Diversity

Why is it people freak out when PoC or homosexuals or whatever are mentioned or shown in game art or text?

>inb4 MY Europe never had a single nigger in it!
>inb4 having a black person on the cover is VIRTUE SIGNALING and you can only have WHITE PEOPLE
>inb4 someone calls me an SJW who doesn't use facts

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitewashing_in_film
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Same reason people freak out when white heterosexual people with Christian values are mentioned or shown in game art of text.

I've seen a lot less of this on Veeky Forums then I have people freaking out about seeing blacks.

I don't have an issue with it until the BBC network casts a Sub-Saharan as Zeus.

>inb4 someone calls me an SJW who doesn't use facts
Tbqh you didn’t post any examples so you’re already pushing that stereotype your self

Because some people are racist, bigoted and insecure about it. People will spin loads of bullshit, but that's basically what it boils down to. Please don't make this thread again.

If you've been on TG for more than a day, you've seen the examples yourself. Don't try and act like I'm making this up when it happens literally every other day here.

It's because non whites are often inserted into historically-inspired settings where they were uncommon or very rare. It's an obvious political statement in games I play to get away from politics. It's intrusive and makes it harder to immerse yourself in the game.

Haven't really seen anyone freak out too much over those things, but I can see validity in the criticism of games where the diversity is forced or superficial. Making a diverse game is one thing, going out of your way to advertise that your games is diverse (can't really think of any Veeky Forums content that does this tho) is another.

>Why is it people freak out when PoC

Ive only ever seen this in MtG Amonkhet art, and its because of the WE WUZ KANGS

>or homosexuals

Because mentions of sexual orientation or identity are usually uneccesary pandering, you dont need a text telling you that its ok to suck dicks in order to play a gay/trans character

I don't mean politics are the only reason I play them, just part of it. Escapism in general is the allure.

Can you show what games this happens in? And what places in history had virtually 0 blacks?

>TG

fuck off shill

You're right ans those people keep pushing the queer PoC womyn down everyone's throats.

>It's an obvious political statement in games I play to get away from politics
playing devil's advocate; isn't excluding PoC from your game settings also a political statement?

Can you explain the WE WUZ KANGS stuff? Is it because seeing black people in monarch positions was a problem with you?

And how is including a gay character in any way interfering with someone who isn't gay?

Because homosexuals are people with a fetish trying to turn it into a lifestyle.

Trying to normalize it is insane.

Probably because the D&D scare was way before Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums. I'm sure if tons of Christian groups were demanding all the satanic imagery be removed from D&D, there would be more talk of that.

>Because some people are racist, bigoted and insecure about it. People will spin loads of bullshit, but that's basically what it boils down to
Wow, you just generalized a lot of people there, almost seems like you’re a bigot. But honestly I’ve never seen anyone lose their shit over colored people or homosexuals in game art or text
Ok give me an example out of the threads right now

Go away falseflagfag

How?

You outed yourself as a SJW the second you decided to use the term "PoC" instead of just "Black"

>If you've been on TG for more than a day
>TG
Yeah, you're not fresh off the boat.

From 4 days ago. There was another one yesterday but can't find it now.

A lot of places aside from the middle east and africa for most of history had no blacks. They didn't really get out of africa often, and even when they did, it was not willingly most of the time

>complains about this thread when shitposters about that idiot who got banned from mtgo went uncontested in their shittery for a week straight

so?

If I used Veeky Forums would that make you stop crying and actually talk about the conversation at hand?

I have no problem with PoC in fantasy games, if the setting is dark age Scotland I may have some objections if half of Glasgow is Filipino however, but the only thing that goes through my head when sexuality makes an appearance, of any type, is that this game is giving people the green light to insert their fetish of choice, and there is nothing I hate more than an innocent escapist game I have become invested in, becoming somebodies "magical realm."

>Can you explain the WE WUZ KANGS stuff?

Because egyptians werent black and a basically a lot of people felt like WotC was supporting that notion by adding so much black characters in Amonkhet

>And how is including a gay character in any way interfering with someone who isn't gay?

It doesnt, its just dumb and cringey when it doesnt actually bring out anything new to the table

Reminder to report hide and sage these threads

Because of (((forced diversity))), Schlomo.

Poc character art thread?

so kill yourself

>If I pretend I'm actually part of this subculture by using the terminology no actual poster has to deliberately think to use, will you listen to me whine about how bigoted and raycis you are because you hate muh reprasentayshun?

Because you're expected to clap your hands like a monkey over it. If you point out how this or that aspect was poorly written or annoying, you get labled a bigot. So keeping the usual suspects out of your hobby becomes a priority.

Did she walk back with a limp and smelling of sex?

/pol/luters falseflagging as always.

I haven't really seen anyone give a fuck if there's a women or a black person in a DnD book.

It's strange when a viking is depicted as black, just as it's stupid to portray a Zulu-warrior as white.
But then again it's a fantasy world, so if your setting have white desert-dwellers and black mountain-people who really gives a fuck?

>it's another /pol/ circlejerk thread

use your own goddamn board, retard

Egyptians were pretty ethnically diverse, with the Nubian population bleeding into them a lot. While a lot, if not most Pharaohs, were lighter complexion, it isn't like black rulers were nonexistent.

>muh educate yourself non-sequitur
cite real life examples or fuck off

I do it because nowadays it's used as a way to excuse increasingly shoddy writing. Why bother putting ANY effort into a character or setting when you can just appeal to tumblr and have a legion of mouthbreathers willing to defend your product from your oh-so-evil consumer base

eh, why not

nigger

It's obvious what the goal is. It's about denying any sort of white identity.
>game about medieval Bohemia?
>better stuff it full of niggers!
Racism isn't wrong, it's just the acknowledgement of differences. Bigotry is impossible in a game, since that is active abuse based off of prejudice. And 'insecure' is just the leftist shitter's catch-all term for 'reason'. Same reason why you degenerates call a guy "insecure" for not wanting to be a girl's 57th dick.
Pic, please consider suicide. All of Europe, Asia (barring the ME), and the Americas up until the 1500's had no niggers. Many places in Europe didn't get any niggers even after that, like Russia.
>inb4muhpushkin
A single mongrel, fuck off.

Who says you are expected to do this?

People get into a hissy over black art in 5E books but nothing in those books tells you to >clap your hands like a monkey

Are you just exaggerating a small problem, user?

I don’t see a lot of people complaining about PoC or homosexuals in this thread, these guys seem to be talking about the board in general and /pol/ invasions
This is some shoddy bait my friend

Man if you think people only just started putting their fetishes in now....

I only dislike it when it feels shoehorned in or doesn't matter. Like, I don't need to know that this blacksmith gay. I don't give a shit that the cleric was born a man but identifies as female. It doesn't affect anything, so why add it in just for diversity points? It's just annoying pandering.

As for race, I usually play high fantasy themed games so having more exotic looking people doesn't really seem too out of place unless- again- it's shoehorned in.

You try it and tell us how it goes

nigger

History dictates that there was literally one nubian pharaoh.

Here's the pic

So because a game features black character art it means the artist is trying to deny white identity?

Are you insecure, user?

why is it so severe on here? shitty memes.

Why do people ACTUALLY have issue with it? It tends to be heavy handed, pandering, poorly implemented or all of the above. Inclusion for the sake of inclusion without any thought onto context can be a problem, and sometimes changes are made for no other reason than to be 'PC' (this happens more in other media, like movies, however). When shit is implemented well you'll rarely hear about it, save from shitposters.

Now anything to do with trans-issues tends to be extra prickly, since the issues have only recently been brought into the public spotlight, and many of the issues are still actively debated (like whether or not non-binary gender exists). When that shit is implemented is can sometimes come off as somewhat (read: extremely) preachy, which many find distasteful. Especially coming from games of pretend.

nigger

Egypt did have (occasionally) strong relationships with the nearby Kingdom of Kush, which WAS black. So it's not unreasonable if you want to have Egypt flavored stuff and reason away having a black Pharaoh expy with "his mother was the princess of a kingdom to the south" and others just being traders or immigrants who came in.

You are a left handed nigger?

No, I realize this is an ongoing thing, but there is no need to further it by putting it in the rulebook.

Bitch, fuck off. You keep outing yourself as somebody who has never used this website in your life. Shill elsewhere.

>Egyptians were pretty ethnically diverse, with the Nubian population bleeding into them a lot.

dubious, they were certainly not the same as europeans or subsaharan africans

>it isn't like black rulers were nonexistent.

black EGYPTIAN rulers were nonexistent

how about i kill you?

The Day of the Rope is coming, subhuman trash

nigger

Wow, a shitty devs making a crap game said something stupid.

Mmmmm are you going to avoid everything I'm saying and just run from the argument?

Sounds like you need a safe space user.

nigger

He's specifically talking about Kingdom Come Deliverance and Witcher. Both of which are heavily Polish/Bohemian influenced, both of which had essentially 0% black people in the relevant times.

People bitched about how it was racist that the game was filled with white people. In KCD's case, the lead dev stepped up and actively slapped down these accusations on twitter.

I don't like the blacks very much myself, but I see no reason why you shouldn't play one in a pretend fantasy game. You will literally get zero flack from me, at least.

nigger

I'm not the person you're arguing with, dipshit.

Twenty Fifth Dynasty Don't Real

No, since what you call PoC are out of the stadistic default in most countries. Even in the USA where they're apparently everywhere they're actually a small percentage of the population. This further increases if we look at target population as opposed to population in general. So "excluding" PoC can be a passive thing while including them is always active.

So you DO need a safe space?

nigger

Personally I didnt see anything wrong with Amonkhet, Im just explaining why some people felt it had a SJW agenda behind it

I wish the edgelords would stay on /b/ and /pol/

>thread is 22 minutes old
>has 76 replies

Seems normal.

>crap game

Have you even looked at it? Shit looks dope as fuck. The combat and armor system alone would be worth the buy.

I don't even think that during the time the witcher series was WRITTEN poland had many blacks
Hell, I don't think poland has many blacks now!

You're aware that I'm not opposed to black people in settings and all you're doing is alienating somebody who might actually agree with you, right?

>actually talk about the conversation at hand
What conversation is there even to be had? People don't like things being done purely because of race, and the only reason or justification for Diversity is because muh diversity or an inability to empathise with others outside of there own race.

Enjoy the shitposting folks!

/pol/ shit always gets way more replies than other threads on Veeky Forums

You would fail at it and end up giving yourself buttsex.

The only the day of the rope that is coming is when you /pol/ morons hang yourselves.

Why are you being alienated? Do people questioning you make you want to be a worse person?

When you demand every other character in medieval Europe be a nigger, yes, that is quite literally what the artist is doing. It's funny how "whitewashing" movies gets criticized in Hollywood, but it's fine to dump boatloads of niggers into anything white.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitewashing_in_film
And mind you, many cases of "whitewashing" made sense, given available talent. No shit, a Japanese move, for example, might be about a European monarch but use mostly Japanese casts. With games, it's worse, because there is a deliberate intent to insert something that doesn't belong.
>not wanting your people to be erased
>edgelord
Leftists are a disease.
Exactly, even now there are only a couple thousand niggers there, mostly students or citizens of cucked EU countries.

If I said it was stupid and pointless to add them, would you bitch about it?

The only time it's a problem is if the character can be summed up as "[race], [gender], or [sexual orientation]" without really any other qualities of note. There's this tendency to, in an effort to increase a cast's diversity, unintentionally tokenize the living fuck out of the new PoC/gay/etc... character in question. Not often helped by writers doubling down when called out on this tokenism and calling their critics bigoted, "Nazis", or "alt-right".

That's a good topic and all but let's talk about something else.
Hypothesis: Native-americans were slaughtered but mexican natives were coupled because pilgrims brought women to america, while conquistadors did not.
Agree or disagree, why?

>what places in history had virtually 0 blacks?

What if it's also because people who play these games like seeing someone similar to themselves in the heroic positions instead of more white men?

It's because you're acting like a shitheel and presuming everything about anyone who replies to you.

Where have you seen a case where someone demands every other person be black? Why do you speak in so much hyperbole, user?

you've never been on twitter, huh?

>whiny SJW slacktivists and contemporary political correctness safespace culture has turned previously tolerant individuals into reactionary racists and bigots purely out of spite

This is why Trump is president.

These threads feel like they've stepped up a lot in the last couple of weeks.