What's the natural effect of having high CHA?

What's the natural effect of having high CHA?

I believe my DM may be on shipping lens since wherever I go people seem attracted to him, but I was told that was just because of his natural very high CHA. Is this really how it works?

People are more inclined to believe you/do you favors and listen to your words, if you have high charisma.

But would it affect attraction without my character input (like roll to seduce)?

Is charisma the new meme or something?

If it is, then it's better than the old meme.

Depends. It could, in some cases.

this annoys me because that's not how modifiers work
it should be;
4-5, 6-7, 8-9. 10-11, 12-13, 14-15, 16-17, 18-19, 20+

D&D Charisma is basically magic. It does whatever the DM thinks it does, don't bother questioning it.

Lack of a better term, a naturally high Charisma comes with a presence of sorts.

Something in how you walk, how you talk, how you carry yourself impacts people.

Charisma also symbolizes appearance, correct?

It's so you can make an effort persuading someone in character with well-reasoned logic, and then fail because you rolled a 4 and D&D players can only think in numbers.

I'm convinced my friend has a high charisma stat IRL. He's passed a speech check for getting pulled over by a cop WHILE drinking a beer, and got away with no ticket or anything.

Another time my other friend was too fucked uo and about to be kicked out of a club. Buddy just walks up to the bouncers, asks to talk to the manager, and convinces the fucking manager to let us all stay.

Either high charisma or a horse shoe up his ass.

Not exactly.
I dont know if it was Shadowrun that described Charisma as "It's not entirely about your appearance, but it's also not entirely NOT about your appearance"
Conventional beauty can be taken in account for charisma if you want and it's a pretty common read. However, I think it's more about mannerisms and presentation as well as confidence and speech skills rather than simply your looks. Looks are subjective, manners and confidence are universal tools.

No. It has a BIT of it, but charisma is almost completely unrelated to appearance.

It depends on the character.
Charisma just means that the character can leave an impression.
If that's because they know how to tell jokes really well or because of their stare runs shivers down your spine is up in the air. It may even mean the barmaids voluptuous form.

does a person you can't see have less/no charisma?
does a brain-dead person with a hot body have charisma?

Charles Manson convinced people to murder by saying "you know what to do"

charisma is a powerful tool

You can really tell by the way he walks he's a woman's man, and has no time to talk

>does a brain-dead person with a hot body have charisma?
Yes.

how? Charisma is a mental stat. How can you have a mental stat without a mind?

Well maybe? Its a mental stat and getting a CHA damaged or drain shouldn't fuck your appearance up immediately. Also remember that Liches and Aboleths are notably high CHA creatures (in fact a lot of sentient undead are sense CHA replaces CON for a lot of things) and they're not exactly sex symbols.

>not having a lich waifu

>charisma
>having anything to do with appearance

>charisma measures a character’s force of personality, persuasiveness, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness.

>The party sorcerer casts magic jar on a dog.
>He uses his mental stats in the dog's body.
>"W-why is that dog so sexy?"

That's dumb.

>not having a dog waifu

Ask Buck. I hear he likes to fuck.

Sex, and lots of it. That's the purpose of Charisma in the real world.

Yes, for those inclined to such.