Is Africa the ultimate fantasy setting?

Is Africa the ultimate fantasy setting?

>an exotic land far away from the normal world
>technology remains antiquated from a long time ago
>is inhabited by a race different from humans
>there are beasts not seen on your land, which you can try to fight, although they are powerful
>there are bands of warriors roaming the land, wizards, some priests...
>there are plenty of locations to search for treasures, like pyramids, diamond mines, treasury of Nigerian princes.
>easy access to weapons, armors, vehicles...
>you can go solo, join a mercenary gang, or become the liege of some warlord an eventually become a warlord yourself
>all along the place are scatterred ruins that tell of a once glorious past (Egyptian Empire, European colonization)
>strange ailments, like malaria or AIDS
>variety of civilizations, each one with a particular gimmick
>variety of sceneries

So why don't we take the Junglepill and go to Africa?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/PKFJzHfA
youtube.com/watch?v=ipn5rSQ2PY4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I am now wondering if there ever was a hunter so skilled, he could kill a rhino by himself, with no hax like ranged weapons or traps.

pastebin.com/PKFJzHfA
>African Fantasy Tips

>treasury of Nigerian princes.
I chuckled have a bump

>technology remains antiquated from a long time ago
Nigga, while they're mostly poor, technology is still accessible for middle class there

Had an anthropology teacher that spent a few years studying a Hunter/Gather tribe and apparently they absolutely Fucking love cell phones

watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=ipn5rSQ2PY4

People hunted in groups, they rarely hunted alone

To be honest I feel like "3rd world shithole" is a far too underutilized setting.
The only series I can think of, outside of movies, that uses it is Farcry, and even then only 3 of them do, 1 is about a PMC doing PMC things on an island, primal is prehistoric, not 3rd world, and the new one is going to take place in the US.
I just want my comfy series where I'm in a shithole, and that isn't just the universal state of the world because of an apocalypse or excessive cyka blyat iv damke.

Stalker is kind of like that.

You have to go back.

The UN said "no fun allowed".

That's "2nd world shitheap". Similar, but different in crucial ways.

If the French can get away with raping and prostituting the locals, so can PCs

Once you go black, you don't go back.

You'd have a point, but doesn't Stalker take place in an irradiated land stuffed with mutants and drunk belligerents with AK47s, but unlike the rest of Russia also has anomalies?

I mean, I imagine it makes it easy to herd cows when you can call your bro on the cell and let them know where you are. That said, I love the stark contrast of a tribal people in their normal garb with cell phones and AKs

>Is Africa the ultimate fantasy setting?

Well, it's full of niggers, so no.

>So why don't we take the Junglepill and go to Africa?
There's no way to do that without legions of white idiots looking for reasons to get offended on black peoples' behalf.

>the UN empire just adds more flavor to the setting

This. I could fill a game with 100% true facts about African cultures, and people would find it offensive and go #notall in my face. Reality is racist.

>is inhabited by a race different from humans
>he said, pointing at the generally accepted cradle of Homo sapiens sapiens

>technology antiquated
Lol no. If you ever even seen the Congo or subsaharan African nations you would know that the only tribes that don't have access to firearms and clothing are those in fiercely guarded preserves.

The key is not to fall for either side's memes. You gotta show the good, the bad, and the ugly, and let the players reach their own conclusions. If they decide they like these people, that's on them. If they decide they want to wipe them all out, that's also on them. As long as you present enough nuance, nobody can accuse you of slanting the game/setting either way.

Search up Sakawa boys. Literally people who scam for a living and they live like the upper class of their nation.

It's not exactly an isolated phenomenon. People will adopt what technologies they find useful and disregard those they see no need for. Using advanced technology as a toy, or just for the sake of it, rather than to solve a problem is actually kind of weird to most people.

Doesn't Just Cause too?