Previous thread
Free Fan Resources
yaktribe.games/community/vault/categories/necromunda.2/

Old Books (as in fluff, BL novels)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Actual old Necromunda rulebooks:
mega.nz/#F!oTREUCDZ!Ne5yp0H0ETOlNqd-uwOg2g

New Resources
necromunda.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2017/11/ENG_Necromunda_Gangs_Of_Legend_Download.pdf
necromunda.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2017/10/Necro_Roster_ENG.pdf

New Reference Sheet
necromunda.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2017/10/Necro_Ref_ENG.pdf

Underhive and Gangwar 1, kindly donated by Binderanon and a hitherto unnamed user (there's also a preview of Gang War 2 in there):
mega.nz/#F!F7AyAYTY!h9RuJLvAHUA8WC4hQEwIcw

Spyrer Rules
mega.nz/#!ZywQBaib!oyHd3iff2FiWdW1waU8WiEyO2J-Fnrf_nXS5gpk2phk

TIC TAC Cards
mega.nz/#!F6ASgBhI!Ae1nEzGl4KVC4cgG8QQZhhxiBIBxmfoq2t4ArpQJ1DI

Other urls found in this thread:

statuesqueminiatures.co.uk/c/4421217/1/sci-fi.html
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/27/forge-world-preview-hive-scum/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anyone tried the blood bowl Elve team head on Escher? They look like they might be the same size.

Should the general have the work-in-progress rules that the anons are making?

I tried to add all the mega links in the thread,did I miss a wip gang?

I meant more that they should say something like "Spyrer Rules (Made by user for Necromunda 2017)"

ahh, sry

Well at least we're not going to have the WAAC or no fun allowed discussion again in this thread

Wait for it.

It was going well until you bring that up.

Let's instead have a meta discussion about discussing the discussion.

Seriously though I'm looking forward to getting a proper campaign going, need to find another person or two so we'd have 5 players atleast.

Having fun is WAAC and I won't play you if your gang is fun.

Why not run it and add players as you go? I'm sure the campaign rules can handle it.

Yeah, they're explicitely meant not to be balanced around team experience, it even states that in the book at some point. Best point to introduce new players is between turf wars, but theoretically you can do it at any point in the campaign.

There's really no reason not to. Gangs are sufficiently likely to be in a state of perpetual fucked-upness that a fresh gang should be pretty much fine.

Or they ended up with champions fill half of the roster and each of them have 2,3 skills

It's not really hard to help new team catching up to big team : hired gun, extra card, or even "borrow/hire" a ganger from other team.

You can even have the owner of the hired ganger take control of their character, and either gain xp but get injured, or gain no xp but won't get injured.

>Or they ended up with champions fill half of the roster and each of them have 2,3 skills
This would only happen really late in a campaign.

>TFW Orlock leader have 4+ Ld, 5+ Cl, 5+Wil, and 5+ Int and 3 fucking wound.

Literally boss.

>champions fill half of the roster and each of them have 2,3 skills
>would take fucking ages
1 game, on average 1xp per ganger
even if the stars align, triple mentor, requires at least three games
stop taking drugs user, leave that to the other gangs

That was exaggerating, become champion didn't really matter much for anyone but Juves. Having Champ/leader with 2-3 skills is the problem. Having them equip with extra gear is the problem.

For example, a starting Escher gang are pretty fucked when face off again a gang that have a few game head and are well equipped with respirator, the advantage of their gas weapon to cripple the enemy economy early is greatly diminished.

>yfw it's another fucking misprint

Nope, but thanks to the collar on the bodies I'm sure any GW sized head will fit with no/minimal need for filling.

They need to get their shit in order.

I tried harlequin head and they're bigger than Escher head, definitely won't look good on the body.

Escher hand is also about 30% bigger than Harlequin hand.

I only ask because it look like same person design the kit, but they make sure that the face and the hair from both kit will be absolutely not compatible by making the ear stuck on different side for each kit.

I need more masked face for all the ganger.

Someone had the same idea as you, but they sculpted something using green stuff instead.

I swear I saw a conversion using a harlequin head. Will dig it up, see how it looks.

Here we go. Assuming that's a harlequin head it looks fine?

bro just let starting gangs purchase from the Trading Post. If that's not enough, let other gangs hire out gang members to the noobs for a slice of the reward

To get two/three skills on a champion/leader is at least 9/18xp if selecting the skill. How you gonna get 9/18xp so quickly user?

stop hypothesising and STEP UP

Look like he put the oversized mask onto the head.

Shaved it down? That might be the way to go, though that'll certainly be a pain to do for a whole gang.

>How you gonna get 9/18xp so quickly user?

Taking 1 out of action give 1 xp, taking champion give 1, pass a mission get 1.

It's very possible for Champion/Leader to get 6/9 xp after 2, 3 game.

Has anyone made an Escher gang for Underhive (non-Gang War, 1500 creds, etc) that is better kitted for fighting in the tunnels?

6 is bollocks user, oh shit I rolled Gunfighter on my Grenade Launcher champion.

9xp, multiples of 9. That's the money.

The quickest way Autism warning is:
One Van Saar Leader with Mentor
Two Van Saar Champions with Mentor
Playing Sabotage (attacker)
2 xp for taking part
2 xp for taking someone out of action
2 xp for taking a champion out of action
10xp for destroying one target
2 xp for rallying
2 xp for victory

So in short, with a liberal RAW use of Mentor, sure it's possible, but then why the fu k are you letting the noob play against me?

Arguably mentor wouldn't increase the xp gained for taking part in a mission, since that happens post-game and no models are in 6" of the model with mentor.

Thanks for that.

So in short, vet your players like you're building an rpg group. It's the least painful way, otherwise actual autists like myself will ruin your Necromunda campaign

I don't think that's even a matter of argument, models not present on a table can't claim to benefit from distance based abilities.

Champion cannot start with Mentor. Pretty sure this applied to all gang.

Mentor check for each point of XP gains, so if you take out a Champ/Leader you can get up to 4 xp.

On the other note, it would take "xp" + 2 for Champ/Leader to get their advanement because of the advancement rue, which lead to some hillarious shit in the book

>A champ/leader start with 1 advancement (+skill).

>An advancement cost is (number of advancement the ganger had) x2 + cost.

But in the example

>A champion with an advancement that +1 I, now need 7xp to give +1' mov.

Wait shouldn't that cost 9xp now?

Thank you. Now that the matter of "oh no, the new guy is joining late and will get fucked because his Eschers took Toxic weapons" has been solved can we get onto the matter of optimising a Goliath Gang with four Grenade Launchers please?

so has the game died yet or do people actually like it

>Cheap Boltgun

>Cheap Power Sword.

>Cheap plasma.

>Cheap Grenade.

>Gun fighter.

They got everything they need. got another box if you want more than 10 body, which very possible. or get some krak to throw lol.

People like it, but have to deal with the drip feeding of models and rules. Meet me on /tg in two years and we''ll see if it's dead then.

All that post was actually mine lol.

Grenade Launcher is indeed very good, very versatile. But Escher do have a decent chance of getting rid of it with their Rapid Fire bolter. And vice versa.

Just don't get the Chem Thrower and we'll have plenty of credit to spare.

For your goliath grenade launching death machine it is important to get Commanding Presence on your leader as his second skill after Mentor so he can group activate 3 other models rather than just two. Champions should probably have True Grit, Nerves of Steel or Unstoppable as their first pick, and +1BS or +1 Toughness for their first advance. It would be nice for multiple models to have Mentor, but it would be unlikely to happen since I don't think you can ever pick a secondary skill.

THE BRUTE SQUAD
BRAD
Leader:220
Weapons: Grenade Launcher, Spud-jacker, Stub Gun
Mentor

CHAD
Champion:165
Nerves of Steel

BROCK
Champion:185
True Grit

BRANT
Ganger:135
Nerves of Steel

BROM, GOM & LOM
3x Gangers:240
Weapons: Stubcannon

Little Tim
Juve:35
2x Stubgun

Pretty sure Brant can't take any skill.

GODDAMNNIT BRANT fixed for your pleasure

THE BRUTE SQUAD
BRAD
Leader:220
Mentor

CHAD
Nerves of Steel

BROCK
True Grit

BRANT
Ganger:135

BROM, GOM & LOM
3x Gangers:240
Weapons: Stubcannon

Little Tim
Juve:35
2x Stubgun

Looking good user.

Although I'd prefer Brant to join the distraction carnifex ganger team until he prove his worth to wield the GL, LUL

Who else /LOUD/ here?

What would you do with the spare 35 creds if Brant joins the distraction squad?

Holy shit, enough basic bitch gangs.
Cawdor WHEN?

First though is stub gun/melee for everyone

get some respirator for your leader or champ incase you fight escher? They are indeed highly resistance to gas, but that doesn't stop Escher player from trying to potshot and crippled you with Gas grenade.

Stone Ocean/10

Same.

Game might get a boost midway through 2018 if the expanded trading post is good and they errata their shit properly.

Think I'm more bright than loud, but sure.

pic related

I thought about it and I think if the 35 creds are gonna be saved, it might better to save towards smoke grenades on each launcher. 25 creds more and they'd be able to block off 20" of sight which is pretty big on a 4'x4'.

Then weapon accessories and grapnels for all.

I hope so, more than anything I hope for an Outlanders boxset.

Just played the first game against my brother and 2nd game of Necromunda (old rules) ever and boy, does the "auto fail bottle roll" make sense as a rule. By the end of his turn 4, I had 3 out, 2 down and one panicked ganger while he had 1 out and 1 down.

It wasn't a league game but we rolled the injuries for shits and giggles and... Yeah. One dead, two captured and one -1 MA was... Let's just say I'm thankful it was not a league game.

How about this list

Chaos Cult (using House Cawdor List)

Leader 195 Credits
Power weapon, Shotgun, Inspirational

Champion 230 Credits
Heavy Stubber, Hammer, Bulging Biceps

Champion 125 Credits
Axe, Fighting Knife, Step Aside

Ganger 150 Credits
Flamer, Hammer

4xGanger 240 Credits
Autogun

Juve 50 Credits
Autopistol, Flail

Total: 990 Credits

why does GW insist on putting stupid shit on their models. they have an ok, model, face is derp, but GW always makes derp female faces, and then they decided to put hay on top models head.
they keep doing it in w40k, and now in necro too. fucking goliaths look better then eshers, and that just makes no sense at all. back in the day GW sculptors could make wierd models, but they looked nice. Right now the models look soulless as if a machine made them.

You're so far off base I don't know what to say? The Escher faces are pretty expressive by and large.

what you cal expresive I call dude faces. The old eshers had crazy hair, but they looked female, the faces were well sculpted. Look at the anons models, and am in no way trying to say he paints bad. the one on the left has a space marines face, the one on the right looks like a drag queen at best, or serena wiliams on steroids. If the left one didn't have a boob plate you wouldn't even notice that it is a female. non of the old metal eshers looked that bad, in fact they were really nice models. all of them the juves,the gangers, the heavies were women with muscle that didn't look like body builders with tits slaped on them. The gang leaders were great. the new model is so busy, and has a perm higher then her own torso. I get sci fi, I get eshetics, but there is a good way of doing it, like with old eshers, and there is the GW from last few years way, and it looks horrible.

OldMunda and NuMunda are brutal games, you always have the choice to retire your gang if shit got too real and start an offshoot gang instead

Looks great user, two things though. Is there anyway you could Side Step Champion a 10/15 cred pistol? Second thing, your gang don't have a name, how they supposed to build rep?

for (youl
statuesqueminiatures.co.uk/c/4421217/1/sci-fi.html

Outside of the juves I don't really see any difference? They all have quite severe expressions.

Don't know if this user was linking as a joke, but do check out the heroic scale accessories if you're after especially femme heads/faces.

Apologies if this is explained in the rulebook, if I want to make a cultist gang do they all use the same size bases as the other gangs? I have a bunch of leftover dudes from Dark Vengeance and just need to know if I should get the Sector Mechanicum bases.

No rules for cultist gangs yet, but it's a safe bet that any human that isn't a Goliath should be on a 25mm base.

GW's female faces were always a running joke but they have gotten way better. Lilith Hesperax is the best example but she has a sexy thong so she's not shown off in marketing. I can see why they're trepidatious about making new sisters. I love the old Esher models though so that's my bias.

I play spyr, am worried that the way eshers look like they are going to end up looking my gangers look like transgenders. all I need after waiting so long is for my orrus to get feather up his ass or my yeld start looking david bowie.

bad painted old models look more female, then the man face plastic new ones. just look at the hvy stubber and hvy plasma one and he new esher "heavy". And those models are really old, some people were alive when they were made.

The eshers are really bad. The goliaths look fine, like they should, but I hate their half ogryn looks anyway. Same with the new orlocks, they look like space marine scouts in desert gear.

your joking, she has a male face. look at infinity they can do real female faces that look good, heck they can even do female aliens look good. Hesperax looks like a man that transitioned to fight in the female weight classes.

I can probably work something out and glue an autopistol to the model, I was working off the cultist models as is ATM. Names and such will of course be added, I'm also thinking of brewing up some rules to represent chaos rituals and such.

Infinity is hardly a good example of non-pinup models. Their posing in particular is really bad.

It was no joke. They do nice faces.

Use the link I put up and get your gang together, who cares if the "OFFICIAL MODELS" don't look pleasing to you, Necromunda wasn't made by your grandad on his deathbed was it? The IP is theirs to use freely, we just rolls the dice and buy the models. If they're ugly, just use nice 28mm post-apocalypic models from another range/company. Happy days.

Then I put forward the name of the Biweekly Bridge Club, an elderly group of card ex-ganger players who meet weekly to play Bridge, but is actually a front for one of the most HARDLINE Cawdor gangs in the lower Hive. They are led by Dread Agnes, Chosen of Fate.

How does the stock Goliath gang hold up in a +friendly+ gang war?

Is it fun?

How would you recommend we expand it? More stub cannon fodder? More jackers or cleavers?

Nice except for the Rivet gun dude. Rivet gun is trash.

Is it just the range that sucks asshole?

I'm not really impressed with Blaze, either. It feels a bit too improbable to bother with.

I have been happy with my spud jackers and stub cannons, though. They do a great job of rounding out Goliath gangs.

Unwieldy is bad dude.

Don't spend too much on stub cannon, because you'll be using autogun after first game anyway.

It all depends on how many other Goliath gangs you're expecting. Autogun is better against T3, stub cannon is better against T4. Remember that Stub Cannon has Knockback so it pushes people out of cover/off of ledges if it hits.

Knockback also increases the damage of the weapon by 1 if the subject can't be moved the full inch. Stub cannons are actually pretty decent.

Reddit Ranged Weapon Tier List
Hive Spyre Tier
Boltgun
Grenade Launcher
Plasmagun
Meltagun

Top Tier
Combat Shotgun
Shotgun
Bolt Pistol
Plasma Pistol

Upper-tier
Flamer
Stubcannon
Chem-thrower
Needle-rifle
Heavy Stubber

Mid-tier
Lasgun
Autogun
Stub Gun
Hand Flamer

Low-tier
Laspistol
Autopistol
Sawn-off Shotgun

Shit Tier
Rivet Cannon

>lasgun and autogun are the same tier
no

are lasguns really that much better than autoguns?

Tier for weapon without regarding their cost at all.

>Autopistol Low tier

Lasgun have accuracy, Autogun have fire power, Lasgun for Escher is almost free so it's better than Autogun for them.

Also, knocking people off ledges.

Cost is ephemeral, you can have or lose creds dependent on special territories, scenario and casualties

If you had the cash for a bolt pistol, why would you field an autopistol? Because it's for a Juve.

>why would you field an autopistol?
Because Hello 3+ ammo vs 6 + ammo that might or might not reload at all. Same reason for Plasma, which even worse.

Also the fucking bolt pistol didn't even get Rapid fire. I'd rather get the plasma.

Alright lads, you put down your versions then?

Isn't the bolt pistol 2 damage like the boltgun, or is that something the legacy gang PDF differs in?

It is. It's also s4, +2 short and ap-1 compared to autopistol.

Pretty sure I'd always take a bolt pistol when it comes to single target shooting, then. Autopistol may let you put shots on multiple people if you get lucky, though, and multiple pins off a single action is real strong.

I'd probably still go with a grenade launcher wherever I can. The only character that should have pistols anyway are juves, and juves are probably better off with the cheapest option available.

GLs are super strong (and cheap), but boltguns are infinitely cooler. Especially if you're some ganger.

If there was a way to get proper bolters/bolt pistols from the get go, sure. But since I need to build a decent list from the start I'll probably use whatever I have available.
Starting a leader with power hammer/launcher seems like a good idea. Getting him a bolt pistol later is possible, sure, but it's very low priority compared to respirators, grappling hooks, possibly heavy stubbers when GW2 comes out.

No weapon from Legacy gang or not in Trading post, no rarity, price and profile are subject to change, no point try to rank them

Goliath
Gun tier
>S+ tier : Smoke bomb

>S tier : Grenade Launcher

>A+ tier : Combat shotgun.

>A : lasgun, autogun, Stub cannon, Firestorm shell, GL Choke, Fear

>B : Shotgun, Frag Grenade, Krak, Choke gas, Shotgun ammo.
>nope tier : Rivet cannon.
Pistol tier:

>S+: Combi plasma

>A: Autopistol

>B: Plasma

>C: Laspistol

>Stub-gun tier : Stub-gun.

Melee :

S: P.Hammer, Brute Cleaver

A:Renderizer, Power sword, Spud Jacker

Escher

>S+ : Combi-Bolter-Needle, smoke bomb

>S : Lasgun

>A : Shotgun, Autogun, Grenade Launcher, Shotgun ammo.

>B : Choke Grenade, Fart thrower, Frag/Krak. GL Ammo, Combat shotgun and ammo.

>C : Choke grenade, Fart thrower with Respirator.

>D : Choke Grenade, Fart thrower with respirator, goliath/Filter plug.

Pistol:

>S:Plasma

>A:Auto

>B: Combi plasma

>C:Las, Stub gun

Melee:

>S: Power Sword. Whip

>A:Fighting Knife, Poison sword.

>Meme tier: Poison dagger.

Power hammers for melee champions. Yay/nay? It allows to grab a pistol/shotgun later, not unwieldy.

Sounds reasoning, user.

I guess I'll need to actually convert a leader then, don't want to have three guys in the same pose. Even if it's as badass as it is.

Make sure to grab the smoke bomb and undersuit armor ASAP.

There's so much stuff I want to grab for melee champs in the trade post. Grapnel launchers, gas masks, bolt pistols/combat shotguns+ammo.

>Have to wait till half way through 2018 for either House Cawdor or House Delaque models
>Stuck with Eschers, Goliaths and Orlocks till then
>No Hive Scum yet either
I get why they drip feed this stuff but god damn does it hurt my soul.

If I wanted to kit bash together a mechanicus themed slightly cyberpunk gang, but the rules for the other gangs aren't out yet, would I be better off trying to adapt the existing gang rules or just waiting until GW actually releases the full rules?

Adapt the Gangs of Legacy to fit your gang and then change them to suit based on what gets released. Give them access to the Trading Post Common items and you're set.

Sounds like a cool gang user.

Hive Scum are coming in Q1 in Gang War 2. All Forge World models, though.

warhammer-community.com/2017/11/27/forge-world-preview-hive-scum/

There's also a mutant looking one and Gor Half-Horn, though the latter is firmly in Bounty Hunter territory.