiliation:
>Cercle de la Verite Occulte
Skills:
>Determined
>Observant
>Suspicious
>Charming
>Hypnosis
>Mediumship
>Psychometry
>Telekinesis
>Alchemy
>Fortune Telling
>Transformation
Companions:
>Ivar Falk
Assets:
>Amulet
>Library
>Safehouse
Dark Power:
>Obsession: Arcane Lore

>Room Type
Rustic Modern

>Entrance Method
Touchy-Feely

>Items
Auto-Veeky Forums
Normie Station
Gaymen Piisii
The Rest
Stronk Gear
/lit as heck/
L-LEWD!!
Veeky Forumsbulous
Ocean Man
/out/
/friends/
/comfytown/

>Extras
LESBIFY!
Redesign
Inter-bot 9001
Lasting Effects
Reality Convert
All Along
HQ, HQ
Charm Cognition
Data Center
Machine Learning
Believe It
Aether Orchestra

I've put way too much thought into this, but here we go again...in the next post

take me with you user
p-please?

This is the only correct stance. However, I hope Tok eventually straightens out his sewage-tier prose, and maybe even irons out the personal defects which currently hold back his works.

The outdoors itself will be a freshwater lake surrounded by deciduous forest, old growth with rock formations, waterfalls, and streams. The forest will be surrounded by mountains with scattered caves boasting hot springs and wonders of geology. Totally safe and stable. There will be ecology, but not too much as my ecologic autism will flare up, small god or not.

The comfytown itself will be spread around the lake, with well maintained dirt roads running between housing, stores, and other services. The demographics of which will be controlled via the Data Center. While I want the people to be fully functioning with a semblance of free will, I do want an innate, good predisposition towards myself. I think it will be a 50/50 split of real life people, both known personally and celebrities, with a random generator creating an appealing mix. I've considered fantasy races, but let's start small.

The house itself is a three-floor deal overlooking the lake. Top floor is master bedroom, master bathroom, data center/interbot housing, and maybe a Lewd room. It will have a balcony overlooking the main floor, which itself will have large windows stretching up to the vaulted ceiling with a view of the lake. A stainless steel, granite kitchen with a countertop right besides a living room with all the electronic amenities. I would be considered about the glare caused by the sun shining through the windows, but this is my world and there is no glare. The exercise pool and gym would also be on this floor. The basement is an entertainment area, with a swim up bar, tvs mounted on wall, and spa, all designed from natural rock.

As for companions...I'm never sure about this. My current idea is indulging in fantasy races, creating both a silver elf and succubus. But not for the reasons you'd think. The silver elf would serve as a personal trainer, aiding in diet, exercise, and fighting techniques. The succubus would aid in cardio and learning, such as arts and languages.

This one is really cool and pretty spooky too.

Rolled 2, 6, 4, 5, 7, 5, 5 = 34 (7d10)

>Name
Father Rafael Ordóñez
>Homeland
-Krahevnia
A wretched place with little hope of improving. I don't know why father and mother thought they could help, but it is home and it builds character.
>Affilation
-Church of Yeha
Yeha be bright. Give me the will to fill my duties.
>Skills
Determined
Suspicious
Athletic
Healing
Warding *free
Protection
Consecration
Exorcism
Smiting
Charming
Worldly
Animal Training (A bear named Dulce)
>Companions
Mihail Severin
>Assets
-Wealth
There are perks of worldly material.
Discovering that coven of omicubi and eliminating them was a service done well.
>Dark Power
-Eldritch Attention
There was always...something watch me. I hoped it was Yeha smiling upon me. But this feels sinister and unholy. It seems to be my family was "blessed" and that's how our House was able to gain wealth.
Rolling for hard mode,

Jesus, this is just as long as I remember

>Race
Human

Perception- 3 -0.5+1+1 = 4.5
Strength- 3 +0.5+0.5-0.5+1+0.5 = 5
Endurance- 3 +0.5+1.5 = 5
Charisma- 4 +0.5+2+3 = 9.5
Intelligence- 2 +0.5+1+3 =6.5
Wisdom- 3 +2 = 5
Agility- 3 +1.5+0.75+0.25+0.25+0.5 = 6.25

>Perks/Features
Rugged/Masculine
Muscular
Social
Educated

>Curse
None

>Titan
Dearest Sem

>Spells, Bonuses, and Proficiencies
Dark- Shadowcrawl, Illusion (5)
Light- Lightning, Glow (3)
Water- Produce Fog/Rain/Mist, Water Manipulation, Ice Creatioin/Manipulation
Unassigned- Assassin, Silver Tongue

>Armour/Attire
Stealth Attire + Robes (81)

>Primary Arms and Equipment
Bow (69)
2x Dagger/Knives (63)

>Miscellaeneous Items
Grapple (free)
Fae Jewels, learn Poison/Poison Immunity (43)
Brew-Stock (37)
Sem Mask (27)
Ghost Jewels, learn Sleeptouch (7)
Dyegem (2)
Lantern (Free with Faithful from Quests)

>Companions (+1 for Charisma)
Sister Jesseline Wanda
Father Godfrey Hauness
Dr. Quill Everbell
Arden Forest

>Life Titles
Scholar- Mind Read

>Quests
Prison Break- Add Ja-Raghar
The Great Voyage- Ship and Elemental Affinity for Nature
Talons of the Owl- Unaligned Point (Science- Medical Knowledge), +20 Gold
The Roving Hoard- +3 Unaligned Points (Prowess- Warrior, Faithful; Arcane- Blink)
Rogue Titans- Free Drink and Rent
The Coming- +3 to any Stat (Intelligence)

I'll check the math another time

Wasn’t there an updated version of this?

>What do you prioritize in terms of power and abilities?
Intelligence and agility. Prefer to be a tactician with a bow and dagger.

>do media collections update
Indeed they do. So does the gun room.
>where are the rulebooks
Both.
>does Room Essentials have an internet connection
No. Even if it did, the regular internet would be essentially inaccessible since time is slowed so significantly and the dilation would blueshift any wireless signals enormously (IF I had allowed wireless signals to pass from the inside of the Zone to the outside -- which I didn't). Interbot's primary use is not to give you the internet so much as it is to make the internet usable, since it operates on the Zone's timescale.

Magic is always best.

Also I hate Cyoas like Travellers Tale. Excessive text with no images, It's tedious to read.

But the timescale can be toggled on and off. Obviously it's not going to work normally when the time dilation is toggled on (though even then, it could conceivably cache a static copy without the AI, and cache any output you send for when you give it a chance to update), but you aren't necessarily going to leave it toggled on, particularly if you're going to live out of your zone.

You know, the majority of text in Traveller is companion descriptions (most of which are surprisingly fun and interesting) and location descriptions (less so, but still neat) both of which are very skippable.

I enjoy doing these, but what are you supposed to do after you finish making your characters or whatever?

>Name
Coriya Kiggen
>Race
Merfolk
>Sex
Female
>Stats
Per.- 4
Str.- 2.75
End.- 2/4
Cha.- 6.5
Int.- 7
Wis.- 7
Agi.- 3/6
>Perks/Features
Bodytype: None
Up Bringing: Social and Spiritual
>Curse
None
>Titan
Dearest Sem
>Spells Bonuses and Proficiencies
Water: Produce Fog/Rain/Mist, Water Manipulation, Ice Creation/Manipulation
Light: Light Beam, Lightning, Glow
Dark: Shadowgrasp and Shade Guardian
>Armour/Attire
Skimpy Ceremonial Wear
>Primary Arms and Equipment
Martial Art
Staff/Instrument (Flute)
>Misc. Items
Cure-Tome
Brew-Stock
Ram-Caravan
Name: Remy
Elemental Affinity- Air
Spell: Hover/Glide
Atk.- 3
Def.- 2
Sta.- 5
Agi.- 5
Spd- 3
Int.- 4
Great Maps
4 gold leftover
>Companions
>Prince Terry Smithlorn
Per.- 4
Str.- 3.5
End.- 4
Cha.- 6
Int.- 8
Wis.- 2
Agi.- 4
>Christopherson Ram
Per.- 8
Str.- 4.5
End.- 4.5
Cha.- 5
Int.- 5
Wis.- 3
Agi.- 8.5
>Baravisus Sager
Per.- 5
Str.- 8
End.- 7.5
Cha.- 5
Int.- 4.5
Wis.- 4
Agi.- 7.5
>Life Title
Trader
My ma and pa were traders and I think it suits me quite well.
>Great Quests
>The Roving Horde
How troublesome. Don't they know killing/enslaving potential customers will destroy the market? It will make them poorer and they will need to raid more. The never-ending cycle of blood and money. Can't we all just trade with each other?
>The Great Voyage
Lands to buy, a location for my base and a place to call home. Finally, somewhere I can rest easily though I'm going to need to fight people for it. Oh well, the best things in life for worth the battle.
Being a fish out of water isn't that hard though constantly getting offers of glasses of water can get annoying.
Well met, fellow follower of Dearest Sem.

It’s fucking good you stupid wanker. Sorry that you’d rather look at anime tits

Kill yourself and get reborn as your build.

Write stories, RP, or whatever you want really. I've been getting into writing because of CYOAs. I'm shit but I'll take my time to improve.

Well met.

Do you also find the rewards for Quests make builds a lot more awkward? I forgot what a pain it is to go back to your build and update if each Quest. I bought a boat then realized I could get a free one via quest, had to redo all my items calculations.

I think the only cyoa I’ve seen do this well was Battlemage and even then it makes things a bit complicated

Shenanigans. Luck, bits-and-bobs-utility, mimicry, guerrilla tactics; anything that relies on unpredictability and, if possible, "experience" (like "I'm experienced with the land, and the enemy, so even though I'm not magical or strong I can exploit their weaknesses").

It's a pain but it's fun reworking your build until you like it. Finding that balance is tricky.

I don't really see how that's relevant. You COULD do that, but, well, you'd need to know how to do it and set up a connection of some kind to facilitate it.

And even then that only works if you use particular Entrance Methods.

I swear to god I’ll pistol whip the next guy who says Shenanigans

I've been thinking a lot about Power Armour recently. I never made a build and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to. I just can't narrow down all the options to a single cohesive build. Guess I might make a small team or something.

I love and hate the word. I love to use it, but hate others saying it.

Wait, if we DO have the interbot, and the time dilation toggled off, does it not function as a normal internet connection?

Caster master race reporting in.

>Attribute
Creation

>Powers
[-8] Timeless II
[-3] Dragon Breath I
[-7] Dragon Hide II
[-8] Magic II
[-2] Form Change I
[-2] Form Sculpting II
[-2] Elemental Affinity II

>Drawbacks
[+2] Draconic "Drive"

>Roomate
Xiu

>Tasks
Quincy - We Will Protect This House
Tahir - Transnetherium Shenanigans
Xiu - Foreign Assassins
Adeline - The All Seeing Eye

I choose creation as my affinity. The potential to create money, supplies, weapons, or allied monsters is just too good to pass up. I can support myself monetarily with my creation powers, so that I can spend all of my time learning advanced magic instead of working. Eventually, my magic will allow me to become a full-fledged dragon, which will boost my powers greatly. Form change can be used to disguise myself as a human if I want to. Form sculpting lets me revert my body back to the body I had at 21 years of age. If I'm going to live forever, then I damn well want to be in my prime. Dragon hide II ensures that I won't be killed by a mere bullet, and regeneration ensures that anything that doesn't kill me will not cause permanent damage.

Quincy and Tahir's problems are obviously related. With my powers of creation I will create all of the silver that we need to enter that portal and kick transnetheric ass. After solving both of their problems, the favor I will ask of Tahir is to teach me necromancy. The favor I will ask of Quincy is to help me out with Xiu's problem. It can't hurt to have backup when we're dealing with assassins. I will be rooming with Xiu. My relationship with her will be that of a master and apprentice. I will help her with her task and in exchange I will learn magic from her. When I've become competent with magic I'll see if Adeline still needs help. I'd like a chance to acquire those ancient magic scrolls.

As far as waifus go, Sandra, Valerie, and Ira are my favorites. Maybe Joyce will introduce me to them when I'm done with my power trip.

Will post part two in a few minutes.
I try to post this one only every few months just so it doesn't get too stale.

Hey user, what's the name of that restaurant you like with the goofy shit on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

Bass
Overdrive, Amp, Banjo

You mean Shenanigans?

I made a single proof of concept page that was supposed to be a full-on remake.

Honestly it didn't feel different enough to warrant it's status as something new and fresh, so I scrapped it. However I was very proud of myself for making something so visually complex over the span of four days, so I keep it around as a reminder of how much I've improved.

Coincidentally, the remake's final draft was finished a few days ago. I started working on what should be a proper sequel yesterday. I'll probably post in update later this month asking for things that people want to see added. I may also spoil a few things now if pressured.

D'ooooooohhhhhh

It really did look great

And here's part two

not how i expected it to go

Would have loved being an incubus. Ah well, that’s the life of a (former) bass player.

Synth, drumpad and Amp is what I'm taking

You can take an extra secondary, user. You take one main instrument and three secondary items.

What I prioritize? I guess depends on specific thing, but I'll often Intelligence boosts, immortality/regen/related, magic.

For more typical physical stats, speed/agility.

What else... I go for potential-for-unbound-growth things more strongly than "immediate boost and then that's it"

Generally don't go for "stuff that's good for combat and nothing else"..

Generally, I either prioritize stealth or defense. I usually play either very tanky nigh-unkillable builds or super stealthy nigh-unnoticeable builds. If I cant for whatever reason I'll usually go for utility or some kind of offensive unarmed build.

It does.

>I would be considered about the glare cuased by the sun shining through the windows, but this is my world and there is no glare
I like the way you think, user. Such take-charge attitude was my intention.

Good world. Would vacation.

Anything that can make me standout. I have a compulsion to be an attention whore or something. Also things that are good in pvp.

I usually take a mix of magical and physical and take some utility in between

> The succubus would aid in cardio and learning, such as arts and languages.
Sure...

>Other (built like a cheap yet cozy apartment, plus a technically-finite but arbitrarily large warehouse basement for building/experimenting with shit)
>Other (I can choose to have any door I open lead to the front door of the Zone instead of the other side)

>/diy/ Zone
I'm putting this one apart from the others, because holy shit. By taking one single, simple power and the free basics, I can do literally anything I want. I have infinite raw materials of my choice. If I started with nothing more than a rock in my hand and those aforementioned raw materials, I could bootstrap myself from stone tools to supercomputers - and I have a nigh-infinite amount of time to do it. However, since I don't need to (and I get the industrial tools too!), I can skip straight to building supercomputers for massively complex simulations, or even true AI. Who needs to take matter out of the Zone when I can just transfer information? This thing is why I want the Zone to be real so badly - not only would I get a place to be cozy, I could change the world by building everything I desired.

...anyway, on to the rest of the build.

>Auto-Veeky Forums
>200% Comfy
>NormieStation
>Gaymen Piisii
>The Rest
>Stronk Gear
>FUCKING NERDS
>Veeky Forums As Heck
>Spacebox

>/out/
Themes, at least initially, are Rocky Mountains/Great Plains/primeval forest. Oh, and it's perpetually early spring (right around when the snow's starting to melt, but still early enough that it can come back, especially high in the mountains). The aurora borealis flickers around the peaks at night, and when it's not the Milky Way spans the sky brightly. Nothing particularly weird (yet), just combining my three favorite places into one thing.
>/friends/
I may or may not be giving the imaginary friend I had when I was ten a real form.

Points would make this post run too long, but honestly all I really want is SOUL Power, Inter-bot 9001, and Reality Convert so I can bring my friends and my inventions out and bring information in.

>Xiu
>Dislikes racism
Damn waifufags. At least be consistent, why the hell would an Asian dragon be the avid 'nonracist'? And why is racism bad, but her looking down on nondragons ok?

I'll take Adeline.

yeah user, IQDB is with a really straightforward cut and search, it's by some artist named cccpo