Guys who only shows up about 70% of sessions while making lame ass excuses all the time says he wants to DM

>guys who only shows up about 70% of sessions while making lame ass excuses all the time says he wants to DM
>go "eh maybe" which is a nice way of saying "no you dickhead"
>he insists as the current game is coming to a close
>we ignore as much as possible
>he REALLY wants to do it
>we tell him fine, text each other not to bother besides making the most generic half-assed characters
>one day before game is suppose to start
>"uhh sorry guys I've been way too busy, give me one more week to set things up."
>I am Jack's complete lack of surprise
>play the "back-up" game the other guy set-up

Fuck flakers.

>go "eh maybe" which is a dickless way of saying "no you dickhead"
>we tell him fine, text each other not to bother

I fucking hate you.

If the guy wasn't going to run a game anyways, what's the issue?

this. colossal dick moves. turned out it didn't matter in the end, but I can't comprehend how people can live with behaving this dishonestly

You're a dishonest little shit, that's the issue.
Fucking talk to him instead of saying "eeeh maybe" and insulting him behind his back

>t. shitflake wannabe gm

If a GM skives on a game and not players turn up to see it does the pope shit in the woods?

It's honestly easier to let him think that he "won" and plan for the eventual "eeeeh guiz, I got [stuff] to do for [reasons] and I have to do it next week."

It ended up happening anyways so obviously I was right.

Humoring people is a natural part of social interaction to avoid offense, user. Of course OP could just be honest with his friend but there's always the possibility that doing so could upset the friend. Sometimes it's better to lie to people to avoid upsetting them and since OP mentioned that friend flaked out on the game anyway there was no harm done.

Because we knew that he'd end up flaking anyways and decided not to bother because we knew that it wasn't happening anyways.

so instead of being a slimy piece of shit, why not just speak to him like a human being would and explain why his flakiness is a problem?

>wannabe GM is known to not get shit done
>hypothetical players don't invest much energy into potential game before they know it's actually happening
>hurr the players are bad guys
Of course, nobody here is a bad guy, it's just one guy who doesn't know himself and a bunch of others who know him better.

Dishonest? How? They gave him a chance despite knowing it likely wouldn't happen, and then it didn't happen. That they predicted that it wouldn't happen doesn't make it dishonest to give him that chance.

Because it would just make him butthurt and nothing would change, so rather than deal with a shitstorm and pointless drama, we just play around his unreliability so he thinks that he got more time and we actually get to play.

Everyone wins.

Most human beings don't need others to explain how it's a problem if the GM doesn't show up for the game.

>Humoring people is a natural part of social interaction to avoid offense, user.
Honestly, it's reached the point that Veeky Forums has double-backed on itself and now spams "just fucking talk to them" to the point that they ignore all aspects of social norms that people are expected to use. Yes, communication is key, but always being a blunt ass is not how normal people go about it. There's subtlety in communication that Veeky Forums seems wholly ignorant of.

In other words, Veeky Forums is still autistic as fuck, just in a different way.

This chihuahuaposter is right.

You were a pussy, op.

>Starting drama when we already know that the dude's going to flake anyways.
t. autist

Probably an okay way to handle things, but with the plan to ramp up the characters if it did actually take off.

That's a nice idea steeped in wishful thinking, but unfortunately most people don't take constructive criticism too well, especially the people with the most flaws.

then kick him out. acting like a cock is still acting like a cock, even if you get away with it and think the other guy's worse

But nobody got hurt. It seems like OP's group is fine with playing with him, the problem is merely that he's flaky and none of them had an ounce of belief that he would pull through with DMing.

>kick him for being flakey
That's just way too severe. Why's it so all-or-nothing with you?

My guess? Lack of ability to understand social norms i.e. autism.

I'm willing to believe that, yeah.

>half hour before session
>"hey guys, can't make it (insert lame excuse)

I have this guy in my group and he does it around 20% of the time.

I spend a lot of time making a character. And take time off of work to play. I quit my last group because the dm was invited to a party at the last moment and called of. Literally fuck you for wasting my free time and costing me money.

At least that was expected. It's so much worse when the you've been playing for months before the GM stops feeling like running it.

Holy shit reminds me of my shit ass group

>group wants to play dark themed campaign
>I volunteer and set up a campaign, rules ideas and minor touch ups to rules everyone hates usually
>create lore and world building
>ask for characters
>no response
>set up a session zero and everyone joins
>I help people with characters
>next week I ask for the final characters
>no characters
>some players lose interest, I recruit New ones
>new players give me characters almost immediately
>I ask everyone else for characters and give a hard deadline
>no characters
Deadline
>finally get all characters
>set up a game night
>everyone says they cant make it
>set up a new one
>everyone says they cant make it
>set up several meeting times and take a vote on availability that would work for everyone
>no one answers
>I declare the game dead do to continued disinterest of players

Turns out they were assholes who decided to cut me out of the group and defriend me totally.

That's life

>especially the people with the most flaws

Holy shit if that isn't the truth. I think it reaches a certain point where they've either they're so far up their ass they don't know it or they intentionally double down because they've gone do long with their flaws they literally are incapable of fixing them.