Just got it! AS&SH 2nd Edition

>smells even better than edition

pic of the tome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p31Xdxx34Nk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

other pic, dam that fucked up orientation really stole the thunder..

whats this?

So glad you asked. It just arrived today. It's the second edition of Astounding Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea. It takes it's foundation from first edition dnd, though, it forgoes demi-humans altogether. Instead, it relies on the milieu of Howard's Conan, very strongly influenced by Lovecraft's Mythos, and Clark's characterizations of both. It's a 620+ hardcover work to be admired.

I'd enjoy cracking this book open to discuss what's going on here in relation to other things OSR people are playing. If my pic wasn't clear, I do parlay with a great deal of other published materials in our gaming sessions. I'd love to discuss.

too bad you're too retarded to figure out how to work a camera

go for it mate, sell me on the system

agreed.. I am "too" retarded to work my camera.. I have a Samsung now at least, so I can drop it in the tub without fear.
I tried re-posting the photos with a better orientation but it said I was posting duplicate files. Again, yes I am too retarded.

Are fractional attacks still in?
Any major changes to char gen from first ed?
More weapon options?

I dunno, if you want to play a gritty old school game that is wholly set in a conan-esque world already steeped in weird fantasy that foregoes all the genre tricks of inclusion like demi-humans and high level nonsense.. It's supposed to be dark and confusing, deadly, pulpy. Other books have done it, are doing it, this one has really high production value, is really well written, and dies for its source material. It's exactly what many people have been waiting for.

Fractional attacks, like fail forward?

No multiclassing. 12 lvl limit. tons of sub classes. Decent spell selections, basically seperate lists for each type of caster. No crazy shit, agian lvl 12 limit. It's gritty.

There are a lot of weapon options. Most weapons have bonuses against certain armors or defences, and well and penalties. I put together a net and trident guy that actually works, without any tinkering.

For fractional attacks, I mean stuff like a 3/2 attack rate. One round you get one attack, next round you get 2, round after you get 1, and so on. Has that been changed, or am I thinking of a different osr system?

Anyone else using this book? Know it from first edition?

I'd really like to hear opinions from people who've run the official modules from North Wind. Do I sound like a shill? Sorry, I always do when I first get new stuff. New stuff is awesome, no?

Nope, that is squarely how this operates. Gimme a second I'll provide the fighter or someone's progression for an idea.

The fighter- 1/1 from 1st to 6th. 3/2 from 7th to 12th. weapon mastery can improve this

What are the rules on bumping your own lame thread?

youtube.com/watch?v=p31Xdxx34Nk

Pretend I play and like Holmes. Why should I consider this?

So, you both play, and like Holmes? What the fuck man? Are you sick? You play that tripe because one of two things- You are sick and like punishment, or you have good taste. I see, you are a discerning gamer fond of punishment and the odd thrown bone. You truly enjoy the old mechanics, ok. Well, no reason to switch other than doing so for the setting. It's what I've been waiting for. Pulpy grimfantasy.

holmes is good you're just a retarded faggot

^V^V^V^V^V^