3-Way Games edition

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Dunkan
youtube.com/watch?v=ivwsROu7xEs [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting! docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554
>Codex Blood Angels PDF Expires 16-Dec
sendit.cloud/bqk6c7c548ue
>epub
mega.nz/#!ZotmFSpK!_ahEZ21p3hVCHwQ9u5vD5YQOjVpJWYOH4Cl7jhJeNo8

First for no non-Primaris or Chaos releases ever.

Here's hoping

Noooooooo

What the fuck is he shooting at ?

BS 5+

How about 4-way free for all games?

i'd like to add 500 points of sisters as an adjunct to a space marine army. what's the most effective addition a sisters detachment can provide?

We actually did that once and it was a riot. Basic rule was that you got to choose 1 enemy to psyker/shoot/attack against each turn.

I asked in wip and got no reply. How's this for a method of painting black power armour:

>abbadon black
>administratum grey highlights
>all over wash with nuln oil
>touch up extreme highlights with administratum grey again

Will this look alright or will I need a lighter grey?

Boltguns and bodies

I laughed harder at that than I should have

Yeeessss

canon fodder

first for FUCK THE AM! IG FOR LIFE

Blood Angel Dreadnoughts good or no

The real question is why the Commissar and the ork are having a staring contest while both try and kill the tau with their other hand.

How many of you whore-sons are using special characters instead of making your own?

What kind of mileage have you any one gotten from the telethesia discipline? I'm not playing a horde, so mental fortitude seems bad, but idk about the other two

administratum might be too much
try eshin/darkreaper with administratum at the sharpest points?

Sounds fun. I played one today with just a basic "everyone takes a turn in order and then we roll" setup but it was quite fun too.

>Implying anyone here actually plays instead of just shitposting

celestine
10 bolter bitches
10 seraphim

I'll be honest, I've themed my DG army on Typhus' company. It's all zombies and terminators.

About 14 posts too late there, user

too much what?

I figure with the nuln oil it will darken quite a lot. The touch up should brighten the parts I need, but I've never bought greys before (always mixed my own).

contrast
it'd stand out a lot

Vallejo Dark Sea Green is the best not black black base ever.
>vallejo dark sea green
>administratum grey hl
>extreme hl (lighter grey)
>nuln oil wash
done

goddamned shitty internet

SAVE ME CHAIRMAN PAI

>Undercoating by hand

are you supposed to varnish texture paints?

Nyet! You make your own dudes.

So what’s wrong with building fluffy lists if I don’t expect to win, but rather show off my work?

Out of curiosity, what's the hot netlist now that Chapter Approved has settled? My local meta is really casual and I don't get a sense of the meta at large.

>priming beforehand goes without saying

Absolute newbie to 40k here (Game wise, been an observer for a while)

I've considered getting a Space Marine army and painting them as pre-heresy Alpha legion, but before I invest any time and money I wanted to ask:

1) Is this a stupid idea
2) What units should I pick that are the most effective without wasting gobs of money
3) Are there any issues rules wise of making your army a pre-heresy legion?

Does using 30k ahrimahn as a generic CSM sorcerer count? Otherwise, all my HQs are generic but converted, some heavily.

Nothing is wrong with fluffy lists, user.

Every bastard with a special character, 12 assassin, soup list can go straight to hell.

If I ever ran ultramarines, I'd think about running telion for my scouts, but since I refuse, I've yet to ever run named characters. Probably never will. Making your dudes yours is the best

Just paint them however you want and use the Raven Guard chapter tactic (it's identical to Alpha Legion).

prove me wrong
>protip: you cant

>I'm shit and have trouble with average lists

1) Not all all.
2) buy betrayal at calth for a decent starter set (1 chaplain, 1 terminator HQ, 30 marines, 5 termis, 1 contemptor dreadnought), then add predators for anti-tank.
3) color scheme doesn't really matter nor would having them be pre-heresy, most people don't end up painting their whole armies anyways. If someone tries to sperg out about it, it's going to be more proof that that person probably isn't worth playing

So there's actually an entire sub-game dedicated to pre-heresy and Heresy-era stuff, called The Horus Heresy, or colloquially, "30k" and Forge World makes it. They also sell armor marks from before the heresy, so you could make pre-heresy Alpha Legion in the right armor.

You could run them with the current Space Marines rules(as Raven Guard) or run them with the Chaos codex.

The issue is, at the moment, 30k hasn't been updated to 8th edition. Also, this is very expensive.

>Is this a stupid idea
Aside from buying into 40k in the first place, it seems fine

>What units should I pick
Are you playing Chaos or regular Marines?
Either way, Plasma Guns are strong. Take Plasmaguns.

>Rules issues
Not really. Fluff-wise it might not quite make sense (why is a pre-heresy army fighting Tau, for example) but that can just be waved away as warp fuckery.

As said, use them as Raven Guard if you want to play Marines, or Alpha Legion if you're playing CSM

Which codex will you be using

I just noticed, are the heads on the stick tiny or what?
Looks like he couldn't actually kill a thing and just impaled plushies

Scouts worth taking with anything but bolters?

>Play Iron Hands
>lose every game while not being able to scratch my opponent
Am i playing wrong or are bolters complete shit?

I also have a dark eldar list for if someone wants a real game. My scourges and ravager always make sure I can at least put up SOME fight

Scout snipers aren't efficient at removing characters.

Melee scouts aren't good enough in melee.

Shotguns are statistically worse than bolters against pretty much all targets.

So no.

Anyone got any Nurgle reaction images?

There hasn't been any major tournaments with CA in effect, but current top speculated lists are:
>Guilliman + Fire Raptors + some guard/imperial shit
>Magnus + Mort + Knight + some filler
>Over 9000 Dark Reapers
>Tyranid shit: Biovores + jeanstealers + hive tyrants + like half their codex...
>typical OP guard shit... Primaris psykers still too cheap, cheap infantry is still king, access to allies (i.e that celestine cunt)...
>ork wierdboy spam

Post your list. Chances are you are playing and building wrong. Bolters are okay.

What about BA scouts?

In my opinion bolters are point for point the worst weapon in the game. The primaris bolt rifle should have been the standard bolter profile.

my thousand sons are fluffed as magnus and ahriman cooperating, so....yeah.

You can also convert the chaplain from that kit into a captain/lieutenant very easily too

I mainly use 3 tac squads and a captain with the axe of medusa.
I also use two dev squads and 3 razorbacks with assault cannons.

Scouts are for filling in troop slots and cheap screens. Getting any weapons on things that are supposed to die first is a bad idea.

Yah, but that quadra-crovius thing is bitchin'

What are your devs packing?

Don't worry user, when GW finally mans up and admit old marines are no longer the standard marines they will be.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I was planning on running 8e, as someone I know who plays the game says it's a lot more simplified.

I actually have been looking into the FW Alpha Legion conversion kits. They look awesome, but the price is a bit high at the moment.

I was going to do regular marines, but would it be easier to pick CSM?

I've heard about 30k. Looks fun, but damn there are lots of crazy ass vehicles. Also expensive as fuck.

Oddly enough, for fluff I was jokingly considering just saying they're Alpha Legion who didn't get the memo they were traitors, and got caught in the warp for a while (because the warp can just ex machina whatever the fuck you want so it seems)

4 lascannons in one squad and 4 missile launchers in the other.

Agreed. I clipped the bottom half of the pimp stick and the spike on top and just run it as a power maul.

Doesn't sound like a stupid idea at all first off. Second of all, if your looking for models on the cheap, hit up eBay. Also, if you want some heresy era armor for your legionares, take at look at the betrayal at calth set. It saves you like 60 ameribucks than if you were to get everything separately

Double down on las, or go plasma instead - you have enough anti-infantry already

Replace all tactical squads with scouts.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money hit up the Chinese.

the heads look extraordinarily tiny

>Orks are a shooting race!
Always gets me.

zog you!

my grot gunline is the best!

>not making your own kitted out dudes with the same wargear and using the special character rules

About four, I think.

whered you get that chappies skull?

The one true answer

I'm running Magnus and Typhus in my Alpha Legion army and you can't stop me.

What special character rules?

>not enjoying making themed armies around interesting characters from the fluff
Why do you hate fun?

The defilers is a retry strong, undercosted unit this edition.

You kind of have to build your list around them, but they have some good combos etc.

2 defilers with twin lascanon, battlecannon and havoc launcher backed up by a chaos lord and sorcerer with prescience and warp time, isn't a crazy investment. About 600 pts.

You cast prescience on one and keep the Lord nearby, he now has 2 lascannon shots D6 battlecannon shots and D6 havoc launcher shots all hitting on 3's rerolling 1's.

Use the daemons stratagem on the other one and he's hitting on 4's with straight rerolls to hit and wound.

14W a piece at T7 with a 3+/5++ and regenning a wound every turn.

These things are pretty burly and hit at St16 in close combat, wounding just about everything ijln the ge on 2's. This makes the defiler a lot better at fending off assaults.

Anyone else had similar experience with the defiler this edition. I play iron warriors which helps a lot since I also ignore cover.

Heavy Bolters. Autocannons are for schmucks.

I.e making a terminator with a th/ss, then pricing and playing him as Lysander with rules and statline that come with it.

What is that a book?

I'll ask again for more opinions:
On 2x 5man Havocs should I go with all Heavy Bolters or all Autocannons?

New to playing Nids, I picked up a cheap second hand army on eBay. Can anyone tell me what this is?

It's a broken terrain piece idiot.

Autocannons suck mate stop spamming your question just because you don't like the consistent answers

That's what I thought, thanks

Looks like a spawning pool or something. It's more for terrain, and it looks like it's broken. Still, looks cool.

It's a piece of terrain that came with the 4th edition starter set.

Keked

>I play iron warriors which helps a lot since I also ignore cover.
Doesn't work on defilers.

As to the rest of what you've wrote, basically you are just making a shit unit slightly better. All those buffs and support could have been given to a non-shit unit for better results. I'm sure your opponents are happy to see that pile of trash on the table though.

But I do like them, I've already bought 8 Heavy Bolters bits, I just make sure before I end up sticking them up my havocs.

Don't listen to the rest of those retarded CAACfags. Autocannons got a price cut in CA and are well worth using now. That said, if you list is weak on anti-horde take more heavy bolters.

>warp hijinks
Totally go for it dude. I was working on a alpha legion company that entered the warp at the start of the heresy, still under the impression they were
the good guys pretending to be the bad guys, and completely flipped shit when they came out
>damnit guys, grandfather had an entire crusade to get rid of religion

My entire army is converted, im using Glart Smashrip on a robot rat thing i threw together as Cawl

Half and half might be a safe bet. Hb for lightly amoured threats, autos for helping give sturdier targets a bloody nose.