Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Adopt_a_runner_today.ARO
>Do_you_still_have_contact_with_your_relatives?.thread
>Blood_And_Water:_When_The_Team_Becomes_Family.zdf
>Nursing_a_Child.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 547 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo, chummer. Gonna be visiting my family. Want to tag along?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Hug.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

"Who's ya daddy" Edition
Do you still have any connection to your blood family?
Do they know you're a runner?
Or is the only family you have/want/need your team?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=1xyck8yd2cQeZAorL0ihpuPvYu2n_vyIl&usp=sharing
jankruener.tumblr.com/
shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sure. Again, this is still a massive WIP. It'll probably be a week or so until I'll be able to consider it runnable. Been shitposting with a friend that runs one of our group's games and plays with me in the other. Mostly depends on how some job shit goes down at the start of the year as to whether I run or not, most likely.

The best part is St. Petersburg is apparently fucking insane when it comes to its restuarants and bars IRL. Every single one of those bastards are looted straight from real life, though given a bit of dressing up. But a bar entirely themed around Humphrey Bogart? Indeed. A Cuban joint that only offers South American food and pumps Castro speeches into the toilets? Yes. A combination catch-your-own-fish restuarant / exotic petting zoo? Of course.
>drive.google.com/open?id=1xyck8yd2cQeZAorL0ihpuPvYu2n_vyIl&usp=sharing

Possibly, but weaponized autism is a dangerous tool.

You're not wrong, but at least this is moderately more useful than the other outlets. Plus, it gets me one step closer to cybergopniks and MVD dronecops.

What kind of shitty future camera shows scan lines

What kind of shitty future TV has scan lines

the retro kind
It's the lens flare of the future

Depends on the character.
>Russian cybercultist Street Sam/Face
Family were victims of an EVO experiment in his rural town that unleashed an outbreak of HMHVV III that turned the entire area into a zombie (feral ghoul) apocalypse. His uncle managed to survive with him for a few years, but when he came down with a cold, young Alexei figured he was turning and killed him in his sleep. Closest thing he has to a family is either the Vory (and his boss treats him like failed experiment) or the Cult of the Singularity. Exception made for the other Street Sam in the group. Ajax is like a brother.

>Cantankerous Cherokee retiree shaman
Born on the rez in Oklahoma before the Great Ghost Dance, he still has family there that he has some connection with. He left the Cherokee Nation in his 20's after falling in with a group of runners based out of DFW that came to the rez on the job and that he assisted as the local liason/shaman. After shit went south in DFW after a decade of running, he simply ran away and ended up settling down in Huntsville in the Cherokee ghetto there. Has a grand-nephew that's in a local go-gang that's always causing him headaches, a niece-in-law that abuses BTLs, and a closet full of skeletons.

Oh, and the ₽ offers a rough grading of Lifestyle level, from Low, Standard, High, and Luxury. Generally covered at a joint on your Lifestyle, but not those above.

It's an antiques store, obviously.

I usually create runners with close ties to either party members or with family, since they are an amazing roleplay tool and can bee a valid reason to run, like a corrupt beat cop who has work on the side to finance his kids college education.

Long time absentee from second edition here, are orcs and trolls viable riggers/deckers in current editions or are they better off hitting things?

They're fucking terrible in 5e Prioritygen and Sum-to-Ten to a lesser extent, but are perfectly alright in action (if the Matrix could itself be called alright) since Host IC and GOD means their BOD score will be tested more often.

>trolls
ehh, not really. not only do they force Metatype A which cuts into money (which riggers and Deckers need a LOT of) but also lowers the points they can put into LOG and INT
>orks
less bad than trolls but still not that well

What's the artist and is there more?

>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!

That elve doesn't look like she would be a good mom.

Meat Decker will always be a thing.

Thanks for the heads up, still reading up on all the new stuff, got lots to catch up on. Prioritygen, money and the lower stats were also a problem in 2ed...

jankruener.tumblr.com/

I have no idea what that means. Space station is going to fall on me? Or was that one of the AIs from back then?

>his vision isnt augmented
>laughing majestic 12 drinking orange soda.webm

How do I stop the matrix portion of the run from becoming "loluhaxdit" without murdering the hacker immediately? The hacker in question is a technomancer built for attack, so if and when the jig is up, he has no problem smashing most things into small pieces. But if I throw a R7 host at him, it'll likely murderate him in short order.

Is the solution simply more aggro? Multiple spiders, aggressive real-world reactions to matrix breach, high state of alert in the hosted? What do you guys do to make the hacker's job more interesting?

>there are people playing SR who are too young to know this

Is there a way to keep all players engaged, all the time? As a new GM, I'm worried that when the hacking data collection portion of a run is done, the hacker player is just going to twiddle his thumbs. Is it up to him to entertain himself at that point, or are corporate deckers common enough to throw more than one at the players?

What do you do if you're out in the barrens where people are less likely to have seen a deck than a home cooked meal made with real agricultural livestock and produce?

Also, what does the mage who's got zero infiltration skill do when there's no spirits or mages to zap?

>orange soda
>not lemon-lime

>The hacker in question is a technomancer
shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
Every Day, Once The Fucking Forum Is Up Again
tl;dr: a) leave the hacking to your sprites, b) use your CFs as tactical and c) use Machine Sprites to give dice to your team mates and force Accidents upon your enemies

That's not what he was asking for

MJ12 took all the orange soda for themselves, leaving only the lemon lime in the machines. WAKE UP SHEEPLE

I'm saying that if he wants to hack an R7 host he should have his sprites do the work instead of pulling it off alone with Attack actions

ForeverGM here, finally found a game whose schedule works for me. I'm playing a drunkard elf face. How much roleplaying is too much? I feel like my character is too much of a psychopath, at least compared to the amount the other players expound on their characters. Obviously I should be conscious about stealing the spotlight too often (inevitable to a degree as a face, I think).

Have I just been shut behind the DM screen for too long, and now it's all pouring out? Please respond.

That isn't the issue, nor is that how the hacker's MO works. He goes all stealth, but his real strength is using his sprite army and himself to bust things into a pulp when things go wrong.

Let me reword the question: how do we skirt the fine line between murdering the decker with a higher level host, and making things too easy?

Talk to your table - how much screentime do they each expect to have, how much do they expect you to take given you're the Face, and do they really want to get to know your character better? Not every runner's an antihero snowflake with a story to tell, let alone the urge to tell it.

You have him go against corporate deckers really.

Are deckers and decks a dime a dozen for the corps? Because they're going to have to be to justify how many I pull out of the woodworks.

I've been setting up my runs "realistically" thus far, so most locations dont tend to actually have that much security simply because they're low profile.

They're common when you get high enough in the ranks. If you're sending your running against pussy little corps who can't hire a decker, the runners are going to blow everything away. What would you expect?

What 5e book has a bestiary of paracritters?

Howling Shadows.

Howling Shadows
Be advised that this only contains Stats, not Availability or Costs

How i handle it is that the decker is a rent-a-spider that does his job from some remote location.
Prevents players from stealing a deck with the worth of a small house and makes more sense in the game.

Also be carefull when your decker realises that a Host can only spawn one IC per turn and can only have one IC of a given type.
That was the point where i brought a rating 6 and rating 4 agent along and just curb stomped everything.
Or in case of a TM, sprites.

AAAs will have top of the line cybersecurity divisions. Guys that are on par with GOD (or part of)
AA can have some good spiders, depends on the corp, some are better than other.
Anything below that has to subcontract or is a case by case basis.

In a world where the Matrix runs everything, you bet your ass that corporate deckers exist and are actually common.

Meant for

funny enough, it depens on the corp.
SK has a pretty okay.ish cyber security. Of course their HQ will mop the floor with your decker but they loose power quickly down the totem pole.

MCT on the other hand will fucking lobotomize you over the matrix.

Are there stats for a goat anywhere?

Howling Shadows p.42

What the fuck are you doing omae?

VLAD PLS

No anal circumference tables in Shadowrun, chummer.

Thanks and also that is fucking lame. Does that book even have pictures of the creatures?

CGL never paid its 4e artists

Sledgehammer wielding, lightning-themed adept who rides on a goat familiar and yells at trolls.

Typical I would rather Wizards of the Coast have the license at this rate.

>expecting that level of care from CGL
lmao

>Wizards of the Coast
no, chummer
the germans
as always: the germans

Hey yekka, found another issue with 196.2. The vehicle stat listings for any vehicles you own under Vehicles & Drones have a tendency to disappear if you click on a weapon mount.
Or this seems to be the case with the BMW Luxus at least.

Group's next campaign is gonna take place in London, any info about what London is like in SR laying around or is the GM gonna have to world build a lot?

there's a 4e book about it

can confirm.

>Source: am German.

Do people even know about this?
We use the English pdfs (for slang and lore) + German hardcover. They are published by Pegasus and they hold the license for our area. The rules are more up-to-date/FIXED (some confusing bits cleared up like the +1 out of nowhere for Riggers etc etc) and they have extra Artwork+lore. Run Faster has like 20 more pages. It's insane.

>Do people even know about this?
chummer, have you been away for the last dozen threads?
die lieben uns

Shadows of Europe, chummer. England is kind of a magnificent shithole. I'm sure there's probably some more half-assed info in the CGL Sixth World Almanac.

Sorry Omae, I rarely visit Veeky Forums. Just dropping by every now and then because we reactivated a group and started to play SR5 (stopped a year ago with SR4). Looking for run ideas and interesting lore bits.

SK ist nicht umsonst #1

Yeah, we know. And we by and large wish that Pegasus would get the rights in the US. CGL are a bunch of money-laundering cockgobblers.

Missions FAQ have prices and avail.
A german book have additional critters with art for almost everyone

Sorry to hear that. It was actually quite funny because my friend who got us into SR was always like "yeah the german books are really good and have extra content" and I had some semi-cringe because it really isn't as cool lore-wise with the wording (they just translate 90% and some shit sounds retarded in other languages or plain uncool).

Boy did I reconsider all of it when I saw the official Errata, then the annotated version and then some forum-made Errata and the german book was again more right and clearer on rules.

I mean, there is still a fair amount of imbalance and the need for rule-talk before you start a session/campaign but it works fine now.

So in the HBS Shadowrun games who reallt is that Black Elf that sells magic?

It's been updated over the years.
The Lord Protect was overthrown.
Arthur Pendragon is back. Is friends with Queen Caroline, but is shady as hell.
Johnny Spinrad is engaged to the Queen
Spinrad just became AAA rated as well, so fantastic.
Ordo Maximus is still hardcore genetically engineering mega vampires.
Lambeth is the shithole it has always been. Fuck Brixton, Streatham 4ever.
Not sure if there's anything else new.

Yeah, I never got around to setting up the display properly. Should work a bit better in the new build.
Nobody canon to the plot; he's apparently based on/inspired by one of the producers.

Is having two hackers redundant, or does it open up some possibilities?
What about mages?

Soo, custom drugs from CF

too broken to be usefull or a way to make chemistry a viable PC skill ?

Two mages is solid because it allows you to have a mage focused on casting and a mage focused on spirits. Two deckers... yeah, kinda pointless.

Two hackers mean that at least two people get to do shit during hacking time, which is an improvement in my eyes.

Personally, i do not like 5e mages and would restrict character creation to aspected, including the new ones.

Thank you both, seems like it'll be interesting.

For some reason before I read anything, I assumed london would have a higher than average amount of vampires, probably due to the huge "undercity"

If you don't run, post it to a website or a wiki and share it all. Or just dump a media fire campaign setting on us. We'll love you for it.

My only bit of advice is to read through 4th Ed before jumping into 5e lore wise.

Issue with 5e is that decking is borked to hell. It's a zero sum game that is overly complicated. You eithr succeed and aren't noticed, or fail and are spotted immediately, and if you're spotted that tends to result in your brain being burned out of your skull by G.O.D. because now we have an actual 'overwatch' stat that builds the moment you start decking, and technomancers (the new form of otaku) get screwed even harder by it.

Make sure you read 4e for the lore before you jump into 5e, 3rd ed's lore is covered pretty well in 4e and there's not such a massive SIDE WRENCHING as there is in the 4-5e transition.

A party of all mages is essentially easy mode. They can handle anything but Matrix, and even then they could mind control a decker to do it for them.

Is Japan's racism so great that even white, American, non-trog tourists on short term stay would be banned? Like what if it was for a business trip or inter-university scholastic program for professors in the same field? Would a metahuman be able to visit japan and get lots of dirty looks, but ultimately not get lynched or sent to Yomi Island?

Answers relating to both before and after the 2063 closing of concentration would be great.

wait seriously? So all the 4e art was stolen?

They wouldn't even have to do that. A skilled conjurerer could easily summon a spirit that could outdeck almost any Decker

So what you're saying is we should be playing using the 5e german books translated back into english?

Shall do. Have a Google Doc that I'm working on as a city primer, while the Google Map is essentially an in-universe map set up by expat runners to assist recent arrivals.

Japan isn't that racist in Shadowrun. Where did you even get that idea that non Japanese aren't allowed in the country?

>Looks at Oni Island

As far as I know, no. Japan's racism has ethnic tones, but the main thing is megahumanity. Russia's actually closer to that paradigm. A Russian troll might get looks, but he'll be accepted and trusted before a Armenian human. Hell, the Sons of Sauron in Russia are actually made-up of West Slav trogs fighting for their rights for not being Russia and don't lift a finger to help churka trogs.

To my understanding, Japan is human-supremacist, so they'll let subhumans hang around out of the goodness of their hearts, type of thing.

>They wouldn't even have to do that. A skilled conjurerer could easily summon a spirit that could outdeck almost any Decker
Missing the part where a spirit literally can't interact with the matrix. Not even a little bit. That's explicitly stated that free spirits don't see interfaces in the same way we do, so they can't read screens.

I should say, has some ethnic tones, but the main thing is metahumanity.

A wealth gaijin human is still a human. Meanwhile, a wealthy Japanese ork is sub-human filth. See Yamatetsu picking up and moving its entire operation from Japan to Russia after it got an Ork CEO.

Wait fuck I forgot to add "metahuman" to that. A caucasian, American dwarf or elf. I get they're metaracist and normal racist as hell, but I'm not an ork and I'm clearly not a Filipino trying to move in and take anyone's jerbs. I'm just a dwarf here for an academic symposium of some sort or another.

And maybe to do some matrix-based civil disobedience against the racist power structures, but carefully and without getting caught.

dwarves tend to get way less shit than goblinoids, but only elves get a free pass.

It boils down to this. Yes. Or find someone that just translates the questionable parts and the extra content.

The main thing it though, that you can also correct the english version yourself with the help of the Errata and the internet. It's just more conveniant to have an already correct source lying on the table with you, which is the reason to buy the hardcover.

sounds like we should pull together a doc specifically filled with the german errata if we haven't already.

I know that we don't play with german 4e rules because the equipment on offer is -rediculously- OP compared to the english stuff, but it's nice to know that's how you fix 5e.

Do the german rules make matrix stuff not shit? Or is it just broken beyond repair?

>implying CGL won't just another type of spirit that can deck

they haven't yet, and until they do your argument is moot.

So I finally started playing the Shadowrun Returns games. Beat the first 2 and I am still playing Hong Kong. Here are my thoughts. Returns is kinda shitty. Decking is useless, party members are useless, story sucks and characters are lame. Played as a Physical Adept who was pretty terrible. Dragonfall was a billion times better but was buggy as fuck. Story was better, characters were better and I played a Mage which was OP. So far Hong Kong is the best yet. Great music, atmosphere, story and the best characters by far yet. The only party members I really liked in Dragonfall was Glory and the dog. I can't believe there are people here that say Dragonfall was better than Hong Kong.

Would it be murder if I kill an orc in Japan kirisutegomen style?

Religion is a way of explaining the universe in a way that the faithful understand. Magic is about speaking to the universe in words it can't ignore.

If higher powers were required to do magic my character would be out of luck and working as a stuffer shack clerk.

Murder is murder, chummer, [Spoiler]unless they're SINless.

What about possession spirits that inhabit somebody with eyes ? Then they should be able to work with a display.

Are super thyroid glands worth 140k and when you learn a spell like manabolt do you get all 3 ranges of it for free or do you have to pick one range and buy the rest?

Depends on your build.

It's 3 spells, not 1.

Well ok that sucks. Guess I'll just get the single target los one to start.

How do I get more initiative dice as an adept beyond the reflex power? Drugs?

Tell the little Feebs to stand aside as you sink your teeth into this plot and show them how it is done.

erm...

Nicely.

Youre the face. If you aren't taking up spotlight you aren't doing your job.

Returns was their first attempt at the game and it really shows with how rough a lot of the systems are. Dragonfall is where it started coming together and they were able to script up a more "open world" type game that Western gamers and Shadowrun fans are accustomed to. HK is basically their capstone.

Or Non Elf in the Tirs. The only place more racist than Japan.

You keep saying zero sum yet I don't believe you know what it means