MTG APLHA LOTUS

authentic altered, autographed alpha lotus.
user, any suggestions on bid price? How much is too much?
Pic Related.

>10 signed alpha lotus
What's that now, like 50 grand?

Asking price was 32,500.
Any good?

If you can easily afford to drop $32,500, you wouldn't be asking Veeky Forums for advice.

>autographed
Aint' worth shit

Can't help but ask the non's for advice.
Don't really see these on the market to compare.
Thanks

So they should give me the card out right?
That would be a bargain!

I'm saying when something's autographed it's automatically classified as Damaged so collector prices are a crapshoot. It's worth however much you're willing to pay for it.

Thanks! As we all can tell, I'm not versed in this. Just wanted to pick a few things I lost back in the day to have for a personal collection now.
I knew I could count on non's advice

That user is not entirely accurate. What he says about cards being considered Damaged with signatures is true, for most cards. For certain high-end collectibles such as Power, signatures traditionally increase value somewhat, as the collectors who buy Power tend to enjoy appropriate signatures on their Power. $32,500 is a reasonable price for that Lotus, if you can afford it. Going up to $35-38,000 is probably reasonable too, though too much more than that gets excessively expensive.

t. user who works at a card store

I wouldn't? Ever? But I believe €40 is too much for a single card, so take my judgement with a pinch of salt.

Why do people always say this? Unless the signature looks like shit or is covering up the wording, I don't see a problem. Also, the artist is dead, so there will never be a chance to get any of his cards signed ever again.

You should ask a professional. Not a bunch of Chan tards

The professionals I've seen seem shady. Said it was worth 7 grand. Soooo.....

>Why do people always say this?
It's because selling signed cards is actually quite hard. Most players seem to dislike signed cards and aren't willing to pay full price for them. Because of this, stores often sell signed cards (that aren't notable, highly desirable cards) at a discount in order to move them. The percentage of players who prefer signed cards is quite low, so signed stuff doesn't command a premium. Again, this is for most cards, not specific highly desirable cards.

Again,
t. user who works at a card store

I see. I'm just a person that likes them, and would like to get some of my cards signed, but not thinking that it will increase their value or something. Power signed by a dead artist IS an exception, so I'm glad we agree on that.

...they also asked who was selling. Felt fishy like a bad trap on random.

Gonna make an offer inbetween...see what they say.
Thanks again user.
Happy whatever tha' fuck you celebrate.

MTG is dying, i'd be wary of buying into RL cards as most people are dumping them.

Christopher Rush is not Picasso or Michelangelo. His being dead means jackshit here.

Knock, knock, knock. Jeremy.

Dude, for this kind of money you could get a girl to touch your peepee!

He’s the Picasso of MTG. I mean you’ll never be a millionaire, but if MTG is relevant, or people still have a nostalgia for it, you’ll be fine. That’s a big IF though.

0,2 BTC?

?

You do understand this is a reproduction, right? As in there are literally thousands just like it. If you want to invest in "art", you need to buy the original artwork, not a reproduction.

>20+ years has passed but the card hasn't warped
hmmmmm

signed MTG cards are not like signed baseballs or signed sports gear.

having a mtg card signed can dramatically decrease its appeal in the second-hand market and limit the amount of potential buyers.

But for what fucking reason? The Lotus is already a collector's item and considering that there's an even more limited supply of signed ones, shouldn't those be even more valuable by sheer rarity? Are MtG players such gisnt autismos that they cannot abide any alteration, not even a signature of the dead artist? Are you telling me those autismotrons would spot on a champion card with the respective champion's signature, or on the marriage card because it has Garfield's writing on it?
Don't answer, the question is rhetoric

>But for what fucking reason? The Lotus is already a collector's item and considering that there's an even more limited supply of signed ones, shouldn't those be even more valuable by sheer rarity?
Chris Rush's artwork ain't way the card is valuable.

Now, if Richard Garfield had signed it, that might make it more valuable.

The card's worth is purely attributed by artificial things anyway. No sane person plays Vintage without proxies, if at all. Lotus' value is a quite literal meme. So there's no real reason for an even more rare version to be worth less.

A signed card is not an improvement on that card in this case, because the signing party has little to do with what makes the card attractive. Consider an alternate case where some random guy not even on the team signed the card: it would probably DECREASE the value despite the fact that the card is literally the only one of its type. A signature ONLY adds value if buyers care about the signer, otherwise it's seen as a blemish on the actual wanted item.

This.
Go get your peepee touched op.

The signer has a direct connection to the card and Lotus only claim to worth is rarity.

>32,500
Nigga, magic is gay as fuck. I thought you knew.

>because the signing party has little to do with what makes the card attractive

>Did the art
>Visualy representation of what object the name of the card is describing
>Already has his fucking name in the corner

k

The card is valued for its power. The art has nothing to do with that. The card IS NOT valued because it is rare, that simply means that supply is low and this sellers can demand a higher price.

Seriously, this is basic economics.

Fuck no you idiot if they just wanted a Lotus to use in a deck they'd buy an Unlimited Lotus at 1/10th the price.
This is an ALPHA Lotus and its only value is its fucking rarity.

>Altered
best I can do is .60c son.

You might think that a signature would increase the value of a card. But for most people, a signature is another form of damage. Unless you manage to find a collector who's specifically interested in signed cards, you have a HP Black Lotus on your hand.

>Why do people always say this?
Because it's true. People don't want signed cards because they are no longer in mint condition.

Like nigga how the fuck can that be a 10 when it's a Damaged card like hahaha nigga what the fuck just turn off your brain

This. Nobody uses an Alpha Lotus, or any real Lotus, as a fucking playing piece. And even if they did, there are cards in Magic that are arguably just as powerful as the Lotus.

Alpha Purelaces are exactly as rare as Alpha Black Lotuses but cost 160th of the price. Power is most definitely a factor.

>there are cards in Magic that are arguably just as powerful as the Lotus

Tell me what the FUCK card you're thinking of that's tournament legal in some format and is equivalent to getting 3 mana for free. Only thing that comes even close is Ancestral Recall, and that's every bit as expensive as the Lotus.

This. I know, supply and demand and shit and value is determined by what you can sell it for, but come on. It's fucking cardboard.
This is just like these ridiculous paintings someone finds in his attic that nobody would ever buy, but as soon as it turns out that [famous painter] made them you'll get offers in the tens of thousands. And you can't even hang it on a wall for the occasional normie guest to admire.

yes but the artist is dead now

Sol Ring and Library of Alexandria are arguably just as, if not more, powerful than Black Lotus. Lotus is way rarer than Ring though and much more iconic than Library.

Mana crypt is more powerful than sol ring. I would argue that mana crypt is more powerful because is a permanent effect, netting more mana in a game than the other, but black lotus is a play for wining that turn, it's value is that it's cost efficient and colored mana>colorless

You are too dumb for this thread.

Yes, Lotus is a more explosive play and better if you're going for the win the same turn as you play it. Cracking Lotus turn 1 to play JTMS or something similar in a grindier game is, however, not as powerful as playing a Sol Ring/Mana Crypt and having a permanent boost, or dropping a Library and drawing two cards every turn.

No u.

Show this and girls would lurk afther your peepee Disclaimer: quality of girls could vary from your fantasies

Really, you have no idea what you are talking about. Vintage is all about explosive turns. Now, please, go be stupid someplace else.

>Vintage is all about explosive turns.
This is wrong.

It's becoming increasingly clear that /you/ don't play vintage. Stop pulling shit right out of your ass.

Sol Ring and Library are both batshit insane but they're still nowhere near the absolute complete gamebreaking ultrapower of getting +3 mana immediately for literally nothing. Sol Ring is only +1 mana the turn you play it.

To put this in scale, I think Sol Ring is equivalent to a Mox, and Moxen are significantly worse than a Lotus.

i hate how the camera makes it look warped. It probably isnt, but still.

Okay, dumbass. Tell me which deck would rather get a Sol Ring over a Lotus in its opening hand. Then tell me decks that would rather top deck a Sol Ring. And then compare that to the number of decks that wouldn't.

Then take a long walk and contemplate how being a fucking contrarian manchild does not make you smarter.

Why are you buying a fucking lotus if you know nothing about mtg

It's like saying a card with a slit through the middle is rare bc it has a trait none of the other copies have. Ask yourself if the trait itself is valuable. Frankly, I don't know if a signature matters here.

That's complete and utter horse shit. Autographed sports cards are worth way more than non autographed.

Back when they printed the cards instead of applying a sticker on a blank.

So that means I'm actually rich? Had this since I played when I was a snotty nosed little kid.

Awesome.

>>money money money