/swg/ - Star Wars general

Last Thread: Post about FFG, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, X-wing, Armada, Legion, and anything else SW Related

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ SW RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other FFG SW Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the SW RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older SW Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>Someone reported the Mega, it's gone now, RIP.

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

What are your stock plots that are not about a sith trying to rise to power?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/941427857917599744
youtu.be/78N2SP6JFaI
my.mixtape.moe/owhjsu.webm
my.mixtape.moe/jmqopj.mp4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for we will never see the real Luke on screen

What about an military officer trying to rise to power against a Sith?

We wont.

Also pic related is the official version of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master.

We have to go back

This is basically my favourite angle for post-RotJ Imperial antagonists.

It's the best angle full stop. Some poor, ambitious sod trying to scrape together his own powerbase because he knows that Vader and Palps are too high on demon cocaine to be a long term investment.

Back to the past?

Indeed, I'd have watched a whole series about the EU offspring

Jedi Jack.

I think as a general rule the emperor and most of his inner circle don't actually care about what goes on in the galaxy, so long as they get lots of nubile young force users and nothing distracts them. If you look at the way the imperial power structure is set up there were a lot of non force sensitive individuals granted absurd amounts of power even relative to other imperial autocrats with four cylinders. Tarkin had a shit ton of territory in addition to the death star, but Grant had probably the biggest fleet in the empire since he controlled an entire oversector and a grand admirals divisions on top of that, and he had zero illusions about the situation at hand at any point. There's probably a dozen other guys on that list and the few who tried shit may have died, but they caused damage on the way down. If there had been even a shade more mutiny things would probably have gotten a lot worse.

Can you imagine if, say, Vader got called away because of another fucking insubordinate grand whatever and didn't get to Hoth in time? Shit, Luke could have brought Yoda right to the rebel fleet and things would have gone very differently.

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/941427857917599744

Okay, Pablo's praising one of EA's murder victims. This feels like a good sign.

What's your prefered Episode VIII space ship? That's mine.

yeah the other one is from the power creep final spasms,

that guy was my jam during Universe and the couple sets after. Everyone was running the broken as fuck Thrawn, Order 66 Palps and Sev lists and I was having a blast with Luke, the Solo Twins and trooper support

youtu.be/78N2SP6JFaI

HA HA OH WOW

OH NO NO NO

just watched the last jedi. Wow, what a piece of fucking garbage.

I
I don't
I
Fucking what

Even Reddit doesn't like it. And Reddit defended both TFA and the prequels.

Would Yoda even have come back?

Would anyone besides Luke even listen to him?

What, don't you like best shipfu?

In space a force pull is relative.

Don't put misleading text next to spoilers.

This isn't ship stuff it's character stuff.

Christ

Mother of god.
Rian what the FUCK have you spewed out onto us. Jesus.

She really is superman, I was hoping the scene was shot so it looked like she was moving the ship to her.

Movement in space is relative, it all works out the same.

Still not a good effect shot.

The best scene is the short space fight in the beginning.
>no light saber duel
>no dogfight action, except for a little falcon goodness
I don't even care about disney cutezy shit, powerful women and all that. JUST GIVE ME SOME GOOD STAR WARS ACTION. Why have a fighter ace as a main character when he never flies, except in the intro scene? And fuck this disney villain imperial admiral guy.
The prequels where better in every way imo.

No lightsaber duel
Well, there's a lightsaber brawl, isnt that good enough for you?

They tried to remake ESB without the most iconic part of ESB...

Fucking hack frauds.

I don't understand why they thought it was a good idea to have Luke be a broken-down, faithless, nephew-murdering asshole. Like... did they watch the original trilogy?

You mean the scene where two main characters beat up some mooks? Truly epic.

Congratulations Disney!

I mean to be fair, they'd have been hard pushed to pull a twist like 'no, i am your father' without it just seeming forced as shit.
It wouldve had to have been "Rey, your parents were secretly OBI WAN KENOBI AND EMPEROR PALPATINE'S SISTER WHOAAAA" or something retarded like that.

It's that time of year again, /swg/: another holiday special. Current plan is a story about Pellaeon and Ben doing some holiday prep work for a Life Day celebration on Bastion, but I'd like to hear some more ideas about what you want to see. I want to go for maximum comfy.

>luke's entire character arc is nonviolence and the conversion of absolute evil
>'nephew MIGHT be a little fucked in the head? Better kill him!'
how do you grasp luke's character worse than even the shittiest eu writers
how do you work with a "storygroup" and make something bordering on less coherent than jedi prince

I have no suggestions at the moment but thank you god for this, I'm gonna need some holiday cheer after whatever the fuck TLJ's gonna turn out to be.

Snowball fight on Hoth for the Rebel's first Life Day at Echo Base

I could accept the disneyfication of lukes death. He couldn't die like Obi Wan, but die 'in piece'. A little bummer, but the result was the same, and a decent twist to the Obi Wan thing. But everything else was so boring and shit, that this was actually one of the better scenes for me. Basically because it had Luke and not one of the other useless shits.

I was talking about the duel in general, not just the "I am your father" line.

Fuck me, wrong scene wrong movie.

Did you watch episode 8?
He quite specifically says that he has a moment of weakness, which he immediately regrets and comes back from.
You know, kinda like when he almost went full dark side nuts on Vader on the DS2?

Sure, but i mean id say the line itself is far more iconic than the fight around it.
For 'iconic battle' you want Hoth, which is so painfully iconic that it's in every single Star Wars video game ever made.

Something about the Remnant watching the republic and FO flail at each other?

When he does that on the Death Star, he comes back, and stands up against the great evil that has made this turn of events come to pass.
When he does it here he goes 'well better sit on a rock while the universe literally and figuratively burns lmao'

>You know, kinda like when he almost went full dark side nuts on Vader on the DS2?
I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW IT!!!

But seriously, that was his dark moment. He didn't need to almost be a child murderer too.

my.mixtape.moe/owhjsu.webm

My headcanon is that, as Anakin's daughter, Leia actually is strong enough with the force to pull the entire ship towards her

>yeah he fucked up, like that time he fucked up and learned from it, maturing as a human being!

Yes.
That is, in fact, exactly the problem.

Yeah because on the Death Star, when he does that, he pulls it back and turns to the Emperor and nearly gets his shit rekt.

Versus Ren, he got his shit entirely rekt. Kid pulls a building down on him, and then murders all his students.
Different situation by far. In one, he killed the utterly evil guy and tried to save the conflicted one. In the other, he accidentally sent the conflicted one off the cliff, resulting in the deaths of every single prospective jedi in the temple, and felt like it was all his fault.
Sure, it's not perfect, but it's not unreasonable.

Nigga it was decades between the two - one man cant have two dark moments? Especially since in the EU, he had a whole fucking bunch including a full blown Dark Side defection

Also
>clapping at films
The fuck is wrong with you.

Bravo, Nolan

>well, everything's FUBAR
>Do I, A, do what's right and just and try to fix it
>Or B, sit on rock with finger up ass until Marey Sue happens to show up

Nigga you seriously dont think that accidentally training an entire new era of dark jedi, lead by your nephew, couldnt possibly give someone a crisis of confidence?

Dammit, you beat me to it!

my.mixtape.moe/jmqopj.mp4

>one man cant have two dark moments?
It was incredibly against his character, Luke forgave Vader who had comitted countless atrocities by that point but if he senses a bit of darkness in his own fucking nephew his first reaction would be to kill him?

I don't fucking buy it.

>his first reaction
His first reaction, he specifically said, was to try and find out how much darkness there was.
Upon seeing how bad it was, he had a momentary flash of 'oh fuck' which he immediately came back from.

I feel sorry for Mark, signing up for the ST and getting this script dropped on his lap. At least Ford got out early and only partly tarnished compared to the others.

>yo luke your dad's evil
>'nah we can work this out' up to him actively trying to murder luke and threatening his sister
>yo luke your nephew's kinda evil maybe for reasons outside of his control?
>nope kill it now

Don't let TLJ fool you, TFA absolutely ruined Han's character growth in the OT as much as this does Luke's

>how bad it was
nigger his dad chopped off his own arm, aided a genocide, and (possibly) killed his best friend and six months later luke's still going 'no ben he just needs therapy he good boi dindu nuffin'

It was the obvious joke.

Yeah but as a bad boy it wasn't as perceivable. People remembered Han being sort of an asshole, so resetting him to the place he was in the first trilogy didn't seem as offputting. But Luke was pretty much always squeaky clean.

I just don't get these movies. They don't really drive their own story because the old stars are such cornerstones of the plots they build up. But at the same time, they don't seem to get any of the development or emotional impact of the first movies.

Han's growth is a lump zero.
Luke's was actively going backwards.

Yes, because Jedi can never see the future or anything. He couldnt have looked into Kylo's future/heart/whatever and seen exactly the same evil that was in Anakin. Jedi cant do anything like that.

>no you don't understand kylo was engorged in SUPER ULTRA EVIL
>that he then proceeds to just
>poke with a stick and kill

Han goes from a selfish asshole to a guy willing to sacrifice his life for the woman he loves and fighting for a cause that's bigger than himself. It was a classic rogue redemption that JJ threw out the window.

>(possibly)

>no you dont understand, Luke Skywalker is a perfect cinnamon roll
>he could never ever make a mistake

>and seen exactly the same evil that was in Anakin
WHEN HE WAS PRESENTED WITH THE EVIL THAT WAS IN ANAKIN HE DIDN'T WANT TO KILL HIM. AFTER BESPIN WACKY WATERSLIDE HIS ONLY THOUGHT WAS 'NAH WE CAN TURN HIM' UP TO ACTIVELY BEING ATTACKED WHILE LITERALLY EVERYTHING AROUND HIM IS DYING OR ON THE VERGE OF DYING
BUT THE 'TOTES EVIL YOU GUYS' PILEOMEN HAS IS ENOUGH TO WARRANT MURDERING THE FUCK IN HIS SLEEP?

He's signed for three more star wars movies, too

he doesn't just 'make a mistake'
he makes a mistake contradictory to his development, then decides 'well guess i'll do nothing while the world burns around me' which is ALSO contradictory to his development

My bad, kills his best friend and then almost kills his replacement best friend.
Plus whatever that bondage chair did that Han was strapped onto.

>wow why would people be upset the main character is garbage for no reason besides ensuring he's out of the picture for a xenomorph that can't act or be properly written to take center stage

Honestly, I get the impression TLJ was rewritten more than once and that's where the major problems come from.

>he could never ever make a mistake *that's a repeat of a character-defining mistake in much, MUCH less egregious circumstances
this is like a character going through anger management after everyone he knows stabs him in the back then going full MY NAME IS NOT IMPORTANT because he stubbed his toe a few months later

I get the impression the mouse was a mistake.

OH MY FUKKEN KEK

And yet, when presented with Anakin specifically saying he's going to try and turn Leia, Luke flips his shit, screams at Vader, and then hammers him into the fucking ground in a rage.
Obviously, he didnt want to kill him then, he was trying to convert him back to the light by cutting him to pieces with a lightsaber.
Yes, he realised his mistake and came back from it.

Kinda like he did when standing over Ben.
He realised his momentary mistake, and tried to come back from it.
Instead, he had a building dropped on him and Ben murdered all his students whilst he was out.

>he makes a mistake contradictory to his development
Oh fuck off.
He has a momentary flash of 'oh shit' which he then immediately regrets and tries to fix.
It goes completely to hell, and he leaves in disgrace.

Yes, the 'leaving in disgrace to never teach Jedi and just hide away' part is contradictory to his development.
But a moment of 'oh fuck he's going to be another Vader' gave him the same reaction as Vader (a man he desperately wanted to save) talking about turning Leia? That's pretty fucking in keeping. It takes him even less time to realise his mistake - he doesnt wail on Ben for a good minute before realising, does he.

It's not like George was making good ones but yeah, sure, having these movies cut to a formula is definitely detrimental. They feel like they have a tighter leash on them than the Marvel ones too.

>george was making good ones
Do the 30+ hours of clone wars not count as 'good ones'?

I get the impression it wasn't written by a professional at all.

there's a difference between 'oh fuck he's gonna be another vader' and having those fears, warranted, and standing over his fucking bed with a loaded weapon
unless we're comparing KyLowRider's tactical dark side napping to actively trying to murder you while going 'hahah gonna mindrape your sister'

He always has his lightsaber with him, if he's anything like every other Jedi we've ever met.
He goes to see Ben, he probes his mind with the Force and discovers what he later describes as some pretty nasty dark side shit.

He has a momentary reflex of "oh fuck top level dark side fuckery" and draws his saber.
Then realises what the fuck he's doing and goes to turn it off, but Ben wakes up and draws his own and goes ham.

It is literally a half second reaction which he instantly recognises is a fuckup.

>probing a dude's mind with the space wizard equivalent of a gun without a safety right next to you
>in any way warranted or reasonable

>never getting a Seven Samurai-esque film set in the old republic
whatever I dont care about star wars anyway

>luke apparently does the force equivalent of pulling up Kylo's character sheet and seeing how many dark side pips he has
>nobody ever suspects Anakin to go full jihad
Makes me think

holy FUCK
/tv/ WASN'T LYING
THEY MADE LEIA FLY LIKE FUCKING SUPERMAN IN SPACE
after SHE'S OBVIOUSLY FROZEN TO DEATH
Help me Veeky Forums, literally everyone I know is dying to go see this and really want me to come along with, but I don't want to give the disney MEGACORPORTATION any more money when they're churning this schlock out.

>a world where people can do horrific things with their mind, and will do horrible things to people just to try and get better mind powers
>checking that people arent like that is in no way warranted

Are you just deliberately being an idiot so you can hate on something from nucanon?
Just pick something else, there's a whole mess of other dumb shit to get buttangery about.

Stand strong, user.

Stand by your beliefs.

Do it for her

>This man drawing his weapon on this child was just a half second reaction he instantly regretted, I urge your honor to consider this

>after SHE'S OBVIOUSLY FROZEN TO DEATH

It takes a while to die in space user.

Emperor's Hand is canon, Mara Jade is canon, Thrawn is canon, EU is canon, Exar Kun is canon, Katana Fleet is canon, Talon Karrde is canon, Dreadnoughts are canon, Luke make babby with Mara Jade. Disney movies = false editions. True AD&D™? True Star Wars™. False edition Disney, false edition WotC / Hasbro. Veeky Forums knows.

About 30 seconds. HHGTTG has this one right. But when your face is overgrown with ice crystals your body tissue needs to be

>Continued his desperate chant user

Kal-Eia

Star Wars ain't free edit when?

>Thrawn is canon
Thrawn is canon though.
Which just makes everything confusing.
never mind he looks like Red dwarf's Rimmer dipped in blue paint