Horus Heresy General /HHG/

All According to Keikaku Edition

>Previous thread
404'd

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/341922-black-library-advent-calendar-2017/page-5
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Amendera_Kendel
forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/New-Years-Open-Day-Ticket-2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Friendly reminder that Malcador says he was lying everything else is just shitposting.

>t. brainlet

Friendly reminder that Perturabo is the only true Veeky Forums-tier primarch

Anyone have any of the Horus Heresy audiobooks?

I like the go pros.

The Rangdan Cerabvores were DAoT humans who went to Rangda and found a defunct Old Ones biolab for manipulating life and were permanently transformed into aberrations that sought their pleasure through consuming brains

And then got trapped in the Halo Stars until the warp storms went away while they ate all the nearby life

Their war against the Imperium was all finding out that there were ways into the rest of the galaxy and lots of tasty brains hiding behind the armies in the hives.

The Emperor ultimately defeated them by controlling the Void Dragon on Mars although lots of purging was needed when it was revealed that the xenos were infecting humans in order to create more Rangdans in places that the Imperium thought was safe

Goulding is fake writer

Rangdan were actually chaos. Emps made a deal with the gods to get them to leave.

check out my trove at snip.li
/RPGNovels has all the recent stuff, will be continuing to up the HH audios on an ongoing basis (any requests for the next one?)

I know, right?

Here is Bolter and Chainsword getting annoyed at you guys for being idiots.

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/341922-black-library-advent-calendar-2017/page-5

Literally goldbergs headcanon

Sorry I'm late to the meme brigade but did we just find out who AK is? Alan Karpin Malc's assistant who is writting a book that he 'cant wait to read'?

Could a Primaris Repulsor without the turret or extra gubbinz and a set of sponsons serve as a poor-man's Proteus? It has the same dimensions as the Phobos, can mount the same weapons as the Proteus, and doesn't have the front assault ramp.

It could user but... The Horus Heresy is supposed to be that game in which you save money for the best models and you paint and convert each one so it's special. I don't have a lot of money either but saving about 60€ more is not going to kill you, just have a little more patience

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Amendera_Kendel

Trouble would be the fact that the Repulsor has only one set of side doors,, so fitting both the sponsons and the side accesses somewhere might be difficult.
Then again, if the repulsor can be used as a sorta-grav-rhino for custards, it can be used as a sorta-proteus.

Hey /hhg/
Asked on last thread but very near end so will reask;
Am workingbmy way through calth box to get started on iron warriors, and wondered what to go for next?
Currently thinking a quad mortar or two alongside breachers to hold down objectives
Any ideas?

What rite are you using, that will dictate your choices a bit. That being said you're iron warriors so quad mortars, medusa or other tanks will serve you well.

My idea was to set them in the wide spot infront of the doors, since there appears to be enough space to mount Predator sponsons and then mount a second lascannon with each.

Personally, I'd prefer to come up with a creative answer to a problem rather than just throw more money at it.

So what LOTR shit is gonna come out from FW today?

I figured ironfire for a nice ww1 style creeping barrage advance
Thanks for advice, I just wanted to leave vehicles for later once I had improved and possible invested in airbrush

APOLOGISE

Still need to be cleaned and tidied up, both thoughts on my two Imperial Fist Centurions so far?

>13,256 posts

god damn

Very cool. I specially like the one on the left, hope you do them justice painting them!

I really hate the elitism that they look down on us as though we're lesser fans than they are. The Authors do it, the forumites do it, everyone does it. Frankly I'd almost want to join just to ask why they seem to have the need to put us all down as '4channers'.

Why do you think it’s her? Is there anything that points towards Kendel? Karpin seems more likely as he’s the scholarly type.

Could somebody translate that post into something slightly more reasonable?
Or am I getting that garbage right and he means to imply that Goulding writes deliberatly shitty in order to piss off Veeky Forums and the b&c dindus suffer for it?

It's the fault of us racist eggs you see user, Goulding has to be autistic to stop our wily ways.

Veeky Forums BTFO

>manchild whining about manchildren ruining his plastic soldier game
Nothing new

>my goldberg memes have been noticed

Good.

Veeky Forums is a cartoon board full of austistic edgy teenage outcasts. It's shit and don't deny it

It is, but /hhg/ and /wip/ are comfy places

forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/New-Years-Open-Day-Ticket-2017

Get them quick

While I agree with the notion that harassing people over a novel is stupid, the sheer level of delusion going on in the post in that screencap is amazing.
>our valued and important criticisms are ignored because Veeky Forums is mean
Super cute.

Lookin' mighty fine. Keep upholding the Imperial Truth

Who’s been memeing this poor man!??
Why does Veeky Forums bullies always do dis??

Just reading through that thread... no wonder those autismos get butt hurt. BL publishes some shit tier fan wank to get some attention and this lot take it as high art. Doesn’t matter how shit it is. They’ll actively look for ways to make the shit sound logical. Anyone who says it isn’t is seen as ruining the hobby and attacking the writers.

Also working on Sigismund because I hate myself.

>implying forums are not, because you're namefagging all day long

I'd love to know how they deduce that all the shit flinging at the authors comes solely from here, and it's the reason their points are not being taken seriously.

Lets face it, victim bucks are as good as currency. If you do a shit job and people call you out on it, you're the victim.

whats wrong with siggy

Are there any 40k 7th ed xenos characters that can take on primarchs?

Half The posters here are dakkanaughts or bolter and chainsworders or whatever anyway. It's a moot distinction.

Swarmlord, D thirster, Transcendent C'tan, probably no regular infantry guys.

Hey /hhg/, aside from vehicles/quad mortars, what make good iron warriors units? Just trying to do infantry first, starting with normal units before trying to kitbash some iron havocs

Apart from hardy infantry, their unique units and tanks/artillery there isn't much. Typhon super heavies and dreadnoughts of all types compliment their rules and are fluffy.

Didn't swarmlord get nerfed heavily in 7th? D thirster is probably ready to put down any non instant death non 3++. What does the Transcendent C'tan do?

>swarmlord
>good in 7th
Hahahahaha.

Thanks, but what I mean is what hardy infantry should I try, like breachers or support squads, looking at vehicles later on?

Breachers termis, support squads. Tacticals are bread and butter iw units.

It depends how you want to play but anything that makes infantry more survivable, big squads, apothecarys, invulnerable saves, those kinds of things.

Breachers are expensive but make good objective holders, a squad of them in cover with an apothecary will always get two saves, one is armour, invulnerable or cover and the second is FNP.

Big tactical squads with an apothecary can be used as your aggressive infantry, march them up field.

Smaller squads in rhinos can move about quickly and hide in their transport until they are needed.

Don't bother wasting an apothecary on smaller squads, they won't help much because of the smaller squad size and with vets lose out on a special weapon if you want to transport them.

Thanks!
I'll try a breacher squad first, then apothecaries for the calth squads and more infantry, following with termies/havocs

Lascannon Havocs own with BS5 and Tank Hunters

Post your biggest recast

Thanks! Do you think FW will ever make a model or should I try to kitbash?

Because we see that the emperor(not that one) has no clothes, and that pisses off these retards

They will probably get around to it eventually but mk2 armour and iron warrior heads will give you an excellent stand in for them and will probably cost a lot less also.

Where are these upright legs from?

If there's one thing that pisses me off about the Horus Heresy is that everybody still has a fucking power squat

Imperial fists command squad, the legs and torso are one section.

>Imperial Fists get a really good kit
>Invictarus legs look like deformed potatos
Fuck me, I'm jealous

Black Library is trash and you shouldn't read it. The books are mediocre at best and have damaged the setting immensely.

Thanks!
Trying to think of any other way to kitbash them and make them more unique, since the FW torsos for IW seem a bit odd

IW torsos are shit.

Get some tyrant terminators. Kitbash or buy FW.

With a bit of planning ahead, you could separate out the two helmets with targeters (or whatever those are) from the set and only put those on your iron havocs, not on any of your tactical/veteran marines. I do realise it may be too late, though.

Iron Hands heads work well too.

Thanks for the idea!
Nowhere near too late, going about this rather slowly, waiting till I've finished calth stuff to start on more units, just planning ahead

Thanks! Willbprobably give them a go on breachers

Is there a good reason that Slow and Purposeful takes away overwatch? It doesn't make fluff or crunch sense to me.

I need help with my salamanders, the original plan was a full mechanized list, but I don't know if I can even do that with what I have
So far I have gathered :
Bac
Bop
A land raider
Two rhinos
A vindicator
A laser destroyer vindicator
A deimos plasma predator
A xyphon
A contemptor
A leviathan
5 pyroclast
And the pride of my collection : a fellblade
I also plan to add support with some custodes to tag alongside

Forgot the fully magnetised imperial knight

Overwatch is about reacting quickly, slow and purposeful is about being slow.

So we know 7e Swarmlord would just get his teeth kicked in by just about any primary, but what about 5e swarmlord with his forced rerolling invulns, ID, and better Hive Commander?
Just for kicks, what if he had his 8e 4++/3++ in combat?

Swarm got gutted in the 6e Tyranid codex, he lost his Eternal warrior, rerolling invulns, and got a price hike, all the bugs got in the ways of rules in 7th was white dwarf updates

What exactly do you need help with? You have shit load of models, just plug them into a list you like the look of.

If you want rules info you can download everything from the OP links, more info is on the 1d4 legion tactics page.

I'd like to help but you're question is very vague.

Tricky to be too helpful with such a broad question, as the other user says. However, if there's anything that collection is missing, it's stuff to go forward and push the enemy off backfield objectives, with some face-punching thrown in for good measure. I know you'll have10 terminators from BaC & BoP, but no way to deliver them (assuming the pyroclasts are taking that land raider). So, another land raider or a spartan might be worth considering to deliver some terminators across the field. Of course, custodes can also happily get stuck in, if you're thinking of getting some of those anyway.

Organising a list that looks like a credible threat.
Is a terminator command squad with a fully kitted praetor enough for a 2500 pts game ? I don't want to shell out for a spartan, but don't feel that is enough cc

I'll get myself another land raider and a coronus then, thanks

Where'd you get it from?

Ccon

Technically my LR. The LR is actually a recast of the Helios set, picked it up because it was cheaper than plastic. Light warping, two pieces missing, but I was fine with ordering bits to cover it since it was cheap anyway, it'd take months to sort out normally, and they had tossed in a free MkIV Heavy Support squad to boot.

damn those are slick

If you're interested in going full-mechanized, you're not too far off. Another Land Raider and/or Spartan for Termi delivery, and another 4 Rhinos for assorted Tac/Support Squad transport. Beyond that, you seem to have all the other bases covered, unless you wanna go the extra mile for fancy gubbinz (Sicaran(s), full Predator squad(s), Vulkan, assault marines, etc)

Drop pods probably wouldn't hurt either, just to have the option available, but that isn't a priority or even a very high suggestion either.

Eh, not so sure on that one. That might even be too much for a 2500pt game. It's really easy to dump a shit-ton of points into a praetor+command squad, and then your army suffers for it. You can still stick 'em in the Land Raider if you keep it to the praetor+4, but they'll want a transport. Without a transport (or the deep-strike RoW) they'll be too slow, and liable to getting picked off before they even reach combat otherwise.

Legio Recastodes ready to kill some non-compliant scum.

I don't suppose I could ask you for the contact info?

GW pls go and stay go
If you want the info, look for it like the rest of us

I've never used Reddit before.

Does the boarding shield stuff from FW work for breachers, or is it missing something the actual breacher models have?
Just wondering as one looks quite cheaper than the other for the same result
(Other than the breacher shields looking cooler)

The boarding shield has a mk7 armoured arm but by the time you put the model together it's so hidden it's not noticeable.

I made my breachers with the boarding shields, only problem you may have is that the shoulder pads might be difficult to fit but it's minor.

Also they are sold in packs of six, so you will have two left over after you build a squad

I like his hat

And?

Thanks!

Very nice, the gold is magnificent

I want to go with the covenant of fire rite of war, so no drop pods

Could you at least give me some advice on where/how to look?

I found the info in less than 10mn, so you have no excuses

How do you cut something with that sword?

Is there a more badass 40k weapon than a power sword with bolter/flamer attached to it's cross - guard?