Paladin has to make a choice

>paladin has to make a choice
>kill the lich who's got a contigent magic that will kill1000 civilians or
>let the lich go and risk him killing innocents
>kills the lich without question
>falls
>"uh, no i dont fall. i had a contigent spell of atonement cast on me incase i fell."
realmshelps.net/charbuild/feat/Craft_Contingent_Spell

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS ALLOWED?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgence#Late_medieval_abuses
realmshelps.net/charbuild/feat/Craft_Contingent_Spell
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wow, these king of the hill threads are consistently shit. Thanks for at least making it obvious.

Wow, you're consistently a faggot. Thanks for at least making it obvious.

>player knows his DM is an imbecile and prepares for it properly
Good play.

>Be paladin of Amaunator, god of Law
>be lawyer
>prepare contractual loophole against your deity ahead of time

seems fine to me

>set up retarded "force paladin to fall" scenario
>get outplayed like a bitch

Thinking about it while selling indulgences was a shitty thing with the Catholic church, it would actually be a useful asset in the form of contingency spells

>Being a fucktarded DM that sets up these stupid ass "hurr durr fall no matter what" scenarios

>Declare the 1000 civilians an offering to your god
>Recite the prayers and rituals as you kill the lich

>Forcing the paladin to end 1000 lives to potentially save more by ending an evil threat
>Forcing the paladin to let an evil that will end more lives to save 1000
>Forcing the paladin to fall either way, despite the clear weight both routes carry
Because fuck you that's why

(You)

You're such a fucking cunt OP the dicks you must suck are fucking titan.

I play paladins, OP. I made this just for you.

>Monday he's a fag,
>On Tuesday he's a fag,
>On Wednesday through Saturday, he's a fag,
>Then on Sunday, just to be different,
>He's a Super King Kamehameha faggot!

Come on, you all know the words!

>Have you ever met my friend OP,
>He's the biggest fag in the whole wide world,
>He's a mean old fag,
>And he has stupid pics,
>He's a fag, fag, fag, fag, fag, fag, fag

Talk to kids around the world,
It might go a little bit something like this

>Have you ever met my friend OP,
>He's the biggest fag in the whole wide world,
>He's a mean old fag and he has stupid pics
>He's a fag, fag, fag, fag, fag, fag, fag
>Fag, fag, fag, fag,
>Fag, fag, fag, fag,
>He's a stupid fag,

OP's a fag and he's
Such a dirty fag!

>I really mean it OP
>He's a big fat stinking fag!
>Big, old, fat fucking fag!
>OP, yeah! chaaa!

Damnit OP, you had to do this while I'm on mobile and not near my "OP is a fag" reaction folder. Are there no ends to your faggotry?

>give him a no-win "You must break your code, there is literally no choice not to."
>still thinks the Paladin falls

shiggy diggy

I gotchu famalamadingdong.

>OP is a faggot
why the fuck is this allowed?

Because OP being a faggot is a universal truth. Some OPs, such as this fine example, simply manifest it in a stronger fashion.

Because the lich did it?

Anything the bad guys do, the players should be able to do. Vice-versa, too. If the players start abusing spells like Celerity or making custom magic items, then the villains should learn from that.

The Paladin should've just dispelled the lich's contingency instead.

Are you another player in this campaign? It seems like you might be the DM, but if you were there's no fucking way in hell you shouldn't be aware of him having a contingent spell buff on him until the moment that the contingent spell goes off. How the fuck can you go putting a buff on yourself without telling the DM until it comes up?

OP here, maybe I should give you some context before you gay motherfuckers choke to death on all those cocks your swallowing.

This paladin spent THREE GOD DAMN MONTHS not wanting to play the game because he was afraid the lich was going to kill him, so he went straight to giant in the playground and started looking for exploits and loopholes.

I told him all he had to do was just break the enchantment the lich had on him, leaving the room and possibly letting the lich go.
He took six other NPC adventurers with him to cover all the exits and make sure the lich was dimensionally shackled.
I asked him why he didnt just get his wizard to dispel and he said
>"He can spend the rest of eternity with those thousand souls tormenting him."

The dumb fuck didnt even shatter the phylactery.

>maybe I should give you some context before you gay motherfuckers choke to death on all those cocks your swallowing.

Great thread, the least all of you could do is sage, but im pretty sure this is drunk samefagging or something

u r a retard

23 replies.
21 posters.

Faggot.

I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just reminding people that this proves nothing

But did this thing that didn't happen, HAPPEN IN A GAME?

Just in case this isn't master crafted bait, you do realize a paladin will not fall because someone casts a spell that harms others if the paladin smites evil right? That is not on the paladin in any way that is still the doing of what ever he smites, because you know they cast the spell.

>DM gives paladin a shitty choice
>PC sees DM being "That Guy" and rules lawyers it
>DM throws a shit fit because he got outsmarted by a player despite having control over the setting

Sorry OP, but you are the villain here

>"I'm going to atone before I commit an evil act!"
Faggot. Kill yourself, not even shitposting. Just fucking kill yourself. You're a goddamn mistake and it's a fucking crime that you breathe the same fucking air that people more deserving than you do. Fuck it, give me your address, I'll do it for you.

Whew, lad. You're retarded on so many levels that it's just embarrassing.

And you're biting blatantly obvious bait.

You should really consider getting a hobby user ;)

Shit that didn't happen:
The OP

Shit that did happen:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgence#Late_medieval_abuses

Legit by RAW could you get away with this as a paladin? Like, pre-apologize to your god for whatever fuckery it is you're going to have to commit in the future when THAT DM drops a trolley problem on you? If so, I'm totally dropping xp and gp for bullshit insurance this weekend.

Sounds like you got played at your own game

What deity does the paladin serve? I'm sure it's a Good deity, probably Lawful. How would killing an undead cause him to fall anyway? I would figure just about any Good deity would get a boner when they see their champion killing some undead.

OP sucks a million dicks.

YOU'RE A SHIT DM AND I HOPE YOUR WHOLE GROUP FUCKS OFF AND LEAVES YOU TO ROT.

>HAHAHA I PUT A PALADIN IN A SCENARIO WHERE HE HAD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN TWO COMPARABLY BAD EVILS AND HE PICKED THE LESSER OF THE EVILS BUT HE STILL CHOSE EVIL SO I CAN MAKE HIM FALL XDDDD
Contingent castings of atonement are bad, but not as bad as the set-up for that contingent atonement. It's the result of a toxic DM attitude: the one where the DM sees making the paladin fall a challenge. "Oh boy, I sure do hope I can gimp user's character over some arbitrary shit he couldn't in any way avoid! That'll teach him to pick a class for roleplaying potential rather than optimization! He should've just played a battle cleric!".

Shame, because Catch-22's can be cool if done right. Either the paladin has to find a third way, finding the good option where at first only two evils seem apparent, or he has to pick one of the two evils and live with the consequences. The first would be fitting for a lighthearted, optimistic world where justice always prevails. The second could and should shake an inexperienced paladin to his core, with the knowledge that even with the greatest virtue and best intentions in the world you can still fail to prevent evil. This should hamper the paladin's CHARACTER, not his CLASS.

To be fair, the catechisms specifically forbade that. The Church was legit hella corrupt, which is why Martin Luther initially wanted to reform it rather than start a cancerous trend where every village priest started his own church leading to "LITERALLY SIX DAYS" nonsense among other things. On the plus side, the Council of Trent did acknowledge Luther was right in some regards (while at the same time doubling down on other shit like the veneration of saints).

Do you just have bad memory op?
How would he have contingent magic that you didn't know about?
Why are you mad, you let this happen?
Or do you just let players cast spells in secret by writing them on pieces of paper and placing them in a box?

>realmshelps.net/charbuild/feat/Craft_Contingent_Spell

Your player is fucking brilliant and outplayed you, the only mature thing to do is applaud his ingenuity.

>On the plus side, the Council of Trent did acknowledge Luther was right in some regards (while at the same time doubling down on other shit like the veneration of saints).
The Council of Trent isn't the only time the Catholic Church has shifted towards Lutheranism.

Only a handful of the theological problems that led to the thesises remain. I've got a standing bet with a Catholic friend that the Lutheran Church and the Catholic Church will have a Eucamenical agreement within our lifetimes.

>I've got a standing bet with a Catholic friend that the Lutheran Church and the Catholic Church will have a Eucamenical agreement within our lifetimes.
You're a funny guy, I like you.

>Playing an alignment dependent character in a system where alignment is poorly defined

Why should I care?

>I've got a standing bet with a Catholic friend that the Lutheran Church and the Catholic Church will have a Eucamenical agreement within our lifetimes
They'll have an ecumenical agreement with the Orthodox Church before they have one with the Lutherans. They won't have an ecumenical agreement with the Orthodox Church.

You thoroughly deserved it

Huh. I should make sure to do this if I ever play a paladin. Just in case of a dick GM

>ITT: That DM got cucked

>be DM
>play game that allows contingency spells
>allow player to have atonement as contingency
>set up no-win scenario where le paddlin falls no matter what
>paddlin uses contingency to not fall
>REEEEEEE why is this allowed!?