New player joins group

>New player joins group
>wants to play female elf bard because cute idol singer or some shit
>say that's fine
>first session new player is in
>"You guys see a filthy knife-ear tied up in the town stocks being raped to death."
>It's her character
>she leaves the table crying, never to be seen again

Honestly, what was she expecting, joining a male hobby?

So did you guys joing the gang bang or just leave?

Troll threads have gotten lazy as of late.

ya
OP if you're gonna shitpost, put more effort into it

It's a good feeling, seeing your shtpost taking root.

I actually giggled at that. I'm pretty sure something's wrong with me.

>New player joins group
>say that's fine
>"You guys see a filthy knife-ear tied up in the town stocks being raped to death."
>It's her character
>she leaves the table crying, never to be seen again
>dicks rise as I establish myself as the top faggot
>bend over the gaming table
>get fucked by every player

Of course they have. Why bother with putting effort into them when it's gonna be the same shitfight anyway?

Remember that we killed quest threads for this, folks!

>Remember that we killed quest threads for this, folks!
You cheeky fuck.

yeah, this is better, this is bait with a bit more teeth.

Why are you shitposting about quests?
Why don't you go to /qst/ so you can be free of shitposting and browse a variety of quest threads?

a bold strategy pulling out the large bait after the small

I do think it's the way to go. If you start a thread with the biggest bait, it might get shot down immediately because of over saturation of such threads. A lead in bait is probably a good idea, although it would have to be of higher quality than the one in this thread as to not tip off everybody immediately.

Because /qst/ was designed from the get-go to be a dead board to tell people to fuck off to rather than a place for quests, and it's way more fun annoying the shit out of the people who ruined my fun than it is going there?

Thanks, folks!

>designed from the get-go to be a dead board
user, quit being such a silly goose. Why would you take the gift of a new board as a death sentence?

>Because /qst/ was designed from the get-go to be a dead board to tell people to fuck off to rather than a place for quests

this is the BIG GUN. You put out a statement that refers to something actual, so that people stop for a second and consider it. Only the statement it makes about that thing only has the form of an argument, but no actual premises. It's just a conclusion.

Now the reader, having been presented with something he has a basic grasp on, and being bewildered by the conclusion will try to argue against it - but since there are no actual premises or logical moves to attack, they can only deny the conclusion, thereby feeding the troll in a "nuh-uh" and "uh-huh" kinda discussion.

Pretty sophisticated bait.

When you split an online community, a large chunk of that community fucks off to greener pastures. This has been true since goddamn Usenet. Moreover, boards with an overly narrow focus have been tried before-- Or is /po/ a successful board to you?

the population of /po/ seems about representative of what you'd expect origami discussion to be on Veeky Forums.

>New player joins group
>say that's fine
>It's her character
>she punches me right in my greasy face
>my lard ass tumbles backwards out of the chair
>she continues to beat me up while I cry like a little bitch
>pours her drink on my curled up fetal-position body
>she leaves
>everyone else leaves too
>nobody shows up again next week

Honestly, what were they expecting, calling my game a "gay neckbeard sausagefest" and telling me to let girls play?

He's not wrong, though. It's essentially a hospice so questfags can let their passtime die in relative peace rather than a place they can flourish. And say what you will about quests they were far, far more related to tabletop and roleplaying than the sjw/pol wars and constant shitposts that have replaced them

>Why are you shitposting about quests?
It's a good use of a bait thread. Aside from Veeky Forums's mod and five or six shitposters, everyone else on this board preferred Veeky Forums when we only had to follow the global rules and we were allowed to make fun threads without constantly being banned for "not muh teej".

Yeah you get /vp/ and /mlp/ an- oh wait, containment boards are great

they have NOT replaced them, they've been going on back then too. Pretty sure that hermaphrodite elf god came out when quests were still filling up tg.

But if quests can't survive outside of Veeky Forums, they're just not fit for survival. If 'designing a place for them to die' is the same as getting them off a board meant for discussion I don't see how that hysterical poster can distinguish malice from a germ getting into the most fragile immune system ever.

Veeky Forums also only gets a lot of traffic.

>But if quests can't survive outside of Veeky Forums, they're just not fit for survival.

It's more that quest threads were something that people did on Veeky Forums while browsing Veeky Forums. Splitting them off into a new board was a bad decision because they were only popular due to being on Veeky Forums and getting seen by people who were here because they were interested in RPGs in general. Very few questfags are interested in "quest threads in general"; they're only interested in the subject of one or two specific quests.

Imagine if hiro made a brand-new board and said that all VtM threads had to go there. The number of people who would post on this new VtM-specific board would be much less than the number of people who post in VtM threads on Veeky Forums. Would you take this to mean that VtM isn't popular on Veeky Forums anymore?