Storm edition!

>To make cards, download MSE for free from here:
magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
>OR
>Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here:
mtg.design/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Color Pie mechanics
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/mechanical-color-pie-2017-2017-06-05

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Primer: NWO and Redflagging
mtgsalvation.com/forums/community-forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/578926-primer-nwo-redflagging

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT:

Other urls found in this thread:

scryfall.com/search?as=&order=&q=(o:+1/-1 o:-1/+1)
whiskypaint.deviantart.com/art/Elenita-commission-480995269
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Meiling doesn't have a lot of material to make stuff with, so I went with something that could be interpreted as martial arts. And I generally try to keep touhou cards somewhat equivalent to what they are in the games, so Meiling (being average) doesn't get to survive a bolt without assistance.
For colour, I went with what works for the ability I chose, and the morphling-pump is solidly monoU, see
scryfall.com/search?as=&order=&q=(o:+1/-1 o:-1/+1)
So I have to say I don't your Youmu, because A) the activated ability is blue and B) Youmu never actually uses her ghost half as a clone in-game (maybe I'm forgetting some StB card here).

I'm not sure you understand how MtG works.

Old idea I had a while ago, might as well try it again. Based on the Devil May Cry series, where you played a human-devil hybrid named Dante. Through combat, you could build up your Devil Trigger bar, which would then allow you to transform into a stronger version of Dante, but it would only last until the bar depleted.

I honestly don't think the people working on DMC series actually know what the difference between "demon" and "devil" is, since it's a Japanese series and they use the terms interchangeably. But for the sake of consistency I'll just refer to them as Devils.

Seems pretty cool.

Has anyone here ever thought of making their own card game? Because honestly, I've been thinking about it recently.

Ive thought about it in the sense of wishing there was a game that had certain pieces from other games mixed together. But I think you need a hook which is not something Ive ever thought of, a creative image which is a pretty tough niche to carve, especially one as high quality as some existing games, and honestly theres always the pervasive feeling of not being better than, say, Magic to begin with. Some stuff people take issue with, like the lands, have so many small cumulative benefits that its really hard to say without tona of testing that its really "better". And some benefits of lands, like the customization they offer (such as matching basics, using only white border lands, or having lands that fit a theme) for people interested, is something that really only comes from history, so even testing doesnt reveal that kind of thing.

I remember trying a teeak of Pokemon TCG where you put evolutions in an extra deck, and could evolve after putting certain amounts of energy. I never thought that I would legit find something objectively boring, but there it was.

we've had a few people in and out of these threads over the years ask us for advice on frame design and layout, but usually they wander off afterwards because i guess they think we wouldn't be able to help them with design much, which is likely true since we're mostly MtG-oriented. I can't recall anyone sticking around for the whole process, but I know people on this board as a whole have done so before.

i dont rly

Still messing around with this.

Seems pretty meh.

I feel if you want an untap theme card, it should be in UG or bant. It just tends that those colors have more Tap effects that matter, while UW often has more ETB effects that matter.
This current theme doesn't really fit a "name of all" well either from a flavor direction as it feels much more of a reinvigorating theme with untapping.

You might want to try a more extreme Conjurer's Closet style card.

This would be the weirdest card to have

>As Running On Empty enters the battlefield, exile all lands you control.
>If an opponent controls no lands, you lose the game.
>You can't play lands.
>At the beginning of your upkeep, exile all lands you control. Then gain control of a target land from each opponent. Exile those lands at the end of turn.

Not even sure what the hell you could do with that unless you had a way to get rid of it and already had a huge board presence.

As an example "Empty the Warrens" is "Dragon Fodder" with storm, it costs (2) more and both are common.
Your card is "Act of Treason" with storm, so I suggest common rarity and cost (4)(R)

WU can do an untap theme together. It depends on the set. White shared an untap theme with green in Amonkhet to enable Exert. It could share it with blue as well

Most people ise "demon" and "devil" interchangeably. Even different WOTC products use litrrally alternated mesnings for demon and devil in two different products.

I actually think is kind of boring, but the core concept (build up, limit break, turn back) seems cool. Im not sure the optimal way to execute. Maybe make the Devil Trigger form more limited, like only one turn, but pack a lot of cool stuff on it somehow, and simplify the front? Or maybe make it like transformer Chandra and have counters gained scale on damage dealt versus combat damage?

I wish there were a better way to word this.

>make it like transformer Chandra and have counters gained scale on damage dealt versus combat damage?
I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Could also do +1/+1 counters instead so you can keep "feeding" it to maintain the transformation. Might play better too.

"Creatures untapped this way gain haste until end of turn"?

Have a terrible card. The idea kinda popped into my head when I stumbled across the old "Dat Ass" artifact card.

>Each creature you gain control of this way gains haste until end of turn

Rate my spicy edh tech, if you like pls subscribe

Would be better if it only cared about noncreature spells. Prowess was tertiary in White so it'd be fine.

Was gonna day this is undercosted but actually I guess its not comparing Spikeshot Elder.
Prowess cards where the p/t matters is a relatively unmined space I really like.

Sauce on that pic my dude

I NEED IT

Overload is an Izzet mechanic, so idk if this is allowed on green black and white

I think its technically not, but I think word replacing is so rare (I think its actually only in blue, and maybe red now just because of overload, and it feels super black to me) it can apply where it matters imo. Presumably this wouldnt be in high amounts. Overload doesnt break anything for any color I don't think. If they wanted an Overload cycle in a commander set I could see it since it scaled notably well in multiplayer.

>W
Just use exile.

>B
WTF?

>R
Not bad.

>G
Buh-roken.

Goddamn I love TinEye.

whiskypaint.deviantart.com/art/Elenita-commission-480995269

Bleh.