"why are you playing as boring humans in a fantasy ttrpg? You can play as anyone else!"

>"why are you playing as boring humans in a fantasy ttrpg? You can play as anyone else!"
>the person who said that proceeds to play as an elf

k

Huh, it's almost like they wanted to play an actual character and didn't need to be some retarded half-dragon, half-angel, half-vampire special snowflake to be "interesting" so they just stuck to normal humans and then the nearest thing when you whined and tried to make them switch.

>Eternally laughing in his salad.

>reading comprehension

>inb4 quests died for this

Is it odd that I enjoy roleplaying as rather bland human characters?
I get a lot of enjoyment out of playing generic rank-and-file soldiers. There is something satisfying about being a regular guy in a world filled with magic, monsters, and various incredible races.

No, it's not. Some people enjoy playing an average joe. Some people like being special. And as it is traditional in RPGs, neither will stop as long as the other still lives

But being special is bad

Being anything is bad

I know you're just making a joke, but thos post still angers me

>t. rainbow-scaled sparkledog/dragonborn/tiefling racemix

Shove shit-covered cactus in your urethra and die of sepsis, you subhuman SJW trash.

Topkek, I don't mind threads but, dear god, I love the salt.

What's with the pointless hostility? That belongs to /v/ not here.

Just unfunny fags being unfunny fags.

>he thinks Veeky Forums is his personal hugbox
Fuck off to neogaff or some other shithole you came out of, and take your nigger friends with you

Worse, people will think like humans while playing non-human.

nigger

Chink

This is basically nu/tg/'s though process, though. Nothing is good and everything is cringe or SJW or just generally bad. Enjoying things is for fags and reddit, and cool kids don't ever like anything

speak for yourself

How to spot an Autist in just one sentence

>it's a "my preference for playing mundane characters makes me an embattled intellectual" episode

The best part of this meme is seeing people who hate quest threads using it correctly.

Not at all, some of my favorite characters where average members of their society forced in extraordinary situations.

>dwarf fighter veteran from the Menzoberranzan-Mitral Hall war who went in apprenticeship to learn magic from our wizard PC because he was impressed by Drizzt and friends use of magic.

>halfling outrider charged by the caravan's elder to find missing memebers of the community.

>human skald wandering the southlands, reciting poems of battles and fallen kingdoms.

THE WOOKIE RULE DICTATES THAT THERE BE ONE HUMAN TO GROUP OF NONHUMANS OR ONE NONHUMAN TO GROUP OF HUMANS.

This is only SLIGHTLY negotiable when you bring up robots.