Yet another dead Tau thread

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Dunkan
youtube.com/watch?v=s8klnCoAEi0

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

sendit.cloud/wj34sz8bdbay
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For the Greater Good.

IRON WITHIN

nids

First for Tyranid Superiority

Even more dead T'au!

6th for Vect model when

When will we get a unique Iron Warriors character?

3rd ed Tau
>an empire made up of various alien races

7th ed Tau
>big mechsuits piloted by blue waifus

>Wanting uniqueness
Lmao I bet this faggot doesn't like miles of concrete fortifications

What if one of the missing Primarchs returned? Instead of the 18 We all know and love

Fuck that, I don't want any special characters. Its a curse.

>implying one hasn't

ive never played 40k or fantasy. im getting more interested in the lore though.

how long does an average round last?

We need less special characters, not more.

Whats a good army to support a main Deathwatch detachment with?

entirely depends on the army. horde army, up to 45 min depending if player knows rules properly, but some smaller high point cost armies can take less then 10 min a turn

I actually feel pain just by looking at that picture.

Emperor fears the samurai

this, instead of special characters, give us special rules that costs points that your hq's can take. let me make my own special character

Making progress on my Grey Knights. Just about done. Just need to put together the Landraider and add some accessories and junk.

Why oh why do the possessed models not look this cool!?

What loyalist marine chapter should I paint to back up my police scheme Guard Regiment?

Chapters I'm fond of for lore/aesthetics: Black Templars, Carcharadons, Space Wolves, Raven Guard, Raptors...

>Inb4 meme chapters

Competitiveness isn't a factor, just want something that's fun to play and looks good with my ocean-worlders.

>Not carving a path to infamy from obscurity
I bet you go with only three miles of barb wire when building fortifications.

Why when we already have best chaos HQ model.

Challenge accepted.

>*Zzzip*

trying to freehand chapter badges is the worst, anyone make custom deals for theirdudes to save themselves from this bullshit?

>play 600 point game
>bring patrol
>opponent brings spearhead
>get stomped with no way to retaliate

What points level do I need to play before this kind of thing gets easier to mitigate?

40k is shit at even 1000pts. 1500 or 2000 is safe.

less than 500 or more than 5000

Okay, /40kg/, I need advice. So, I've been into 40k as far as the lore, games, and RPGs goes for quite a while now, but I never owned any miniatures. I have little interest in learning and playing the game itself (if I did play it would be casual), but I do want to get and paint some of my own minis for shits and giggles.

That being said, I don't give a flying fuck about official Jews Workshop minis and would rather buy bootleg and not give them money for anything unreasonably priced. My questions are these:

What's a good source for the cheapest unpainted models (Chineese knockoffs or not)? I know you can find a decent offer once in a blue moon on Ebay but I'm thinking someplace more reliable and less prone to retards. I don't care about the material they're made out of, they will be handled with care.

Ditto for paints. Would they carry something usable at the nearest Hobby Lobby?

And are there any mistakes that most first time 40k buyers/painters make a lot?

Mechs and waifus make money.

But she has a backstory as a normal character.

Rather than give us more special characters, I'd prefer that they start printing more interesting relics that aren't just "+1 Chainsword" or "Artificer Armor with ITWND." Give us an Iron Warriors super mechatendril relic that lets you assume direct control of a nearby tank, give us an Alpha Legion relic that lets you swap the position of two units, etc.

It would be neat if they got a special character that works like the ultramarines tank commander. But I definitely agree that we don't really need more named characters especially with 2 more daemon primaries and 3 loyalist primaries coming out eventually

How's this for a spoopyboi list? Really just want to have a varied list that can win some games.

>Horus literally did nothing wrong
>it was all an inside job
How will Imperium """"""""""""OH SO LOYAL"""""""""" fags ever recover?

sendit.cloud/wj34sz8bdbay

Ravenguard seems the most fitting out of the chapters you listed. The others are too ... unstable to really fit in with a policing focuses IG regiment.

>Black Templars : PURGE THE HERETIC!
>Space Sharks : RIP AND TEAR
>Space Wolves : AWOOO followed by RIP AND TEAR

But I love freehanding Chapter badges! Amongst other things.
>Damn casuals

Christ. I wish they'd just scrap detachments and allocate percentages of your total points to each slot instead.
But alas, MATH HARD.

>Malcador literally says he was lying

Black Library is trash and you shouldn't read it.

>Horus literally did nothing wrong
There is only one traitor primarch that did nothing wrong.

At this point BL writers have so little creativity left they try to turn our memes into legit stories.

>m-muh headcanon!
Get BTFO, loser.

>BL turns memes into stories
>Soon GW follows
>Tau codex drops, gives them WS 2+
Tau confirmed for new melee race

Okay so got my Carab Culln, don't play red scorpions though.

Luckily, my chapter colour scheme is desert themed, and scorpions are found in deserts, so I can probably fluff most of the decorations as personal heraldry rather than chapter heresy.

All that said, how do I get rid of the word CULLN on his shin?

Try a blowtorch

On a more serious note, some skill with a hobby knife should do

greenstuff over it

Hobby knife and file.

It's a recessed detail though.

If they're ocean worlders I like the idea of them rolling with the sharks, but I have a soft spot for Raven Guard, and depending on the blue may look cool with it.

At this point Horus's rebellion was 100% justified, which also means every primarch that rebelled alongside him was justified. Which isn't a good thing. It means the final conflict between the Emperor and Horus doesn't matter, because both sides are thoroughly unsympathetic assholes who aim to turn the Imperium into a dystopian hellhole. It means that Erebus is no longer a treacherous snake, he's a valiant hero trying to warn his brethren before it's too late. It means that every loyalist primarch got duped into aiding a man who planned to stab them in the back.

for being so technology advanced, they seem to have some shitty technology, sniper drones hitting on 5+'s by themselves. i get that the blue guys are cows and have eyes on the side of their head, but cant their own damn robots have at least as good targeting as their fire warriors?

Buy used models on ebay, strip them of any paint.

>fill in with green stuff
>lightly sand surface
>paint own guys name over it
wala

Fill it in with greenstuff?

technically they are not even cows, but should be some of the best snipers even without their enhancing helmets and stuff, but once again, gw thinks 4+ defines amazing shooting

I can try that, though it does seem like it would be a ridiculously small ammount of GS to use in one go.

>letting laurie goldstein write a book
But why tho?

i thought that was the reasoning, because they were techinically prey animals that evoled, their eyes were on the side of their head more then in the front, and had worse eyesite for shooting, or some shit like that. maybe it was just some bs i readsomewhere i guess

So far what I've seen is people trying to get as much money out of their army as they put into it. Buy it Nowa are pretty much always GW tier and those that aren't go fast. Auction onlys usually end up the same as well.

Get liquid greenstuff. It's what that shit's built for.

>It means the final conflict between the Emperor and Horus doesn't matter

MoM already confirmed that the final conflict between the Emperor and Horus doesn't matter and the 12.000 years after it in fact because Chaos already won when Magnus raped the webway project.
They're also removing all emotional motivations : the Emperor has been turned into a calculating, stone cold intelligence that barely understands the concept of humanity anymore, and most (if not all) primarchs have been turned into insecure teenage autists that don't know what to do with themselves and sprout daddy issues the instant he isn't holding their hand

Yep, head canon is exactly what BL is.
ADB himself said it, if you don't like the stuff in a BL book, then ignore it

it would be, but whats .25 cents worht of green stuff wasted compared to that sweet cullin dread model looking tasty?

are the sprues of the custodes in the burning prospero box the same that come in the talons of the emperor box?

when Iron warriors become interesting

their melee eyesight is worse, because gw is stupid as hell iirc and wants to explain their stupid idea of giving them 5+ in melee.

but then again, seeing as they don't have psychers, cant into melee, and their shooting is on the worse part of the spectrum they might as well be dumb cows

Yes

If you're building a FW dread then surely you'll be using more greenstuff for gap filling anyway?

She was literally a nobody repentia who murdered her way to redemption, then became a saint. Hell, she stole her gear from the tomb of another order's patron saint.

>Tau are a shooty race!
>BS 4+

I belive it was her order's parton.

May we all aspire to such a life.

I think you mean the 19/21 we know and love ;)

>but user, they have markerlights and S5

>Tau became the Ork meme of 8th edition

There is justice in this world after all

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

>the ork meme
except that orks have psychic and melee
tau just have fusionmander-cheese, which'll be nerved in their codex, reducing them to complete uselessness

Calm down, it's not her time of the month yet

Why are chaosfags so obnoxious?

>imperial guard are a shooty army
>BS 4+

Honestly, command points should be based on points/power level, and shit like spearhead should take away from that. Force Org in general needs to be fucking addressed in 40k.

I've never actually seen a Chaosfag scream BFTBG mid-game, but I've seen tons of Orkfags screaming Waaagh.

I will defend them slightly...

Who else has such easily quotable, and half decent, warcries?

>frog posting
>calls others obnoxious

I know Heavy Bolters are god's gift to Havocs right now, but are Missile Launchers bad? I've heard mixed things about them. I run EC so being able to either shoot a potential 12 missile shots from long range (plus my other anti-tank) with two full squads is appealing, as is the ability to get 12d6 bolter shots to kill crowds if I need to.

>scions
>tanks
>half the point cost for infantry vs fw

>Frogposter complaining about obnoxiousness

I don't get that picture, what's the joke?

If khorne's Battlecry is Blood for the Blood God does that make Slaanesh's cry Size for the Size Queen?

>Size for the size queen
not dicks for the girls(male)

Why are the Iron Warriors the designate "good guy Traitor" legion instead of the Night Lords or the Alpha Legion?

You right. I keep forgetting fiery heart = Marytred lady because I always assume the SoB poster order would be Alicia's order, which is Ebon Chalice

>he doesn't know about cow tools

They aren't the "good guy traitor legion" that title belongs to pic related.

I generally don't go out of my way to fuck up my models during assembly, so not really.

I did have to patch a fuckup on a Custodes dread at one point, but more the exception than the rule.

>no u
blood for the blood god amirite guys? haha! skulls for skull throne.
whoa guys are there HERETICS here? i, too, liked Warhammer 40k Memes on facebook!