Toy Truck Edition

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Dunkan
youtube.com/watch?v=ivwsROu7xEs

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554
>Codex Blood Angels PDF Expires 16-Dec
sendit.cloud/bqk6c7c548ue
>epub
mega.nz/#!ZotmFSpK!_ahEZ21p3hVCHwQ9u5vD5YQOjVpJWYOH4Cl7jhJeNo8

The Warmaster epub when?

#
Actually Battlescribe has the points on the baneblade wrong. I'm 13 points under.

For Nurgle!@

I need an easy paint scheme that doesn't match any existing hive fleet. Any ideas?

So I feel like I'm missing something here.

I want to take a Techmarine with a Conversion Beamer but the option doesn't exist in the Codex. Do I use the Conversion Beamer and points found in the index and apply it to the Codex profile or do I use the full Techmarine profile and points found in the index?

Nth for our Tyranid overlords

>what could i do to make this list better for a local tourney?

Nth for angry Black Templar.

OK

Should I run 2x 5man Havocs with all Heavy Bolters or Autocannons?

This.

apply conversion beamer points in index and apply to codex techmarine

Whenever you buy it yourself

What's the best tablesize for 1500?

What's the best tablesize for 2000?

I think you use the Index. It's the same way with the Autarch -- you -can- take the index options and whatnot, but since they don't sell models with those parts, they aren't in the codexes.

You use all of the most updated points values and rules, then add the conversion beamer and remove what it replaces

What is with the Iron Warriors obsession with hazard stripes?

The absolute state of the average American

3x3 Necromumda terrain.

You use the Conversion Beamer points from the index and apply it, I mean

Autocannons are for slack jawed faggots.

Heavy bolters are for god damn sexual tyrannosaruses.

Depends on the armies.

Safety first, battle brothers

They want you to be careful!

It's a defense mechanism to show that it is poisonous to possible predators

They're dangerous yet concerned with health and safety user.

they look cool

I take offense to that, the average american would be the one raping the manatees.

4x6, 4X8.

4x6 is still good for both.

Caliban green with a layer of moot green edged with Flash Gitz yellow

Oh the huge...manatee?

i wish catachan had updated models, id love to make a patrol detachment around dutch and co.

Perty made them standard after having his Legion confused with the Iron Hands one too many times.

Give them hoods, some robes and a lot of bio plaama. Watch as you piss off every dark angels player in your region.

>Not 4x4 forcing horde armies to either gimp their movement or keep more off the table.

Hey, I'm the person from a few threads back interested in playing Deathwatch. I was hoping to get some advice/suggestions on what to pick up for a 2000 point list.

Imperial historians attribute the stripes as an old terran ritual made by DAoT humans to enhance the energy output and increase power in the machinery, Perturabo took this at heart and include it into his legion colours

Caliban Green is my favorite green. I find myself using it a lot less recently in exchange for warpstone glow

Oh shit, not that guy but that looks great. How are Dreads with the new book? Still too expensive?

I've never had a Marine army before but seriously looking at going whole hog into BA purchases.

>Perty. You just decimated my forces. Again

>Sorry Ferrus...

>No. Sorry doesn't cut it Perty. It's the twelfth time.

>Jeez. Don't lose your head over this Ferrus. I guess I'll just paint some hazard stripes on my men so I know who is fair game for decimation.

Use it to make Dark Angelnids.

they are pretty decent actually. especially with the magna grappler

Are imperial guard still top dogs after chaper approved are marines, chaos or eldar now better?

Marines suck this edition besides primarch spam

Why aren't haywire/heat lances (even though both are terrible atm) available on kabalites/trueborn? The stems are 100% compatible like all deldar models. Why is there no infantry portable disintegrator? Fuck, lances are significantly larger than Dizzies.

Will deldar ever get love?

There's a joke about Orks and "getting to da choppaaaa" in here somewhere.

Post yfw Magnus and Morty get buffed in Chaos Daemons book,

What sort of bonuses would you give to Genestealer Cults as their 'chapter tactics' stand in?

Do you think they will have multiple choices, like Space Marines/Guard etc or will they have a single, more powerful bonus like Death Guard or Blood Angels etc?

Do you think they will have bonuses for Brood Brothers?

>Will deldar ever get love?

lol no

Whats a good paint scheme for Eldar Corsairs? I'm thinking of going with pic related but it doesn't seem very fluffy

Space reptiles and amphibians when?

>TFW I want to run an entire force of fallen, but use the dark angel codex for them.

Would it be triggering If I used Cypher as an azrael proxy? I have an extra watcher in the dark.

Why would they even have rules in the Chaos Daemons book?

Because they're chaos demons

Why wouldnt it be fluffy?

they are eldar space pirates. why wouldnt they be fancy?

I dont play nids

I get that but I'm just wondering if there are official colour schemes?

Technically yes, but their affiliated with their legions first an foremost.

It'd be like having Guilliman in the deathwatch codex.

You are fucking stupid

>Post yfw Magnus and Morty get buffed in Chaos Daemons book,

I mean Chaos Daemons only have CHAOS, DAEMON, and as tags. And both Primarchs have all three. So probably.

Is that part of a sprue on the top?

Marines are performing quite well in many tourneys, even without gulli

fuckin raven guard

hate them

Yes. I wanted a way to distinguish my Monolith so I took that piece since it was symmetrical and put it there, Ive started drilling and stringing up trophies I get when people have extra bitz they dont need or want. I want to find a guardsman or an eldar guardian to crucify up there.

But it would not.

>Chaos is supposed to be the biggest threat facing the imperium
>They only have two armies on the tabletop compared to however fucking many the Imperium gets

Except. It works.

Say you took a DEATHWATCH Patrol detachment and a Super-Heavy Auxiliary detachment with Guilliman you unlock stratagems for both DEATHWATCH and CODEX SPACE MARINES.

Now look at Auspex scan. Select an ADEPTUS ASTARTES INFANTRY unit. Geez. Looks like a unit of Deathwatch Veterans has both ADEPTUS ASTARTES and INFANTRY. So you could use Codex Space Marine's stratagem on a non Codex Space Marine unit.

Now looking at Daemons they only have CHAOS, DAEMON, and as tags. So if a stratagem says select a TZEENTCH DAEMON. Magnus the Red qualifies.

So long as you took a DAEMON detachment to unlock DAEMON stratagems.

>There's no single unit in the chaos marine codex with 2W 2A base
>Can't field truescale chaos marines against primaris without the latter being better despite being the same size

Primaris should have just been a statline update to bring marines in line with the fluff

>hating raven guard

pleb, pls go

They have 3 with R&H.

Daemons, Chaos Space Marines, Thousand Sons, Death Guard, Renegades and Heretics

Yes and you are a terrible person

you think i enjoy hitting dudes on 6+?! why even bother shooting

>There's no single unit in the chaos marine codex with 2W 2A base

QuestioninglyCoughingPossessed.

>They have 2W and D3A

Four, actually.

You forgot to name each Legion Trait too.

Deathwatch already get codex space marine strats.

No, Imperium has Space Marines, Blood Angels, Dark Angles, Space Wolves, Death Watch, Grey Knights.

If you're counting Thousand Sons and Death Guard separately from CSM then Imperium gets to count Grey Knights, Death Watch, Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Space Wolves.

orks pls go

>Implying 2 and D3 i the same
>Implying I can use their statline for chaos marines when they don't even have Bolters

What is melee?

I know, I did. See

With the DW it's a more forgiving army for bad squad builds, so long as it's things with zero synergy and so on.
There's a lot of things you can do with them, but I would recommend a starter list focusing on not mixing too many unit types between squads, it's generally better to look at what the power-armoured guys in a squad can accomplish, and then ask yourself "what would a termie/assault/biker add to this squad".
The other larger issue is to ask yourself what kind of playstyle you want. DW can be fairly powerful at range, but to compete against vehicle armies their mainstays are generally getting into melee, it's generally possible to get the most synergy within 24". Long-range deathwatch units can be a good addition to a soup list, but the army as a whole isn't that kind of army.
So then the question is, what kind of transport do you want? Razorbacks, Land Raiders, or the Corvus flier? Razorbacks are good for MSU and range, Land Raiders are good for field control and brute-force, and the flier is actually really good anti-infantry and a passable anti-vehicle supplement (sumps up the deathwatch well I think). You can't get away with putting mixed unit types in razorbacks. Terminators are good for land raider squads (crusaders especially), and you can do anything with the corvus.
The Start Collecting box is good (good value too), but the dreadnought can be superfluous. It's not as fast as the other vehicles (especially the flier), and leaving units behind in the backfield is dangerous.
So make two 5-man squads from the box, one ranged-ish, and one melee. There's no real "killer app" besides the frag cannon, which is great anti-infantry and anti-vehicle.

>Imperium gets to count ... Dark Angels

Why is Imperium counting a Chaos faction? Uncool man.

I believe that was implied by the "however many imperium gets"

>tfw BA, SW, and DA get their own codex while the Black Templars lost all their unique stuff

Good. Fuck off and learn to paint some real colors

Run most of your army with codex: SM and take a DW detachment for the blackstar and a pimped out kill team.

Sternguard and vanguard are objectively better than their DW counterparts, but make great counts as units.

And then you can actually take heavy support options like predators.

Best part is that you can freely swap between [Chaos] [Daemon] or [Heretic Astrates] [Legion] on fly as they are single unit in their own detachment.

They still have crudsader squads and the emps champ, they're pretty well of desu

No I just switched to sons of malice.

So Imperium has:
Generic Space Marines
Blood Angels
Dark Angels
DeathWatch
Grey Knights
Space Wolves
Imperial Guard (How many different model lines do they have?)
Custodes
Sisters of Battle
Admech
Inquisition/assassins and assorted imperial servants
Imperial Knights

Chaos has:
Generic CSM
Thousand Sons
Death Guard
Chaos Daemons
Rogue Knights
And renegade guard (FW exclusive)

It's a bit out of balance aint it? If CSM are such a threat then shouldn't they have more armies on the tabletop?

I'm really hoping they've got some cheesy shit in store for me man come Jan

Fuck on, forget to strip unreal colors

Chaos will be receiving World Eaters, Emperor's Children and Dark Mechanicus in the future.

black legion is many times larger than any chapter

Ha!