Mutant Chronicles

Hi tg. First or maybe second time posting here, so don't be harsh.
Basically no one seems to post anything related to MC here, although I visit this board not that often. Can anyone share some favorite stuff from the universe? Like some unknown lore, crazy campaigns, artwork, shady combos in mechanics (all editions welcome).

>inb4 muh shoulderpads
Shoulderpads are objectively the best

The only exposure I've ever had to this setting was that weird SNES game that played awkwardly, but still managed to be good.

I've always enjoyed the Brotherhood a lot more than 40k's Ecclessiarchy or Inquisition. As messed up as a the setting is, they are a much more hopeful and reasonable force.

Some maps for few DM's who might enjoy the setting

Most talk about MC is for Warzone in the alt wargames general but I guess I can share a few things for this thread.

From the last edition ogfwarzone resurrection(1.7) one of my favourite things to do with my Wolfbanes was to take Sean Gallagher and stick him in a big squad of Imperial Stormtrenchers, you could take Imperial Ministry troop units as support squads in a wolfbane army, and have them deployed as far forward as I could manage. See, Sean has for himself a little thing called the amulet of deflection, paying 3 resources it forms around him an 8 inch bubble of space where by any unit, including Sean, cannot be targetted be enemy shooting. So each turn I'd activate Sean and the stormies first, pay the resources and run them forward to eventually bring 5-10 shotgun templates to bear on my opponents centre line. It was wonderful, horribly OP, but wonderful nonetheless. In the new edition now(2.2) Sean's amulet has been rightfully nerfed down to just a -4 penalty to be shot at which is still pretty damn strong, but not the ball breakingly OP "tee hee hee, you can't target me" that it once was.

>shady combos in mechanics
user, have you ever read an MC-rulebook?

I'm looking for something not obvious :^)

The forces of Ilian have full army rules now, and some pretty powerful ones at that. The thing that that army is built on is the void portals, characters and a few units with access to special guns or psychic powers themselves can cast out these temporary portals to do a number of things, from rapidly moving across the table to setting up fire zones in unexpected positions, you can shoot through one portal and out another for a small penalty to hit and it must be into and out of the same facing side of the portals in question, to launching sudden and quite devistating assaults with yiur didcated melee units without worrying about them slogging across the battlefield. A very nasty army that I'm building a proxy force for, models aren't out yet sadly, looking forward to trying it out once my Bad Girl proxy army is finished.

I've done a few mini-campaigns with my friends as well, battling mostly over Luna and Mars. I'd love to do more Venus focussed games but I don't have much jungle terrain. Last effort was my Cybertronic army trying to stop then ultimately chase down a Bauhaus backed raiding party that had infiltrated one of my Luna settlements, found our secret research facility in the sewers and snatched our plans for bleeding edge new ship drives. What followed was an underground pursuit through the old prefall underground and sewer systems, emergeance into a shanty settlement lorded over by ex-Imperial PMCs and finally a climactic battle to kill the Bauhaus backed raiders before their helos could fly in and extract them. Cybertronic failed in this and there were a lot of demotions and "demotions" in the after action briefings.

All that was a 6 game campaign fought once a week over two months, my friend and I were going to do a Capitol vs. Mishima campaign on Venus next but work schedules fucked us and it never got off the ground. Got some more people into the game since then, gonna see if I can make something like that happen again.

How does the Brotherhood play in the new game? I have some old Brotherhood Valk models from when I was picking up stuff to use as SOB and they seem like a cool faction.

Love MC. Currently playing a shell shocked Imperial Grey Ghost in the Modiphius rpg

Pretty decently, though their basic Trooper squads suffer from a lack of tools and options, the art of kinetics is also a lacklustre power set which is unfortunate since it has their anti armour shooting powers. I play them regularly and while they're fun they do have problems in their troops department, but then so does almost everyone. New errata soonish that will look at addressing the factions and hopefully give the basic light infantry squads some more tools to work with. Oh, Visionaries are amazing, fucking hell, gun-kata dancing war-nuns!

Cool, how do they play gameplay-wise? Elite or tricky or what?

Brotherhood can be an elite army and it can also put down some decent numbers on the field. But for the most part you're going to have fewer dudes on the table than your opponent. This isn't nescessarily a bad thing, the art paths can do a lot to even out the playing field and even tip it in your favour, one of my favourite combos is to take a character and give him some debuff powers that penalise the willpower stat and have him target a squad taking cover in some ruins/trenches/whatever then in my next activation moving up a squad of visionaries or holy sentinels that then cast the Kinetics spell Holy Ground on the enemies piece of cover, hitting them with a strength 1 psychic autohit thatvhas to be saved against the targets now debuffed willpower stat. There are other tricky little things you can do like that, too. Brotherhood also has an emphasis on close combat, and while your dudes can be very nice up close and personal getting then there is a bit of trouble, there are powers and abilities that can help make it easier, but you will be taking casualties on the march forward. It's a fairly forgiving army and one that I recommend people try when I do demos.
Sounds neat, what kind of campaign are you playing in? Last time I got to play MC3e was with my Wolfbane Commando, Sean Harrison, he was secunded to the LPD by his Den through the Cartel and has been helping tackle crime in the Nines ever since. Had a subplot about finding his wifes killer but tje game folded before that could be dangled infront of me.

Cool, I always loved the look of the Valks (Power armoured warrrior-mage nuns with spears? Hell yes) so they'd be who I picked up if I grabbed the game.

They're aesthetic as fuck, I've got 3 generations of the bitches in my collection, 1998 metals, 2013 KS resins, 2015 resculpts. All wonderful in their own ways. Hopefully first half of next year will see the Brotherhood vs. Dark Legion: Ilian 2 player starter box finally come out, that'd be a good jumping point to pick the game up from.

Love the MC Universe. Hate what prodos has done with it. The rpgs are good.

I was never a Warzone-player. What did Prodos do wrong?
And I have to disagree about the rpgs. Every edition has been a hot mess. The original can be houseruled into functionality. The newest one is a lost cause.
The setting is still great. Here's hoping for 4e.

For the most part I dislike a lot of their models and just their practices as company in general. The whole AVP debacle. Now that you mention it yeah 2d20 is pretty garbage. I guess I just really like the fluff.