Daedric Princes

Why are all the daedric princes assholes? I mean, even the "better" ones like Azura or Meridia have things that are really bad about them, the former is very vain and petty and the latter hates undead so much that even if you were a long time follower but then became a vampire on accident, she'll discard you. Why do none of the daedric princes care about mortals, even ones that have been loyal across multiple family generations? Are there any princes that have some sort of respect toward grovelling mortals?

because by definition the Daedra are the ones who never wanted to make mortals in the first place, so of course, they don't give a shit about them

Inconsistent lore.

Why didn't they want to make mortals?

The daedric princes have always been a-holes, though. In Daggerfall, all of their spheres are associated with negative actions like madness, vanity, hoarding, chaos, domination, conspiracy, decay etc

>Why didn't they want to make mortals?
Iirc, for the Aedra (the divines) creating the world required sacrificing some of their power (hence why the Daedra can manifest their power in the world far more directly than the divines can)

I thought the Aedra were essentially tricked into forming the bones of creation.

Daedra are by nature only concerned with themselves, since they chose not to create like the Aedra did. They meddle in the affairs of mortals because they risk little in doing so and stand to gain everything without creating anything new. Daedric princes come and go, and they rarely get btfo on a massive scale like mehrunes of jyggalag.

come and go? I thought they were eternal beings that were manifestations of physical spheres, kind of like the GMAN or Q from Star Trek. I didn't think they simply come and go, can they change as beings though? can they create? Sheogorath, for example, created music

I think he meant come and go as in they literally come to Mundus and leave from time to time.

that's the elven perspective of events, they believe the eight were tricked into creating the world by Lorkhan which unknowingly to them cost them the afore mentioned power and giving them a powerful desire to cut out Lorkhans heart and shoot it into a volcano. meanwhile the humies think the gods wanted to make the world because all of them like the world and by extension have no quarrels with Lorkhan making it. you can pick whichever you like but the heart didn't just walk into that volcano.

They gave me a bunch of cool stuff in my console Skyrim. I like them.

I think you mean just shitty lore in general.

Well it's more a matter of whether you believe the heart thing was rightful vengeance or a wicked betrayal. Some of the echoes (Nerevar in particular) make me lean in the latter direction. Also I'm not a stuck-up elf.

TES was good until they made their crappy MMO.

The MMO doesn't count, ever.

>Chim Chim Charoo
My sides

Aren't they basically the demons of the setting?

Why wasn't jyggalyg in skyrim? Shit would have been awesome.

More like selfish gods who view the world as just another setpiece. Many Daedra are more AMORAL rather than IMMORAL. That is, Azura wouldnt necessarily walk into a hamlet and raze it for lolz, but if she decides that someone in the hamlet wronged her she absolutely might. Similarly, a daedra like Sheogorath isnt 100% evil, seeing as people live in his realm functionally. Those people jusj have to put up with bullshit like "X annoyed the Prince of Madness by wearing a wardrobe that was more flamboyant then his, refused to remove it when prompted, and was literally exploded in a geyser of blood in the market" or "we have 3 Leap days this year, and 4 New Years celebrations in summer and fall", or "today, everyone gets a free sweetroll, but all the sweetrolls are in a castle with a pack of Clannfears".

Because outside of a loose reference in one book the only people who know about him are either in the shivering isles or other daedra. Also its not very clear what happened to him after the shivering isles.

He fucked off to regain his power and at least part of Dominion in Oblivion, probably. He doesn't seems like a guy who would bother with mortals.

Some were tricked, others wanted to keep helping out and make the world, so they stayed and helped. The ones who were salty the most about the "trick" were the ones who pissed off and became the Magna-Ge

>Why are all the daedric princes assholes?
Malacath is kinda okay. I mean, he's significantly more chill than Trinimac was

His followers, however, tend to act like fuckheads

It's because they were from Fucking Padomay Itself, and Padomay is *Literally* the osurce of every terrible thing to have ever befallen Nirn and the Multiverse, be they direct or indirect actions on its part. So of course its spawn are going to be just as dickish.

>Kirkbridefags seething THIS hard
The franchise is nothing but a tool to save paid mods and ebin dumbed down RPGs now. Deal with it, or suffer even more when the TES Valenwood comes out - now with a dialogue wheel and settlement building.