>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The lexicanum needs you help getting everything up-to-date with Age of Sigmar. If you have some free time please do join us.

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Thanks!

Former warhammer player, as in over a decade ago, the new lore seems all over the place. Is there an actual geographical space where aos takes place? I see theyve changed the flavors of most of the races. Im interested to know how they changed their model so much in a relatively short time. When I played, I couldn't imagine such a drastic change, it was largely static for like 30 years

2nd for Sigmar is a little bitch boy

So If i take any slaves to darkness in either of these armies (assuming I give them the appropriate keywords) I will keep the allegiances without even needing to go to allies. Is this how I take it?

What do you guys think about allowing players characters being able to buy young monstrous creatures?

Like they head to a city and be able to do side quests to find merwyrm, griffon, and other types of eggs or baby monsters?

What I meant to include is the question, do most people like the changes? Im trying to figure out if its worth investing the time to get into

You can only have one set of allegiance abilities. You can pick from any you qualify for.
You can pick command traits and artifacts from any allegiance you qualify for, not just the one you are running
Slaanesh has the most interesting allegiance ability

>Is there an actual geographical space where aos takes place?
inside the chaos warp

prove me wrong faggets

I never played fantasy before AoS, but I like the universe they've set up here. It's really over the top which I think suits warhammer, and all of the different realms allow for some fun narrative settings.

None of the new stuff is bad, I think people just have issues with the stuff that GW dropped for no apparent reason.

the 9th realm, or the realm of chaos, is a completely separate realm. Chaos goes to great lengths to capture realmgates to link them to the chaos realm. Why would they need to do that if everything is already in the chaos 'warp'?

>inb4 durr aos is 40k

No that doesnt answer my question. I get how allegiances work.

but from what I can understand, I can have an army, of, for example, khorne daemons and slaves to darkness (all with mark of khorne) and still maintain the khorne allegiance abilities (aka the blood tithe). Is this correct?

Fuck it's also my understanding that my entire army could be slaves to darkness, all with mark of khorne, and i could use the blood tithe. I just want to make sure im not missing a rule somewhere.

whole WHFB setting got sucked into the warp through collapsed web way gates (old ones polar portals). from then on the whole setting, including the new realms, are all inside the warp.

Nice fan theory headcannon.

My lgs is just starting to get into AoS and is a very casual scene, how does this look for a beginner Soulblight army?

Here is an example of what I'm talking about.

Here's a 1000 point slaves to darkness army. Everything has the khorne keyword. Which means I can take the khorne allegiance abilities, artifacts, and even prayers, as described in the Blades of Khorne battletome.

please let one of the aelves factions be released soon.

>Nice fan theory headcannon.
read the fucking end times books bro, its all in there.

including the time that the skaven found a satelite phone inside one of the lizardmen pyramids that dialed up some Aeldari off planet.

Should I play Fyreslayers or Dispossessed, I'm asking for a friend.

Fyreslayers

Ok, point to me where it says in the end times books that the mortal realms now exist in the chaos warp. Give me definitive proof of that. Otherwise you are just drawing far stretched conclusions based on misunderstanding.

It doesnt make sense that chaos tries desperately to capture realmgates and make them all point to the realm of chaos when they are already in the realm of chaos. The explanation is they aren't. The 8 moral realms are different and completely separate from chaos' home.

I will not argue this any further until you show me what I asked for in the end times books. You made this ridiculous claim, the burden of proof is on you.

If your friend's interest is purely competitive, then fyreslayers right now is the ideal. But that could change of course as time goes on, as the meta is always shifting

It isn't. It's purely casual, probably only 1000pts or so for now.

Then at that point either would be a good choice, depends on what he finds more attractive hobby wise.

The fyreslayer models are not for everyone. If he doesnt like the look of them, then dispossessed is probably ideal.

Dispossessed do not have a battletome right now, only GHB2017 allegiance abilities. If that's a concern, then he will probably want to go fyreslayers.

>Ok, point to me where it says in the end times books that the mortal realms now exist in the chaos warp.

the polar warp vortecies consumed the entire WHFB universe. FACT. Never does it anywhere say anything about the warp recieding and spitting the setting back out again into realspace.

Still waiting for those proofs.

The friend is actually me.

Anyway yeah, I like the models for Fyreslayers but I hate how they're the same pose and I'm supposed to run like 90 of them at once. I suppose I could run some Slayers as Allies for Dispossessed. That's sorta fluffy.

Are Allegiance abilities that game changing? It seems like Dispossessed are pretty good even without them.

what proofs brainlet?
you dont disagree the setting got sucked into the warp
you dont disagree that it never came back out again
QED: new setting is in the fucking warp

>The friend is actually me.

Dispossessed allegiance abilities are... ok.

The battle traits are also done in their one battalion, but better. Really the big reason to do dispossessed allegiance is for the ancestral pickaxe artefact. Which helps deal with dispossessed's biggest flaw: speed.

But otherwise I would just do grand alliance order and do the grudgebound war throng. Then with the rest of your points you could do whatever you want in order

So are Slaves to Darkness just black Khorne units?

Yeah, I noticed that. Its the same thing but you reroll all hit rolls of 1 right?

I really just like those two factions so I'm not fond of running any other army. I came up with this 1000pts version, since I think Aurics are the best models out of them aside from Magmadroths.

Allegiance: Order
Runelord (80)
- General
- Trait: Resolute
- Artefact: Ancestral Pickaxe
Warden King (120)
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Forge Key
- Allies
40 x Warriors (280)
- Double-handed Duardin Axes & Shields
10 x Longbeards (120)
- Great Axes & Shields
10 x Irondrakes (200)
5 x Auric Hearthguard (100)
- Allies

Total: 980 / 1000
Allies: 180 / 200
Wounds: 80

>Yeah, I noticed that. Its the same thing but you reroll all hit rolls of 1 right?
Correct.

List looks pretty good.

Where would I go for 2k, you reckon? Buff up the Hearthguard. Maybe throw in a Magmadroth?

I would say wait until you play a few games with that list first before you decide where to go next. You will realize on your own what parts of your list fit your playstyle the most and what you would like more of.

But the magmadroth is a solid choice. Even if you dont make it your general, it's a pretty awesome beatstick.

Good advice. I'll just build off that one and see what happens. I may end up leaning more Fyreslayer or Dispossessed. AFAIK Order doesn't have any Allegiance abilities, just artifacts, right? I guess I could take like, Anvilgard then for silly movement funsies.

Order allegiance ability is pretty much you can reroll battlehsock, then it also hase general traits and artefacts

>the setting got sucked into the warp

Most of the planet did.
Sigmar and the core of the planet didn't, and that's how Age of Sigmar starts.

I made this up for funsies. It does feel like a best-of-both-worlds sort of thing, but I don't like missing out on those special artifacts and whatnot. That being said, this works pretty well competitively I think. And its a good mix of different models.

Allegiance: Order
Runelord (80)
Warden King (120)
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Forge Key
Auric Runeson on Magmadroth (240)
- General
- Ancestral War-axe
- Artefact: Phoenix Stone
30 x Warriors (240)
- Double-handed Duardin Axes & Shields
30 x Longbeards (300)
- Great Axes & Shields
20 x Vulkite Berzerkers (240)
- War-Picks & Slingshields
15 x Auric Hearthguard (300)
20 x Irondrakes (400)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 142

>Sigmar and the core of the planet didn't
not according to this

Well, they changed the tone of the setting from a gritty, realistic game of thrones feel to an ungrounded, over the top, he-man masters of the universe feel... So just as long as you know it's completely different, and none of the old factions exist, you should be fine.

The fluff as it stands now is pretty bad, but the game itself is fun to play. Much simpler and faster than fantasy, but has a very different feel to it. It’s a solid game

youve got it right

you can have a KHORNE allegiance using only slaves to darkness

Are there any decent videos I can show my dnd/mtg friend to give him a non horrible overview of age of sigmar? I would probably be playing on TTS with him. Just realized the rulevook barely has any pictures or explanation of wasscrolls

How are plague priests as backup to blightkings? I feel like they'd be better than an sorc lord especially against seraphon.

Is there a list of base sizes?

If you stick to Slaves, you could potentially change allegiance at any time. Even with minor changes it works (You'd need to add in magic for non-khorne)

80 points for expected damage of 0.66 mortal wounds on a target per turn (assuming he doesnt nuke himself to death)...

maybe the 66% chance to be +1 to wound would be helpfull for 80 points but it doesnt seem compelling.

After fiddling with lists, this is probably the best 'best of both worlds' list I can come up with. Which makes sense because its Nearly clear cut between the two armies.

Fyreslayers are just too spammy to be a good block of forces. I see a lot of lists taking 90 berserkers. And while I love their aesthetic, I don't love their models enough to commit to 90 of the same dudes over and over.

Looking at a Fyreslayer list, it may work for 1000pts, but at 2000 its a big crock of shit. I don't know how people make lists for Fyreslayers without feeling too samey.

I think I'm gonna stick with Dispossessed+Fyreslayer allies or GA: Order and mix the two. That seems the best option to sate my autism.

>I see a lot of lists taking 90 berserkers.
they had to make them really good to move those models off the shelves
And while I love their aesthetic, I don't love their models enough to commit to 90 of the same dudes over and over.
I could see painting 5 as a novelty, maybe 10 if I had a good reason. But anything more than that would be painfull.

Yeah, totally. I don't mind the Auric Hearthguard and the Hearthguard Berserkers as much, theyre far less monopose, and I'd be only taking 15 at max. It's the Vulkites that I just despise. You can't even take a max squad and a hero as allies. Its 10 points too much, exactly.

It's a damn shame because I love how the Fyreslayers work and the fire/magma aesthetic. They just only have 3 damn units. And the other unit comes in 5s at $50 a piece.

That's some horseshit.

>take another look at the Hearthguard sprue
>the bodies are still one fucking pose
Goddamn you GW, what happened to multi-part kits? Just make them snapfits if you're going to asshandle them.

>complaining about sameness when I want to use models from the old dwarf minis
At least they still look good!

How big should a gyrobomber base be?

I really love the new Bloodthirster model and want to jam it into my Mortal Khorne list.

Is it worth it? If so, which variant is best? Should I just go for Skarbrand instead?

The reboxed kit comes with a 50mm base

skarbrand is awesome but only for narrative games, regular thirsters are MUCH better

Fugggggg, I bought 60mm.

Well I have precisely ZERO bloodletters, as I generally don't like khorne demons asides the bloodthirster.

I have a list consisting of blood warriors and other mortals, so I'm not really sure which Bloodthirster is right, I've heard Insensate Rage can be good but Wrath of Khorne has a little bit of shooting, soooo.

regular thirsters can take artefacts, so look at those too and think of which variant you want holding what

I like the aoe RR 1's

2000pt High elf army from WHFB 8th. GW only releases Space Marines and Sigmarines. Haven't burned/sold it yet. Elves getting squatted or not?
>Wat do?

AoS is getting a lot of shit next year.

>Elves getting squatted or not?
No. Don't listen to the shitposters, they will not be squatted. Elves got enough mention in the fluff, and hints at coming story, that a 'squatting' seems very unlikely.

40kunts are just about the most toxic asses I e seen on here, so I’ll repost this here:

Ok, so here me out here. I want to make a slaanesh army but with each unit named. For the unit of daemonettes I’m working on after exams finish, I want to add a very dilute mix of medium and silver metallic (probably runefang) over their skin, and fluff them as “The Lustrious”.
What skin/carapace colour would look good with this effect?

Source on that? I don’t see it being better than this year.

>Elves getting squatted or not?
GW is skeptical when it come to release anything Elf-related.

Hell Blood Bowl got Elf, and they look fucking boring, clearly not a lot of thought was put on it.

You want a pearlescent. You can get some at a hobby store, among the craft paints. Thin it with some medium (lahmium medium if you want), and coat it over the chosen skin color.

As for which color, I would do something like a pallid wych flesh tone tinted with a thinned down purple wash.

WHFB models don’t fit the aesthetic of AOS anyway so it doesn’t matter.

Kinda like this?

Yeah. That plus a pearlescent should give you a sheen that you are looking for.

I really hate this thought, because if I'm gonna start up Dorfs, and they're not the crazy overdesigned Fyreslayers or Overlords, I'm at a bigger risk of being squatted.

What do.

Don't listen to him. Like I said here , several non-battletome factions have gotten enough mentions in fluff to suggest they won't be getting squatted. Perhaps not any updates anytime soon, but I don't see them going the way of bretonians within the next several years at least.

Even after the new stuff is released you'll be demanding sources, in retarded disbelief.

Anything sold with circle bases / new boxes is not getting swatted. Ignore the trolls.

I just have to say, the people in /aosg/ are a lot less douchey than the people in /40kg/. If you mention that you collect an army because it looks cool in a 40k thread, everyone spergs out and calls you a CAACfag (not joking, they actually say CAAC), and tells you not to waste your time.

Why do demons need either rituals or corrupted realmgates to appear in the Mortal Realms then? Warp IS the chaos realm, they should not need it.

Dorfs were packed in one of the Firestorm boxes too, so I guess I shouldn't worry. Why it was two boxes of Ironbreakers though, I dunno.

Quick question, as I'm trying to decide between skink-heavy seraphon and skellyboys:
1) do skinks come with slottabases, or do I have to cut the tabs off like with saurus?
2) skellies are supposed to get a new campaign soon, if i buy the models now, will i get fucked? should i wait and see if they get new models?

You can make irondrakes too though.

Same reason icons and rituals get used instead of teleport homers in 40k. It's a foci for more precise long distance travel in the warp.

Nice blog, now fuck off, retarded CAACfag. No one wants you here.

There's hostile retards anywhere you go. Even here. But I'm glad we could help you.

And this is literally the first time I have seen the term CAAC. You may have just introduced it to the shitposters here. Crap.

>Sigmar is renowned for using a hammer
>All his iconography is based around hammers
>all his troops use hammers
>He actually uses a fucking spear of all things

What in the goddamn?

The colour of big black cocks

I'd recommend watching blacked for references

It's actually a weapon of the stormcast eternal Paladin Protectors. It's called a Stormstrike Glaive.

But the important thing is that hammer depicted in everything of him in the past was the ghal maraz. And that weapon is now in the hands of the Celestant-Prime. He wasn't going to carry a faux ghal maraz just to show off. Also he is a warrior, capable of using just about any weapon. He's probably practicing to get his skill points in glaives up, rather than just rely on hammers all the time.

So his association with hammers is not just with hammers in general, but a hammer more specifically.

For the skellies, it is extremely likely they will always be needed and you should be safe starting to buy them now, because of the campaign gets to them, you will already have a start

>be me
>get into Warhammer because of the Total War game
>wants to try tabletop
>45 dollars for 3 Vargheists
>88 dollars for 5 Bloodknights

Are you guys all upper management or something? How the hell did anyone get into this? ;_;

As someone who hasn't paid any attention to Warhammer Fantasy outside the roleplaying game and knows nothing about Age Of Sigmar, is it safe to say that AoS is just an attempt to turn Fantasy into 40K?

Because judging solely by that image it seems like GW has just turned Sigmar into The Emperor and gave him Space Marines

I buy chinaman Blood Knights

yes

Mighty Battles outright states that the realms are in real space you fucking mongoloid.

>is it safe to say that AoS is just an attempt to turn Fantasy into 40K?
no but I can see why you might think that. Stormcast have great potential to be interesting but their aesthetics and initial lore really were very shit. They are made from fallen mortal heroes and they retain the memories and personalities of their past lives. They have a huge potential for customization and personality but for some reason the official models show them as boring ass factory made fantasy space marines. It is a real shame.

No it's not bad. Maybe the realm gates were quite meh but the fluff as it is is good (specially for a two years old setting).

>is it safe to say that AoS is just an attempt to turn Fantasy into 40K?
No.

No.

Take a look into shit like spear of shadows or plague garden. Then decide

Convert the Dragon Blades into Blood Knights

And the word "convert" isn't even needed here, just paint them accordingly as pic related

While we're at it. Why are cavalry so overpriced anyway? Take the ironjaw pigriders for example. 67 yurobuks for 3 minis and the only saving grace is that they are in the start collecting box.

>No.

>God-king uplifts legions of bulky superhuman warriors with the best weapons and armours to launch a great crusade with the intention of liberating long lost lands dispersed far and wide in the vastness of the mortal realms

Is that allowed? 28 bucks isn't as bad, but still... you'd think in the age of 3d printing, prices would have come down and the game become more popular.

Also Vargs and the rest of the VC roster seems pricey. Ish. I'm autistic enough I would do it if I had friends to play with me, but I could never convince anyone I know to shell out so much for army pieces.

at least they play Heroscape and MtG with me[/spoilers]

they were a kirby era kit and everything from the kirby era is a totally batshit price with no rhyme or reason to any of it