Critical Role: Campaign Q&A Thread

Where: geekandsundry.com/twitch/

Tonight the cast of Critical Role sits down with Brian Wayne Foster Who I find funny and no one else does except Ashley to discuss anything and everything that happened in the campaign. Note that this is pre-recorded because these people have lives or whatever

The cast asked Matt questions, and the viewers asked questions to the cast

>Brian Foster hinted that we may get a long sitdown with just Matt to cover more of the campaign, answer missed questions at a later date
>The date for the new campaign will be revealed tonight
>Last new content till the new year
>Now would be a good time to use your free month of Alpha to watch Sagas of Sundry: Madness cause it was really good

Other urls found in this thread:

loquaciousquark.tumblr.com/post/168563564377/critical-role-wrap-up-tell-all-summary-post
criticalrole.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodeshttp://criticalrole.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kit Buss is the only artists work I consistently liked

>Tfw one of my questions got pretty high in the thread

IM GONNA BE FAMOUS LADS

God im so jealous of Ashley

NEW CAMPAIGN: JANUARY 11th

Also
"Time for you guys to think about your stats, and some you may learn the game"
"Your playing something we pretend to call D&D"

Please tell me it's a new setting.

>Why did you trust the Mind Flayer over the Paladin
Cause they're secret fedoras

Same world, 20-30 years after first game.

God DAMMIT, I was hoping we'd see the end of that bland group of "Machiavellian schemers" and randumb Gnomish bards.

I've noticed they have a knack of shitting all over religion whenever they get the opportunity, like when Grog was fighting the Battle-Pope of Vasselheim and everyone was too busy trying to make the guy embarrass himself.

Same universe, however its taking place in Wildemount which they will only saw the ruins of Draconia in it

>The Continent of Not!Slavs and Eastern Europeans

I've got a bad feeling about this.

>Implying the average "critter' thinks white people can be improperly represented in a game

At least its where the Tieflings come from

Wtf they talking like they are discussing acting methods from acting on a scorsese film and shit

It's just DnD, they all improved everything and had fun with it

> inb4 ma deep characters

The Tieflings that nobody seemed to have an issue with even though they're explicitly a persecuted and shady people? I mean, the Tiefling sisters were ultimately fun and memorable characters, but they could've done so much with characters getting wary at them simply for the color of their skin and the evil demon horns.

Fair enough, white people are just a big ole bowl of milk without any sort of variation in culture, ethnicity or belief. None whatsoever.

If I was a betting man, I'd wager a plot will involve taking down the big mean Emperor Dwendal because we can't have strong male NPCs in this campaign, just like all the ones in Critical Role were systematically belittled, lessened or taken down for an even stronger female character.

The only person worth listening to on their acting methods is Travis Willingham. Grog was easily the best character in that series while building other players up through subtle pushes to roleplay.

Because they are all VA's, ex aspiring actors, and Taliesin who is TECHNICALLY an actor

Also lets appreciate that Ashley is sitting on Skype for 4hrs after shooting for 15hrs straight

i'd be surprised if they did, but she really should take a step back if she can't make it regularly i could see her as a recurring guest

>Everyone dressed conservatively except Marisha
>She is looking very nice

>tfw Keyleth started getting the hots for Kashaw and Zahra had a girl-to-girl with her, only for Marisha OOC to get awkward and reveal she's never had one of these kinds of talks before

How can one girl be so cute.

How the fuck are you so far ahead of me? I jsut finished the Circlet question

I just saw this was a Critical Role thread and thought I could comment about what I've seen and heard in the episodes I've watched!

>Tfw they didn't ask my question and I got tons of upboats

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What was it?

>Laura has the most Nat1's after all that dice voodoo

I forget how I worded it , but it was essentially "Was the Slayer's Take trying to punish VM harder by giving them the Raksasha without cluing them into the repercussions"

I had like 40 upboats. Someone asked a much better worded version of it and also didn't get it answered

Jesus we knew Deliah's backstory was dark as fuck but holy shit

>you will never have post wrap-up special sex with Laura as she whispers about her love for you in her shin-chan voice

Did I miss anything?

Why is Marisha dressed like that?

She didn't get the memo

Not really. Just this

Did they mention anything about Orien?

She commented that Vex thought the whole "Percy emitting smoke" during the Briarwoods arc was cool, edgy, and a thing she was starting to crush on him.

And the entire time Travis is looking at her like, "... so is this you revealing our kink or...?"

No thank fuck

Neat.

That's what I'm talking about.

>you will never have post wrap-up special sex with Ashley as she whispers "Okay Okay Okay" for you in her cutie voice

Jesus Tal needs to start sleeping more, he looks like he is on the edge of death

>We were truly almost rid of Keyleth that early

Could've been great

He's reading the letter!

Sam is the best. This group barely deserves him.

> Scanlan's letter/will was acknowledging his flaws and asking Pike to be a mother to Kaylie

Sam is too good for this group.

> Vex's profession of love almost single-handedly convinced Percy to come back from the dead

... I mean, would you say no to Laura?

>Transgender Ancient Red Dragon
Another glimpse of Mercer's Magical Realm?

Laura is only woman who could bring someone back with love alone

Sam fucking posted it.

Time to fap to Board Game Gal's voice

Are they seated in order of talent? Who even is the chick in the back?

>Luke dies killing Snoke

This is why nobody actually watches this crap.

I was hoping the Mary Sue would eat it but oh well.

It has only dawned on me now that Kit Buss' style is very Banner Saga.

Huh neat

The girl in the back row is a comic book artist and has won a couple Eisner Awards for her work.

> Grog didn't end up having sex with the nymph WAAY back when because he was too dumb to realize it was an option

Another peak into Matt's Magical Realm.

Why was Cravenedge called that? It seemed pretty gung-ho.

They also went to the Daringtons' hometown

So do we have any idea who everybody's playing? Any predictions?

Talisin and Laura new twins confirmed?

>Pike liked Percy

KNEW IT!

Hold on, Kavdak was transgender?

>You'll never have a cute gnome waifu who prays for your soul
>you'll never have a cute gnome waifu who heals you
>You'll never have a cute gnome waifu who believes in your better self

Why even live?

All the girls liked Percy, the troubled edgy nobleman is like catnip.

Percy ended up being just like an edgy harem anime mc. Violent, apathetic and oblivious of everyone's feelings for him. Amazing.

Kevdak was the leader of the barbarian horde. Thordak was the Ancient Red Dragon. He was being corrupted/changed by the soul anchor being embedded in his chest and "evolving" into a Primordial Elemental Dragon, with the eggs being the first offspring of this new lifeform.

It wasn't even Pike; the other female members of VM and Tary crushed on Percy. They love the cliche edgy bad boy and just want to fix him.

I think Percy exemplifies why Humans can get away with fucking so many other races, and why there's a ton of half-breeds running around in any given setting.

Turns out being a complete and utter asshole will get all the girls in the group aching for your dick, who knew?

It's a fucking game, stop trying to pull some lifelesson out of this you cringy fucking redpiller.

in fairness to Tary, i think he was more attracted to noble kid with technological inclinations, birds of a feather

>eceleb dogshit

True, I can see that more than the edgy emo kid stuff, as he was (mostly) past all that by the time Tary showed up.

Gee user, you sound upset that yet another example of an old stereotype has cropped up in your safe space!

Are we not going to talk about Brian's bants? The man was on point all night, especially at Sam.

Oh so they are going full tilt on just remaking the original trilogy

Yeah, instead of his usual 'so bad it's good' he was genuinely a good host today.

When a culture is getting dominated by another, it is common for the incoming culture to annihilate anything it deems wrong while assimilating those it deems right.

Nah. It's barely anything like empire, outside of a single scene that's set up to look like Hoth but goes completely differently.

Nice sans tumblr writeup here:
loquaciousquark.tumblr.com/post/168563564377/critical-role-wrap-up-tell-all-summary-post

>Travis had no idea if he could win solo against Kevdak, but wanted to start the fight that way. He got to face him on his terms, and that was all he wanted. Matt says he could have actually won the fight, but the dice were against him.

It's interesting that the most dangerous fight for them (According to Matt afterwards if anyone but Grog killed Kevdak OR they failed a social check they were fighting the rest of the herd) could have been completely avoided.

>Matt finds it strange that he’s a 35-year-old man who has spent his whole life trying to make something, and who genuinely believes the greatest thing he has ever accomplished is this story he’s told with his friends.
;_;

>Tumblr
Fuck off, this is the caliber of people who watch Shitical Role

>loquaciousquark.tumblr.com/post/168563564377/critical-role-wrap-up-tell-all-summary-post
>Marisha asks Matt what would have happened if she hadn’t rolled a natural 20 on the ziggurat. Matt says the DC was an 18 to resist the impact–if she hadn’t, she’d have gone through, taken a ton of damage, and been thrust into the Shadowfell on the outskirts of Thar Amphala. It would have changed the story if Keyleth had survived the damage to return safely & reveal Vecna’s plot early. However, no one would have even known she’d been gone.
>they were THAT close to never needing to deal with Keyleth ever again

Im still desperately hoping she is more bearable in the new campaign

we got two tieflings, and a kobold? i'm guessing that's sam

I'm not sure, Sam might want to be a larger race this time, though I believe he mentioned Liam was choosing for him again.

We got a Monk for sure

Paladin Travis? Third from left?

so i haven't even started watching this yet, and I've finished some of the other DnD series out there and am craving some more.....Do I take the dive and binge watch the entire thing over college christmas break or just say fuck it and start with the next campaign?

From left to right

Tiefling Swashbuckler or Bard
Human Monk
Human Paladin
Half Elven Warlock
Kobold Sorcerer
Half Elven Wizard
Tiefling Rogue

my best guesses are, from left to right:
>Taliesin : Tiefling Hexblade
>Ash : Human or Half-elf Sorcerer
>Sam : Half Orc Fighter? Paladin?
>Travis: Human Bloodhunter (as seen in oneshots)
>Liam : Gnome Monk
>Laura : Tieflink Cleric (as seen in oneshots)
>Marisha : Human Barbarian

If you want, you can safely skip episodes 1-27, those are the episodes where they're ironing out a lot of kinks, including a certain player- after that it really starts to come into its own, at least for a while.

I really want Travis to be the gnome.

Not her Kaine voice user ?

My guesses are, from left to right:

- Tiefling Warlock Hexblade (Taliesin)
- Half-Elf Monk (Marisha)
- Human Blood Hunter (Travis)
- Human Gunslinger (Liam)
- Kobold Rogue (Sam)
- Tiefling Cleric (Laura)
- Half-Elf Druid (Ashley)

Looks like one of the boys are going female

2,6,7 are deff female and 4 is very femm

Very progressive thank god we have more retards spewing politics into d&d

Odds on it’s Liam

there are 3 females in the cast you know

>3 siloeetes are clearly female
>Another looks very female

Yeah I know

Anyone have a link of somewhere I can go to read a summary of how the campaign progressed and ended after Tary left?

Start at episode 100 (I think)
criticalrole.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodeshttp://criticalrole.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodes

Looks like its all written up. But here is a very VERY brief TL:DR

>Scanlan alerts VM that there is a second ziggurat
>They go investigate as a team, turns out its Vecna cultists
>Another spinning orb thing, they find a way to survive and go into it
>End up in the Shadowfell in an ancient city called Thar Amphala
>Lady Briarwood is alive, ends up summoning Vecna
>Vecna wipes the floor with them, killing Vax (Who comes back as a revenant because he worships Raven Queen who is directly against Vecna)
>Do some research, start talking to the Gods on how to defeat him
>Find out they need to seal him away using pic related
>Talk to some Gods, get material and blessings from them
>Forge trammels, Vecna descends on Vasselheim on top of a titan with Thar Amphala on top
>Final dungeon is a long as fuck climb up the titan into the city, and eventually up the tower
>Get to the top, meet an Oathbreaker Paladin of Tiamat named Arkhan. They are both after the same thing (Stopping Vecna) so they become friends
>Kill Lady Briarwood, eventually seal Vecna
>Arkhan steal's Vecna's hand for Tiamat
>Vax dies, everyone cries
>Keyleth ends up leading her Druids and being lonely as fuck
>Pike and Scanlan get together
>Grog intimidates someone into tutoring him on how to read
>Vex/Percy makes tons of babbies
>This isnt so short

Vex was baby crazy all the way back in the fight with Umbrasyl, turns out half-elves have a thing for breeding.

>The Tieflings that nobody seemed to have an issue with even though they're explicitly a persecuted and shady people? I mean, the Tiefling sisters were ultimately fun and memorable characters, but they could've done so much with characters getting wary at them simply for the color of their skin and the evil demon horns.

Yeah if you hadn't noticed already, Exandria is basically a high fantasy version of California where racism and prejudice don't exist. I don't think it's ever explained how the average person gets educated or anything, but really everyone gets along and nobody goes to war with anybody unless some faction needs to be VERY BAD OBVIOUS BAD GUYZ

I've learned a lot from Matt's style of DMing, but it's difficult to suspend your disbelief when it comes to his world because of shit like this.

yeah i'd much rather they leave her out of the main party rather than pull the Astral Projection bullshit.

It was so annoying that she would just show up whenever someone would need to be conveniently resurrected. At least try not to make it seem like a total asspull ffs.

Anyone who thought Matt didn't give VM shit loads of plot armor is actually retarded