>media.wizards.com/images/magic/tcg/resources/rules/MagicCompRules_21031101.pdf

>Current Modern Metagame
>mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

>thread q
what guild of ravnica would you join and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rg-liquimetal-artifact-murder/
mtgjson.com/json/AllSets.json.zip)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>q
Orzhov Syndicate

>playing
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rg-liquimetal-artifact-murder/

I need some sideboard recommendations please. I've been killing at the lgs, and the affinity/lantern fags hate me.

glissa sunseeker?

Anybody up for a match?

I want to play BW Tokens! Been out of the game for a while. Wonder if they still have it.

How often does Modern rotate? Will Mirrodin block rotate out next year?

it doesnt nimrod

Fellow amulet players, redpill me on the lotus bloom version of the deck. It just seems like it trades too much of the grind plan that makes amulet strong.

Seems like a painful landbase for a 2 color deck, especially with anguished unmaking, bitterblossom, thoughtseize, and phyrexian arena.

>tfw want to play tokens
>have like 95% of the deck
>tfw bitterblossom price is travesty

Imagine being this dumb.

I haven't played in about ten years, sorry for the stupid question. So Modern will never rotate?

I do wish it went back to Onslaught block though. Really want that Krosan Tusker.

No

>Got the playset when they were around 30.
>Sold one for 40 bucks.
>Regret it.

The third one is in a commander deck. I think Raise the Alarm is just as good in this deck but black creatures are needed.

Pyrexian Arena is decent. I don't really know what to take out for it but draw power is nice.
Anguished Unmaking is because I fucking hate Ugin. I still lose to tron but if I hit an Ugin I feel better.

What is this bullshit?

Turn five crap?

Ahhhhh they used it on my predator ooze and made an indistructable army that gets stronger each turn

Ooze tribal too OP

>tfw windmill slam this turn 1
holy fuck this deck is unreal

im gonna go on a wild guess and call it garbage. But feel free to argue on my point.

He's going to get rid of every permanent no matter what anyway. Hidden stockpile is a better anti ugin tech, with two or three colorless tokens you might be able to take him down.

Deck list? Seems fun.

Is that cockatrice?

>fun
This is Modern, no fun allowed

You know know what Ugin does, right?

Enlighten me

>turn 2 koth
I love this game, modern is H E A L T H Y

BLUE
STAFF

Unrelated but I don't know where else to ask? Anyone have the MtG screencap where user's class was introduced to the game by some teacher or similar and eventually he turned into an anime card game villain?

Affirmative

Play me mate I'm mountainmelon

How's the new as foretold living end deck?

About as good as regular living end

Rhox War Monk. Does it have a place in the meta? I really want to build a deck around this guy, but I'm not sure how it'll hold up.

>I'm not interested in something I'm never going to play in person
>Some UB shit brew
Kek, the irony.

Bitterblossom is around 25-30 now.

He just doesn't match up against the rest of the format very well. For the same mana you could have a Knight of the Reliquary and threaten to combo your opponent to death the turn after, or you could play a Spell Queller and 2 for 1 your opponent, or play Geist of Saint Traft and kill them in 3 turns.

You work hard to make something okay happen. Without As Foretold the deck doesn't do anything and even then your reanimations aren't spectacular.

AKA it's a meme, but an interesting meme.

Caleb used to jam it in Bant CoCo Spirits. It's not a spirit. You could jam it in a knightfall list or a bant elephants list. is right, the other 3cmc cards have a much danker gameplan, but there's no reason not to play Monk in a CoCo deck containing Queller, Reflector Mage, Geist, Knight, etc. You won't notice much power lost by squeezing in some Rhox, and he's of a decent powerlevel (if you're in the market for a reasonably sized lifelinking beater)

or better yet, find any Bant Knightfall list and swap out any Finks for Rhox (who needs persist against Path to Exile, anyways?)

>Having trouble recently finding an ideal 3 drop creature for my b/w midrange deck
>unpack pic as one of my cards from standard showdown this past saturday
>originally right him off like I would any Gideon
>upon a second glance and some input from my roommate decide to put him in and proxy my other 3 drop creature as him
>play a bunch with my roommate and online with him added to the deck
Holt shit, he was just the extra bit I needed in my deck. I put him in for the pure value of a 4/4 for 3 with a bit added utility but he has been single handily winning me games over the past few days. People have been straight up conceding to me cause they have no main board way to reliably remove him when the emblem hits.
Wtf I love plainswalkers now.

he also forces people to commit more to a board by virtue of his plus, which if you have wraths is perfect on curve. he's a wincon too with his beatz, guy is an allstar. good guy chad

wew lad

There's always Pauper.

What's the optimal turn 2? I've had a playset of those rotting in a box since Alara block.

>(who needs persist against Path to Exile, anyways?)
The thing about Finks is that people just automatically Path it because of meme value; 'hurr durr you don't get to persist'. It's not like Knightfall tries to jam Melira Combo on the side, so Finks is just marginal lifegain to give some breathing room for the combo that requires life, and if it eats a Path, that's one less Path to hit a Knight. Best case scenario is you get Gavony Finks going.
Plus Finks makes value just by resolving. Pancake Flipper does not. Maybe if that new torpor orb on legs makes a soldier deck viable, I might try Rhox WM again.

Optimal turn two could be... Jund Hackblade?

Still has to wait until turn 3 to get any bigger. And Hackblade is just a 2/1 until you put down another multicolored permanent.
Assuming another Hackblade and no interaction:
Turn 3, swinging with a 3/3, 3/2, 3/2
Seems suboptimal, especially since it's still boltable until turn 4.

Any of you guys have a good Tron-hate deck?
I'm talking about a deck that doesn't even care about winning or other match-ups, only about putting the hurt on Tron.
Would that just look like a mono-red land destruction deck or what?

Yeah, if you did, T1 ooze, T2 Nacatl & Ooze/Kird Ape/bolt, could be good.

Probably I'd be an Izzet fag. They, or the Selesnya seem like they'd be the least shit to be a part of.

Burn
There's no good land hate in the entire format so it's fruitless trying to interact, you're always better off having the fastest clock

Would would a Burn list tailored for Tron look like? Mainboard Blood Moons?

Amulet Bro here. Never played with bloom because I had the same sentiments as you. Best case scenario it casts a titan turn 4 and that's a turn to slow in my opinion. Also drawing one is horrendous.

I am however willing to be proven wrong if others can tell me why ppl are going this direction.

*What would

Mind controlled? I'd go azorius they seem at least potentially comfy if not just sanctioned dickery

Copy pasta is stale.

Imagine falling for this much bait

A Burn list tailored for Tron just looks like....Burn

If they don't draw wurmcoil, you should win

Simic. I'm a biology graduate student.

modern is a true masterpiece of cuckino.

Imagine a big BLACK cock...

Then your petite asian wife...

THEN BANG BANG BANG BANG HIS BLACK COCK GOES IN AND OUT IN AND OUT IN AND OUT.

YOUR LITTLE ASIAN WIFE IS NOW BROKEN AND DESTROYED BY HIS MASSIVE NEGRO DONG.

That is what modern is, a true master piece of cuckino...

I mean what did you expect when they're playing skred with no snow-mountains?

>Borderpost Balance Shitbrew

Cmon dude.

Man I don't want to be a grammar nazi but you didn't even misspell the word as 'rite'(Write).

Unless you're non-english.

What are the best MTG video games?
Been having fun with the "magic 2014" single player.

Downloading "magic duels" now.

?

Jamal pls stay in the Yugioh thread

Cockatrice.

The rest are varying levels of the exact same trash.

MTGO is the best but it's quite expensive
Magic Arena is a free to play hearthstone-style mtg game coming out next year sometime, you might be able to sign up for the beta now if you're lucky.

How viable/fun are Zombies? I have some Diregraf Colossus and Relentless Dead from a guy who gave them to me because he's a standard player.

Kys homo

Any kind of free card game interface like Cockatrice.

I think WotC should go the Warhammer route and just sell parts of their licence to bunch of developers to just make a bunch of different games and not just a mtg simulator like magic 2014 was.

Jeff hoogland is that you?

Then maybe ask this question in the standerd thread

Those cards rotated, he is hoping to use them in modern.
googling will get you some shitty almost decent decks, no real deck though.

Hi I'm Stinkweed Imp and I have a weirdly worded death touch, and seem insignificant and useless but that Dredge 5 man is quite the boon if you know what I mean.

I mean it's helpful.

Ghoultree, Grisly Salvage, Nemesis of Mortals, these would be things to make love to.
Can't figure out how to make a Dredge+Salvage heavy deck, which is a quest I must fulfill.

I meant to say how are they in Modern? They pretty much all rotated out of Standard so he gave them to me since I play Modern.

Deathtouch works outside of combat damage though.

So I downloaded cockatrice and whenever I try to download the card list, it says "Network Error: Error creating SSL context ()"

What am I doing wrong? I'm using the default URL (mtgjson.com/json/AllSets.json.zip) btw.

Is the new version of Blue Moon (UR Breach) a meme or is it really good?
I currently own UW Control and was thinking of also getting card to either make this one or Jeskai, since both are faster. Although Jeskai would be cheaper, I'm asking because there is Gx Tron in my meta, and Blue Moon seems to give a better fight against it.

I've been doing well with Amulet at my local weeklies so I'm a little change averse, but I'll probably give it a go since I have blooms from when i used to play ad naus. I guess it makes t1 stirrings better and gives you more ramp that blanks removal but I feel like the deck already can get titan out pretty consistently on t4 so why dilute on of the best late game combo decks in the format with a card thats terrible in the lategame?

reprint extract

Reprint Field of Dreams

>doesn't cost phirexian blue
It's trash

Do you shuffle face up then? What about cutting?

No. No. Never played against lantern control?

How can i get to 6 blue mana so that i can chain gearhulks for fun?

>Borderpost Balance Shitbrew
Not that guy but you're a fucking retard.
Just because a deck uses Borderposts doesn't mean it's a RB deck

>Imagine falling for this much bait
Merely pretending

Curious question for Dredge players: is the threat of milling yourself too much a thing? Never played the deck myself but seeing all those Dredge 3-6... It must stack up.

When you have dredged 50+ cards, you prob don't need to dredge more. You have either won or lost at that point.

I think they were on some Free Red Win list with a hefty dose of planeswalkers, turn 2 koth came about via ritual+simian.

and it's not Restore Balance!!! >:(

My bad. I thought that said flipped deck.

Counter everything and board wipes.

Maybe ask the commander thread because this shit has no legs here

don't discourage him like that.

4 Supreme Verdicts
4 Path to Exile
4 Snap Caster Mage
That package
4 Remand
4 Opt
4 Wall of Omens
24 Lands or so

Should be enough to fight things

I want to get into Modern but only through MTGO, is Burn an okay place to start?

Go anti-meta.

Yeah, Burn or Affinity are the best places to start. They're the solid aggro decks that will help you learn the pacing of the format; you want to avoid the combo-aggro decks like Infect or Boggles. There are two flavors of Burn, Naya and Boros (with a touch of green); I suggest Boros because it's mostly spells and is a better teacher; Naya goes against the Burn philosophy by playing too many creatures.

If you want a deck that has cards that overlap with other decks you might want to start with the WUR list that's either control or tempo-Jund. You'll have issues knowing the lines because you're learning the format but the cards in that deck are likely to go into another deck whereas cards in Burn or Affinity go into almost zero other decks.

Not him but it's not discouragement, it's teaching people to respect other peoples' time even if we're just a pile of shitters on the Internet.

People in real life ask about trash like that all the time. If they were good at the game and asking as a thought exercise then it's worth engaging in because you're fucking around. But most of the time the people asking about shit like that fucking suck at the game and if you help them they're usually too stupid to get better at the game as a byproduct of failing with the idea but most importantly you've taken their bait, given them some attention, and they'll waste some other poor fuck's time down the road while still being garbage at the game.

Either you help people get good or they're already good and you're helping them fuck around. There's no fucking room to help people who suck at the game fuck around; I dare say the reason why the community is still so fucking ignorant is because we can't help but love to hear ourselves talk and help any stupid retard asking about dumb shit we all know is stupid, and because they're going to end up as trash as when they started, they'll probably spread their ignorance to some other new player and perpetuate the cycle of people who waste other peoples' time while never having any motivation to improve.

They're like shitty panhandlers who can do nothing but raise another generation of beggars.

I was thinking of getting Burn so I can get the fetches and stuff like that. I'm also looking at the CoCo decks since it's the closest thing to Pod and I loved playing that.

Still waiting for them to print a card that makes players draw from the bottom card of the deck.

How would you improve this deck.

I fucking hate CoCo but it's such a flexible card I don't fault you for wanting to play it. The comparison to Pod is pretty apt. CoCo is stupid reliable but sometimes watching the opponent hit something that is an outlier situation makes me feel pretty salty at times. The fact that Pod was predictable to a degree was nice; CoCo's ceiling is higher and sometimes much more horrific.

To me CoCo is just as oppressive card as Pod. Especially now that I have been blown out 3 times by the vizier combo by them hitting both combo creatures from CoCo.

I agree that both are oppressive but with Pod I could see what was coming to a much higher degree than CoCo. When CoCo happens some portion of the time they luck-sack into the win. And the same is true for when they whiff. Neither extreme is satisfying to experience or watch blow up in their face.

It's like top-deck-the-card, it doesn't feel like a natural part of the game. Just like Summoning Trap.